April 26, 2024, 01:52:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A message from Wall St's Front Man?  (Read 1342 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:59 AM »

Mr. Obama, who was quick to claim victory, said that “over the last year, the financial industry has repeatedly tried to end this reform with hordes of lobbyists and millions of dollars in ads.”

“And when they couldn’t kill it, they tried to water it down with special interest loopholes and carve-outs aimed at undermining real change,” Mr. Obama said in his brief remarks at the Rose Garden of the White House, as he claimed victory over the strong Wall Street lobby that was against the Bill.

How about those White House leaks?

What about that watered down audit of the Federal Reserve?

Did they return to Glass-Steagall common sense?

Did they end the derivatives, CDOs, naked selling?

End the bailout game on Wall Street?

“The reform I sign will not stifle the power of the free market — it will simply bring predictable, responsible, sensible rules into the marketplace. Unless your business model is based on bilking your customers and skirting the law, you should have nothing to fear from this legislation,” he said.

So, the Federal Reserve has nothing to fear from this legislation?

How about the millions of Americans that have been let down again by Washington and the White House? 

Where is the robust audit of the Fed's activities?  Transparency?  Is 'transparency' the new/old buzz world for 'Dewy, Cheatem & Howe?

How's that job rotation?

“Last month, we added jobs — the fourth straight month of job growth and the largest increase in four years. We’re working closely with our G20 partners around the world to ensure that growth is balanced and sustained,” said the U.S. President.

Translation - no jobs for Americans.  No money, no prosperity, just massive debt to stimulate dictators, foreign business, foreign nations, big global players...

No jobs for Main Street.

more here - http://beta.thehindu.com/news/international/article435008.ece

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:46 AM »

“To Main Street, this Bill says: you no longer have to fear that your savings, your retirement or your home are at the mercy of greedy gamblers in big banks. And it says to them: never again will you be asked to bail out those big banks when they lose their risky bets,” he said.

What does this really mean? 

You no longer have to fear for your saving and retirement?  You'll still have $100 but it will be worthless.  It used to buy weekly groceries for your family, tomorrow it won't buy a tooth pick.

Your home?  Don't worry about the neighborhood, we're giving away houses to illegal aliens, millions will soon come to a neighborhood near you.  Don't worry about if they can afford the homes, we have liar loans, and loan payments based on income, so if they go on welfare, or stay on welfare and never work, they can afford to live in the neighborhood you built with your labor and sacrifice.

Government will create a bailout fund and some time in the future, it will prolly run out of it's own money and need a little/big help from taxpayers.  No need to worry, we'll just print money, and borrow, so your great, great, great grandchildren will have something to work for - paying off Super Obama's debt slavery.

Never worry for the future, Super Obama's writing your slave papers now!!!  For future generations too.

JMHO

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.