March 28, 2024, 05:05:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irene Porras 54 yo, Houston, TX Last Seen 8/13/10  (Read 6739 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:36 PM »

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-irene-porras-missing-story,0,7087583.story
Woman Missing, Foul Play Suspected

Missing: Irene Porras, 54

OUSTON — Crime Stoppers issued a plea for help Thursday, asking anyone with information about Houston woman missing since August to come forward.

Irene Porras, 54, was last seen on Aug. 13 at about 10:20 p.m. in the 12300 block of De Forest St. near Bammel North Houston, officials said. It is unknown what type of clothing she was wearing.

According to investigators, Porras' cell phone was found by a construction worker one week later near the 15700 block of Eastex Freeway -- 17 miles from her home. The cell phone was broken.

Investigators believe there may be criminal activity related to her disappearance.

Texas Equusearch began looking for Porras on Aug. 28 in Humble. Volunteers on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicles have combed the area to no avail.

"We have been working the case actively. Even as recently as the last week, I've been out looking myself," said Frank Black with Texas Equusearch. "The family called us immediately when they found out about the cell phone being found. The family asked us to stay on the case and continue looking for her, and we have."

Officials said Porras has not contacted anyone, including her children, friends or family members. Those closest to Porras told investigators this is out of character for her and that she usually maintains contact with them.

"I'm really proud of the way the [ Harris County] Sheriff's Office is handling this," Black said. "They're scraping after every crumb of information they can get to find this woman and get this family some answers. There's a lot of people out there who love her."

Porras is an Hispanic female. She weighs 110 pounds and is about 5 feet 2 inches tall. She has brown hair, brown eyes and a large mole on the left rear side of her neck.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information that helps investigators solve this case. If you have seen Porras since her disappearance, or if you have any information on her whereabouts, contact Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-8477. All tipsters remain anonymous. Texas Equusearch can be reached at (281) 309-9500.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »

There is a missing poster here >
http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/PorrasIrene.pdf

I do not know how to get pdf pix in here.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »

Irene Alvarez Porras, 54, was last seen about 9 p.m. Aug. 13 in the 12300 block of De Forrest near Bammel North Houston, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office

Porras was wearing a white T-shirt and sweat pants.

She is described as 5 feet 2 inches tall and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff's Office Missing Persons Unit at 713-755-7427.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7171068.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:32:39 AM »

Ummmmmm......Faith brought this to my attention at HFTM....

Female remains found in barrel in N. Harris County TX
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8854.0

still no new info on the above, but the distance between the two spots is APX. 8 miles.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=7500+Split+Oak+Court,+Houston,+TX+to+Bammel+North+Houston+Rd.,+Houston,+TX&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Porchlight
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »

Search intensifies for missing local womanSaturday, December 18, 2010
Irene Porras has been missing since August

Tags:local
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Volunteers have intensified the search for a missing mother who vanished over the summer.

Related Content
Story: Foul play suspected in woman's disappearance

More: Got a story idea? Let us know!
Irene Porras was last seen around Bammel North Houston and Veterans Memorial in northwest Harris County. Members of Texas Equusearch returned to the area Saturday to search on foot and with ATVs. They've been looking for Porras since she disappeared on August 14.

"We've been eliminating places as we go by and find information and pretty much things are concentrated on this particular area we're looking at today," said.

A construction worker found Porras' broken cell phone a week after she went missing. Police have suggested Porras was a victim of foul play, but they don't have any suspects.

(Copyright ©2010 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...ocal&id=7851823

"If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth." The late, great Roberto Clemente.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.