April 25, 2024, 09:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #163 5/22/10 - 6/25/10  (Read 334865 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1700 on: June 21, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »

Mason jar wants a hearing for the 911 calls motion to exclude. Linda Drane (love her) says it appears Mason jar does not understand her argument in her pleading motion. lol

Defense still has not given the state a witness list for them to schedule depos. (No shock there)

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1701 on: June 21, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »

Judge Perry wants the Kronk "prior bad acts" motion/hearing taken care of in short order. Prefers July, but by August at the latest. Mason jar came onto the train after those Kronk motions were filed, so he didn't know what the status was.....blah, blah

COME ON JAR HEAD....you are now in the driver's seat of this team of turds. You should know this case inside out by now. Judge Perry is not gonna accept that LAME excuse much longer. Do your homework, and be prepared. You will get a smackdown very soon if you continue claims of ignorance.

Still having fun Jarhead????

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1702 on: June 21, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »

Judge Perry wants the Kronk "prior bad acts" motion/hearing taken care of in short order. Prefers July, but by August at the latest. Mason jar came onto the train after those Kronk motions were filed, so he didn't know what the status was.....blah, blah

COME ON JAR HEAD....you are now in the driver's seat of this team of turds. You should know this case inside out by now. Judge Perry is not gonna accept that LAME excuse much longer. Do your homework, and be prepared. You will get a smackdown very soon if you continue claims of ignorance.

Still having fun Jarhead????

The ole "that was before I came on the case" will soon not be worth a snow ball in h#ll.  What year does he intend to get up to speed?  Assuredly relying on bozo would be deadly.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1703 on: June 21, 2010, 04:48:26 PM »

911 Calls Debated At Anthony Hearing
Hearing Set For July 15 On 911 Calls
UPDATED: 4:37 pm EDT June 21, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry scheduled a hearing for July 15 to discuss the use of 911 calls as evidence in the case against Casey Anthony.

It was the phone call that started it all -- an emotional 911 call made by Cindy Anthony to report her granddaughter, Caylee Anthony, was missing.

"There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in it," said Cindy Anthony during the call.

Casey Anthony also spoke to a 911 dispatcher and said Caylee had been missing for 31 days and that she knew who had her.

Anthony's defense team does not want the 911 calls admitted as evidence, but the prosecution wants to use them.

Legal experts said 911 tapes are usually considered hearsay, but there have been exceptions when the words are considered spontaneous.

Defense attorneys said Cindy Anthony's call was not spontaneous because she ran errands and talked to people before making the call.

"It's not admissible evidence. Anyone can pick up a phone and say anything," defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23980002/detail.html

cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1704 on: June 21, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »

Didn't she call 911 right after hearing Casey telling Lee that Caylee had been kidnapped?? If so, that is the event that caused the spontaneous 911 call, not picking up the car.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1705 on: June 21, 2010, 05:41:27 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/06/casey-anthony-case-moves-rapid.html
WDBO Local News      
Casey Anthony case moves rapidly toward trial
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ June 21, 2010 5:12 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
The case against Casey Anthony was back in Orange County court Monday afternoon where Judge Belvin Perry Jr. set the stage for a crucial summer and fall of hearings.

Issues to be settled largely surround what will be allowed in court during the trial, including defense accusations against Roy Kronk, the man who found Caylee's remains.  The defense interviewed two women who said they'd been abused by Kronk and one said she suspected him in the disappearance of Caylee.

Prosecutors told the judge that the women haven't cooperated with attempts to question them, and they don't have the power to force them to answer questions until the defense lists them as witnesses(witness list deadline is Aug. 31st).

This fall, Judge Perry will likely hear arguments on the admissibility of lab test on air samples from the trunk of Casey's car.

Scientists at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee say the samples show signs of decomposition, but Casey's defense has calls the test "junk science."

Also Monday Judge Perry set a hearing on 911 calls made by Casey's mother on the day the story broke.
"It smells like there has been a dead body in the damn car," Cindy Anthony told the 911 operator in a panic.

The defense says the calls are hearsay, but the prosecution wants to play parts of them to jurors.

A hearing on the issue will be held on July 15th - exactly two years from the day the calls were made.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1706 on: June 21, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/6/21/judge_wants_casey_anthony_trial_ready_for_may.html
 Judge Wants Casey Anthony Trial Ready For May
Monday, June 21, 2010 5:08:04 PM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Attorneys in the Casey Anthony case checked in with the judge Monday.

In a 30-minute hearing, the judge asked questions to both prosecutors and the defense to make sure they were getting the work done in order to be ready for trial.

Anthony was not in court Monday. She was not required to be there since it was just a status hearing, where no major decisions were made.

Anthony’s main attorney, Jose Baez, was not in court either. He's out of town.

Cheney Mason and assistant state attorneys gave updates on depositions and any other outstanding motions that may need to be discussed in a hearing.

Judge Belvin Perry wants this case to be ready for trial next May.

Perry is holding attorneys to deadlines, and even asking them to do more to make sure there aren't any unexpected delays, like making sure investigators have turned over any and all material regarding Anthony's case.
"I would hate to have a key piece of evidence of some document that either favors the defendant or the state come up at the last minute, and they have to exclude it or may cause a delay in this case," Perry said.

Meanwhile, 911 calls have been an ongoing battle between the defense and prosecutors.

Cindy Anthony made a frantic 911 call after learning her granddaughter was missing.

"I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car," she said in another call.

That call came after Casey's car was picked up at an impound lot.

Arguments regarding those calls will be heard at a hearing next month.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1707 on: June 21, 2010, 06:18:13 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/06/casey-anthony-defense-attorney-calls-cindys-911-call-contrived-and-planned.html
Casey Anthony: Defense attorney calls Cindy’s 911 call ‘contrived and planned’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on June, 21 2010 5:48 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

A July 15 hearing in the Casey Anthony case will focus on Cindy Anthony’s 911 calls and whether they will be admitted at the murder trial.

Why does the defense want the calls excluded?

“Cause it’s not admissible evidence,” defense attorney Cheney Mason told WESH-Channel 2’s Michelle Meredith. “Anybody can pick up a phone and say anything. I could borrow your phone right now and call 911 about you.”

The prosecution wants the jury to hear the 911 calls; the defense wants them excluded as hearsay. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich said, “The defense is trying to convince Chief Judge Belvin Perry that Cindy really wasn’t excited so it’s not really legally an excited utterance –  that it’s merely hearsay, which is inadmissible.”

Attorney Mason told Belich that Cindy’s emotional 911 call ”was contrived and planned.”

Belich said the defense “completely reversed itself” on whether Texas EquuSearch volunteers in summer 2008 searched the woods where Caylee’s remains were found in December of that year.

The defense is challenging prosecution experts’ contention that Casey Anthony put Caylee’s body in the woods in June 2008, Belich explained.

“What do you have that shows she was not there in June? That’s when Caylee disappeared,” Belich asked Mason.

“We don’t know when she disappeared,” Mason said. 
Belich also reported that the defense is “backing off its claim that meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee’s remains, should be a suspect in Caylee’s murder because of wild accusations that Kronk’s exes made against him.”   

WOFL-Channel 35’s Holly Bristow turned to the Texas EquuSearch volunteers’ search in summer 2008. At the hearing next month, the defense will seek a list of every volunteer who searched for Caylee, Bristow reported.

“The public has been made to believe that these people searched the exact area where the body was, or tried to and couldn’t,” Mason said. “The fact is they didn’t try to, and they didn’t. They weren’t there. And it was impassable at the time.”

Mason explained that point is central to the defense’s theory of establishing a reasonable doubt that Casey couldn’t have put the body there.

WESH also provided an update about Casey Anthony’s tooth after she fell at the courthouse.

WESH’s Meredith said, “Sources us tell us that that tooth has been repaired and that it looks good, like it never happened.”

That can’t be said about too many things in this sprawling case.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1708 on: June 21, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/06/status-hearing-for-casey-anthony-murder.html
Monday, June 21, 2010
Status Hearing for Casey Anthony Murder Trial

~ Peter Frampton
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1709 on: June 21, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »

trim...again thank you for all the media updates

Darla's surgery went well and she hopes to come home tomorrow!!  I hope she will be pain free when this is all over...she suffers greatly!!
Yes, thank you so much for all the links.  Glad to hear the news of Darla's surgery.

And to ISpy, I do agree that there is valuable forensic evidence to be gleaned from the trash bags, including the striations and other details of their production.  This is something I've thought about since I first heard she was found in garbage bags.  It brought to mind the Melanie McGuire case, where this kind of evidence really did help to convict Melanie of the murder of her husband.
http://ems.gmnews.com/news/2007-04-04/Front_page/032.html
Blogger 'CitizenKim' made this connection back in January, too:
http://citizenkim.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/garbage-bags-link-nicely-back-to-anthony-home-nancy-grace-122-watching-and-blogging/

On the subject of the duct tape on Caylee's skull, discussed by Deenie

I believe Jan Garavaglia specified "scalp hair" for clarity's sake, simply to differentiate from the small peach-fuzz hairs on our faces and elsewhere.  (ICBW.)  My own take on reading the report is that it appears that 3 or 4 long (approx. 9") strips of duct tape were wrapped around the front of Caylee's face; definitely covering her mouth, most likely her nose as well, and possibly even originally over her eyes too, although there was no tape covering the eye sockets of her skull by the time her remains were discovered.  The ends of each strip seem to have been anchored on each side of her head, past her ears, and were stuck fast to the hair at the sides of her head.

At the time her remains were found, there was NO soft tissue left at all, not even any which might have otherwise been preserved underneath the duct tape or remaining adhered to it.  No soft tissue at all.

All that remained was Caylee's skeletonized skull and the "hair mass" attached by duct tape. In other words, all the skin was totally gone, but the duct tape across the front of her skull still adhered tightly to her hair, managing to continue to hold the mandible in place, which normally would have separated from the skull early on and would have otherwise been found apart from her skull.

Autopsy Report: 
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0619/19802034.pdf
Page 2, Article C

So, I don't believe that the duct tape went over the top of her head, nor that it was wound around her entire head mummy style, but of course I could be wrong about that.

~*~  Rest in peace, beautiful Caylee.  ~*~ 

-----
Prayers for Darla.  Hello to Wyks and Curly and Mission and PTLB and Gypsy and Boo... also Nutt and Bearly and Klaas... I miss AkMom and NumbersGirl and Sassy.  There are so many cool monkeys, I can't greet them all!  (I sound like Miss Sally from RomperRoom.)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1KAgrYUGA&feature=related

Hi Desdemona...I've been super busy...I'm always way behind - but try to keep up with all you smart monkeys!  Thanks to all of you for keeping these threads going and bringing the latest news forward.  Peace!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1710 on: June 21, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/06/status-hearing-for-casey-anthony-murder.html
Monday, June 21, 2010

Excellent post and summary of today's events.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1711 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Excellent post and summary of today's events.

I agree. Thanks, Brandi.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1712 on: June 21, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Thanks-always a joy to read;  I think it's a " Cheney Mason takeover" also ..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1713 on: June 21, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »

http://www.momlogic.com/2010/06/van_der_sloot_casey_anthony_mo.php
Would You Help Your Kid Get Away With Murder?
posted Monday, June 21, 2010
filed under: family

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2010/06/van_der_sloot_casey_anthony_mo.php#ixzz0rXIjq3FF

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1714 on: June 21, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1715 on: June 22, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »

Darla's surgery went well and she hopes to come home tomorrow!!  I hope she will be pain free when this is all over...she suffers greatly!!
Yes, thank you so much for all the links.  Glad to hear the news of Darla's surgery.

And to ISpy, I do agree that there is valuable forensic evidence to be gleaned from the trash bags, including the striations and other details of their production.  This is something I've thought about since I first heard she was found in garbage bags.  It brought to mind the Melanie McGuire case, where this kind of evidence really did help to convict Melanie of the murder of her husband.
http://citizenkim.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/garbage-bags-link-nicely-back-to-anthony-home-nancy-grace-122-watching-and-blogging/

I believe Jan Garavaglia specified "scalp hair" for clarity's sake, simply to differentiate from the small peach-fuzz hairs on our faces and elsewhere.  (ICBW.)  My own take on reading the report is that it appears that 3 or 4 long (approx. 9") strips of duct tape were wrapped around the front of Caylee's face; definitely covering her mouth, most likely her nose as well, and possibly even originally over her eyes too, although there was no tape covering the eye sockets of her skull by the time her remains were discovered.  The ends of each strip seem to have been anchored on each side of her head, past her ears, and were stuck fast to the hair at the sides of her head.

At the time her remains were found, there was NO soft tissue left at all, not even any which might have otherwise been preserved underneath the duct tape or remaining adhered to it.  No soft tissue at all.

All that remained was Caylee's skeletonized skull and the "hair mass" attached by duct tape. In other words, all the skin was totally gone, but the duct tape across the front of her skull still adhered tightly to her hair, managing to continue to hold the mandible in place, which normally would have separated from the skull early on and would have otherwise been found apart from her skull.

Autopsy Report: 
Page 2, Article C

So, I don't believe that the duct tape went over the top of her head, nor that it was wound around her entire head mummy style, but of course I could be wrong about that.

-----
Prayers for Darla.  Hello to Wyks and Curly and Mission and PTLB and Gypsy and Boo... also Nutt and Bearly and Klaas... I miss AkMom and NumbersGirl and Sassy.  There are so many cool monkeys, I can't greet them all!  (I sound like Miss Sally from RomperRoom.)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1KAgrYUGA&feature=related

Oh, Desdemona, your posts always mean SO much to me.  It is so hard to be here as much in the summer.  I am also trying to hang out and support Nat some right now.....I am hoping and praying for a miracle.....Beth and all need and deserve closure......I have GREAT hopes that there is a match between the weed barrier plastic in the As yard and weed barrier that was found near Caylee.  I know we will all stand strong for justice for all of our special missing and murdered......(hugs)

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1716 on: June 22, 2010, 04:29:56 AM »

Thanks Brandi, and I can barely hear the lawyers, the judge, yes, he is speaking into the mic.

Yes, the sound is not good. Judge is very loud, the lawyers, you can barely hear.
And I think a lot of people have forgotten about today's hearing, just by looking at how few people are on the thread.

I didn't forget No Rose, I am always late to the party.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1717 on: June 22, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »

Autopsy Report: 
Page 2, Article C

-----

Hi Desi!  I  have missed your words of wisdom.  So you have a magic mirror?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1718 on: June 22, 2010, 05:23:52 AM »

Bill Sheaffer to wipe the sweat from our collective brows:

http://www.wftv.com/video/23978556/index.html

I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1719 on: June 22, 2010, 06:05:15 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony's Defense Flip Flops
06/21/10

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.