March 28, 2024, 05:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child's decaying body found in home for sale 5/14/10 Monument CO (Genesis Sims)  (Read 15411 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23675815/detail.html
Sheriff Seeks DNA Samples To Help ID Body Found In Crawl Space
Former Tenants Last Seen Living In Los Angeles Rescue Mission

May 25, 2010

Genesis Sims

MONUMENT, Colo. -- Investigators with the El Paso County Sheriff's office tell 7NEWS they've asked for DNA samples from relatives of Genesis Sims to see if that will help determine the identity of a body found in the crawl space of a townhome in Monument.

Work crews found the remains on May 14. The coroner determined that they belonged to a 7 - 10-year old female of undetermined race.
Neighbors told 7NEWS that 7-year old Genesis Sims lived in that home with her father, Hanif Sims, stepmother Monique Lynch and brother Davon about 1 1/2 years ago.

Neighbors said that when Genesis seemingly disappeared, they asked her parents what happened and were told that she had gone back to New Jersey to live with an aunt.

When asked if investigators found any relatives who could confirm that Genesis was still alive, Lt. Lari Sevene of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said, “I don’t have details specific to that.”

They apparently spoke to Genesis’ mother.

Jopeita Garretson, told KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that she hasn’t been able to sleep since investigators came to her home last week.

“I don’t need DNA to prove that’s my first born out there,” Garretson said. “I believe it’s her because ever since around December, Christmas time 2008, I just have had a weird feeling that something was wrong.”

Garretson told the station that she lost custody of her daughter in October of 2007.

“I wasn’t told of the court date,” she said. “I kept trying to get some court dates so I could get custody of her back.”

Sevene confirmed that detectives traveled to New Jersey and to California to look for Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch but said they have not been able to track them down.

Hanif Sims’ brother, Hassan, told 7NEWS that he last spoke with him two months ago.

“He never mentioned anything like that to me,” Hassan Sims said.

When told that we were just trying to confirm that Genesis is OK, Hassan replied, “Yeah, I want the same thing.”

Hassan Sims said the last he heard was that the couple was in the Long Beach area.

7NEWS has learned that Hanif Sims and Lynch spent several months in the Union Rescue Mission in downtown Los Angeles.

“They came to the mission on March 14, 2009, and left Dec. 9, 2009,” said mission CEO Andrew Bales. “They had a son, Davon, who was 12 when they came here and 13 when they left, and a little baby boy who was born the first month they were here.”

Shortly afterward, Lynch did an interview with the mission. While holding her infant son, she said, “I don’t think I’ve been able to appreciate that I have a new baby because of a situation that I’m in.”

She didn’t elaborate in the interview which can be seen on youtube.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 03:04:30 PM »

http://cbs4denver.com/news/monument.body.girl.2.1708407.html

An image of the home where the child's body was found.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/94877309.html?ref=309
UPDATE: "Witness" to Death Investigation Appears in Shelter Video
El Paso County
11 News has obtained a video interview with Monique Lynch, the woman investigators are looking to talk with in connection to a death investigation in Monument.
Posted: 5:20 PM May 25, 2010

LINKS to videos in article.

11 News has obtained a video interview with Monique Lynch, the woman investigators are looking to talk with in connection to a death investigation in Monument.

The video is an interview of Lynch talking with shelter employees in Los Angeles about why her family needed a place to stay.

The shelter director told 11 News Lynch and her partner Hanif Sims said they were in Los Angeles to get away from a "dangerous situation" on the east coast. Reportedly, Lynch and Sims also said they could not return to Colorado because Sims was the victim of a shooting and now suffers from post-traumatic stress.

The couple were reportedly staying at the shelter with two boys. Those kids were dropped off with friends of Lynch and Sims, and were supposed to be picked up by relatives.

Mug shots of the couple were released this week. Investigators have issued a national bulletin to all federal, state and county law enforcement officials, asking them to be on the lookout for Lynch and Sims. Both are 29 years old and are being called "witnesses to the case."

When the Los Angeles homeless shelter heard about the alert, they called the police to turn Lynch and Sims into authorities. But, by the time cops showed up to the couple's apartment, the pair was gone.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office has collected DNA samples from Lynch and Sims' family members to compare to DNA samples from the body of that little girl. An EPSO spokesperson told 11 News it will be weeks before the results of the DNA tests come back.

Sims and Lynch were former tenants of 764 Century Place in Monument, the house in which the body of a 7-10 year old girl was found last Friday.

The couple had two children at the time they were living at the home, a 12-year-old son and a 7-year-old daughter. The boy is Lynch's biological son, the girl is Sims' biological daughter.

Their 7-year-old girl was a student in School District 38. El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa says she was pulled out of school to be home-schooled in October of 2008. That's the last record they have of her.

Neighbors said the little girl disappeared one day. The couple reportedly said she was their "problem child" and was sent to live with family in New Jersey.

11 News has contacted some of the couple's family, but has not been able to find anyone who may have the little girl. Lynch's Aunt, Josephine Lynch, told 11 News her niece would never hurt a child. "Monique has aways been a loving caring mother," said Josephine Lynch.

Sheriff Maketa says investigators are in the process of talking to all other former tenants who lived at the house, except for this couple. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office had flown two investigators to New Jersey and two to California to look for Sims and Lynch, and to talk to their families.

Lynch is wanted on a drug charge in New Jersey and Sims is wanted for a weapons violation. Maketa says they're certain the two are not in Colorado and believe the two may be in California.

The body of the young girl was discovered in a crawl space of the vacant home Friday by contract workers. An autopsy of the body revealed the body was that of a 7-10 year old girl, but due to the condition of the remains, the coroner was unable to determine the identity, the manner and cause of death or the ethnicity.

Right now, investigators are still calling this case a "suspicious death." If this is in fact a homicide, it will be the first ever in Monument.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »

Just when I thought things couldn't get anymore disgusting: WTH?????????????????

NJ Officials Reported Abuse Of Monument Child
CALL7 Investigators Raise Questions About Why El Paso Human Services Didn't Act

Arthur Kane and John Ferrugia , CALL7 Investigators

POSTED: 1:18 pm MDT May 26, 2010
UPDATED: 4:41 pm MDT May 26, 2010

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23684840/detail.html

DENVER -- New Jersey authorities investigated a complaint that a child whose decomposing body police said was found in an abandoned Monument house was being abused by her father, CALL7 investigators have learned.

Despite the information, El Paso County Department of Human Services did not open a case on Genesis Sims, CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia uncovered.

Sources confirm the New Jersey child protection authorities filed a neglect and dependency case against Genesis’ father, investigating whether he was physically and emotionally abusing her.

Sources told Ferrugia that the father was putting the child's own feces and mouse droppings in her back pack before sending her to school, and the father told authorities it was to “teach her a lesson.”

New Jersey officials were about to take Genesis away from her parents but they moved to Colorado. The details of the New Jersey actions were reported to El Paso County, but it is unclear why El Paso County did not act.

There was also an Oct. 2, 2008, complaint of abuse against Genesis’ father in El Paso County. According to sources, a child protection worker went to the house and interviewed two children there. Genesis told the worker she wasn’t supposed to talk about them and her brother also said nothing.

The complaint was deemed “inconclusive” and El Paso County officials did not open a case.

Ferrugia also talked to Genesis’ biological mother Wednesday, confirming the New Jersey complaint. She said New Jersey officials told her they notified El Paso County about their abuse investigation.

After the October 2008 contact, El Paso County did not have any further interaction with the family and the family moved to Los Angeles in 2009.

El Paso County officials declined comment, citing privacy rules.

Earlier this month, Genesis’ body was found by workers remodeling a house where her parents previously lived, police have said.

Police are looking for the couple, Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch, who are believed to have left the state in March 2009 but police have said they are not considered suspects. Police want to talk to the couple about Genesis. Sims and Lynch have outstanding arrest warrants in New Jersey but neither is related to child abuse, authorities said.

The coroner is awaiting lab results before determining how Genesis died.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »

Well whaddya know?  More sorry a_ _ family with a child that should've been taken away from them.  Feces in the backpack should've been the one and ONLY warning sign needed.  I'm just sick.  This case sound familiar?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »

Although I believe it is Genesis, the article states they found her body.  I don't think that has been confirmed.
Rest with the Lord Genesis.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »

Although I believe it is Genesis, the article states they found her body.  I don't think that has been confirmed.
Rest with the Lord Genesis.

I think you are correct Sister.  From what I've been able to read, there has been no confirmation on the identity of the remains yet.  There are articles stating DNA was being sought from relatives of Genesis, which could be used to either rule out the remains as being Genesis's or used to confirm if it is indeed Genesis.  Either way, I hope the child's remains are identified and she can be laid to rest, and justice pursued. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »

No, it is not confirmed.

~~~~~~~~~~
NJ warrants out for couple sought in Colo. case
(AP) – 41 minutes ago

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A couple who rented a town house where a girl's body was found in a crawl space are wanted on unrelated warrants out of New Jersey.

El Paso County sheriff's officials have asked authorities nationwide to be on the lookout for Hanif Sims and Monica Lynch. They aren't officially calling the couple suspects in the Colorado case, but investigators have questions about the status of their children and their time living in Colorado.

Renovators found the body May 14 at the home in Monument, north of Colorado Springs. Investigators say the body appears to be that of a girl between ages 7 and 10.

Sims' daughter, Genesis, would have been 6 or 7 when the couple lived in Monument. Investigators say they were told two children lived with the couple there.

Andy Bales, who runs the United Rescue Mission in Los Angeles, has said the couple lived at the shelter last year with an infant and a teenage boy but left in December after the mission helped them get an apartment.

Lynch is wanted in New Jersey on a warrant for a probation violation, while Sims is wanted on an alleged weapons violation, El Paso County sheriff's officials said.

Sheriff's investigators said they have talked with friends, family and residents in homeless shelters in New Jersey and California to try to find the couple. They also have taken DNA samples to try to identify the body, but authorities said they would not release the results or identify who gave the samples.

Jopetia Garretson of Newark, N.J., told the Colorado Springs Gazette that she is Genesis' mother, and that El Paso County officials had told her they would return the child's cremated remains for a memorial if the DNA matches.

Garretson, 30, told the newspaper Sims gained custody of Genesis when the child was 15 months old.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gAT6OFCO6g5ODpLHU3h-mf8TwetAD9FV7J7O0

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »

New Jersey couple may have been investigated for child abuse
Comments 4 | Recommend 1
May 27, 2010 8:15 AM
JAKOB RODGERS
THE GAZETTE

A New Jersey couple who police have been searching for in connection to the death of a girl found in Monument had been investigated in their home state for possible child abuse, according to the Denver station, KMGH.

According to the station, Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch had been on the brink of losing the two children in their care when the family moved to Monument. The case was passed to the El Paso County Department of Human Services which never opened a case, the station reported.

A woman who says she's the mother the young girl said she is waiting anxiously for the chance to bring her oldest daughter’s remains to Newark, N.J., so that the family can hold a memorial.

Jopetia Garretson, 30, said El Paso County sheriff’s detectives have offered their help in getting the remains of Gensis Sims, whom she plans to have cremated, back to her family.

Their offer, though, will have to wait until DNA tests, which required a sample obtained last week from Garretson and could take several weeks, are completed, she said.

“It’s scary because I have to wait a little longer to have the answer … for something that I felt was wrong for a little more than a year now,” Garretson said Wednesday.  “It’s mind-boggling, it’s gut-busting. Literally, it’s killing me.”

On May 14, construction workers remodeling a vacant Monument townhome at 764 Century Place found a child’s body, since identified as a girl 7 to 10 years old. The body was decomposed and the autopsy could not determine the girl’s identity, cause of death or how long the child had been dead.

The case remains a “suspicious death” and has not yet been ruled a homicide.

Investigators, though, have focused much of their efforts on finding Sims and Lynch, who stayed at the house from late 2008 to early 2009.

They both had children when their relationship began. Lynch had a son, Davon, who is now about 13, and Sims had a daughter, Genesis, who born Jan. 19, 2001, from his relationship with Garretson,

Sims and Lynch also have a child, which was born in April 2009.

Lynch and Sims left Monument abruptly in early 2009. The couple and their teenage and infant sons, turned up in March at a homeless shelter in Los Angeles, according to Andy Bales, who runs the United Rescue Mission. They left the shelter in December 2009, after the mission helped the couple get their own apartment and rent assistance.

Sims and Lynch are believed to be on the run without their children, who were left at a friends’s home and have since been taken in by relatives, Bales said.

Garretson said she met Sims on Super Bowl Sunday in 2000 at a Newark sports bar. He walked out on her, she said, soon after Garretson told him she was pregnant.

Garretson said she cared for Genesis until she was about 15 months old. Hanif was given custody of their daughter because of “unfortunate problems” Garretson was having. She did not elaborate.

When Genesis was 3, custody was awarded to Hanif’s aunt, Garretson said. Hanif’s aunt and uncle played a large part in Genesis’ life during custody battles between Garretson and Sims.

“They’re grieving hard now,” Garretson said.

After Sims left New Jersey with Genesis, Garretson said tried unsuccessfully to regain custody. All she knew was that her daughter was in Colorado with Sims and Lynch.

Garretson now sits in her house, grieving and venting to neighbors. Her 5-year-old daughter — the middle child of three daughters — remembers Genesis.

“Pretty much when she’s by herself or even around my youngest daughter, who happens to resemble Genesis a lot, she becomes angry and withdrawn,” Garretson said.

Garretson plans to hold a memorial service June 19 in a small banquet hall.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/mother-99411-daughter-monument.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »

Colo. neighbors recall llittle girl of former NJ couple
P. SOLOMON BANDA • Associated Press Writer • May 29, 2010

MONUMENT, Colo. — Residents in this bedroom community north of Colorado Springs fear the body of a young girl found in the crawl space of a vacant home belongs to the same quiet and sweet child who once rode her bike and played with neighborhood children.

While residents wait for investigators to determine the dead girl's identity, authorities have launched a search for the house's former renters.

Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch, both 29, arrived at a Los Angeles homeless shelter in March 2009 after moving from the house. Sims' daughter, Genesis, was not with the couple even though she had been in their care in Monument.

The girl's biological mother, Jopetia Garretson, of Newark, N.J., told the Colorado Springs Gazette that Sims had custody and thought her daughter was in Colorado.

Authorities haven't officially said the couple are suspects, but they have questions about the status of their children and their time living in Colorado.

"At first, I was sad. Then I got mad," said Lillian Colton, who lives next door to the house. "You're supposed to take care of your kids, fight for your kids. You're not supposed to leave them."

Investigators have taken DNA samples to help identify the body found by renovators May 14 and were looking for Sims and Lynch. No missing persons report has been filed for Genesis.

"The department is not looking for her," El Paso County sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Lari Sevene said Friday of Genesis. "We're looking for the parents."

The couple showed up at the Union Rescue Mission's homeless shelter in Los Angeles' Skid Row with only their 12-year-old son, Devon, said Andy Bales, who runs the shelter. Lynch gave birth to a son in April 2009, about a month after arriving at the shelter, Bales said.

"I had nowhere to go, no family, no nothing," Lynch said in a video that Bales said was recorded for the shelter and posted on YouTube in October. "My life right now is unbearable every day. There's no day I can genuinely laugh or be happy that my (new) son is here."

Bales said the family was memorable, describing Sims and Lynch as outgoing and friendly. Sims stood at about 6-foot-5, Lynch at about 6 feet, and Devon, who turned 13 while living at the shelter, was about 6-foot tall and weighed about 200 pounds.

"I always teased him that I would be his agent," Bales said of Devon's potential sports career.

When Bales was threatened by somebody at the shelter, Sims stepped up and offered to "watch my back," Bales said. But sometime in the fall, Bales said Sims was barred from the shelter for what Bales described as a "tussle" between Sims and Lynch.

"We were concerned about that," Bales said, adding that police were notified. Los Angeles police said Sims was not arrested.

Bales said the couple moved out of the shelter in December and into a subsidized apartment. The couple later disappeared, leaving Devon and the now 1-year-old boy with relatives.

Both are wanted on unrelated warrants out of New Jersey. Lynch for a probation violation and Sims for an alleged weapons violation, El Paso County sheriff's officials said. Investigators have traveled to New Jersey and California to interview family, friends and people at homeless shelters but haven't said whether they've been able to account for Genesis.

Repeated attempts by The Associated Press to reach Garretson by phone and at an address listed for her in Orange, N.J. were unsuccessful. Messages left for Sims' and Lynch's family members were not immediately returned.

In Monument, a memorial of teddy bears, stuffed animals, candles, balloons and an angel figurine were left on the doorstep of the house where a child's body was found. Outside, children played in the street and rode their bicycles and skateboards in a small subdivision near town hall and the police station.

One group of children who used to play with Genesis was selling lemonade for 25-cents a cup.

"They had a son and daughter when they lived here," said Gabrielle Bearsheart, who lives across the street from the couple, said Genesis was a sweet girl who would smile at other children while waiting for a school bus on a corner. She would sometimes ride her bicycle and played in a backyard swing set in Bearsheart's yard, he said.

"When mom said, 'Come home,' she took off," Bearsheart said. "I thought that was strange. Mine would argue and ask for more time."
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20100529/UPDATES01/100529007/Colo.-neighbors-recall-llittle-girl-of-former-NJ-couple

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »

Child's body in Monument suspicious death identified
2010-07-06 18:13:01

Sheriff's investigators received confirmation today that the child's body found in May in the crawl space of a Monument townhome is that of 9-year-old Genesis Sims.

On May 14, construction workers remodeling a vacant Monument townhome at 764 Century Place found Sims' body. The body was decomposed and the autopsy completed in the days following the discovery could not determine the girl’s identity, cause of death or how long the child had been dead.

DNA samples were sent to a private lab and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

"The amount of time taken to obtain these results in no way delayed progress in this case. Investigators have followed several leads, and the investigation has continued despite awaiting lab results and other details in this case," the Sheriff's Office said in a release.

Detectives are seeking to interview the child's father Hanif Sims and his longtime girlfriend Monique Lynch, who moved out of the townhome in early 2009.

It is believed the pair were residents of the Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles from March until December 2009.

In the weeks after the discovery of the child's body, El Paso County sheriff’s investigators went to New Jersey, the couple’s home state, and California searching for Hanif Sims and Lynch.

The couple is still wanted for questioning in the case. Anyone with information regarding their whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 719-390-5555.

http://www.gazette.com/common/printer/view.php?db=colgazette&id=101230

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »

Arrest warrants issued for father of girl found dead in Monument townhome

July 07, 2010 8:12 AM
JAKOB RODGERS
THE GAZETTE
Two arrest warrants have been issued for Hanif Sims, the father of the little girl whose body was found in May in the basement of a Monument house.

Sims is being sought for second degree assault, a felony, as well as misdemeanor child abuse, according to Lt. Lari Sevene, spokeswoman with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Sevene stressed, though, that she is still awaiting word on the warrants’ relation to the discovery of the little girl.

On May 14, construction workers renovating the basement of a townhome in the 700 block of Century Place in Monument found the badly decomposed body of a small girl. DNA test results released Tuesday identified the body as that of Genesis Sims, 9.

Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch had lived in the townhome a year and a half ago, but moved out in early 2009. It is believed the pair were since residents of the Union Rescue Mission homeless shelter in Los Angeles from March until December 2009.

In the weeks after the discovery of the child's body, El Paso County sheriff’s investigators went to New Jersey, the couple’s home state, and California searching for Hanif Sims and Lynch.

The cause and manner of the girl's death have yet to be determined, pending further test results, Sevene said.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/sims-101241-girl-arrest.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »

I wonder how long it took them to come up with this one>>

Couple: We Buried 9-Year-Old Girl In Basement
Father, Girlfriend Says They Found Genesis Sims Dead In Shower

UPDATED: 11:53 am MDT July 7, 2010
MONUMENT, Colo. -- A couple has admitted to a local television station that they buried their 9-year-old daughter in the basement crawl space of a Monument home, saying they found her dead in the shower.

The sheriff's office on Tuesday confirmed that the body found in the home on May 14 by workers renovating the vacant home is Genesis Sims.

Genesis' biological father, Hanif Sims, and her stepmother, Monique Lynch, gave an exclusive telephone interview to KRDO reporter Tak Landrock on Tuesday, saying they wanted to share their side of the story before turning themselves in to police.

"I don't want to be labeled as no murderer," said Lynch. "I just want to be able to get a fair chance to tell my side of the story."

Lynch said she and Sims are currently in Los Angeles.

El Paso County sheriff's detectives have issued an arrest warrant for Sims. He is wanted for child abuse causing bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon.

Lynch said she found the girl lying in the running shower after the couple returned home from dropping by a neighbor's house for about 10 minutes.

“She was just lying there,” Lynch said about that December day.

"She wasn't under no water or nothing like that. The shower was still running and she was just lying there," the girlfriend said.

"If she slipped in the tub, I would've saw something --- a knot or something. I didn't see anything. All I saw was Genesis lifeless," Lynch added.

The girlfriend said they couldn't find a pulse and the girl had turned blue.

"My husband tried to give her mouth to mouth…but she was blue," Lynch said.

They laid the girl's body on a bed in the master bedroom.

"We just sat there and stared at her for at least two days," Lynch said, describing their state as "just totally unbelievable shock."

Then the couple decided to bury the girl in the basement.

"We put flowers. We prayed," Lynch said of the basement burial.

"The only thing ... is really that society says we have to inform you or call the police and tell them that something happen to our child or whatever."

The station said it interviewed Hanif Sims, too. But only Lynch's recorded comments were aired Tuesday night.

KRDO said it will air the couple's explanation for why they didn't call authorities at 10 p.m. Wednesday.

The station said investigators are interested in KRDO's interviews with the couple.

Neighbors have told 7NEWS the couple said Genesis had been sent to live with an aunt back east.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia uncovered in late May that New Jersey authorities had previously investigated a complaint that Hanif Sims was physically and emotionally abusing Genesis. Sources confirmed that New Jersey child protection authorities filed a neglect and dependency case against Genesis’ father.

Sources told Ferrugia that the father was putting the child's own feces and mouse droppings in her backpack before sending her to school. The father told authorities it was to “teach her a lesson.”

New Jersey officials were about to take Genesis away from the couple, but they moved to Colorado. The details of the New Jersey actions were reported to El Paso County, but it is unclear why El Paso County did not act.

There was also an Oct. 2, 2008, complaint of abuse against Genesis’ father in El Paso County. According to sources, a child protection worker went to the house and interviewed two children there. Genesis told the worker she wasn’t supposed to talk about her parents and her brother also said nothing.

The complaint was deemed “inconclusive” and El Paso County officials did not open a case.

Sims and Lynch eventually left Colorado for Southern California, where officials have said they've become homeless. Investigators have been unable to locate them.

KRDO said it confirmed that the couple that called the TV station was Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch, because the pair knew information the station has uncovered about the case that authorities have not made public.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/24170439/detail.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:33 AM »

I wonder how long it took them to come up with this one>>

Couple: We Buried 9-Year-Old Girl In Basement
Father, Girlfriend Says They Found Genesis Sims Dead In Shower

UPDATED: 11:53 am MDT July 7, 2010
MONUMENT, Colo. -- A couple has admitted to a local television station that they buried their 9-year-old daughter in the basement crawl space of a Monument home, saying they found her dead in the shower.

The sheriff's office on Tuesday confirmed that the body found in the home on May 14 by workers renovating the vacant home is Genesis Sims.

Genesis' biological father, Hanif Sims, and her stepmother, Monique Lynch, gave an exclusive telephone interview to KRDO reporter Tak Landrock on Tuesday, saying they wanted to share their side of the story before turning themselves in to police.

"I don't want to be labeled as no murderer," said Lynch. "I just want to be able to get a fair chance to tell my side of the story."

Lynch said she and Sims are currently in Los Angeles.

El Paso County sheriff's detectives have issued an arrest warrant for Sims. He is wanted for child abuse causing bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon.

Lynch said she found the girl lying in the running shower after the couple returned home from dropping by a neighbor's house for about 10 minutes.

“She was just lying there,” Lynch said about that December day.

"She wasn't under no water or nothing like that. The shower was still running and she was just lying there," the girlfriend said.

"If she slipped in the tub, I would've saw something --- a knot or something. I didn't see anything. All I saw was Genesis lifeless," Lynch added.

The girlfriend said they couldn't find a pulse and the girl had turned blue.

"My husband tried to give her mouth to mouth…but she was blue," Lynch said.

They laid the girl's body on a bed in the master bedroom.

"We just sat there and stared at her for at least two days," Lynch said, describing their state as "just totally unbelievable shock."

Then the couple decided to bury the girl in the basement.

"We put flowers. We prayed," Lynch said of the basement burial.

"The only thing ... is really that society says we have to inform you or call the police and tell them that something happen to our child or whatever."

The station said it interviewed Hanif Sims, too. But only Lynch's recorded comments were aired Tuesday night.

KRDO said it will air the couple's explanation for why they didn't call authorities at 10 p.m. Wednesday.

The station said investigators are interested in KRDO's interviews with the couple.

Neighbors have told 7NEWS the couple said Genesis had been sent to live with an aunt back east.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia uncovered in late May that New Jersey authorities had previously investigated a complaint that Hanif Sims was physically and emotionally abusing Genesis. Sources confirmed that New Jersey child protection authorities filed a neglect and dependency case against Genesis’ father.

Sources told Ferrugia that the father was putting the child's own feces and mouse droppings in her backpack before sending her to school. The father told authorities it was to “teach her a lesson.”

New Jersey officials were about to take Genesis away from the couple, but they moved to Colorado. The details of the New Jersey actions were reported to El Paso County, but it is unclear why El Paso County did not act.

There was also an Oct. 2, 2008, complaint of abuse against Genesis’ father in El Paso County. According to sources, a child protection worker went to the house and interviewed two children there. Genesis told the worker she wasn’t supposed to talk about her parents and her brother also said nothing.

Sims and Lynch eventually left Colorado for Southern California, where officials have said they've become homeless. Investigators have been unable to locate them.

KRDO said it confirmed that the couple that called the TV station was Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch, because the pair knew information the station has uncovered about the case that authorities have not made public.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/24170439/detail.html

This is BS and they know it. Anyone who would be so cold to  put "feces" and mouse droppings in a childs bag to teach her a lesson is evil. I hope they both rot in hell. If they had nothing to hide they wouldn't have run either. The atrocities this child faced is truly disgusting. Let these bottom feeders feed on the feces and mouse droppings. <insert very angry monkey>

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

Monument couple arrested in Nevada
by Rachel Welte 
Posted: 07.07.2010 at 6:19 PM

COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. -- FOX21 News has confirmed that Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch have been taken into custody in Henderson Nevada. They were arrested around 11:30 Wednesday morning.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office has been looking for the two since a child's body was found in a crawl space in a home they once rented in Monument.

Officals have confirmed that the body found is that of Sims' biological daughter, Genesis Sims.

A warrant was issued for Sims on June 4, for assault and child abuse.
http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=479854

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »

I kinda figured this >>> (Not real bright are they??)

A Facebook message led investigators to a couple who had custody of a girl whose body was found in a vacant Colorado home, authorities said Thursday.
Hanif Sims and his girlfriend, Monique Lynch, both 29, were arrested Wednesday in Henderson, Nev. El Paso County investigators had been looking for the couple since the body of 9-year-old Genesis Sims was found May 14 in the crawl space of a town home in Monument, about 50 miles south of Denver.

The couple moved out of the home early last year. Investigators believed that Sims and Lynch lived in a Los Angeles homeless shelter from March until December 2009.

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa said detectives tracked a message the couple wrote to a Colorado Springs TV station back to a motel. He said the two were sleeping when Henderson police arrived at the motel.

An arrest warrant was issued for Sims in June for suspected second-degree assault and misdemeanor child abuse. Deputy Teresa Murphy said a warrant was being prepared for Lynch for suspected child abuse resulting in death.

Murphy said both warrants will be sealed and declined to comment further.

The sheriff's department is trying to extradite the couple, Murphy said. Lynch was arrested on a probation violation out of New Jersey, and it's unclear if she would be sent there first.

Maketa said so far, the couple have cooperated with investigators. "We're getting some good information that helps us fill in the blanks in this case," he said.

Investigators had been looking for Lynch and Sims since construction workers found the child's body. Authorities said Tuesday that tests had identified the body as that of Genesis Sims. The cause of death hasn't been determined.

A couple claiming to be Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch told KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that they found Genesis unconscious in the bathroom and hid her body after having a ceremony with prayers and flowers.

KRDO-TV reported the couple called the station Monday, saying they wanted to give their side of the story before turning themselves in. The station said it confirmed their identities using details from its investigation into the case.

The woman claiming to be Lynch said the couple moved Genesis to a bed and tried giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. She said they decided to bury her in the crawl space two days later.

The couple's two other children weren't with the couple when they were arrested. Lt. Lari Sevene of the sheriff's department said the couple left the children with a friend in California and the boys were later taken by the California Department of Human Services.

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4292170

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 08:22:33 AM »

In this booking photo provided by the Henderson Nevada Police Department, Monique Lynch is shown.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/08/AR2010070805148.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »

Facebook -- cool!

A simple call to 911 would have been so easy -- but only, of course, if they were innocent.  I don't think so.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »

snip Cartfly's comment above:

This is BS and they know it. Anyone who would be so cold to  put "feces" and mouse droppings in a childs bag to teach her a lesson is evil. I hope they both rot in hell. If they had nothing to hide they wouldn't have run either. The atrocities this child faced is truly disgusting. Let these bottom feeders feed on the feces and mouse droppings. <insert very angry monkey>

totally agree with you Cartfly!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »

http://www.gazette.com/articles/death-102057-arrested-child.html
Couple arrested in child's death in El Paso County jail

July 26, 2010

A couple arrested in the death of a young girl whose body was found in the crawl space of the family's former home in Monument are in the El Paso County jail after being extradited this weekend from Nevada.
Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch were extradited Saturday from Henderson, Nev., where they were arrested earlier this month

Sims is accused of child abuse resulting in death and second-degree assault. He is being held on $750,000 bond.

Lynch also is accused of child abuse resulting in death and is being held on a $500,000 bond.

On May 14, construction workers renovating the basement of a townhome in the 700 block of Century Place in Monument found the decomposed body of a small girl. DNA test results released Tuesday identified the body as that of Sims' 9-year-old daughter, Genesis.

The cause and manner of the girl’s death hasn’t been determined, however, pending further test results.

Genesis attended second grade at Palmer Lake Elementary School, according to Lewis-Palmer School District 38 records. She was enrolled for six weeks but spent “much less time than that” attending class, and she was taken out of school in October 2008 after her parents said they wanted to start home-schooling.

Sims and his girlfriend or wife, Lynch, moved out of the townhome in early 2009, and it is believed they lived at Union Rescue Mission homeless shelter in Los Angeles from March until December.

Both have warrants for their arrest in their home state of New Jersey.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.