April 25, 2024, 02:47:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kagan - Equal Opportunity v. Intentional Discrimination  (Read 1206 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 11, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »

"I take it as a given that we live in a society marred by racial and gender inequality, that certain forms of speech perpetuate and promote this inequality, and that the uncoerced disappearance of such speech would be cause for great elation."

Kagan's name was also on a brief, United States V. Stevens, dug up by the Washington Examiner, stating: "Whether a given category of speech enjoys First Amendment protection depends upon a categorical balancing of the value of the speech against its societal costs."

more here - http://www.thefoxnation.com/elena-kagan/2010/05/11/kagan-some-speech-can-be-disappeared

Let's see...we have Eric Holder and his quest to promote social justice and monetary payments based on statistical discrimination against some folks, not everyone affected, based on race, or other identifiable features.  Example - AIG and the 2 brokers.  Taxpayers paid the fine to African Americans.  No one knows if non-African Americans were charged the same high rates.  It's the new justice  based on statistics.

"Lies, Damn Lies, & Statistics"

So, would Kagan believe that everyone is a racist?  Some, because of their features should get a hand up?  Ignoring all those without the feature that are similarly situated?

Why isn't government promoting equal opportunity for every?

At some point, taxation becomes theft.  The lazy, greedy, and political terrorists, take the charity that should go to the needy.

For some reason, Obamacrats don't distinguish the needy from the others with their hands out.

I don't think anyone in Washington makes good decisions about need.

It's about greed for Wall Street, politicians, and special interest.  Just raise taxes on the working folks.

Why doesn't every American have the right to keep the fruit of their labor?  Why should anyone, or any government, or international body, like the UN or WHO, take what they didn't earn and squander it?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.