April 23, 2024, 07:52:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin Mosley, 16 with CP missing in Flint, Michigan(Found Deceased)  (Read 9243 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« on: September 23, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »

This is a sad story - the area is not good and the kid is disabled. Felt bad for the family when they were showing the video this morning. http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=7683129
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:16:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »

Sad ending to the case. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/family_says_body_of_16-year-ol.html

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »

Police find body of male at abandoned home on Garland and 10th, haven't identified yet
Published: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 7:55 PM     

FLINT, Michigan -- Flint Police found a body on the first floor of an abandoned home on Garland and 10th streets.

Family of Kevin Mosley, 16, believe they found his body in the home. Police have not identified the body yet.
Police said there was no sign of blunt force trauma.

The boy's brother, Carlos Sparks, said Kevin had been missing since last week. The boy had cerebral palsy, Sparks, 32, said.

"I kicked over every brush and turned over every rock on this side of town," he said.

Sparks said family members were checking abandoned homes and arrived at the home on Garland and 10th around 5 p.m.

Sparks said he smelled something and went into the home. He knew it was his brother by his hand.

"There ain't no way to describe out feelings," Sparks said, fighting back tears. "What do a person feel right now? Ain't none of this real right now." 
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/police_find_body_of_male_at_ab.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

I'm waiting for official word the remains found are in fact those of Kevin Mosley before I move the thread.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/autopsy_scheduled_today_for_ma.html
September 24, 2010

FLINT, Michigan — An autopsy is scheduled today for the man who was found dead in an abandoned home Thursday on Garland Street and 10th Avenue.

Police have labeled the death as suspicious. The cause of death is not yet known. Police said there was no sign of blunt force trauma.

Police haven't identified the man but family say it's 16-year-old Kevin Mosley, who had been missing since Sept. 16.

Anyone with information is asked to call Flint Police Sgt. Shawn Ellis at (810) 237-6919 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-422-JAIL.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/arson_suspected_in_house_where.html
Arson suspected in house where body was found, officials say
September 24, 2010

Ryan Garza/The Flint JournalFlint Fire crews at the scene of a house fire on Garland Street and 10th Avenue, the same house where a male was found dead on Thursday. The home is fully engulfed. Police have not identified the man found but family said it's the missing 16-year-boy Kevin Mosley.

FLINT, Michigan — Fire officials believe the abandoned house where a male was found dead on Thursday was intentionally set on fire Thursday morning.

"There's no Consumers Power, there's no electricity," said Flint Fire Battalion Chief Theresa Root. "You need something to start it."

It was more than 12 hours after a body was found in the home. Flint Police haven't identified the body but labeled the death as suspicious. Family members believe the body was 16-year-old Kevin Mosley, who had been missing since Sept. 16.

An autopsy will be performed today, according to police.

The house was destroyed.

Another suspected arson took place on Sept. 14 on Winthorp Avenue, days after a 26-year-old man was killed there.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=7687212
(video of house fire)
Fire burns house where body was found
September 24, 2010

FLINT (WJRT) -- (09/24/10) -- A body was discovered in an abandoned Flint house Thursday afternoon. Now that house has gone up in flames.

The call went out just before 10 this morning to the abandoned home near the corner of 10th Ave and Garland Street.  Family members believe the body found in that vacant home is that of missing teen Kevin Mosley.

Flint Police have not confirmed that yet.

A Flint police arson investigator says the fire was absolutely intentionally set.

The flames were intense this morning. Smoke could be seen for blocks and the heat could be felt from a block away.

"It was fully engulfed, and so we went defensive mode, which means we stand back and we protect the exposures. We watch it burn. There's no Consumers Power hooked up. There's no gas, so actually you need something to start it," Battalion Chief Theresa Root said.

The house was the scene of that suspicious death yesterday. Family members believe the victim was 16-year-old Kevin Mosley. The teen with cerebral palsy had been missing for more than a week.

Mosley's brother said he found the boy's body inside the abandoned home yesterday afternoon, saw his hand and knew it was him.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »

omg Muffy......just look at that photo above...omg

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »

omg Muffy......just look at that photo above...omg

Yes, I saw that pic in the article and that's why I posted it. My thoughts were the same.  It's believed the fire was arson.  Was it to cover up the scene of a crime?  Or did someone set it on fire out of pain and anger because the remains that were found were Kevin Mosley's?  Or is it a message to someone?  If someone did murder Kevin, why wait to set the house on fire AFTER his remains were found?  Something isn't making sense here imo. 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/09/arson_suspected_in_house_where.html
Arson suspected in house where body was found, officials say
September 24, 2010

Ryan Garza/The Flint JournalFlint Fire crews at the scene of a house fire on Garland Street and 10th Avenue, the same house where a male was found dead on Thursday. The home is fully engulfed. Police have not identified the man found but family said it's the missing 16-year-boy Kevin Mosley.

FLINT, Michigan — Fire officials believe the abandoned house where a male was found dead on Thursday was intentionally set on fire Thursday morning.

"There's no Consumers Power, there's no electricity," said Flint Fire Battalion Chief Theresa Root. "You need something to start it."

It was more than 12 hours after a body was found in the home. Flint Police haven't identified the body but labeled the death as suspicious. Family members believe the body was 16-year-old Kevin Mosley, who had been missing since Sept. 16.

An autopsy will be performed today, according to police.

The house was destroyed.

Another suspected arson took place on Sept. 14 on Winthorp Avenue, days after a 26-year-old man was killed there.
[/b]

What is going on here ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »

http://www.connectmidmichigan.com/news/story.aspx?id=517001
(Slide show at link)  
House fire where body was found ruled arson
September 25, 2010

FLINT -- Autopsy results of a body found dead at an abandoned home in Flint are expected to be released Monday.

Right now police are calling it a suspicious death.

A day later, the home the body was found at was intentionally set on fire.

NBC25 talked to nearby residents to find out more.

Smoke still hangs in the air on the corner of Garland and 10th in Flint.

Police say the vacant home that once stood here was set on fire shortly before 10 Friday morning.

Sha'Don Hutson says he was one of the first people at the scene.

"I smelt fire, so I looked out the window and saw the house down there was on fire,” said Sha’Don Hutson, who witnessed the fire.

Police say the house was possibly burned to cover up evidence of a dead body found at the house Thursday night.

"You know it's a terrible thing to have someone be found dead in your neighborhood," said neighbor Donnie Chaney.

Family members believe it's the body of 16-year-old Kevin Mosley who's been missing since September 16th.

However, police are not confirming that.

"I feel for the family, I know they are hurting for their loss, and I am hurting for them too," said Donnie Chaney.

Darryl Chaney lives next door to the crime scene and says he talked to Mosley’s brother before police arrived.

"Actually ran me off from over there and was like, what are you looking at? Did you see anything? And I was like, I had nothing to do with this," said Darryl Chaney.

Saturday, Chaney and people with the Odyssey House, a long-term residential treatment program, were cleaning up the neighborhood.

People from the Odyssey Homes say they own the property that this house once stood on; they say it's a blessing in disguise that the house burned down, because they are trying to revitalize the area.

“We are just sending a message that we are here, and we are going to continue to stay here, and we are going to make things better,” said Darryl Chaney.

But the crimes that have taken place in these people's backyards have left them feeling unsafe.

“Really scared and nervous, make sure all the windows and doors are locked at night,” said neighbor Brittany Coleman.

Residents say they won't rest well again until the suspects have been got.

Flint Police say the vacant house had already been searched for evidence before the fire was set, nothing was found.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/010/09/body_found_in_vacant_garland_s.html
Body found in vacant Garland Street home ruled homicide; Flint reaches 50th homicide
September 29, 2010

FLINT, Michigan — The body found in a vacant Garland Street home last week has been ruled a homicide, police say.

Flint now has 50 homicides. It marks just the third time since 1990 that Flint has reached the 50 homicide barrier, the others being in 2006 and 1990 (both 55).

The body was found Sept. 23 in an abandoned home on Garland Street and 10th Avenue. The next day, the house was burned down intentionally.

Police haven't yet identified the body, but should do so by later today. The cause of death has not been released.

Family of 16-year-old Kevin Mosley believe it was him that was found in the house. His brother, Carlos Sparks, found the body and identified it.

The city record for homicides is 61 set in 1986.

Anyone with information on the Garland homicide is asked to call Sgt. Shawn Ellis at 237-6919

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »

http://www.wnem.com/news/25223260/detail.html
(video)
Flint Leaders Ask For Help After 50th Homicide
Most Homicides Are Gang-, Drug-Relegated, Police Say

September 30, 2010

FLINT, Mich. -- A body found Sept. 23 in a home on Garland Street in Flint has been ruled a homicide, making it the 50th of the year.

As a result, Mayor Dayne Walling and Police Chief Alvern Lock held a press conference Wednesday evening to remind residents of an anonymous tip line residents can call to help investigators.

"There are many more law-abiding citizens in our community than there are killers," Walling said. "We can work together to make our streets and neighborhoods more safe."

Police said most of the homicides appear to be gang- and drug-related.

Walling also said a North Carolina city used similar measures and crime rates fell more than 40 percent.

The tip line number is 810-237-6812 and it been available for residents to use since mid-2009.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »

snipped from the above link

---------
not sounding good, deceased person, then fire arson
 sure hope no more turn up like that, almost sounds like a serial killer

even with out all the details, gang related, thinking no

very sad

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »

The arson does not surprise me. Flint has had a string of them in the last months. Everyday there is at least 2 or 3. The problem is that there are so many vacant homes that are owned by our local "Land Bank" and not maintained.

This poor kid was found by his brother who was going from abandoned home to abandoned home looking for him. He said he found him when he smelled a foul odor coming from the home. I have no doubt that this body will be that of Kevin. The arson is likely a targeted act to get rid of a death scene - no matter if it is foul play or not - the community is fed up with abandoned houses holding drug houses, prostitution, rapes, and murders. It is a sad scary place right now!

- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

We can move this to the missing found deceased. Sadly, the body was confirmed to by Kevin's. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/10/flint_police_identify_body_fou.html

- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »

We can move this to the missing found deceased. Sadly, the body was confirmed to by Kevin's. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/10/flint_police_identify_body_fou.html

Thank you for the update theboyzmom.  I'll move Kevin's thread to "Missing Found Deceased". 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.