March 28, 2024, 04:57:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child's decaying body found in home for sale 5/14/10 Monument CO (Genesis Sims)  (Read 15410 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »

This is so sickening.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 05:28:47 PM »

Aug 4, 2010 2:45 pm US/Mountain
Girlfriend Charged With Murder In Death Of Girl

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) ― The girlfriend of the father of a 9-year-old girl whose body was found in a vacant home faces a first-degree murder charge.
Hanif Sims and Monique Lynch appeared in El Paso County district court Wednesday where prosecutors advised a judge of the charge.

Sims is charged with child abuse resulting in death, concealing a body and tampering with evidence. Lynch faces the same charges in addition to murder.

Sims and Lynch, both 29, were arrested last month in Henderson, Nev. They were sought after the body of Sims' daughter, Genesis, was found May 14 in the crawl space of a town home in Monument, Colo., which is about 50 miles south of Denver.

The couple moved out of the home early last year.
http://cbs4denver.com/wireapnewsco/Girlfriend.charged.with.2.1843081.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »

Thanks Nut for the update.
Hope all is well with you.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 06:35:19 AM »

Monique Lynch affidavit: Woman may have buried alive 9-year-old who soiled herself

By Michael Roberts, Thu., Aug. 5 2010 @ 7:32AM Comments (2)
The case against Monique Lynch and Hanif Sims, who were returned to Colorado from Nevada after contractors discovered the body of Sims's nine-year-old daughter, Genesis, in the basement of a Monument home where they once lived, was already shocking. But a just-released document only ups the ante.

It seems that .

The Monique Lynch arrest warrant notes that on May 14, the Monument Police Department were called to a unit at 764 Century Place in regard to a body found in the crawlspace by contractors replacing a sump pump. The corpse was about thirty inches down in a trash bag pulled over a second bag made of burlap.

The medical examiner determined that the victim was between seven and ten years of age, weighed about 43 pounds, and wore socks, jeans, underwear, a T-shirt and "a friendship-type wristband" on her left wrist. Her state of decay was so advanced that the coroner's office couldn't immediately be sure she was African-American.

Before long, cops determined that Monique Lynch and Hanif Sims had lived in the home between November 2008 and February 2009. They had two kids -- Devon Lynch and Genesis Sims. Devon was subsequently tracked down in foster care; he said he'd last seen Genesis in 2008 on her birthday. He was later told she'd been shipped back to New Jersey to live with her biological mother, the affidavit says.

Devon also identified the burlap bag as the type Lynch used for laundry.

At that point, the search for Lynch and Sims intensified -- but authorities weren't the first to find them. Instead, the credit goes to KRDO reporter Tak Landrock, who tracked them down via a Facebook page. Lynch had told him she'd returned to her home after a visit with a friend to find Sims dead in a shower. She added that Sims had performed CPR on her, but it was too late. So they had a "memorial service" for the girl and buried her in the crawlspace. Lynch "said she had left flowers on the grave," the affidavit notes.

But after Lynch and Sims were arrested in Henderson, Nevada on outstanding warrants, Sims gave detectives a very different account.

On the day of Genesis's death, the affidavit states, "Genesis Sims had soiled herself and Monique Lynch became upset and began 'beating' her with a belt. Hanif said he told Monique to stop... she had disciplined Genesis enough."

After that, Sims says he went to the store to buy some cigarettes -- and upon his return, he found Lynch and Genesis in the bathtub. Genesis was dead, he said.

Lynch denied that, according to the affidavit, branding Sims a "liar." She stuck to the shower story, and maintained that she hadn't called the cops because they're "racist."

The next day, Sims was re-interviewed, and his story shifted yet again, the affidavit says. This time, Genesis was still breathing shallowly when he returned to the home -- so he told Monique to call 911. However, "Monique told him 'no' because she was wanted on a warrant for her arrest and she was pregnant with another child and could not afford to go to jail." Sims admitted he believed "that if medical had responded when they should have called, Genesis would be alive today."

And then, the affidavit's capper:

Hanif Sims stated that he and Monique Sims stayed in a bedroom with a shallow breathing Genesis Sims for two days before Monique Lynch placed the victim into the multi-colored burlap bag, then placed that bag into a black trash bag.
Hanif Sims stated that he carried the bag into the crawl space, where he and Monique together dug the hole that the body was buried in. Hanif Sims never provided that the victim stopped her shallow breathing prior to being placed in the bag and buried.

Lynch has been charged with first-degree murder, while Sims is facing allegations of concealing a body and tampering with evidence. He faces up to 51 years in prison.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/08/monique_lynch_affidavit_woman_may_have_buried_9-year-old_who_soiled_herself_alive.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »

Awful.  Just awful.  Young Genesis was severely beaten and buried alive.     These are things that are nightmares, and shouldn't be what a nine year old girl should face.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

Awful.  Just awful.  Young Genesis was severely beaten and buried alive.     These are things that are nightmares, and shouldn't be what a nine year old girl should face.   

this is horrifying ! that poor baby! too bad they don't do the same thing to her murderers that they did to her! justice!

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »

This is an awful, awful case. Genesis needed to be removed from these two monsters. She never had a chance with them.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 05:40:18 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:08:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.