April 25, 2024, 05:20:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salvation Army & Islam  (Read 1814 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 20, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »

I caught this bit in the news -

FEMA: Sorry photog asked faith shirts be removed

By EMILY WAGSTER PETTUS (AP) – 1 day ago

JACKSON, Miss. — The top officer for FEMA said one of the agency's videographers was "absolutely wrong" to ask Mississippi church volunteers not to wear religious T-shirts for a video about tornado cleanup.

Angelia Lott and Pamela Wedgeworth, who are sisters, told The Associated Press that the FEMA worker videotaping the cleanup on Saturday in the small town of Ebenezer asked them to do on-camera interviews but requested that they change out of their T-shirts because of a Salvation Army logo.

"He said, 'We would like to ask you to change your shirt because we don't want anything faith-based,'" Lott said Tuesday.

Lott said she asked him why he didn't want to feature faith groups.

"All he said was, 'We've done that hundreds of times,'" Lott said.

more here - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ihes1WKSwJEJxBrRMqTDLrxgX3QAD9FPLK5O0

For some reason, when disaster strikes, the Salvation Army responds.  Many other volunteer organizations respond too.  Publicity helps to raise money, and prepare these organizations for the next time of need.

What of Islam?  It seems like Islamic groups want to build mosques at ground zero.   

Some groups pitch in and lend a hand, other groups build monuments to themselves.

There are folks that build great nations, and others that destroy them.

The nation, and world needs more builders.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »

Why didn't the news crew find some folks without organization or faith based t-shirts to interview?

Were there any folks in plain clothing helping out?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.