March 28, 2024, 11:58:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 110663 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
The DFI HAS VERIFIED the tapes. It said they were authentic, BUT...

It said that they were edited (shortened) to fit the requirements of TV and timing, etc. That is enough ammo thrown the way of the dark side to be able to claim that Skeeters et al. changed the CONTENT of the tapes to make it sound like Deepak said something he really didn't.

That's a different ballgame altogether. That would involve software editing of sound patterns in the audio. The DFI made no finding pro or con about that.

I understand that, although Arlene didn't seem to.   Very Happy  But the Kalpoe's lawyers must have something other than the opinion of the Kalpoes and Glenda that Dr. Phil falsely portrayed them as scum.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:51 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

It said that they were edited (shortened) to fit the requirements of TV and timing, etc. That is enough ammo thrown the way of the dark side to be able to claim that Skeeters et al. changed the CONTENT of the tapes to make it sound like Deepak said something he really didn't.

That's a different ballgame altogether. That would involve software editing of sound patterns in the audio. The DFI made no finding pro or con about that.

I understand that, although Arlene didn't seem to.   Very Happy  But the Kalpoe's lawyers must have something other than the opinion of the Kalpoes and Glenda that Dr. Phil falsely portrayed them as scum.

one would think

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2007, 10:55:22 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

one would think

They have a tape that may have been edited by ALE.  I'm sure they also were counting on Dr. Phil settling out of court.  They were wrong.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2007, 10:59:38 PM »

The tapes aren't the only issue, although the yes/no she did/didn't is key.  If ALE sent an altered tape to NFI, their report would show that alteration, even if they didn't know who altered it.  The other counts of the Complaint say that the way Dr. Phil put the clips together (even without editing) made it look like they did things they didn't do.  I can't remember the details of the 53 pages but I do remember thinking that I didn't get that impression when I was watching and I already thought they were guilty.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2007, 11:02:39 PM »

Yea, I'm sure they thought Dr. Phil would settle, but when he didn't they filed anyway.  They think they have a plausible case.  I just wish I knew what they had other than differing perspectives on how the Kalpoes were portrayed.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2007, 11:03:45 PM »

I've been around the block enough times to realize that people will basically believe WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE.

They approach all questions like guilt/innocence, etc., with a preconceived notion about how things just HAVE to be.

Their reasoning down there is:

Americans are evil. Natalee is an American. Natalee is evil. Supporters of evil are evil. Supporters of Natalee are evil. Evil people cannot possibly be depended on to tell the truth. They can and will use their technological expertise to twist the facts to accuse the poor innocent Arubans.

Worked for oj

Works for them

They view all facts in the case through this filter.

No persuasion or compiling of FACTS to tear down this tautology in their minds will be enough to sway them.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »

Yea, I'm sure they thought Dr. Phil would settle, but when he didn't they filed anyway.  They think they have a plausible case.  I just wish I knew what they had other than differing perspectives on how the Kalpoes were portrayed.

IMO they have a tape that was altered by ALE.  They believe ALE and they do not believe the Skeeters original.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2007, 11:06:17 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

IMO they have a tape that was altered by ALE.  They believe ALE and they do not believe the Skeeters original.

I agree.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2007, 11:07:23 PM »

The Island of Alternative Reality

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2007, 11:07:50 PM »

yep

- A Horse's Tale
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »

Sorry ahead of time as this will blow the margins.  I've enlarged the print in the article so it can be read:

I'm seeing something that looks like clairvoyant.  Could they be repeating something from a psychic?

translation in a nut shell.

Clairvoiant who has been to baby beach area three times has claimed to awe-mainta reporters that he/ she feels vibrations coming from behindthe Danki club.He/she fels these vibrations are from Natalee HOlloway. investigation to follow.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »

And to go one step further, when it becomes clear that the tape Aruba has is the altered tape nobody will know how it happened.  Must have been some kind of problem with their recorder/player or PC or whatever.  They will play stupid islanders.
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:41 PM »

Good evening Monkeys.  Long time no see Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: January 30, 2007, 11:11:20 PM »

Thank you SANDY again!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: January 30, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »

Quote from: "anidac"

Anidac - how are you stranger?  What have you been up to?
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: January 30, 2007, 11:12:26 PM »

Hi anidac! It HAS been a while...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: January 30, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »

And to go one step further, when it becomes clear that the tape Aruba has is the altered tape nobody will know how it happened.  Must have been some kind of problem with their recorder/player or PC or whatever.  They will play stupid islanders.

They will say they got a computer virus when they listened to the tape because they were using Joran's old computer Rolling Eyes .
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: January 30, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

Working 'round-the-clock and being a B'Ma, Mom, and resident handyman.  WE HAVE SNOW!!!!

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2007, 11:14:02 PM »

are they playing or are they just acting reglar  Twisted Evil

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2007, 11:14:34 PM »

Working 'round-the-clock and being a B'Ma, Mom, and resident handyman.  WE HAVE SNOW!!!!

I think you need to slow down, lol  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.