March 19, 2024, 01:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Oz's Fridge Makeover:Your Kitchen Can Help You Lose Weight  (Read 2431 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »

Hello Monkey's,

I was puzzled where to post Dr. Ozs fridge makeover...hymm...since he is on TV, maybe this will be OK. I feel this is important
because it seem all those snacks or treats call your name when you go shopping.   

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/05/10/dr-ozs-fridge-makeover-your-kitchen-can-help-you-lose-weight/?ncid=webmaildl3

Dr. Oz's Fridge Makeover: Your Kitchen Can Help You Lose Weight
Posted on May 10th 2010 12:00PM by Norine Dworkin-McDaniel

Take a peek in your pantry and fridge. What do you see? Chips maybe? Crackers? Cheese puffs? What's that hiding way in the back of the freezer? Frozen pizzas? Ice cream?

Here's the thing about having all that stuff squirreled away in your kitchen: If it's there, you're going to eat it. And that doesn't get you any closer to modeling that new bikini this summer. "You can't keep bad foods in the house and expect that you won't give in to temptation. That's not realistic," said Dr. Mehmet Oz, a.k.a America's favorite physician and the host of "The Dr. Oz Show."

So, what should you do with all that junk? Grab a garbage bag, because it's got to go. "Biology will always trump willpower, so you want to make sure you don't set yourself up to fail," said Dr. Oz. "In my home, we go by the 80/20 Rule. Eighty percent of what's in the refrigerator and pantry are good wholesome foods, and 20 percent are treats that my family and I eat once...

snip

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.