April 19, 2024, 06:09:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victorville mother charged with starving son to death - CA  (Read 5954 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 21, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »

Victorville mother charged with starving son to death
By Melissa Pinion-Whitt
Created: 05/20/2010 10:02:56 AM PDT

A Victorville woman is behind bars on suspicion of murder for leaving her son so malnourished that he died at a hospital, sheriff's officials said today.
Rosondra Clay, 29, was arrested May 12 and booked into West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. She was held in lieu of $1 million bail.

San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies said 5-year-old Kevin Baldwin, who had cerebral palsy, was found not breathing in the 15800 block of Green Hill Drive on July 3, 2008.

Firefighters took him to a hospital where he died.

Detectives from the sheriff's Crimes Against Children detail investigated the child's death. An autopsy determined the child died of severe malnutrition due to neglect.

http://**/ci_15125687?source=most_viewed

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »

Mother arrested in child's 2008 death

Authorities: Boy who could not feed himself died of malnutrition
May 20, 2010 10:05 AM

May 20, 2010 10:05 AM
VICTORVILLE • Almost two years after his death, the mother of a 5-year-old boy was arrested and charged for his murder, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department officials said.

An autopsy revealed Kevin Baldwin, who suffered from cerebral palsy, died from severe malnutrition due to neglect.
“In Kevin’s condition, he required feeding,” Cindy Beavers, spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department said.

“Someone had to feed him slowly in order for him to swallow the food. So there was a lot of patience required and his mother was his primary caregiver.”

The District Attorney’s officer filed charges of murder against 29-year-old Rosondra Clay of Victorville on May 7 for the death of Kevin Baldwin in July 2008 and issued a warrant for her arrest. Deputies arrested her last week.
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/victorville-19342-arrested-child.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 07:08:32 AM »

Mother charged in death of 5-year-old son
Stacia Glenn, Staff Writer
Posted: 05/20/2010 04:02:49 PM PDT

Kevin Baldwin was 5 years old when he starved to death, according to authorities.
The little boy suffered from cerebral palsy and relied upon his mother to feed him, something San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators say she didn't bother to do.

Kevin's aunt called 9-1-1 on July 3, 2008, to report that the boy had stopped breathing. He was pronounced dead a half-hour later at Victor Valley Hospital.

"There was a very extensive investigation into what led to his death," said sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller. "The autopsy results pretty much spelled it out. He was very underweight."

This week, prosecutors charged 29-year-old Rosondra Clay with her son's murder. She remains jailed at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga on $1 million bail.

Investigators spent two years sifting through Kevin's medical records and interviewing everyone who was part of the boy's life.

Child Protective Services workers seized Clay's two youngest children from her the day Kevin died. Those children did not show signs of neglect.

"They have not been given back to the mother," Miller said.

If convicted, Clay faces 25 years to life in prison.

http://**/california/ci_15128531

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »

Mother charged in death of 5-year-old son
Stacia Glenn, Staff Writer
Posted: 05/20/2010 04:02:49 PM PDT

Kevin Baldwin was 5 years old when he starved to death, according to authorities.
The little boy suffered from cerebral palsy and relied upon his mother to feed him, something San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators say she didn't bother to do.

Kevin's aunt called 9-1-1 on July 3, 2008, to report that the boy had stopped breathing. He was pronounced dead a half-hour later at Victor Valley Hospital.

"There was a very extensive investigation into what led to his death," said sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller. "The autopsy results pretty much spelled it out. He was very underweight."

This week, prosecutors charged 29-year-old Rosondra Clay with her son's murder. She remains jailed at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga on $1 million bail.

Investigators spent two years sifting through Kevin's medical records and interviewing everyone who was part of the boy's life.

Child Protective Services workers seized Clay's two youngest children from her the day Kevin died. Those children did not show signs of neglect.

"They have not been given back to the mother," Miller said.

If convicted, Clay faces 25 years to life in prison.

http://**/california/ci_15128531

Starved to death . . . what agony for this precious child!
I still say, whatever these POS do when the commit abuse and/or murder should be done to them.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »

I would have gladly taken him....Poor little boy.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »

I would have gladly taken him....Poor little boy.
Tracygirl, that's the pity.  Parents who are in or get in over their heads won't admit it.  There are lots of people who would lovingly had care for this precious child.  As you know, children and people with special needs are just that . . . special.
You are a wonderful mother and there are many more like you . . . unfortunately, we don't read about you . . . we read and cry over little people like Kevin.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.