March 29, 2024, 04:14:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethan Stacy, 4yr old, found dead  (Read 83077 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2010, 05:20:12 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Jailhouse-Letters-from-accused-killer-Stephanie/P5MEKNUuTU-NLueRRuoFLg.cspx
(with video at link)
Jailhouse Letters from accused killer: Stephanie Sloop
November 1, 2010

DAVIS COUNTY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - "If I could trade places with Ethan...I would," words written to ABC4 News from a mother accused of killing her own child.

It came as a letter addressed to ABC4's Kelli O'Hara from none other than accused killer, Stephanie Sloop. For six months, Sloop has been sitting in a Davis County Jail without bond. Stephanie and her husband, Nathan, are accused of beating, torturing then killing her 4-year-old son Ethan Stacy while he visited Utah during his summer vacation.

For months, Sloop has been silent in court and silent in the press... until now. In a series of letters, Sloop reveals to ABC4 what, she says, really happened those days leading up to Ethan's death.

The story begins on the early morning hours of May 11th, Stephanie and her newlywed husband Nathan called 911 to report Ethan missing. The couple told police the child had a habit of wandering but hours later that story proved to be false.

Ethan's burnt and disfigured body was found buried in the woods near Powder Mountain, the newlyweds admitted to parts of the crime.

In her letters, Stephanie talks about Ethan's death, "I had no idea about the hammer, I wasn't there when Nate buried my son. I was in the car and Nate never told me he was burning Ethan. He said he wanted the fluid for the grill when he got home."
Stephanie also addresses the circumstances leading up to her son'sdeath, "He never showed signs of being sick but he died of pneumonia and Nate giving him Xanax. Nate already admitted to abuse when I wasn't  there."

She continues, "It's obvious that they haven't released the medical examiner's report yet but Ethan's death was ruled ACCIDENTAL, that go public with."

Stephanie also reveals in her letters what her life is like behind bars. “Sleeping…the only thing I will say is that I wake up screaming, sweating and crying." The 29-year-old woman lives in isolation, only let out for an hour a day.

She reveals she reads the bible and other books for comfort and is well away of the media attention she has garnered, "My heart is broken and because of the negative media, I am branded a horrible person."

And in all of her letters, Stephanie appears remorseful "If I could trade places with Ethan I would…I loved my son more than life, he was mommy’s little man, he was so smart and happy…the reason I woke up, the reason for breath," and Sloop finally adds that "life isn’t worth it, without him."
ABC4 reached out to Ethan's father Joe Stacy for comment and he tells a different story, "Stephanie is a bad pathological liar… If she wanted to trade place with Ethan, she should have. Stephanie knew that Ethan needed medical attention but didn’t do anything about it.”

Preliminary trials for both Nathan and Stephanie Sloop are slated for February, Joe Stacy says he plans on being there

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »

Oh MISS SLOOP, you are wrong! It is not because of the negative media that you have been "branded a horrible person". It is because of what you and your POS HUSBAND have done to YOUR SON! What planet are you LIVING ON?

And where was the desire to trade places with Ethan BEFORE you KILLED HIM? If Ethan was "mommy’s little man", why didn't you protect him from this PIG that you MARRIED?!?!

I'm so glad to hear you say "life isn’t worth it, without him" and I hope you are reminded of this statement when they put that needle in your arm!

"Never showed signs of being sick yet died from pneumonia". BS. I had pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for 4 days, and believe me, I knew I was sick!  Notice that the "series of  letters" were written to the news station and not given to LE.

I hate this woman and her POS husband too! 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »

Oh MISS SLOOP, you are wrong! It is not because of the negative media that you have been "branded a horrible person". It is because of what you and your POS HUSBAND have done to YOUR SON! What planet are you LIVING ON?

And where was the desire to trade places with Ethan BEFORE you KILLED HIM? If Ethan was "mommy’s little man", why didn't you protect him from this PIG that you MARRIED?!?!

I'm so glad to hear you say "life isn’t worth it, without him" and I hope you are reminded of this statement when they put that needle in your arm!

"Never showed signs of being sick yet died from pneumonia". BS. I had pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for 4 days, and believe me, I knew I was sick!  Notice that the "series of  letters" were written to the news station and not given to LE.

I hate this woman and her POS husband too! 

Giz, I agree . . . of course it was someone else's fault . . . I would be surprised if she doesn't end up blaming Ethan's father, Joe.  My continued prayers for Mr. Stacy and all who loved Ethan.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2010, 07:50:13 AM »

Mr. Stacy -- I continue to pray for you.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »

Janet - I think I deleted on of your front page posts by accident that pertained to this case.  I was trying to delete a spam post and clicked on yours by mistake.

I'm sorry.

This poor baby, I cannot imagine the hell he went through.  His mother and his stepfather should be thrown to the wolves.  Execution is too good for monsters like them.

I agree.

Is must be drugs.  These two are both lacking a conscience.  Most mothers would risk their own lives in an attempt to save their children from harm.

Janet

We are all going to hear that he was abused as a child, it was the drugs that made him do it, she was afraid of him and it is all blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada and I don't give a damn, (sorry sister). Everyone has choices, we all come to a fork in the road and we choose to do right or wrong. These two monsters choose to abuse this boy to death. The "mother" was afraid he would hurt her so she allowed him to hurt her son. What a POS. Throw her into a wolves den and let them at her.

I agree Tracygirl - there is no punishment severe enough for these animals - this so reminds me of the Dominick Calhoun here in Michigan. When will women that gave birth going to learn that men are replaceable - children are not.

Dominick's story made #1 headlines for 2010 in Livingston County MI. The offender, Brandon Joshua-Frederick Hayes, has a prior criminal history
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=570664  It doesn't appear that he is incarcerated at the moment ??  Mother Corinne is incarcerated ??
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=706127

No. 1
A former Livingston County man's anger, a family's inaction and neighbors who ignored a cry for help arguably led to the death of a 4-year-old boy in April. People grieved for Dominick Calhoun, whom Genesee County police say was beaten for days at the hands of his mother's boyfriend, Brandon Joshua-Frederick Hayes, at their apartment in Argentine Township. Authorities say the mother, Corrine Baker, also formerly of Livingston County, acted too little too late to help her son. Hayes and Baker face criminal charges.
http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20110102/LIFESTYLE/101020328/Ten-stories-that-touched-lives-in-2010
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:11:56 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »

My prayers were with you and your family during Christmas Mr. Stacey.  I am praying for a peace that passes all understanding for you and yours.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »

My prayers were with you and your family during Christmas Mr. Stacey.  I am praying for a peace that passes all understanding for you and yours.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Ethan

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2011, 05:42:04 AM »

http://www.standard.net/topics/ethan-stacy/2011/01/28/new-evidence-delays-sloop-case#

New evidence delays Sloop case
By Jasen Asay
Standard-Examiner Davis Bureau
Last updatedFriday, January 28, 2011 - 12:10pm
FARMINGTON — Two new sources of evidence against Nathan Sloop have caused his preliminary hearing to be cancelled.

Sloop, and his wife Stephanie, are each charged with aggravated murder, second-degree felony child abuse, second-degree felony obstruction of justice and third-degree felony abuse or desecration of a body in connection with the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:19 AM »

http://www.standard.net/topics/courts/2011/01/31/stephanie-sloop-waives-right-speedy-trial#

Stephanie Sloop waives right to speedy trial
By Jasen Asay
Last updatedTuesday, February 1, 2011 - 12:18am

FARMINGTON -- While attorneys on both sides are still silent regarding the two new pieces of evidence against Nathanael Sloop, it is safe to say that one of those pieces of evidence also deals directly with Stephanie Sloop.

Stephanie Sloop appeared in court Monday and waived her right to a speedy trial.
 ::snipping2::
He said the prosecution is still planning to seek the death penalty for both Nathanael and Stephanie Sloop.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2011, 05:50:53 AM »

http://www.standard.net/topics/courts/2011/01/31/stephanie-sloop-waives-right-speedy-trial#

Stephanie Sloop waives right to speedy trial
By Jasen Asay
Last updatedTuesday, February 1, 2011 - 12:18am

FARMINGTON -- While attorneys on both sides are still silent regarding the two new pieces of evidence against Nathanael Sloop, it is safe to say that one of those pieces of evidence also deals directly with Stephanie Sloop.
Davis County District Attorney Troy Rawlings told Allphin he wants it on the record that one of those pieces of evidence "directly impacts what would be admissible at Mrs. Sloop's case."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2011, 05:59:17 AM »

Ethan Stacy 4, Layton, Utah
Reported Missing, Found Deceased R.I.P.

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Ethan, may he rest in peace.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »

Bumped

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=14773240
Nathan Sloop attorneys seek to close hearing from public
March 17, 2011

BOUNTIFUL — Attorneys for a man accused of brutally beating and killing his stepson claim that items have been taken from the man's jail cell — and they are seeking to keep that information out of court.

Nathan Sloop's attorney, Richard Mauro, told 2nd District Judge Glen Dawson that there are two items of evidence he feels should not be used in any court proceeding. In addition to the items that were allegedly taken from Sloop's cell by Davis County sheriff's officials, Mauro said prosecutors are trying to subpoena records involving Sloop's interaction with a therapist.

Admitting such evidence would violate Sloop's constitutional right to reasonable search and seizure and jeopardize his privileges involving the client-attorney and patient-doctor relationships, Mauro said.
But Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said prosecutors aren't seeking to do anything illegal or procure information that is privileged.

"It's our intention that in both cases, with both defendants, that all the evidence that has or will be obtained will be done lawfully," he said.

David Cole, who heads up the criminal division of the Davis County Attorney's Office, said, "We're not seeking to know anything more than we know at this point."
Defense attorneys had asked the court to close the hearings to the public and press and seal all documents relating to the evidence. Nathan Sloop's attorneys filed a motion in February arguing that detailing what is in the evidence may be prejudicial to their client.

"The identification of these issues with more specificity will jeopardize Mr. Sloop's due process rights and right to a fair trial, and exposure of the issues in a public hearing will undermine the very privileges that Mr. Sloop seeks to protect," the motion states.

Dawson decided to hold a hearing on the patient-doctor privilege issue and the potential subpoena of medical records on April 21. The hearing will be public, but any specifics within the evidence in question will be heard privately by the judge.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/ethan-stacy-update-evidence-hearing-murdered-boy-case-will-be-open-to-public
Ethan Stacy update: Evidence hearing in murdered boy case will be open to public
March 21, 2011

Bountiful, Utah - On Monday, it was announced that an evidence admissibility hearing to take place next month in the Ethan Stacy case, will be open to the public.

On April 21, a court hearing for the slain boy’s mother, Stephanie Sloop, and her new husband, Nathan Sloop regarding two items of evidence, will be heard in a public forum.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/12622338/article-Private-sports-collection-to-be-auctioned-for-FCC?instance=secondary_stories_left_column
Private sports collection to be auctioned for FCC
April 4, 2011

On April 9, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sierra’s baseball jersey and a basketball autographed by Ainge will be part of a 30-year sports memorabilia collection to be auctioned off at Boondocks Fun Center, Inc., 525 S. Deseret Dr., Kaysville. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Family Connection centers in Clearfield, Layton and Bountiful.
Also up for silent auction are autographed baseball bats, signed baseballs and photographs, football and basketball memorabilia most of which can be previewed at fundraiseutah. blogspot.com.

The donor of this impressive collection wishes to remain anonymous, but was willing to be interviewed to further the cause for which he has developed a passion.
“Three children tragically died, were murdered, in Davis County last year,” said the donor. “Ethan Stacy lived less than one mile from the Clearfield emergency respite nursery. He could have been dropped off for up to three days, no questions asked, and he would have been safe.”
The family-friendly event held in the conference room at Boondocks is free to the public with informational videos and booths and free activities for children to earn their own “auction dollars.” Boondocks is also donating $1 from the sale of each pizza meal ordered and $2 from each Boondocks activity pass pre-purchased at an additional $5 discount from the Family Connection Center.

To pre-buy tickets please contact angela@familyconnection4u.org or call 801-773-0712 or visit the Clearfield FCC located at 1360 E. 1450 South.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2011, 10:09:20 PM »

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/12655385/article-%E2%80%98Safe-at-Home%E2%80%99-event-will-raise-awareness-?instance=secondary_stories_left_column
‘Safe at Home’ event will raise awareness
April 6, 2011

“Ethan Stacy’s death (May 2010) and James and Jean Warhola (Sept. 2010) are definitely the catalyst behind this fund-raiser event,” said Ward. “I talk to so many people on a daily basis who have no idea that there are resources out there to help manage family crisis, including an emergency respite nursery for infants to kids age 12 for up to three days care.

“If people knew there was parenting help out there, individual in-home parenting counseling to help in relationship building, teaching parents to watch for developmental milestones and how to respond to a child’s needs, we could reduce the number of tragedies in our community.”

More information is available online at fundraiserutah.blogspot.com or call 801-773-0712. For information on community and family services offered by FCC go to familyconnection4u. org.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/12655385/article-%E2%80%98Safe-at-Home%E2%80%99-event-will-raise-awareness-?instance=secondary_stories_left_column
April 6, 2011

“Ethan Stacy’s death (May 2010) and James and Jean Warhola (Sept. 2010) are definitely the catalyst behind this fund-raiser event,” said Ward. “I talk to so many people on a daily basis who have no idea that there are resources out there to help manage family crisis, including an emergency respite nursery for infants to kids age 12 for up to three days care.

“If people knew there was parenting help out there, individual in-home parenting counseling to help in relationship building, teaching parents to watch for developmental milestones and how to respond to a child’s needs, we could reduce the number of tragedies in our community.”

More information is available online at fundraiserutah.blogspot.com or call 801-773-0712. For information on community and family services offered by FCC go to familyconnection4u. org.

I agree that most people are not aware of resources that are out there...although I feel that in most of these awful cases, the parents are not concerned enough about their child to seek these resources...jmo..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:04 PM »

April 6, 2011

I agree that most people are not aware of resources that are out there...although I feel that in most of these awful cases, the parents are not concerned enough about their child to seek these resources...jmo..

BBM

Sadly, my thoughts were the same when I first read the article, Cookie.  Although there may be some parents that would realize they need help, the ones like the Sloops aren't interested in their child/children in the first place. The kind of abuse Ethan endured before his death wasn't from stressed out parents and etc.  It's not like the Sloops needed an (up to) three day respite. Ethan was abused day after day in horrible ways.  The resources wouldn't have helped Ethan in this case, I'm sorry to say.  Why couldn't the Sloops have returned Ethan to his daddy?  Poor little boy.  It was so hard reading this thread again.  And Ethan's Daddy has to live with knowing about what happened to his son for the rest of his life.  That's a heavy burden.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Ethan.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Ethan.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.