March 29, 2024, 07:41:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marco Martinez 16, msg 4/5/10 Lakeland, FL(Remains Found)  (Read 13012 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 12, 2010, 07:43:55 PM »

No clues left behind in Polk County teen's disappearance

Last Update: 7:04 pm
LAKELAND, Fla. -- Alma Martinez picked up her three-year-old granddaughter, Analise, at the girl's bus stop Wednesday afternoon. It's normally her son's favorite thing to do, but 16-year-old Marco Martinez disappeared on April 5th.
Kevin Martinez, Marco's younger brother, remembers coming home to the bizarre scene: "So I came in the backyard. She was on the steps just crying and shaking. So I went inside and he wasn't in there."

No sign of struggle, or even evidence that he ran away. His bedroom is as he had left it. He didn't even take his cash savings from his part-time busboy job at Fred's Market on Harden Rd.

Kevin said his brother had a court appearance set for two days after he vanished. It was over driving without a license, but his family said the teen wasn't nervous or scared about the situation.

The day of his disappearance, Alma called Marco after he picked up Analise from the bus stop. They agreed he would order pizza for dinner. Later, when she called her son again, she got his voicemail after a few rings. Two more times, and the phone went straight to voicemail.

It's strange, Kevin says, that he'd just leave Analise all alone. "He loved her a lot," Kevin said. "He wouldn't call her his niece. He would call her his baby. Because I know that a lot of people know things and they just don't want to say anything."

Anyone with information is asked to the Polk County Sheriff's Missing Persons Unit at (863) 534-0740. Calls after 5pm should go to (863) 533-0344.

At Kathleen High School, where the junior hasn't been seen in over a month, some students told ABC Action News there are lots of rumors about Marco's disappearance.

Stories or not, the Polk County Sheriff says he has no leads and wants to hear what's being said.

"We know that someone knows something. They've got a missing link. They may think it's a rumor, they may not think it's true," Sheriff Grady Judd said. "But we want people to call us."

Judd went on to say that the young man was busted for having marijuana once in the past, but he doesn't believe that would be connected to Marco's disappearance.

Kevin says his family's praying more than they ever did before. Little Analise, he says, just thinks Marco's been at work all this time.

Kevin's begging for someone to come forward with answers about his big brother.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/polk/story/No-clues-left-behind-in-Polk-County-teens/-xwLmac5gk64LpwNsWJT8w.cspx
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:21:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »

Teen Sought After Tot Found Alone
16-Year-Old Vanishes From Lakeland Home

POSTED: Wednesday, May 12, 2010
LAKELAND, Fla. -- Authorities in Polk County are seeking the public's help in finding a teenager who's been missing for more than a month.

Marco Martinez, 16, vanished from a west Lakeland neighborhood April 5.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said there's concern that Martinez is a possible crime victim.

Martinez was discovered missing when his family returned home and found his 3-year-old niece, whom he was watching, alone and crying, deputies said.

His family said he left hundreds of dollars behind, and he has not made any cell phone calls.

Martinez's family said the teen has never been in trouble, makes good grades and has never missed a day of work.

Martinez is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes, and he has a spiderweb tattoo on each of his hands.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23526412/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1144635&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

MARCO ANTONIO MARTINEZ 
Case Type: Endangered Runaway   
DOB: Jul 1, 1993 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Apr 5, 2010 Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 16 Height:  5'7" (170 cm)
Missing City: LAKELAND Weight:  135 lbs (61 kg)
Missing State :  FL Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1144635 
Circumstances: Marco was last seen at home on April 5, 2010. He has a tattoo on his arm.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »

Polk County detectives say leads have dried up in month-old missing teen case
1 hr ago

Polk County, Florida - With all leads drying up, Polk County detectives are pleading for help in the case of a missing teenager.

It's been more than a month since anyone has seen or heard from 16-year-old Marco Martinez of Lakeland.

His younger brother, Kevin, knew something was very wrong when he came home to find his 3-year-old niece alone, crying on the back steps.

"We were just all worried. We didn't know what happened or why," Kevin said.

Marco had been watching the little girl, like he does all the time. But on April 5, she was left there shaking, with a key still in the door.

"I was just thinking, like, 'Why would he leave her?' " said Kevin.

Originally just a missing person's case, the Polk County Sheriff's Office is now using homicide detectives and isn't ruling out any possibilities.

Deputies say Marco Martinez doesn't fit the profile of a runaway.

"Never ran away before, no major fights or fusses with family, just no reason for him to have left," said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

Deputies are distributing fliers with the 16-year-old's photo on it, because they say someone out there knows something that could crack this case.

Investigators tell 10 Connects the teen had a cell phone with him, but hasn't used it since he disappeared. He has one previous arrest for marijuana possession, but deputies say that's not a factor in this case.

Marco's brother and best friend describes the Kathleen High School student as trustworthy, caring, and hardworking, someone they say would never leave without telling anyone.

"We don't know anything.  That's the thing that worries us the most," Kevin said.

A family fearing the worst, in a disappearance investigators say just doesn't add up.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=131920&catid=8

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/may/12/121656/polk-authorities-worry-about-fate-missing-teen/news-breaking/
Polk authorities worry about fate of missing teen
May 12, 2010
Alma Martinez is the mother of missing 16-year-old Marco Martinez. His brother, 13-year-old Kevin, came home to find Marco missing.

LAKELAND - Authorities are concerned over the suspicious disappearance of a 16-year-old boy who vanished five weeks ago – leaving behind few clues.

Marco Martinez doesn't have a history of running away, and at the time he disappeared, he was caring for a 3-year-old niece he adored, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said.

The girl, Analise, was found alone, screaming and crying on the back porch of the missing teen's home at 2656 McGregor St., Judd said.

"We're hoping that he ran away, but that's not what we believe at this point in the investigation," Judd said. "It doesn't fit the traditional runaway profile."

Investigators have been frustrated in their search for clues as even his friends say they don't know what happened to him, the sheriff said.

"He comes from a complete family unit, mom and dad and the kids. There's no problems at home. This kid goes to school, works, makes decent grades, is well thought of by the family," Judd said.

Martinez, a Kathleen High School student, was last heard from the afternoon of April 5 when he talked to his mother Alma, who asked him to order a pizza.

She called back a short time later and the call went into voicemail. Martinez, a busboy at Fred's Market restaurant in Lakeland, left behind $400 cash in his room and a paycheck waiting for him at work, Judd said. His cell phone hasn't been used since he went missing, he said.

Martinez was known to use marijuana but investigators don't think drug use or a drug debt played any role in his disappearance, Judd said.

Detectives have worked this daily from the beginning "and we're very frustrated," he said.

His 13-year-old brother, Kevin, said he and the family worry that he was the victim of foul play, particularly since he was so attached to the niece who was left alone.

Kevin said he found the girl screaming and shaking.

"That's what makes us think that like someone just like came in because he wouldn't just leave her. He treated her like that was his baby," the brother said.

His mother, using her son as a translator because she doesn't speak English very well, said she's worried that he might be injured or worse.

The family hasn't given up hope, Kevin said.

"I'm just hoping that he comes back home and everything can be back to normal," he said.

The missing teen is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes, and has two spider web tattoos, one on each hand.

Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at (863) 534-6200 or 1-800-226-0344.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/lakeland-teen-marco-martinez-just-vanished-polk-sheriff-says/1094608
Lakeland teen Marco Martinez 'just vanished,' Polk sheriff says
Thursday, May 13, 2010

[Michael Wilson | The Ledger]
Cirilo and Alma Martinez hold a photograph of their son Marco Martinez, 16, who disappeared on April 5.

LAKELAND — A 16-year-old junior at Kathleen High School has been missing since April 5, and the Polk County Sheriff's Office doesn't believe he is a runaway.

Marco Martinez "just vanished," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Tuesday. "Our greatest fear is that he has met a violent demise and he's a victim of homicide."

Marco was even-tempered, a good student and a good worker at Fred's Market. He wasn't in any trouble and had no known enemies.

Judd said Marco had used marijuana, but there is no evidence to indicate that was a factor in his disappearance.

There are several reasons the runaway angle doesn't fit, Judd said.

On the afternoon of April 5, a Monday, Marco was babysitting his 3-year-old niece, Analise, whom he adored.

The child was found alone outside the home about 4:30 p.m.

She was shaking and crying, but otherwise was okay.

"Marco never said, 'This is my niece,' " his father, Cirilo Martinez, said. "He said, 'This is my baby.' "

He left hundreds of dollars in a pair of pants in his bedroom. His room is a shrine to Jesus, Florida State football, baseball caps and sunglasses.

A key was left in the back door lock.

He never used his cell phone after disappearing.

He never contacted his family.

"I hope he's alive, and I think he's alive," said Cirilo Martinez, 37.

He works installing traffic lights, and his wife, Alma, also 37, works at Fred's Market.

They burn a candle for Marco every day on the kitchen table.

Their well-kept home is in a somewhat crowded working-class neighborhood in west Lakeland.

Victor Alejo, 19, a friend who worked with him at Fred's, said Marco is a good guy who likes to have fun at work.

"He worked really hard," Alejo said.

Marco is 5 feet 7, weighs 135 pounds, has black hair and brown eyes, and has two spider web tattoos — one on each hand.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »

Posted: 06/02/2010
Polk County teen missing for two months
His mother was told "You'll never see your son"

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -
Marco Martinez's bedroom is exactly how he left it. The 16-year-old's bed is still undone and his sunglasses still hang from the wall alongside his favorite baseball caps.

His mother, Alma Martinez, said she hasn't changed the sheets because they still smell like her son who's been missing for 2 months.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said they have no new information in this case, but Alma's suffering only gets worse. The Lakeland mother cried as she wondered out loud, "What if he hasn't eaten. What if he's hurt? So many things go through your head."

Alma's living room table is crowded with candles that sit before a picture of the Virgin Mary, and right beneath it there's a picture of her teenage son. She said she prays at night for peace, strength and the safe return of her son, who she said Polk County detectives initially suspected ran away.

Alma said she never understood that theory because her son left $400 cash in his bedroom, tip money from his job and he hadn't even cashed his recent check. But that isn't the only thing that makes this case more suspicious.

On the afternoon of April 5th, Marco picked up his three-year-old niece from the school bus stop as he always did. Only it seems Marco and his niece never made it inside the house. When Marco's 13-year-old brother got home from school, the toddler was on the front porch frantic and crying and Marco's keys were still in the door.

Alma said, "When I got home, as a mother I knew something was terribly wrong. Someone came to my home and took my son." She said the little girl trembled for days after Marco went missing everytime they opened the front door.
Alma told ABC Action News, "Everytime we asked her if she'd go outside she would tremble again and start to cry as if she saw something horrible.

Alma also said that her family received a message from the last person who supposedly saw Marco alive, a minor we won't name.

They told us, "You'll never see your son again because he's in the ground." ABC Action News attempted to talk with officials about this information but they declined our requests for interviews.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Marco Martinez you're asked to call the Polk County Sheriff's Office at (863) 534-6200.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_polk/polk-county-teen-missing-for-two-months-

This is very disturbing...what is being done to find this boy????

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »

Posted: 07/29/2010
Investigators raise reward to $10,000 in missing Lakeland teen's disappearance
Mother prays for safe return of son

POLK COUNTY, Fla. - The reward for information in a missing Lakeland teen's disappearance has increased to $10,000.

Marco Martinez, now 17, was last seen on April 5 after picking up his 3-year-old niece from the bus stop near his McGregor Street home.

When Marco's 13-year-old brother got home from school, the toddler was on the front porch frantic and crying and Marco's keys were still in the door. Marco was not there and he has not been seen since.

Detectives initially suspected Marco ran away. They now consider his disappearance suspicious.

His mother, Alma Martinez, told ABC Action News in June that she prays at night for peace, strength and the safe return of her son.

Alma's living room table was crowded with candles that sit before a picture of the Virgin Mary, and right beneath it there's a picture of her teenage son. Martinez said she hasn't changed the sheets on his bed because they still smell like her son.

Alma also said that her family received a message from the last person who supposedly saw Marco alive, a minor we won't name.

They told us, "You'll never see your son again because he's in the ground."

Marco is described as 5-foot-7, 135 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a star tattoo on one hand and three dots on the other hand.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Marco Martinez you're asked to call the Polk County Sheriff's Office at (863) 298-6379 or (800) 226-0344.

You can remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward if you contact Heartland Crime Stoppers at (800) 226-TIPS.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_polk/investigators-raise-reward-to-%2410%2C000-in-missing-lakeland-teen%27s-disappearance

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/aug/05/polk-sheriff-fears-worst-teen-missing-4-months/news-metro/
Polk sheriff fears worst for teen missing for 4 months
August 5, 2010

Alma Martinez, mother of missing 16-year-old Marco Martinez, talks about the missing teen with his brother, 13-year-old Kevin.
LAKELAND - Today marks a grim milestone for a Polk County family desperate for news about a missing teenager.

Four months ago today, Marco Martinez vanished from his home on McGregor Street west of Lakeland. He was 16 at the time.

Sheriff's investigators hope a new $10,000 reward for information will help spark new clues.

"We have followed up every lead we've received. We're looking for new leads," Sheriff Grady Judd said.

Martinez, who is now 17, was last seen April 5. Deputies know he picked up his niece, spoke to his mom on the telephone and even made it to the front door to put his key in it.

His 3-year-old niece, Analise, was found alone, screaming and crying on the back porch of the home.

Authorities say they don't think he would have left Analise, who he adored, to fend for herself.

But the trail has gone cold.

Investigators do not believe Martinez is a runaway. They say he was a student at Kathleen High School who worked a part time job and even left $400 behind in his bedroom.

"We hope he's alive. We hope he's just a missing person, but we fear and are preparing for the worst," Judd said.

The sheriff is convinced someone in the community knows exactly what happened to Martinez. "We've just got to find them or they've got to be brave enough to come to us," Judd said.

The missing teen is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes, and has two spider web tattoos, one on each hand.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS. The call can be anonymous.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »

DAMNit...I knew it!

Posted: 3:45 PM Oct 5, 2010

Body of missing teen found buried in Fla. woods
A 16-year-old boy from central Florida reported missing six months ago is a murder victim.

LAKELAND, Fla. -- A 16-year-old boy from central Florida reported missing six months ago is a murder victim.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd announced Tuesday that another 16-year-old boy is suspected of shooting and stabbing Marco Martinez and burying his body in the woods in Lakeland.

Martinez was reported missing by his family in April. Detectives found the remains of the Kathleen High School student last week.

Judd said the other teen, described as a good friend of the victim, has confessed to the slaying. Prosecutors are planning to charge him.

Detectives believe Martinez was killed after the two teens went into the woods together April 5. They say the suspect returned the next day to bury the body.

http://www.wjhg.com/state/headlines/Body_of_missing_teen_found_buried_in_Fla_woods_104368568.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »

I suspected Marco Martinez didn't run away, but met with foul play.   Thank you for the update Nut.  I'll move this to "Found Deceased". 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »

I was hoping Muffy this would be moved to the found safe.
Prayers to this family.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.