April 25, 2024, 05:06:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #163 5/22/10 - 6/25/10  (Read 334808 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: June 14, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/casey-anthony-how-would-those-911-tapes-play-with-a-jury.html
Casey Anthony: How would those 911 tapes play with a jury?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, WESH — posted by halboedeker on June, 14 2010 10:38 AM
Discuss This: Comments(1) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The 911 tapes in the Casey Anthony were a big story last week in the sprawling case, and people are still talking about the issue.

Prosecutors want Cindy Anthony’s 911 calls played for the jury in daughter Casey’s murder trial. Casey is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Casey’s defense wants the 911 calls excluded as hearsay.

Why are the tapes so important?

“They show how Casey Anthony reacted to her own mother’s distress, and that is not going to play well with the jury,” said Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby last week in offering legal analysis for WESH-Channel 2.

What do you think?

Hornsby described Casey’s reaction at the time as “monotone.” Judge Belvin Perry will rule on the prosecution’s motion, and there’s no timetable on when that decision could come down.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #1401 on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »

http://www.bradenton.com/2010/06/13/2357231/anthony-defense-again-argues-against.html
Published: Sunday, Jun. 13, 2010
Updated: Sunday, Jun. 13, 2010
Anthony defense again argues against death penalty aggravators
By ANTHONY COLAROSSI - The Orlando Sentinel

Attorneys for Casey Anthony submitted three new arguments against reasons that would be used to secure a death sentence in the child murder case.

The documents received by Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s office Friday reiterate earlier arguments about the constitutionality of three aggravating circumstances that prosecutors want to use to win a death sentence.

One speaks about a capital felony — the murder — being committed while Anthony engaged in another felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

The defense argues that when examining if an aggravator might be overbroad, “the Court looks to whether there is a risk that the statute will result in capricious or arbitrary imposition of death.”

The legal team goes on to say this particular aggravator “fails to narrow the class of death eligible persons in a meaningful way, and thereby allows arbitrary and capricious application of the death penalty.”

The second circumstance questions whether 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony’s death “especially heinous, atrocious or cruel,” as defined in Florida’s death penalty statute.

Anthony, 24, is charged with killing her daughter. The toddler’s remains were found in December 2008, six months after her mother claims she last saw her alive.

The defense says prosecutors have not cited case law that “substantively address the constitutionality of the aggravator itself.”

The defense earlier filed a survey of how the so-called “HAC” aggravator is “actually applied.”

“This analysis shows that the aggravator itself — irrespective of the instruction given to the jury — cannot be found constitutional due to its vagueness, failure to narrow, and the arbitrary and capricious application of the aggravator that has occurred in Florida since its inception,” Casey’s legal team argues.

The third aggravator involves the capital felony, whether it was a homicide and “committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification,” as defined in the statute.

The defense cites case law brought up in an earlier filing and argues that the cases “illustrate that the constitutionality of the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator has not been resolved -- as the state argues...”

The Casey team concludes that prosecutors should be “precluded from using . . . (the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator) as an aggravator to support the decision to execute Miss Anthony.”

The submitted documents serve as replies to responses prosecutors filed earlier in the case.

Maybe they should have their client detail how she accomplished the murder, and let a jury decide if it was 'heinous, atrocious or cruel'.  If she is innocent, stop mucking around with "aggravators" and prove it. 
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1402 on: June 14, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »

http://www.bradenton.com/2010/06/13/2357231/anthony-defense-again-argues-against.html
Published: Sunday, Jun. 13, 2010
Updated: Sunday, Jun. 13, 2010
Anthony defense again argues against death penalty aggravators
By ANTHONY COLAROSSI - The Orlando Sentinel

Attorneys for Casey Anthony submitted three new arguments against reasons that would be used to secure a death sentence in the child murder case.

The documents received by Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s office Friday reiterate earlier arguments about the constitutionality of three aggravating circumstances that prosecutors want to use to win a death sentence.

One speaks about a capital felony — the murder — being committed while Anthony engaged in another felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

The defense argues that when examining if an aggravator might be overbroad, “the Court looks to whether there is a risk that the statute will result in capricious or arbitrary imposition of death.”

The legal team goes on to say this particular aggravator “fails to narrow the class of death eligible persons in a meaningful way, and thereby allows arbitrary and capricious application of the death penalty.”

The second circumstance questions whether 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony’s death “especially heinous, atrocious or cruel,” as defined in Florida’s death penalty statute.

Anthony, 24, is charged with killing her daughter. The toddler’s remains were found in December 2008, six months after her mother claims she last saw her alive.

The defense says prosecutors have not cited case law that “substantively address the constitutionality of the aggravator itself.”

The defense earlier filed a survey of how the so-called “HAC” aggravator is “actually applied.”

“This analysis shows that the aggravator itself — irrespective of the instruction given to the jury — cannot be found constitutional due to its vagueness, failure to narrow, and the arbitrary and capricious application of the aggravator that has occurred in Florida since its inception,” Casey’s legal team argues.

The third aggravator involves the capital felony, whether it was a homicide and “committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification,” as defined in the statute.

The defense cites case law brought up in an earlier filing and argues that the cases “illustrate that the constitutionality of the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator has not been resolved -- as the state argues...”

The Casey team concludes that prosecutors should be “precluded from using . . . (the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator) as an aggravator to support the decision to execute Miss Anthony.”

The submitted documents serve as replies to responses prosecutors filed earlier in the case.

Maybe they should have their client detail how she accomplished the murder, and let a jury decide if it was 'heinous, atrocious or cruel'.  If she is innocent, stop mucking around with "aggravators" and prove it. 
Exactly!  If she's innocent, why all the commotion about the death penalty?  Hey, here's a novel thought...How's about letting us see all that proof that ol' Todd Macawhatever shot his mouth off about?  (I know, not very good grammar, but I'm really annoyed.)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1403 on: June 14, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »

Deenie, good questions!  Made me stop and think think think. 

And ya know, you're right!  She must have had some amount of the tape wrapped in such a way as to 'anchor' (so to speak) the rest.  Hadn't thought about that.  Cuz even two or three strips of duct tape across wouldn't be enough I'd think as well, to make it stay tightly across the nose and mouth.  Especially if she was struggling against that.  I was thinking in terms of one or two strips completely around the nose/mouth, continuing around her entire head.  But scalp.  Hmmm.. That does indicate higher on the head, I agree. 

My heart hurts thinking of our precious Caylee being treated in this way.  I can only hope that she was drugged ahead of time, so that she was not aware of what was happening.  Sigh.  Had her neck been broken beforehand, I doubt that the duct tape would then have been used after that.  Dunno tho.  Seems like over-kill to me.  And yet, a person filled with such rage as Casey seems to be, very likely could proceed to an over-kill state. 

I cannot imagine for a minute that Caylee died long beforehand, in some other way first, as in for example, an accidental drowning or OD..... and then her precious lil body having duct tape placed on it afterward.  What would be the purpose of that?  Unless an attempt to 'make it look like' something other than it was. ?? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1404 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

Exactly!  If she's innocent, why all the commotion about the death penalty?  Hey, here's a novel thought...How's about letting us see all that proof that ol' Todd Macawhatever shot his mouth off about?  (I know, not very good grammar, but I'm really annoyed.)

I agree with you both!  Seems to me that the duh-fence knows exactly what happened, know their client is screwed, has nothing 'concrete' to prove the innocence of their client, and has nothing to stand on.  Seems their only avenue of duh-fence is to pick apart anything and everything that the prosecution has, in the hopes they find some little technicality somewhere they can exploit to its fullest. 

Ya know......... If I needed a defense attorney, I'd want one that could help prove my innocence.  Cuz I would be.  If I were guilty, I'd just plea guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court.  Too bad not everyone feels that way tho.  lol We'd never have lengthy trials, etc. 

Just cannot wrap my mind around how some defense attorneys, knowing or even guessing that their client is guilty as sin, can continue on defending that person, to the limit.  No matter the victim.  No matter that the courts are to uphold truth, justice and the american way.  Oh wait, is that the court's position or superman?  cartoon vs. justice.  hmmm.  they seem kind of blurred together to me these days. 

But really.. what goes on in courts these days?  Seems the prosecution does all they can do to bring forth truth and fight for justice.  While the defense seem to do all they can do to fight for their clients freedom, no matter what the 'real truth' is, and no matter about justice.  how can a defense atty who does this, sleep easily at night?  sigh. 

Sorry for that tangent.  Sad 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1405 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/casey-anthony-george-cindy-talk-to-good-morning-america-on-tuesday.html/comment-page-2
Casey Anthony: George, Cindy talk to ‘Good Morning America’ on Tuesday
ABC, Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, Good Morning America, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on June, 14 2010 3:32 PM
Discuss This: Comments(78) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

“Good Morning America” will offer an interview Tuesday with George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of Casey Anthony.

The Anthonys were flown to New York for the interview, which was taped Friday and conducted by Ashleigh Banfield of ABC News. Banfield was free to ask anything she wanted, an ABC News spokeswoman said.

The spokeswoman said the network did not license any new photos or videos for the “GMA” interview, and that information will be disclosed on Tuesday’s show.

In 2008, ABC News paid Casey Anthony and her family $200,000 for photos and video of toddler Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony was later charged with first-degree murder in the death of her child. Any photos or video used in Tuesday’s segment was licensed under the deal two years ago, ABC News said.

“GMA” starts at 7 a.m. weekdays on WFTV-Channel 9.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1406 on: June 14, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/casey-anthony-george-cindy-talk-to-good-morning-america-on-tuesday.html/comment-page-2
ABC, Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, Good Morning America, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on June, 14 2010 3:32 PM

“Good Morning America” will offer an interview Tuesday with George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of Casey Anthony.

The Anthonys were flown to New York for the interview, which was taped Friday and conducted by Ashleigh Banfield of ABC News. Banfield was free to ask anything she wanted, an ABC News spokeswoman said.

The spokeswoman said the network did not license any new photos or videos for the “GMA” interview, and that information will be disclosed on Tuesday’s show.

In 2008, ABC News paid Casey Anthony and her family $200,000 for photos and video of toddler Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony was later charged with first-degree murder in the death of her child. Any photos or video used in Tuesday’s segment was licensed under the deal two years ago, ABC News said.

Yeah, right. Banfields's free to ask away, but the Anthony's feel just as free to hedge, lie and deny. I bet Conway will be there too.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1407 on: June 14, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »

*sigh* I knew they had been quiet for too long.

Not gonna say any more. Nope. Not me.

NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1408 on: June 14, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

Thanks Trimm

But, who really cares about George and Cindy?  I can't wait until they both crawl in a hole and are never heard from again, oh yea, there's got to be room in that hole for their murdering, slore of a daughter. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »

hi Monks!  thanks trim.....ABC is really verbal about NOT paying and licensing fees..............and it states they paid Casey Anthong and HER FAMILY $200K...so we knew the A's couldn't fly low for too long!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1410 on: June 14, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »

Thanks Trimm

But, who really cares about George and Cindy?  I can't wait until they both crawl in a hole and are never heard from again, oh yea, there's got to be room in that hole for their murdering, slore of a daughter. 

Mike you are so right.....what could they possibly say that is of any interest or value.  We have heard their lies for 2 years...NO MORE

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1411 on: June 14, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »

Cindy and George just can't stand being out of the limelight, here we go again......
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1412 on: June 14, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23896906/detail.html
Window For Anthony Civil Trial Set
Anthony Being Sued For Defamation Of Character

POSTED: Monday, June 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:26 pm EDT June 14, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Jose Rodriguez has set a three-week trail docket beginning Aug. 29, 2011, in the civil case against Casey Anthony.

The move means the trial will begin sometime from late August until mid-September of next year, which would be shortly after the conclusion of Anthony's murder trial, if it proceeds as scheduled on May 9, 2011.

The civil trial is expected to last five days.

Rodriguez referred the case to mediation, which must be completed before pretrial hearings.

Zenaida Gonzalez filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony, claiming she ruined her reputation by linking her to the disappearance of Anthony's daughter, Caylee.

Anthony told authorities in 2008 that she left her daughter with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzlalez and the two were gone when she went to pick up her daughter.

Anthony, 24, was charged in the death of Caylee, whose remains were found in a wooded lot in Orange County in December 2008. Anthony has pleaded not guilty and remains jailed on first-degree murder charges.

Gonzalez is seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

~ Peter Frampton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1413 on: June 14, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »

OH, GAG ME!! 
Doesn't matter that any question can be asked.....Cindy's answers are always turned into a question or make absolutely no sense. What a waste of air space. I've so enjoyed the last months not hearing her BS.
Stay the he!! home Scamthony's....do us all a favor and STFU!

Guess they've run out of photos...probably locked up in Baez's "drawers".......LMAO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1414 on: June 14, 2010, 09:30:55 PM »

Ashleigh Banfield won't be asking any difficult questions, each time I have heard her comment about them on 'InSessions' she always sympathizes with the'bereaved grandparents'.  I certainly won't be watching the show-  the A's must be planning another cruise, or in need of a mortgage payment, but I won't be contributing to their blood money fund in anyway.  I couldn't resist emailing Ashleigh Banfield though, had to have my say...    contact her at    banfield.info@gmail.com    if anyone else wants to express their opinion.   
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1415 on: June 14, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »

Ashleigh Banfield won't be asking any difficult questions, each time I have heard her comment about them on 'InSessions' she always sympathizes with the'bereaved grandparents'.  I certainly won't be watching the show-  the A's must be planning another cruise, or in need of a mortgage payment, but I won't be contributing to their blood money fund in anyway.  I couldn't resist emailing Ashleigh Banfield though, had to have my say...    contact her at    banfield.info@gmail.com    if anyone else wants to express their opinion.   

Thanks Western....I'm not gonna pass up the chance to express a few thoughts about the Ants to Ashley.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1416 on: June 14, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

Hi Monkeys--Lots of stuff going on and hard to get in the cage at times.

I detest Ashleigh Banfield.  Some years ago she was interviewing someone in I think Pakistan.  It was some dirty old mullah.  She actually put on that nonsensical garb and knelt before him to ask her silly questions.  I have never forgiven her for that and I never will.  By her wearing that nonsense and kneeling she was somehow agreeing with them that she, as a woman, is inferior.  Come to think of it she is personally inferior.  I didn't know she worked at ABC now.  She sort of ruined her career when she did that, at least for a time.  Disgusting.

Maybe she'll kneel in front of Georgie and Cindy to ask her questions.  Cindy would like that........

I agree with those of you who feel that George and Cindy have nothing of interest to say.  I'll be sleeping in.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1417 on: June 14, 2010, 11:33:04 PM »

Hi Monkeys--Lots of stuff going on and hard to get in the cage at times.

I detest Ashleigh Banfield.  Some years ago she was interviewing someone in I think Pakistan.  It was some dirty old mullah.  She actually put on that nonsensical garb and knelt before him to ask her silly questions.  I have never forgiven her for that and I never will.  By her wearing that nonsense and kneeling she was somehow agreeing with them that she, as a woman, is inferior.  Come to think of it she is personally inferior.  I didn't know she worked at ABC now.  She sort of ruined her career when she did that, at least for a time.  Disgusting.

Maybe she'll kneel in front of Georgie and Cindy to ask her questions.  Cindy would like that........

I agree with those of you who feel that George and Cindy have nothing of interest to say.  I'll be sleeping in.

Hi Babybear!

(And thank you, Western, for the email address.)

I agree, BB, I have little respect for Ashley anymore as well, and I will be sleeping in also.

I might watch a video of the interview later in the day if my stomach is strong. Maybe not. C & G have nothing to say that I'd like to hear. They missed that train many moons ago.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1418 on: June 14, 2010, 11:40:10 PM »

OMG! Here we go again. They just can't keep their yaps shut. They've done enough damage.
Can't take the competition with Joran I imagine.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1419 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20:37 AM »

The Ashley, George & CinCin Trio is too much to take as the day dawns--LOL--  What on earth do they have to say at this point in time anyway?  Yeah, I bet Conway will be there as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.