March 28, 2024, 11:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethan Stacy, 4yr old, found dead  (Read 83035 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

I wasn't sure whether to post this picture or not because if it's what it appears to be, it looks like Ethan has a fat lip! 

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »

I wasn't sure whether to post this picture or not because if it's what it appears to be, it looks like Ethan has a fat lip! 

His whole little face is swollen   
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 10:47:31 PM »

That picture is just horrible, my god his mouth is so swollen. Did you read her comment, "my two favorite boys playing video games together" That leaves me 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10822257

Sloop's attorney reviews possibility of insanity defense, domestic violence

May 18th, 2010 @ 5:29pm

LAYTON -- The defense team for the man accused of killing 4-year-old Ethan Stacy and burying his body in the mountains is at least checking into a claim the suspect may have a multiple personality disorder.

At the same time, domestic violence counselors are questioning whether Stephanie Sloop was abused as well.

The question of mental illness

Nathan Sloop's attorney, Todd Utzinger, is urging patience in the case.
It's too early to know how claims of a multiple personality disorder might play into any defense, such as an insanity plea, according to attorney Todd Utzinger.

"The prosecutor in the case, Troy Rawlings, is trying to do his job carefully, and we also are trying to do our job carefully," Utzinger told KSL Newsradio on Tuesday.

Part of that job will be to check out claims that Sloop has a multiple personality disorder. Utzinger said he's obligated to check out the claims that, so far, he's only heard in media reports. He said it's too early to know how that might play into any defense, such as an insanity plea.

"It's not a common defense in Utah. The Utah law is very strict on those sorts of mental health issues," he said. "But regardless of what the law is, I need to at least investigate the allegations that have been made out there in the public."

Sloop and his wife, Stephanie, are accused of abusing Ethan over a number of days and not seeking medical help for the boy, who eventually died.

Utzinger won't comment on Sloop's demeanor in jail, except to say he's now off suicide watch and has been for several days.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10829135

Friend: Mother made frantic phone calls days before boy died

SALT LAKE CITY -- A former close friend of Stephanie Sloop's, who lives in Florida, says their friendship fell apart when Sloop split from Ethan's father. But in the emotional crisis surrounding Ethan's death, Sloop apparently reached out to her former friend for help, in hysteria.

Carla Jones says she's turned over recordings of Stephanie Sloop's voice messages as potential evidence. She blames herself for not reacting in time to save the little boy she calls "Pumpkin."

Photos document years of friendship between Carla Jones, Ethan Stacy and his parents, Joe and Stephanie.

"We were very, very close. We did a lot of things as families and as couples -- double dates, whatnot, parties at our house," Jones said.

Speaking to us from our affiliate station in Orlando, Jones said when the Stacys marriage fell apart, Stephanie forced her to choose: Joe or Stephanie.

"I love Joe and Ethan. They are extended family to us," Jones said.

Jones is infuriated by claims Stephanie was a nurturing mother. She said her former friend was wicked, twisted, with no patience for children.

"Stephanie is a very conniving, manipulating and deceiving person," Jones said. "She would sell her own mother if it was going to get her something."

"She was not a fit mother," Jones continued. "She was not a fit wife. She had a personality disorder. She had anger issues. She should have never had that child."

Jones believes Stephanie took custody of Ethan for the summer and brought him to Utah as an act, not of love, but of hate.

"So she could hurt Joe," Jones explained. "She knew the only way she could hurt Joe was by getting Ethan."

Jones said Stephanie recently tired to restart the friendship. Then three nights before Stephanie and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones said Stephanie left a series of frantic voice messages.

"She left crying, messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He just wants mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,'" Jones said.

The final message, she now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

"It was absolutely hysterical, sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," Jones said. "if I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out."

Now, Jones wishes she'd called Ethan's dad or the police.

"I actually feel terrible, and I have tremendous guilt," she said.

Jones said the death penalty would be too good for her former friend and her new husband. She'd like to see Nathan and Stephanie Sloop locked up for life, surrounded by pictures to remind them of what they did.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 09:18:58 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700033363/They-need-to-pay-for-taking-my-son-away-Ethan-Stacys-father-says.html

'They need to pay for taking my son away,' Ethan Stacy's father says

Hometown mourns during service

GRUNDY, Va. — A town in mourning turned out Tuesday night to pay their respects to Ethan Stacy.

"It's a hard time. We loved little Ethan," said Marshall Osborne, a longtime friend of Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, and one of the pallbearers for Ethan's funeral.

A funeral service will be held this afternoon for Ethan, followed by a procession from the funeral home in Grundy, Va., to the Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery in Richlands, Va., about 30 miles away.

Stacy was a man who looked in deep despair Tuesday over the tragic loss of his son. As he recalled fond memories of Ethan while wiping back tears, he also called for justice to be served.

"They need to pay for taking my son away," he said.

A church service was held Tuesday night for 4-year-old Ethan on the eve of his funeral. While hardly anyone in Utah knew Ethan in life, he has touched the lives of people in Utah and across the nation following his brutal death, allegedly at the hands of his mother, Stephanie Sloop, and her newlywed husband, Nathan Sloop.

The Sloops remained in the Davis County Jail on Tuesday, pending possible aggravated murder charges.

Stacy, who has been in constant contact with both Davis County prosecutors and victim advocates in Utah, said if they can file aggravated murder charges, he expects they will seek the death penalty against his ex-wife and her husband.

He said he is OK with prosecutors needing additional time before filing official charges.

"I don't want any mistakes made at all. Nothing. I don't want them coming out of this in any type of way," he said.

The focus Tuesday, however, was on Ethan and not the couple accused in his death.

Stacy recalled how his son was a quick learner.

"I could show him how to do something, he'd pick it up just like that," he told the Deseret News Tuesday. "He's just a very intelligent boy."

Stacy recalled how his son was "a great boy," how he loved to go to the playground and how most recently he had developed a strong liking for PlayStation video games.

"He'd stay glued to it all day if I let him," Stacy said.

The father fought back tears and sometimes just let them flow as he recalled happy moments with his son. He recounted these stories while standing in the Grundy Funeral Home's chapel. As he spoke of Ethan's short life, just 20 yards behind him rested a small, dark gray coffin surrounded by flowers and teddy bears.

Ethan Jonathan David Stacy's obituary listed May 11 as his day of death. That was the day Layton police and the Weber County Sheriff's Office found his body buried in a remote area near Powder Mountain.

*there's 3 more pages at the link*

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 09:19:28 AM »

Ethan had obvious injuries in that photo! I am at a loss of words..that poor child!

I wish that the egg donors former friend would have called the father or the police...I can imagine the guilt that she is feeling...

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »

I guess the photo above is Nathan's bruised face. I had hoped he was pouting, or something, anything!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700033368/Ethan-Stacy-photo-part-of-case.html

Photo of Ethan Stacy part of investigation, police say

SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI has now entered the investigation into the death of Ethan Stacy, partly because of its expertise in examining electronic evidence, which could provide valuable clues in the timeline of violence that led to the boy's death.

One of the photos the FBI is investigating is one that was posted on Stephanie Sloop's Facebook page.

The Layton Police Department says it is aware of a Facebook photo that has created a lot of buzz in the case. The lieutenant who KSL News spoke to would not go into details, but he said it's definitely part of the investigation.

The photo is a picture of 4-year-old Ethan playing video games like any other child. However, in this photo, his face is swollen and bruised, and he's sitting with the man accused of killing him: his stepfather, Nathan Sloop.

"A picture says a thousand words. And if we can have a picture of something that someone did, a crime that someone committed, then it becomes a lot easier for us to understand the elements of that crime," says Dr. Brent Horn, assistant professor of criminal justice at Weber State University.

Horn says electronic data, like that picture, can be important in any case, especially when trying to figure out a timeline. But he says detectives and prosecutors must be careful how much weight they give the photo.

"To have just one very specific piece of evidence that you're relying your whole case on is kind of very dangerous ground to be on," Horn says.

To be fair, prosecutors are looking at the bigger picture by processing physical data from the burial site at Powder Mountain and forensic evidence at the Sloops' apartment in Layton. But since there is so much electronic data in this case, the FBI was called in because of its specialized laboratory.

The agency only has 16 of these labs across the country, and one happens to be in Salt Lake City.

"In any case where you might have audio, video or other kinds of digital evidence, the regional computer forensic lab would be a great resource," Horn says.

Horn says there is always a possibility that people will manipulate electronic data by using programs like Photoshop. However, he says, these forensic scientists are highly trained to tell the difference between what's real and what's fake.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:49 AM »

why would she post that photo on facebook??? why indeed...so that Ethan's father might see it? let him see ahead of time what was in store for little Ethan? twisted minds do weird things.  gives me shivers to think about it all..but by the time the photo was printed and Ethan's father could get to him, it would be too late.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryID=1261143

This is what drugs can do to you:

Before:

After:

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:44:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Justice-march-for-Ethan-Stacy/EOew2uuamEKwFHdgHp1mNw.cspx

Justice march for Ethan Stacy

Reported by: Noah Bond
Email: nbond@abc4.com
Last Update: 5/22 11:29 pm

DAVIS COUNTY, Utah - (ABC 4 News) - Public support for a 4-year-old boy beaten to death is growing.  Organizers expected 400 marchers to walk for Ethan Stacy in Davis County. The crowd was much larger. Some estimates put the crowd at between 500 and 800.

The march started outside the Layton apartment he called home at 1425 North 586 West.  It twisted for more than 10 miles to the Davis County Jail.

Reaction to Ethan's murder during the march was explosive because of the way he died.  The State of Utah released confessions from Ethan's mother Stephanie Sloop and stepfather Nate Sloop.  They told police about their roll in Ethan's death.  Stephanie said she decided not to get Ethan medical help because she did not want to get in trouble.

Most of the people at the march were mothers.  "I've got little kids of my own and I don't know how any mother could ever let anything like this happen to any of their children, just to stand-by and watch," said Helena Jones from Ogden.

"It happened in out back yard.  It just kind of shows you it can happen anywhere," said Clearfield man Tyler Mace.

April Hasna is also marching.  She is from Grundy, Virginia where Ethan was buried earlier this week.  She is walking to support her friends grieving in her hometown.  "It's felt at the heart of Grundy, but I think it's felt all over the country.  I think everybody is coming together not only in Grundy, but everywhere," she said.

Many of the marchers are mourning as if Ethan was their own.  As they hiked they though about how his life will change their own.  "Maybe spend a little more time together. Not get so angry so easy.  Try to let things slid a little more.  Just try to be a better family," said Jones.

The state of Utah is expected to charge Stephanie and Nate May 29.

More than 13,000 people have joined the Facebook page "Justice For Ethan."  Ethan Stacy's supporters are organizers more marches on Facebook.
Copyright 2010 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-pg-ethan-stacy,0,3621604.photogallery

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »

Justice walks were held Saturday and Sunday in Utah.

Ethan's case archive album includes pics of both days:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ethan%20Stacy/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »

Justice walks were held Saturday and Sunday in Utah.

Ethan's case archive album includes pics of both days:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ethan%20Stacy/

Thank you AmandaReckonwith.  I really appreciate the time and effort you spend  fixing pics and albums  in the  Missing and Exploited Forum.     an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »

Amanda..thanks for the photos ...you do a wonderful job..

this little boy, being beaten up by a grown man. just disgusting and cruel.  I can't wrap my brain around something like this.

I hope that other parents who have to give their children to an ex that they feel is unstable or otherwise,  will call the police for a welfare check if the ex won't let the custodial parent speak with their child on the phone.  If the police would have been called, perhaps they would have gone over there and seen the abuse on little one's face and taken him out of that home before he died.. Not bashing the father in this case, just letting this be another thing to watch for in case another parent has to share custody with an unstable other parent..Or even an unstable custodial parent! Danger signs if the child can not be reached..jmo...
My heart goes out to this father ...it seems that he tried to do everything right in protecting his little son from his egg donor.  The "law" needs to answer for letting this child go from a loving home to the hell that he was sent to! I am angry...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Charges-expected-to-be-filed-in-killing-of-Ethan/YU1je5xlE0SXdPhIU9W0XQ.cspx

Charges expected to be filed in killing of Ethan Stacy
   Reported by: Brian Carlson
Email: brian.carlson@abc4.com
Last Update: 5:44 am

LAYTON, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Davis County prosecutors are expected to file charges Friday against Ethan Stacy's mother and step-father, the two are believed to be responsible for the little boy’s death.

According to the latest reports, prosecutors are likely to charge both Ethan's mother Stephanie Sloop and Ethan's step-father Nathan Sloop with aggravated murder. They're still waiting for the medical examiner to determine an official cause of death but, right now authorities claim Nathan Sloop beat Ethan for days then used a hammer to disfigure his face.

Meanwhile over the weekend, hundreds of people in Davis County marched over 10 miles to show their support for young Ethan, and to persuade prosecutors to seek justice against the sloops.

“I've got little kids of my own and I don't know how any mother could ever let anything like this happen,” said Helena Jones, Ogden resident.

Supporters marched from the apartment complex where Ethan is believed to have died to the Davis County jail where his mother is being held.

Over 400 people participated in the march. More than 13,000 have joined the Facebook page “Justice for Ethan.” Organizers of the page are planning more marches for Ethan in the future.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »

thanks Klaas...isn't this the saddest thing ever??? poor little guy...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 07:27:41 PM »

Stephanie Sloop responds to TV station letter about her son Ethan Stacy’s death (photos)
May 27, 3:09 PM
Thursday, ABC 4 news reported that they received a response from their letter to Stephanie Sloop, Ethan Stacy’s mother who is accused of being responsible for murdering her own son. Stephanie Sloop has been sitting in the Davis County Jail in Layton, Utah awaiting murder charges. On the back of the letter from ABC4 Stephanie Sloop wrote:

"HA, HA, HA, I've invoked my right to remain silent or didn't my attorney already say that?"

She wrote the sentence in pencil in large letters and returned it in the self addressed envelope that ABC4 included. The short note is sarcastic and not at all remorseful.

Amazingly, this right to remain silent comes less than two weeks after either her or husband, Nathan Sloop told the police where they could find 4-year-old Ethan’s body.

To see a slideshow of photos of Ethan, his mother and stepfather and the news of his case, click here.

4-year-old Ethan Stacy’s body was found last week after his mother and stepfather confessed to where the body could be found. His body was found about 40 miles from Salt Lake City, Utah near the Powder Mountain ski resort. Authorities reported that Ethan was severely abused for four days before he died.

Utah prosecutors are investigating the possibility of asking for the death penalty for Ethan Stacy’s death with a new law. For more information about that, click here.

Charges are expected to be filed by Friday against Ethan’s mother, Stephanie Sloop, and step father, Nathan Sloop.

Tens of thousands of sad and angry comments have been left on websites from people around the country who are angry about Ethan Stacy’s death. To read some of those comments, click here.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-19632-Salt-Lake-City-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d15-Ethan-Stacys-death-has-people-around-the-country-angry-and-outraged-photos-and-videos

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt-Lake-City-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m5d27-Stephanie-Sloop-responds-to-TV-station-letter-about-her-son-Ethan-Stacys-death-photos

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »

Tomorrow there will be a lot of news coming out. I'm dreading knowing more.

TY all for the kind words about the albums.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.