March 28, 2024, 04:03:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kent Jacobs 41, Msg 03/10/02, Hope Mills NC  (Read 3316 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 11, 2010, 08:18:12 AM »

New push to solve 8-year-old missing man case

Updated at 08:04 AM today

CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- There is a new push in Cumberland County to find a mentally challenged man who has been missing for eight years.

In March 2002, 42-year-old Kent Jacobs disappeared without a trace.

Now, his family is distributing new posters of Jacobs in many places across Cumberland County, including where he was last seen.

The challenge of finding out what happened to him rests in the hands of investigators.

"Yes, the leads are still coming in," Sergeant Nan Trogdon said. "One of the reasons for this push was the fact that when I was out canvassing the neighborhoods again, a lot of people actually said 'We thought you found Kent.'"

For the past eight years, Jacobs' mother has dealt with the loss.

"I've had great Mother's Days, don't think I haven't," Martha Jacobs said. "But I said, 'Lord if I only had Kent, it would be complete. It would be complete for my family.'"

Inside Jacobs' home, his room has been untouched since his disappearance. In the kitchen, a circle marks March 10, 2002.

On that day, he woke up, checked on his mother who was getting ready for church, and then he left home. It was the last time his mother would see him.

"If someone would just, even just drop some type of a hint, some type of a hint would be better than nothing," Jacobs said.

Trogdon hopes the new attention to the case helps her solve it before another Mother's Day passes.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500 or 677-5400.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7433529

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:18:49 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301357W

Name:  Kent Jacobs

Classification:  Endangered Missing Adult 
Date of Birth:  1960-03-16 
Date Missing:  2002-03-10 
From City/State:  Hope Mills, NC 
Age at Time of Disappearance:  41 
Race:  Am. Indian 
Height:  66 inches 
Weight:  150 pounds 
Hair Color:  Black 
Eye Color:  Brown 
Complexion:  Medium 
Identifying Characteristics:  Tattoo of a small "cross" on upper left arm. 
Clothing:  "Harley Davidson" sweatshirt, blue jeans and "Reebok" athletic shoes. 
Circumstances of Disappearance:  Unknown. Kent was last at approximately 5:00pm in the vicinity of Colonial Heights in Hope Mills, NC. He left the area on foot to walk to a family member's residence on Mcdonald Rd., and never arrived. Uncomfirmed sightings place Kent on Porter RD., that same evening. Kent has a medical condition and needs medication. 
Investigative Agency:  Cumberland County Sheriff's Office 
Phone:  (910) 677-5503 
Investigative Case #:  200203195 
NCIC #:  M-652247561 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »

more photos >>
http://www.lbth.org/KentJacobs.pdf

http://www.hallontheweb.com/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=kj&report=sp&ID=000

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »

Posted: 57 minutes ago

Archaeologists' search finds no signs of missing Hope Mills man

Hope Mills, N.C. — A search by North Carolina State University scientists was ended after turning up no new signs of a Hope Mills man who has been missing for eight years, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

Geologist Ron Crowson and forensic archaeologist Billy Oliver used high-tech equipment to search a wooded lot off Brooklyn Circle Wednesday as part of the investigation into the March 10, 2002, disappearance of Kent Jacobs.

Debbie Tanna, a spokeswoman for the sheriff's office, said the scientists found no signs of Jacobs, who was 42 when he disappeared from a neighborhood about 2 miles from his mother's home. Relatives said he has a disability that left him with the mental capacity of a 9-year-old.

"There was no evidence found to support suggestions that Jacobs' remains were buried in the area," Tanna said in a statement. "This is one of the handful of leads that our homicide team will continue to follow in the months to come."

Jacobs' disappearance is oldest unsolved missing persons case in Cumberland County, and a new detective was recently assigned to the case. Since about five months after Jacobs went missing, the case has been treated as a homicide.

The N.C. State scientists are part of the North Carolina Project for Forensic Science, which has assisted in about 70 homicide investigations across the state in the past five years.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7677768/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.