March 29, 2024, 02:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 110673 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Drug Bust in Venezuela … Cocaine and XTC Was Bound for Aruba & Curacao

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/01/29/drug-bust-in-venezuela-cocaine-and-xtc-was-bound-for-aruba-curacoa/
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
CharlieRAT at RU sent us a message (sarcastically) - WeightWatchers is giving away a trip to Aruba:

http://tinyurl.com/2eouqg

Message to CharlieRAT - you and your whole family are a POS.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

THE SUN

Twitty talks safety

By Michael Wilkey

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=25809

JONESBORO -- The mother of a missing 18-year old girl said Sunday afternoon that the disappearance has helped motivate her to talk about issues involving safety and visiting foreign countries.

Beth Holloway Twitty -- whose daughter, Natalee Holloway, disappeared in May 2005 in Aruba and whose disappearance sparked international news coverage -- addressed nearly 400 people in Riceland Hall at the Arkansas State University Fowler Center.

Before her remarks, Twitty said her message was simple: Be mindful of everything.

"My message should be a heads-up for kids," Twitty said. "Investigate the infrastructure, customs and laws of a country before going there. We sometimes think about worrying about the hotel or airfare, but there is a bigger picture."

Twitty, who received her master's degree in speech pathology from ASU, said her ordeal caused her to found an organization, called the International Safe Travels Organization, to help teen-agers and their parents investigate all issues before traveling abroad.

Twitty recalled the first days after her daughter's disappearance and the actions of the Aruban government.

"We did everything we could in looking for her. There was a government coverup, and it has been documented," Twitty contended. "Yet we have remained respectful and have done the right thing."

The disappearance of her daughter received intense medi attention. Twitty said the media can help -- and has helped by detailing the stories of missing children, including two recently recovered in Missouri.

"[The media] can be a huge tool for parents," she said. "They can get the photo and information out there for people to see. It is speedy and has been incredible, with print and television. They have helped to solve many cases, and parents should always consider using them as a tool."

At the event, which was held to support the 2007 Northeast District Council of Youth Ministries of the United Methodist Church Scholarship, Twitty also discussed how her faith in God has helped her.

"We have had hope," she said. "We have learned to have faith in God and learn to recognize hope. Millions of people, I know, prayed for us when the ordeal began. I can be in an airport and have people come up to me and say that I and my family are still in their prayers."

Twitty said that her organization has worked to build information about various countries and their relative safety or lack thereof.

"It has become a valuable tool for young adults. It goes into in-depth issues, such as police and infrastructure," Twitty said. "We worked to create a 1-stop convenient location for the information."

She said officials at Auburn University were in the process of creating a curriculum based on information culled from sources.

Event raises funds

Twitty's visit to Jonesboro Sunday helped to raise money for the council's scholarship fund.

Kathy Finch, coordinator of the event, said the visit by Twitty brought a strong message home and helped a worthwhile cause.

"We had a wonderful turnout," she said. "It felt good to see a lot of young children and their parents here to hear from Beth. Beth has been a delight to work with, and she will continue to work until someone is held accountable for her daughter's disappearance.

"We are also the only district in Arkansas that provides scholarships for kids for our district," Finch added.

Finch said all proceeds from Sunday's event will go toward the scholarship fund.

On the Net:

www.internationalsafetravels

foundation.org

mwilkey@jonesborosun.com
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »

Thanks for sharing that article!  Geesh, she is one woman who deserves to know the truth!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2007, 03:23:59 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Hey Jerry lee was 1 cousin to Jimmy and his first wife.A character,set the piano on fire when he couldn't finish a show.I love New Orleans,I miss the CDC ,the Beignets,gumbo and THE JAZZ.I love the music,Cat

Hey Cat  When you visit Turkey are you going to Pamukkale where the calcium carbonate makes marble like pools on the cliffs and everyone goes to bathe in them.  Lovely colours from the sunlight.  I know Cats don't like water but you might like to visit?  

I love Dixieland Jazz too.  Jerry Lee was a wild man.  Don't make musos like that now.  How would he go on Idol??

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2007, 03:30:02 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Love the item about Beth.  People can see that she is making a positive out of the most terrible disaster to befall anyone.
I hope the knockers read the line where the profits from the event all go to the scholarship fund and not into Beth's pockets as they keep saying.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2007, 04:02:05 PM »

I just posted some new information in the Ben Owenby thread in the Missing Persons forum.  Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://tinyurl.com/2mlxw3
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »

I just posted some new information in the Ben Owenby thread in the Missing Persons forum.  Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://tinyurl.com/2mlxw3

Very disturbing....the older boy does resemble the pictures of the younger child that was abducted....although I am not sure about the mouth.... Confused

The web site is the most disturbing.....I so hope that Shawn is receiving
psychological help regardless of his family's ability to pay.

Let me go back and look at the pictures again....Thank you for bringing that to us.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2007, 04:20:29 PM »

I see the older boy with the clef chin and the weak eye....do you see that in the younger child's pictures...?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
I see the older boy with the clef chin and the weak eye....do you see that in the younger child's pictures...?

Not really but the younger photos of Arlin aren't that good.  Hard to say.  I just thought it was very interresting.  Another interresting fact is that Shawn did have a pet cat while at Devlin's. Shocked
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2007, 04:27:42 PM »

Not really but the younger photos of Arlin aren't that good.  Hard to say.  I just thought it was very interresting.  Another interresting fact is that Shawn did have a pet cat while at Devlin's. Shocked

Klaas...you know that I really thought Devlin was getting Ben to replace Shawn....that Shawn would not be around for much longer....he may have had someone before Shawn also....have the police released any information on Devlin's life prior to Shawn...?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »

Klaas...you know that I really thought Devlin was getting Ben to replace Shawn....that Shawn would not be around for much longer....he may have had someone before Shawn also....have the police released any information on Devlin's life prior to Shawn...?

They are looking to see if he could have any connectection into Arlin Henderson's abduction and others.  That's all I know.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »

Tib,this tiger cat swims and well.I love the water.I will be on the Black sea.This cat danced to the killer,and still does.Goodness gracious great balls of fire.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Tib,this tiger cat swims and well.I love the water.I will be on the Black sea.This cat danced to the killer,and still does.Goodness gracious great balls of fire.Cat

I think Pamukkale is closer to the Mediterranean coast.  A fascinating place.

Yes those were the days when music was music and we all had good clean fun.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2007, 05:21:18 PM »

MeMer, That's what I always felt too.  I do see a resemblance of the older boy and Arlin as a child.  Looks like maybe his face if more filled out now, a little more on the heavy side now?  Certainly the police would have seen this and confirmed whether it was a friend of Shawn's while living with Devlin or they are trying to determine whether it is Arlin.  That website is disturbing.  I can't imagine my child going away innocent, returning with such darkness in his/her life, the exposure and lack of obvious discipline.  How tragic....

I saw that interview in the apartment with the landlord too.  Trying to remember, but there isn't much background in this pic. really to tell.  And the apt. on the news was empty of furniture, so hard to compare that too.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »

Hi everyone.  

Kalpoe v. McGraw

Judge allows McGraw's Texas attorneys to handle case in California.
Judge denies request by McGraw's attorneys to allow Holloway-Twitty v. Kalpoe as related case.  
Kalpoes are served in Holloway-Twitty v. Kalpoe IN ARUBA.  I'm hearing this is significant.  Anyone know why?  While it was surprising to me and I thought it was a good thing that JQK was able to have the Kalpoes served in Aruba, what does this mean?  

Barbaro, you had more heart and soul than most human athletes.  You have a special place in the afterlife, I'm sure.  Don't know how it all works yet as I'm still here!, but I hope you can help other animals from there.  Condolences to those who worked so hard to help him.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2007, 05:51:01 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Hi everyone.  

Kalpoe v. McGraw

Judge denies request by McGraw's attorneys to allow Holloway-Twitty v. Kalpoe as related case.  
Kalpoes are served in Holloway-Twitty v. Kalpoe IN ARUBA.  I'm hearing this is significant.  Anyone know why?  While it was surprising to me and I thought it was a good thing that JQK was able to have the Kalpoes served in Aruba, what does this mean?  

Let's hope its significant in a postive way, i.e. in Beth & Dave's favor.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Hi everyone.  

Kalpoe v. McGraw

Let's hope its significant in a postive way, i.e. in Beth & Dave's favor.

What SunFreak said.

Hope you are not overdoing things SunFreak.  Take care of yourself.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »

They are looking to see if he could have any connectection into Arlin Henderson's abduction and others.  That's all I know.

I heard on the news sometime late last week that the police have said that Shawn was the one who actually 'grabbed' Ben and threw him in the white van. Devlin used Shawn to kidnap Ben  Shocked

I haven't heard anything about it since.

I hope everyone who loves Shawn realizes that there is no way that Shawn is 'alright'. Even if he acts 'normal'.  He needs intensive help. imo.

So sad about Barbero Sad I had so much hope. They mentioned how critical the new surgery was since now BOTH of his back legs were impaired. I hope it does not have anything to do with anything they give the horses to turn them into champion racers.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »

MULTIPLE ROBBERYS AGAISNT AMERICAN AND TOURIST FRI, SAT AND SUN, ACCORDING TO TODAYS DIARIO.
Friday robberys reported
2 at Amesterdamm Manor
1 at weston Arube Resort  pollis called -no show- why not enough personnel to go investigate it per police.  Diario exclaims it disgust at the polis for not investigating the crime.
Robbery of American 69 yr old D.H. reports robbery at Eagle beach assailant wore white shirt tan pants and has black skin.
Robbery at Adventure Golf apartments. W men broke in with guns Safe broken into. woman at home was able to hit one robber over the head.  Whe describes him as jumping like Zorro .  She was knocked to floor and recieved injurys.  Diarios comment WHERE IS THE POLIS SHOW OF FORCE NO WONDER TOURIST DONT FEEL SAFE HERE.

saturday:
Hold up in Rondweg, 2 men enter home with guns around 830pm polis called but no responce till 1am.Both men had masks over the face.Robbery team investigating.

sunday:
roberry occured in Van Schelpstradt 1 victem hurt and sent to hospital.
Another robbery at Well Well Kareoke bar and Restaurant -no other info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.