May 14, 2024, 11:25:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 113095 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

Widget - how are the girls doing?
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2007, 12:08:14 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Hi Widget!  Nice to see you in the cage.  How's your world?

Good Evening Lalas ........

MY World Could'nt Be Better .........

Hope You Are Well ........

Cool

We Did'nt Land On Plymouth Rock........Plymouth Rock Landed On Us .......
Malcolm X ..........
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2007, 12:09:56 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Getting Ready To Go Back To School .........

Last Week Of Vacations ........

GO INDY ..........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »

Quote from: "WidgetTheMidget"

GO INDY ..........

Cool

They getting bigger by the minute?
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2007, 12:11:32 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Hi Widget! Good to see ya.. Smile

HI Elaine ........

Hope Alls Well .............

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »

GO INDY ..........

Cool

They Have Grown Quite A Bit .........

A Little Chunkier Than Before.......... LOL ..........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2007, 12:18:32 AM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Now For Something Completely Different … Bald Eagle causes Power Outage in Alaska

http://tinyurl.com/3deago

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2007, 12:19:08 AM »

GO INDY ..........

Cool

They Have Grown Quite A Bit .........

A Little Chunkier Than Before.......... LOL ..........

Cool

Must be feeding them good, lol  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2007, 12:22:02 AM »

It's time for me to hug Nemo.  Looking for CP and little Memphis.  Hope you guys are okay.  Miss you.  

Tibro, the cage isn't too dirty, you can take the night off...you deserve it.  I'll sweep on my way out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2007, 12:23:04 AM »

It's time for me to hug Nemo.  Looking for CP and little Memphis.  Hope you guys are okay.  Miss you.  

Tibro, the cage isn't too dirty, you can take the night off...you deserve it.  I'll sweep on my way out.

Nite Lala's
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2007, 12:29:08 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Lets Shango!

Shango says, June 30th at 1:49 am

.....Lamb and the Elder are stepping stones into the fetid pool of deception....

The rule of the Arawak King is the Final word.  

...But the Arawak king has Dirty Hands and Dirty Feet.

...Let us hunt Lions, The King and Dirty Hand.

...The lions pace silently in the bush, while the King seeks pleasure with his concubines....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the Arawak King is Rudy Croes.  Wasn't he the one charged with having slave prostitutes?  Isn't he the Minister of Justice?

Lions are the King of the forest. Wouldn't they be the movers and shakers of Aruba, not just Dutch but Americans & Arubans too?

Dirty Hand could be the Mafia, Dutch or American.

What do ya'll think?
For the longest time, I felt that V d stratten was dirty hand, but not so sure about that now. I do still feel that he pulled the right strings, to help "cover up " the vd sloot Mess

Shango all but admitted that van der Straaten was one of the dirty hands. Remember there are more than one.  Wink

I agree the vdSraaten is one of the dirty hands, but I don't think he is THE DIRTY HAND.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2007, 12:30:01 AM »

I agree that Rudy Croes would be the Arawak King.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: January 30, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »

Arizona Amber Alert:

http://www.arizonaamberalert.com/

AMBER ALERT. Abducted from East Mesa, Arizona driving Blue 1990 Chevrolet Ex-Cab Truck-Lowered with Wide Wheels with chrome rims, Diamond plating along the bed, Playboy bunny sticker in back window, white flames on front windshield.. Arizona license plate number 709SCM

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: January 30, 2007, 12:41:33 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Just read that and need to clarify something. It's my understanding that even if the NY judge had ruled that NY was a proper jurisdiction and that a suit could be filed there, Joran would not have been compelled to come to the US to participate in it. A default judgement could have been made in his absence, but he would not be compelled to undergo deposition or stand "trial" in the civil suit. If a default judgement had been granted in the suit, good luck collecting anything.

I THINK the same would apply with K2 at this stage.

I think that correct, crazybaby, but I do remember someone asking JQK about collecting on a judgment from Paulus and JQK gave that sly little grin and said he was pretty sure he could.  I took that to mean that Paulus has American holdings.  Maybe real estate or part ownership in a business or something.  Don't know about the Kalpoes though.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: January 30, 2007, 12:49:11 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  I didn't know they wanted a jury trial.  Interesting.  Don't they know that means that there will be jurors that have daughters that could have easily been a victim? Wonder how that will go over? What? They want a jury of their peers...they would need to import them from Aruba for that to happen...okay I am smiling again.  Smile

Because juries feel sorry for little people getting screwed by big companies and rich people.  Most juries are the average joe, the little people.  A judge (a good judge) will rule on the merits of the case.  A jury will be influenced by lots of other stuff, the baggage of life, so to speak.  As that guy on Shark says, It's not about the law, it's about what 12 people think is right.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: January 30, 2007, 12:54:22 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Thanks Klaas.  I didn't know they wanted a jury trial.  Interesting.  Don't they know that means that there will be jurors that have daughters that could have easily been a victim? Wonder how that will go over? What? They want a jury of their peers...they would need to import them from Aruba for that to happen...okay I am smiling again.  Smile

Because juries feel sorry for little people getting screwed by big companies and rich people.  Most juries are the average joe, the little people.  A judge (a good judge) will rule on the merits of the case.  A jury will be influenced by lots of other stuff, the baggage of life, so to speak.  As that guy on Shark says, It's not about the law, it's about what 12 people think is right.

Yeah well wait until that jury hears Deepak say Natalee dressed like a slut and acted like a slut in his own words.  Let's see how sorry they feel for him then.  Especially when the defense shows photos of how Natalee was dressed.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2007, 01:24:39 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I read or heard that Devlin did not move into that apartment for about 8 weeks after Shawn went missing. And that Devlin did take some time off from work around that time due to his diabetes. So he told his employer as to why he needed the time off.
I can't tell if that is Arlin. The FBI is looking into all those cases in that area.  
Devlin used to hunt in and around that area, so he would have a familarity with shacks, cabins and what is secluded or not.

here is a link with some info about Devlin. mentions a piece of property he co owned  
http://tinyurl.com/22sh3s
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2007, 01:53:58 AM »

Hi everyone.... quick post:

If the Kalpoes were served in Aruba, that is a CLEAR sign that the case is moving forward. That is probably disallowed if a judge were disposed to kick out the case on jurisdictional issues.

The decision about linking the cases is virtually meaningless.

The website giving the scenario about how Natalee died has some very good points and info, in spite of the anti-Semitic slant. Bear in mind that not all Jews are rich, and not all rich people are Jews. They aren't the "elitists" ones that I am concerned with. It's NOT a Jewish thing.

I wish so badly that those doctors had been able to save that horse's life. It was a very long shot from the beginning, and they almost succeeded. It's a shame that so little is understood about such injuries. I'm not a horse racing fan but I wanted the horse to MAKE IT. What a gallant fighting try.

There are not words to tell how disappointed I am with Widget after reading that inflammatory post. Very little has offended me in here, but I take an attack on MY President and MY beliefs personally, folks. I counted Widget as a friend to this case before reading that. Now I wish I had an ignore button.

I am running out of gas FAST tonight so that's all I got for this evening, but I am looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »

Posted on Mon, Jan. 29, 2007  

'Dr. Phil' lawyer responds to suit over Natalee Holloway segment

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed a defamation lawsuit against the "Dr. Phil" show for airing a segment about their roles as former suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway should not be entitled to punitive damages, an attorney for the show said.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, both residents of Aruba, filed the suit in December seeking unspecified damages against talk show host Phillip McGraw, CBS Television Distribution Group and private investigator Jamie Skeeters.

The lawsuit alleges the show altered portions of a secretly recorded conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and Skeeters to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

William Haggerty, an attorney for McGraw and CBS, said in court papers filed Friday in Los Angeles that widespread news reports of the brothers' arrest "serves to mitigate any damages allegedly suffered by them and bars or reduces their right to recover any damages."

Haggerty also denied his clients intentionally misrepresented any fact to the brothers or acted with malicious intent. Skeeters is being represented by a separate attorney.

An after-hours telephone message left Monday for the attorney representing the brothers was not immediately returned.

Holloway was 18 when she disappeared on May 30, 2005, while on a trip to Aruba with classmates from her Alabama high school. She was last seen getting into a car with the brothers and their friend, Joran van der Sloot.

Police spent months searching for the missing teen, but the case did not lead to any criminal trial in Aruba.

The brothers were released from police custody following their arrest and have not been charged in the case.

http://tinyurl.com/3y8ebb
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2007, 02:33:49 AM »

Posted on Mon, Jan. 29, 2007  

'Dr. Phil' lawyer responds to suit over Natalee Holloway segment

Associated Press

William Haggerty, an attorney for McGraw and CBS, said in court papers filed Friday in Los Angeles that widespread news reports of the brothers' arrest "serves to mitigate any damages allegedly suffered by them and bars or reduces their right to recover any damages."

Haggerty also denied his clients intentionally misrepresented any fact to the brothers or acted with malicious intent. Skeeters is being represented by a separate attorney.

http://tinyurl.com/3y8ebb

Yep, the Kalpoe brothers became celebrity persons of interest for their part in Natalee's disappearance long before the Skeeters tape was made and then aired on Dr Phil show.  The burden of proof is on the Kalpoes to show how Dr Phil & SKeeters defamed them.  The standard for the burden of proof for a celebrity is much higher than for the average person.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.