March 28, 2024, 12:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethan Stacy, 4yr old, found dead  (Read 83043 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/12655385/article-%E2%80%98Safe-at-Home%E2%80%99-event-will-raise-awareness-?instance=secondary_stories_left_column
‘Safe at Home’ event will raise awareness
April 6, 2011

::snipping2::
“Ethan Stacy’s death (May 2010) and James and Jean Warhola (Sept. 2010) are definitely the catalyst behind this fund-raiser event,” said Ward. “I talk to so many people on a daily basis who have no idea that there are resources out there to help manage family crisis, including an emergency respite nursery for infants to kids age 12 for up to three days care.

“If people knew there was parenting help out there, individual in-home parenting counseling to help in relationship building, teaching parents to watch for developmental milestones and how to respond to a child’s needs, we could reduce the number of tragedies in our community.”

More information is available online at fundraiserutah.blogspot.com or call 801-773-0712. For information on community and family services offered by FCC go to familyconnection4u. org.

I agree that most people are not aware of resources that are out there...although I feel that in most of these awful cases, the parents are not concerned enough about their child to seek these resources...jmo..

BBM

Sadly, my thoughts were the same when I first read the article, Cookie.  Although there may be some parents that would realize they need help, the ones like the Sloops aren't interested in their child/children in the first place. The kind of abuse Ethan endured before his death wasn't from stressed out parents and etc.  It's not like the Sloops needed an (up to) three day respite. Ethan was abused day after day in horrible ways.  The resources wouldn't have helped Ethan in this case, I'm sorry to say.  Why couldn't the Sloops have returned Ethan to his daddy?  Poor little boy.  It was so hard reading this thread again.  And Ethan's Daddy has to live with knowing about what happened to his son for the rest of his life.  That's a heavy burden.   

an angelic monkey

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2011, 07:34:47 AM »

Every day I say prayers for Mr. Stacy.  I can only imagine the torture and anger he must be feeling.  May God have mercy on him.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/52780601-78/sloop-evidence-ethan-stacy.html.csp
Hearings delayed for alleged killers of Ethan Stacy

By Aaron Falk

The Salt Lake Tribune

First published Oct 25 2011 11:52AM
Updated Oct 25, 2011 11:25PM
Farmington • Preliminary hearings for Nathan and Stephanie Sloop, originally set to begin Monday, have been continued until next spring so attorneys can wade through the case’s voluminous evidence.

During a Tuesday hearing in 2nd District Court, defense attorneys for the couple accused of killing 4-year-old Ethan Stacy said they were still examining the 16,482 written pages and 412 multimedia discs prosecutors had provided them, even as new evidence has become available.

"Some of the things have been evaluated and looked at before ... but there is some new technology available that necessitated further evaluation of some of the physical evidence," said Davis County Attorney Tory Rawlings. "The new evaluation efforts have yielded fruit."

Both Rawlings and Stephanie Sloop’s defense attorney, Mary Corporon, declined to discuss what new evidence had been discovered.

A five-day preliminary hearing for Nathan Sloop, who was Ethan Stacy’s stepfather, was scheduled to begin Monday, but instead was delayed until March 19. A preliminary hearing for the boy’s mother, Stephanie Sloop, will begin sometime after that.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700032192/History-of-abuse-emerges-in-Ethan-Stacy-case.html

Judge Maura T. Smith

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129287943752028&v=wall
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remove-Judge-Maura-T-Smith-of-the-Ninth-Judicial-Circut-Court-of-Florida/123572327661937?sk=wall
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removejudgemauratsmith/signatures

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2011/08/scott-names-female-attorney-as-9th-circuit-judge.html
Schreiber will replace Circuit Judge Judge Maura T. Smith, who resigned.

Seems the Judge decided to retire.  I hope she has had the decency to apologize to Ethan's father for sentencing Ethan to death.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »

KittyMom, I doubt she will apologize . . . I hope I'm wrong.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »

Every day I say prayers for Mr. Stacy.  I can only imagine the torture and anger he must be feeling.  May God have mercy on him.
Still in my prayers.  March can't come soon enough.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »

Still in my prayers.  March can't come soon enough.
Happy Valentine's Day little man.
You are not forgotten!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »

According to this March 2012 article, the hearing is now May 22nd.
http://fox13now.com/2012/03/20/nathan-sloop-waives-hearing-in-ethan-stacy-murder-case/

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/richlands-va/T3Q2EKUBA44078LK9

Hope this comes out right.  I think of this little man all the time and his Daddy too.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »

POS Sloop has hearing today!
Hope this works!
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24560494&nid=148&title=nathan-sloop-preliminary-hearing-underway-in-murder-of-stepson&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-14

The couple allegedly buried the body — wrapped in garbage bags and tape — near Powder Mountain in Weber County. Sloop attempted to disfigure Ethan's face using a hammer, reports state.

They have said some of the bruises and injuries on Ethan's body weren't evidence of torture, but normal activity of a 4-year old boy.

They have said Nathan and Stephanie Sloop were giving Ethan over the counter medications because he was sick. They say that medication dehydrated Ethan.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576852/Witnesses-describe-ugly-abuse-before-4-year-olds-death.html?pg=all
Nathan Sloop's own words describe ugly abuse before 4-year-old's death

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News

Published: Wednesday, March 27 2013 7:12 p.m. MDT

FARMINGTON — Nathan Sloop and his new wife, Stephanie, believed they needed to "break" her 4-year-old son, Ethan Stacy.

The discussion was part of a series of disturbing text messages between the couple that was read in 2nd District Court Wednesday during the first day of a three-day preliminary hearing for Nathan Sloop, 34. Both face capital murder and other charges in the boy's death.

"I told you we had a pit bull on our hands, but they learn," Nathan Sloop messaged Stephanie Sloop on May 3, 2010.

"Just like Mommy LOL," she replied.

"I told you we had to break his ego," Nathan Sloop said.

Later, on May 5: "He is broke that's for sure," Nathan Sloop wrote. "We got to figure out how to keep him in his room." 

Six days later, the boy's body was found buried in the mountains of Weber County.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2013, 03:26:56 AM »

Should Nathan Sloop face the death penalty?
Shelby’s Law » Defense claims Sloop not eligible for execution since he never intended to kill his stepson.
By jessica miller
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Apr 19 2013 06:58 pm • Last Updated Apr 19 2013 11:37 pm

Farmington • Should Nathan Sloop be eligible for the death penalty if he never intended to kill his 4-year-old stepson Ethan Stacy?
Prosecutors have framed Sloop’s charges based on "Shelby’s Law," a 2007 amendment to Utah’s homicide statute which allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty without having to prove a killing was intentional when a child dies during an act ofabuse, sexual assault or kidnapping.
Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings would not comment about Sloop’s case and Shelby’s Law, which was named after 10-year-old Shelby Andrews who died in 2006 in Syracuse after a year of abuse at the hands of her parents.
http://**/sltrib/news/56184332-78/sloop-death-ethan-law.html.csp

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576852/Witnesses-describe-ugly-abuse-before-4-year-olds-death.html?pg=all
Nathan Sloop's own words describe ugly abuse before 4-year-old's death

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News

Published: Wednesday, March 27 2013 7:12 p.m. MDT

FARMINGTON — Nathan Sloop and his new wife, Stephanie, believed they needed to "break" her 4-year-old son, Ethan Stacy.

The discussion was part of a series of disturbing text messages between the couple that was read in 2nd District Court Wednesday during the first day of a three-day preliminary hearing for Nathan Sloop, 34. Both face capital murder and other charges in the boy's death.

"I told you we had a pit bull on our hands, but they learn," Nathan Sloop messaged Stephanie Sloop on May 3, 2010.

"Just like Mommy LOL," she replied.

"I told you we had to break his ego," Nathan Sloop said.

Later, on May 5: "He is broke that's for sure," Nathan Sloop wrote. "We got to figure out how to keep him in his room." 

Six days later, the boy's body was found buried in the mountains of Weber County.

Nathan Sloop, who led officers to the body on May 11, told police he used a hammer to disfigure the boy's face and teeth in an effort to hinder identification. Sloop also sprinkled dog food on the boy's unmarked grave, according to prosecutors.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »

Judge: Death penalty possible for Sloop

Loretta Park    Standard-Examiner

Last updated Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 3:04pm

FARMINGTON  —  A  judge ruled Thursday that the death penalty is still on the table for Nathan Sloop, who is charged with capital murder in the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »

Sloop lawyers challenging legality of Shelby’s Law

Loretta Park    Standard-Examiner

Last updated Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 11:34pm

FARMINGTON — Defense attorneys for Nathan Sloop filed a motion challenging the legality of Shelby’s Law.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03:58 AM »

**/sltrib/news/56725412-78/sloop-death-ethan-2010.html.csp
Nathan Sloop pleads not guilty to murdering Ethan Stacy

Courts » Prosecutors push for death penalty in killing of stepson, 4.

By Kimball Bennion

First Published Aug 13 2013 04:29 pm • Last Updated Aug 13 2013 10:38 pm

Farmington •After more than three years of delays, Nathan Sloop, the man accused of contributing to his stepson’s death and disfiguring the boy’s body after filing a false missing child report, will have his day in court.

Sloop, 34, will be tried on March 17 of next year for the 2010 death of his 4-year-old stepson Ethan Stacy.

He pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to felony counts of aggravated murder, intentionally inflicting serious injury on a child, obstructing justice and abuse or desecration of a human body.

Shackled and dressed in a county jail jumpsuit, Sloop slowly scanned the courtroom’s gallery as he said his name aloud for the court record. When entering his plea to the charges, he loudly and emphatically pronounced each syllable of his words: "Not guilty."

Prosecutors, meanwhile, are arguing that Sloop should be eligible for the death penalty in Ethan’s death. While Sloop’s attorneys argue that Sloop never intended to kill the child, the Davis County Attorney’s office has invoked Shelby’s Law, which allows prosecutors to seek the death penalty without having to prove a killing was intentional when a child dies during an act of abuse. Sloop’s attorney, Richard Mauro, has argued that Shelby’s Law, a 2007 amendment to Utah’s homicide statute, is unconstitutional.

"We’ll continue to look at whether or not that law applies, whether its constitutional," Mauro told reporters after the hearing. "He shouldn’t get the death penalty because he didn’t commit an intentional killing."

Sloop’s wife and Ethan’s mother, Stephanie Sloop, 30, faces essentially the same charges in her son’s death. A preliminary hearing in her case has been set for December.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Ethan

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/11/18/stephanie-sloops-attorney-files-motion-delay-another-hearing

Stephanie Sloop's attorney files motion to delay another hearing
By Loretta Park, Standard-Examiner staff
Mon, 11/18/2013 - 7:23pm

FARMINGTON -- The defense attorney for Stephanie Sloop filed a motion asking to continue a four-day preliminary hearing.

Mary Corporon filed the motion Nov. 7 in 2nd District Court.

A four-day preliminary hearing was set to run from Dec. 10 to Dec. 13.

She has requested the judge to set a status conference for Jan. 28.

Stephanie Sloop, 28, and her husband, Nathanael Warren Sloop, 32, are each charged with aggravated murder, second-degree felony child abuse, second-degree felony obstruction of justice and third-degree felony abuse or desecration of a body. The charges stem from the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy, Stephanie Sloop's son, on May 8, 2010. The murder charge carries a possible death sentence, for either Sloop convicted. Prosecutors have 60 days following a felony arraignment hearing to file their intent to seek the death penalty.

How much longer will Mr. Stacy have to wait for justice for his little man?  Only God knows!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »

Thank you for the update Sister.  It's time to get the justice train  for little Ethan back on track.  The Sloops need to face the consequences.  We're waiting for justice for Ethan.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2014, 10:12:47 AM »

March 17 can't come fast enough for this POS!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.