April 19, 2024, 01:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 111848 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: January 29, 2007, 10:07:19 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Thanks Klaas.  I didn't know they wanted a jury trial.  Interesting.  Don't they know that means that there will be jurors that have daughters that could have easily been a victim? Wonder how that will go over? What? They want a jury of their peers...they would need to import them from Aruba for that to happen...okay I am smiling again.  Smile

One of the Kalpoe peers maybe?  Laughing

Who is that - Mr. Potato Butt?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2007, 10:09:24 PM »

I like your version Klaas, and will accept it.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »

potato butt isn't what I was thinking. But you're in the same general area.....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:42 PM »

BTgirl - that is exactly who it is!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: January 29, 2007, 10:25:22 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
So.........this doesn't mean that it can't be heard because of jurisdiction issues? It just means that Beth and Dave are on their own, like they were in New York, in pusuading that the case can be heard in California? And the fact that Kalpoes brought suit in California will aid them in that argument?

Does it mean that the Kalpoes aren't compelled to show up, or do depositions, even if JQK wins the jurisdiction argument? They can basically say "F it, get your default judgement, it means nothing to me,"?

I know, I'm all questions and no answers, but my money's on a monkey knowing the scoop!  Wink

Wouldn't it work both ways?  Couldn't Dr phil  & co say, F' it, get your default judgement.  Now try to get the money out of us - you'll have to come to the USA to get it.  Then Beth & Dave would have jurisdiction as the Kalpoes would be in the USA getting paid.  Then couldn't HT  file an injunction to freeze the award money, until their case is settled? I would assume the law in CA can't enforce payment of the settlement, as OJ has never paid the Browns & Goldman.

Sunfreak.........I'm not a lawyer, but I think that it works this way: The K2s have indeed already ( through their representitives ) come to California when they filed suit and have indeed obligated themselves personally to appear in California. Since both the K2s and Dr. Phil & Co are "in" California for the suit, any awarded money will be collected.

The HT suit has been ruled not related to the K2/Dr. Phil& Co. case so they are seperate issues.

At this point, JQK will have to do what he did in NY, and ask a Calif judge to rule that there is proper jurisdiction in Calif. to hear the wrongful death suit brought by Beth and Dave. IF a Calif judge rules that Calif IS the proper jurisdiction, then JQK will have to figure out how to get the K2s to respond to the suit. Remember that Joran was served in NY, but I'm not aware of anything that would have compelled him to show up for that court case.

OK, Monkeys, correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm not a lawyer either.  But I know in many states that even if the judge awards money, it is up to the individual to collect the money.  I would assume that since the Browns & Goldmans have never collected a penny in the civil suit against OJ, that CA cannot compell anyone to pay up.

If the judge decides legal jurisdiction in favor of the HT's, I'm sure there could be plenty of legal manuevering to have cases delayed in both suits. Hopefully the timing would correspond for the Kalpoes to be present at their own case while the other case is going on.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #385 on: January 29, 2007, 10:32:04 PM »

Legal question...if the Kalpoes default in the H/T suit how does that affect their own suit?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: January 29, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
BTgirl - that is exactly who it is!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: January 29, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Sun Freak,are you watching me.How did you know about my supper tonight.I think the case is fine.CAT

Cat, that was Sleuth who knew what you had for dinner.  I AM watching you as I can see in the dark.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »

BT
Is it cold up there tonight?  I hear you may be in for some wintry precip later this week.  We could get some icing on the roads here by Thurs.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2007, 11:09:55 PM »

Hi Monkeys!! Potatoe Butt...too funny  Laughing  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: January 29, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »

Somehow my spelling of potatoe does not look right  Laughing  Laughing
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2007, 11:45:40 PM »

Lets Shango!

Shango says, June 30th at 1:49 am

.....Lamb and the Elder are stepping stones into the fetid pool of deception....

The rule of the Arawak King is the Final word.

...But the Arawak king has Dirty Hands and Dirty Feet.

...Let us hunt Lions, The King and Dirty Hand.

...The lions pace silently in the bush, while the King seeks pleasure with his concubines....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the Arawak King is Rudy Croes.  Wasn't he the one charged with having slave prostitutes?  Isn't he the Minister of Justice?

Lions are the King of the forest. Wouldn't they be the movers and shakers of Aruba, not just Dutch but Americans & Arubans too?

Dirty Hand could be the Mafia, Dutch or American.

What do ya'll think?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2007, 11:52:29 PM »

Lets Shango!

.....Lamb and the Elder are stepping stones into the fetid pool of deception....

...The lions pace silently in the bush, while the King seeks pleasure with his concubines....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the Arawak King is Rudy Croes.  Wasn't he the one charged with having slave prostitutes?  Isn't he the Minister of Justice?

Lions are the King of the forest. Wouldn't they be the movers and shakers of Aruba, not just Dutch but Americans & Arubans too?

What do ya'll think?
For the longest time, I felt that V d stratten was dirty hand, but not so sure about that now. I do still feel that he pulled the right strings, to help "cover up " the vd sloot Mess
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2007, 11:55:07 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Lets Shango!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do ya'll think?
For the longest time, I felt that V d stratten was dirty hand, but not so sure about that now. I do still feel that he pulled the right strings, to help "cover up " the vd sloot Mess
Is Rudy Croes the Arawak King? I don't know, anyone else?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »

Lets Shango!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do ya'll think?

Shango all but admitted that van der Straaten was one of the dirty hands. Remember there are more than one.  Wink
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2007, 11:58:56 PM »

Maybe the question should be whether or not he actively helped hide or dispose of Natalee's body?  After all he did say he had seen the evidence that told him Natalee was dead.  Remember Hammer's question..."How do you know she is dead?"
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2007, 12:00:53 AM »

Lets Shango!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do ya'll think?

Shango all but admitted that van der Straaten was one of the dirty hands. Remember there are more than one.  Wink
That is true, that is what makes the whole shango riddle so tough, it seems like most of them have dirty hands there
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2007, 12:03:46 AM »

Maybe the question should be whether or not he actively helped hide or dispose of Natalee's body?  After all he did say he had seen the evidence that told him Natalee was dead.  Remember Hammer's question..."How do you know she is dead?"
I do remember. I hope we get an answer to that remark someday.. "Because I have seen the evidence"...That WAS said, now, they say they have none..BS, they DID have something, at one time  IMO
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »

Hi Widget!  Nice to see you in the cage.  How's your world?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »

Hi Widget! Good to see ya.. Smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.