April 24, 2024, 01:58:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immigrants should take a number and wait in the immigration line  (Read 1612 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 15, 2010, 04:51:50 AM »

Another View: Column on immigration law did not dig into root causes

This statute tries to repair a problem that the federal government created and won't fix.

By BRUCE SANFORD

There is a reason everyone must take a number and wait in the immigration line.

The safety and well-being of those who are natural-born or naturalized citizens or legal immigrants trump the sensitivity some feel should be shown to those who reside in this country illegally. Illegal immigrants do not possess constitutional rights.

We have an immigration problem in this country that the federal government refuses to fix.
Arizona has done well to pass its own law mandating that non-citizens must carry their status paperwork at all times, a statute that mimics a federal law in place for 60 years.

The Arizona law gives police the power to question someone's status only if they have reasonable cause to detain and question that person for some other issue.

The only Hispanic people who fear the impact of this law are either illegal immigrants themselves, or those who have a vested familial or economic interest in protecting someone who is.

None of my Hispanic friends fears this law or disagrees that stemming the flow of illegal immigrants into this country is imperative if we, as a nation, are to have a safe and viable future with secure borders.

more here - http://www.pressherald.com/opinion/column-on-immigration-law-did-not-dig-into-root-causes_2010-05-15.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:55:01 AM »

Immigrants: Follow law

While at work, I talked with a truck driver who was from Arizona.

I asked him if the new immigration law was racial profiling. The driver said no — and you’d have to live there to understand.

Many illegal immigrants get in, don’t make any effort to become U.S. citizens, take jobs from those who are and have no respect for U.S. law.

Now many other people say it is racial profiling. I only pray to God it’s not. But we do know two things: One, some do sneak in; two, the government caters to them.

Many good, hardworking immigrants play it honest. But there’s a few who do not.

If there is to be immigration reform, those who wish to stay must sign an oath to uphold the laws of the U.S. They must earn their place in helping make America great, not get special treatment.

— Bob DeLacy Jr., Marengo

more here - http://www.rrstar.com/opinions/letters/x1070006674/Immigrants-Follow-law

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.