March 29, 2024, 03:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the real financial threat Europe's banks? Or, Goldman Sachs and others?  (Read 1386 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 11, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

Did Goldman and others enable the financial meltdown?  Europes (Greece's) financial problems?

Would Greece have this problem today if they had been honest years ago?  If Goldman had just said 'no' to helping them with covering up their financial condition?

What is the real threat?  Europe?  Or, the actions/help companies like Goldman offer nations and others?

UPDATE 2-Bernanke saw threat to US banks from Europe-Shelby
Tue May 11, 2010 11:45am EDT

"Chairman Bernanke explained what was going on in Europe, it was basically a European problem but with ramifications probably on a lot of our banks and our banking system if there was no intervention," Senator Richard Shelby told reporters after a closed-door briefing Bernanke provided lawmakers.

more here - http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1127247120100511

What is the worst thing that could have happened?

EU countries charge Goldman (and others) with crimes?  Ask for Goldman and other executives and workers be expedited to face trials?

Maybe there should be charges in some kind of global tribunal?

Where?  China?  Netherlands?

"This is not a loan by U.S. taxpayers but a liquidity vehicle," Republican Senator Bob Corker said after the briefing. "Based on information I have today, it seemed to me it is a standard procedure that central banks engage in with each other."

REALLY!  Why not a ROBUST AUDIT to find out WHO and HOW MANY TIMES they do these things?

In an effort to bolster its case that no taxpayer funds are at risk, the Fed on Tuesday plans to make public contractual agreements it has for the reopened swap lines, a Fed official said...

Weren't credit default swaps the cause of the problems?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.