April 26, 2024, 04:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People who steal food are criminals, Banksters are naughty...  (Read 1606 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 14, 2010, 05:05:22 AM »

HOW TO STOP THE ECONOMIC WAR SWEEPING THE WORLD? CAN WE CHALLENGE THE CRIMES OF OUR TIME

Stop, my head hurts...As I made my film Plunder The Crime of Our Time offering a "crime narrative," I ran up against the denial that greeted my 2006 film In Debt We Trust warning of a meltdown. Then I was called, a "doom and gloomer." Now I have just been ignored or considered simplistic.

Why is that? There are cultural and ideological reasons. The world of finance is dominated by the elite of the elite, up-right citizens all, including many philanthropists and patrons of the arts. How could such important "big men" ever be accused of slimy crimes?

What a world: people who steal food are deemed criminals and sent away with long sentences in a prison system with the highest rate of incarceration in the world. Banksters are considered "naughty."

Overseas, in Greece and England, and other parts of Europe, there's been an indictment of American corporate predators, especially Goldman Sachs. They are being denounced as "financial terrorists" and discussed in terms of their links to various elite business formations like the Bilderberg Group. While unions say workers are being targeted in an economic war, the left also sees a counterrevolution underway against democracy with power moving firmly into the hands of bond traders and markets demanding austerity, not people's Parliaments and elected politicians. European leaders say they are at war, too, against "speculators"

The Banksters need to be stopped, but only the people can do that--our media and politicians, right center and progressive, are not up to the task. What we need is more than exposes but a major effort to organize like foroureconomy.org. This is the only way to fight back against a one-sided war.

more here - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danny-schechter/can-we-stop-the-coming-gl_b_575258.html

Was Obama's bailout a bribe of sorts?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »

THE SHAFT:  HOW FINANCIAL COMPANIES PREY ON THE POOR (and clueless)

http://marcochacon.livejournal.com/732432.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.