March 29, 2024, 02:32:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #579 1/28 - 2/2/2007  (Read 110675 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #900 on: February 02, 2007, 10:26:08 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "AZSunny"
I just saw the newscast of the SF mayor Gavin Newsome, wasn't he married to Kimberly Guifoyle?  OK,  my spelling is probably  wrong, but you know who I mean.

Yes Sunny he was married to Kimberly Guilfoyle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberly_Guilfoyle

And he was banging the wife of one of his aides who had a resign over it!  Kimberly is probably better off with the new hubby.

Good morning.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: February 02, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »

At Least 14 Reported Dead in Florida Storms
Friday , February 02, 2007

LADY LAKE, Fla. —

At least 14 people were killed early Friday as thunderstorms and at least one tornado struck central Florida, flattening homes and a church, causing power outages and lifting a tractor trailer into the air, officials said.

Lake County spokesman Christopher Patton confirmed the 14 deaths but no further details were available.

Dozens of mobile homes near Lady Lake were destroyed by the storms that hit in the middle of the night. Chairs, beds and clothes were strewn about yards, with debris hanging from trees. Some homes were tossed from their foundations, while others had their roofs ripped off.

Sgt. John Herrell of the Lake County Sheriff's Office described the area as "complete and total devastation" and said search and rescue teams were on the scene.

"The most dangerous tornado scenario is a threat for killer tornadoes at night, and that was the case," said Dave Sharp, a National Weather Service meteorologist in Melbourne.

The Lady Lake Church of God was demolished, its pews, altar and Bibles left in a jumbled mess. The 31-year-old, steel-reinforced structure was built to withstand 150-mph winds, the Rev. Larry Lynn said.

By daybreak, parishioners gathered amid the ruins, hugging each other and consoling Lynn. They planned to clear the debris and hold Sunday services on the empty lot.

"That's just the building. The people are the church. We'll be back bigger and stronger," Lynn said.

The storms moved across Sumter and Lake counties around 3:15 a.m., then moved to Volusia County, where 69 homes and a county medical clinic were damaged, authorities said.

At least five crashes took place within a quarter mile of each other near Interstate 4's New Smyrna Beach exit, closing the highway for about three hours.

In one case, a semitrailer was lifted up and landed on another semi, pinning the driver in his cab, said Kim Miller, a spokeswoman with the Florida Highway Patrol. The driver did not suffer life-threatening injuries, she said.

About 20,000 customers were without power across a wide swath of central Florida, Progress Energy spokeswoman Cherie Jacobs said.

The state Emergency Operations Center was activated, said Mike Stone, spokesman at the state's Department of Emergency Management.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #902 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:38 AM »

Quote from: "Cat"
you hit the nail on the head with a hammer,Lala. Cat

Amen to that!  

If it takes Satish five years to get thru high school, what are the chances he will be an MD in his lifetime?

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST - GROUNDHOG DAY:

Punxsutawney Phil Not Only Has a Prediction for Winter … But Aruba Tourism also

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/02/02/punxsutawney-phil-not-only-has-a-prediction-for-winter-but-aruba-tourism-also/

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #904 on: February 02, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »

Klaas, GREAT JOB on the Bears mug.  DH was thrilled to death.  The pic came out nice and big and clear.  My sweatshirt is great.  The Christmas pic is very nice and the hoodie is coming in very handy here this winter.
Thanks again for your hard work.

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: February 02, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Klaas, GREAT JOB on the Bears mug.  DH was thrilled to death.  The pic came out nice and big and clear.  My sweatshirt is great.  The Christmas pic is very nice and the hoodie is coming in very handy here this winter.
Thanks again for your hard work.

Thanks Peaches!  Glad you like them!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #906 on: February 02, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »

Since it's slow, I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest a very cool Valentine's Day idea.

http://www.singingvalentines.com/

My DH and his quartet did one for me... at my office. It was very cool.  You might think it was corny but everyone else was jealous.  

Sweet Adelines also does this so you can have a girls quartet or guys.  

My barbershop plug for the day.

Expect a miracle.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: February 02, 2007, 10:38:12 AM »

I will pray for Art today and the people in Florida.I have seen what tornadoes can do.I have been troubled by the fact gvc äs sister played Natalee in the Dutch most wanted.This wrong,but so what is new in aruba.I have an opinion,as a cat,I smell guilt all over joran,guido and several others.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #908 on: February 02, 2007, 11:09:43 AM »

I will pray for Art today and the people in Florida.I have seen what tornadoes can do.I have been troubled by the fact gvc äs sister played Natalee in the Dutch most wanted.This wrong,but so what is new in aruba.I have an opinion,as a cat,I smell guilt all over joran,guido and several others.CAT

This is so?  Didn't know that...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: February 02, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

I'm not sure if GVC was in it but his sister definately was.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #910 on: February 02, 2007, 11:17:02 AM »

Just in case you monkeys think I am nuts.  I had previously told Art on the prayer thread that I would pray for her at that particular time.  I thought that perhaps we could start early.  Sometimes we aren't always available at the appointed time.  Sorry if I confused everyone.  I was tired and wasn't very clear.  I considered it a prayer chain of sorts.  I guess that was what I should have said.  No specific times for anyone, just prayer throughout the day.  We have several monkeys that need prayer and this is easy if you think somone else is praying along with you.  

Gosh! The tornadoes are terrible in Florida.  I live in a very tornado prone area myself and I have been there in the middle of a storm that leaves nothing but destruction in it's wake.  Really devastating.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: February 02, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

I'm not sure if GVC was in it but his sister definately was.

I did not know his sister was in the Dutch Most Wanted.  I'M PISSED Evil or Very Mad .
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: February 02, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

I just got a call from my sister.  she lives in Paisley/Deland area.  I had a hard time hearing her but I think she said they've had a couple more  tornadoes touch down in the past hour.  She and her family are fine but have had some damage.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: February 02, 2007, 11:21:07 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Just in case you monkeys think I am nuts.  I had previously told Art on the prayer thread that I would pray for her at that particular time.  I thought that perhaps we could start early.  Sometimes we aren't always available at the appointed time.  Sorry if I confused everyone.  I was tired and wasn't very clear.  I considered it a prayer chain of sorts.  I guess that was what I should have said.  No specific times for anyone, just prayer throughout the day.  We have several monkeys that need prayer and this is easy if you think somone else is praying along with you.  

Gosh! The tornadoes are terrible in Florida.  I live in a very tornado prone area myself and I have been there in the middle of a storm that leaves nothing but destruction in it's wake.  Really devastating.

Lala's,  your heart is in the right place.  I think its a great idea and will continue to send prayers and good wishes throughout the next few days too.

Maine, born and raised!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #914 on: February 02, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »

Whoa!  Did you just say that GVC's sister played Natalee in the reenactment?  How did I miss that???  Shocked  Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: February 02, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »

Whoa!  Did you just say that GVC's sister played Natalee in the reenactment?  How did I miss that???  Shocked  Shocked

Yep, that's what we were told at the time.

EDITED TO ADD - I didn't read correctly SHE DID NOT PLAY NATALEE, she was just in the reenactment.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #916 on: February 02, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »

@%#%@$&#^@%!!!!

Yes that is just what you think it is!  Have these people no shame?  Is there anything that is sacred to them?  I have been plopped down on a planet amidst utter insanity and chaos!!  Beam me up, Scotty!!  Please!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: February 02, 2007, 11:27:53 AM »

EDITED TO ADD - I didn't read correctly SHE DID NOT PLAY NATALEE, she was just in the reenactment.

I figured that she did not play Natalee because his sister looks just like GVC.

His sister should not have been in that reenactment at all.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #918 on: February 02, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »

Doesn't matter who or whom she portrayed...the sister of a SUSPECT or WITNESS or SOMETHING was in the reenactment.  I know resources are limited on Aruba, but even I would have more common sense than to let that happen. Rolling Eyes
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: February 02, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

O/T  sorry guys,  I am shocked,  11 deaths in the little town my sister lives in!  No wonder I had a hard time understanding her.

Lake County spokesman Christopher Patton confirmed the 14 deaths, 11 in Paisley and three in Lady Lake, both towns in Lake County about 50 miles northwest of Orlando. No further details were available.

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.