May 01, 2024, 04:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Advice Needed  (Read 16430 times)
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

Quote from: "pdh3"
I have a good friend who has a daughter, and a stepson. When the stepson was 13, he molested his half-sister, who was 2 and a half at the time.  She told her mom that her brother had hurt her bottom, and my friend, who was beside herself, told her husband, the boy's father, called social services, and called her pediatrician to have her baby checked out. The pediatrician advised her that the little girl would suffer no trauma due to her age. He did not think she would remember it. The boy received counseling, and all involved felt that he was just curious and not a pedophile.  Confused
katysmom......Have the baby checked, as bad as that seems. There might be more to it, and there might not be. You need to know if she has been abused. I hate to point that out, but you need try to find out as much as you can. Call the pediatrician and get her in ASAP again. Can your son get an emergency hearing for custody? He can find that out from his lawyer I guess. This is a dangerous situation for a baby to be in. She is not safe, on any level, in that kind of environment.
I hope I'm not offending you or making you mad, but when people drink like that, they cannot be responsible adults, and children get harmed in many different ways.
Your former daughter-in-law needs an intervention, then a trip to rehab.

Of course you are not offending me or making me mad.  I reached out to all monkeys for any type of advice any one of you may have about this situation.  
I called Social Services at 9:00 am this morning, told them everything I knew and gave them all information they asked for.  Unfortunately, when I asked if I would be hearing back from them, the answer was "no", they can't give out information about any investigation to me or even if there will be an investigation.
My son did call his lawyer and was told to go to his office right away.  He had to be to work at 2:00pm, so I guess he went straight to work from the attorneys office and I haven't heard back from him.  I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
I agree with Pdh3,

for peace of mind, have her checked out.

When we had her into the doctor office earlier this week, he did check that aspect.  There were no visable signs.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
I agree with Pdh3,

When we had her into the doctor office earlier this week, he did check that aspect.  There were no visable signs.

That in itself is very good news indeed. I am so glad this little girl is getting better care than she was.

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
I agree with Pdh3,

Thank goodness for that. I was so worried. Your pediatrician sounds like a very thorough Doctor.
I'm also glad your son is taking immediate action.  Your grandbaby is going to be fine, because she has family looking out for her. You are doing the right thing, as hard as it may be. You have to protect that little girl.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »

I thought everyone would like an update on my situation.  I have been here lurking on and off but have not been saying a lot.  My whole world has come crashing down upon me and I'm at a loss.  A few weeks after my son took custody of his baby the mother started sweet talking him and they got back together.  My first thought was that with my son would see to it that they would go to counseling together.  Boy, was I wrong.  I went to visit them and they wouldn't answer the door.  I drove the 30+ miles back home and tried calling them.  It took them 4 days before they would take my call.  My son informed me that he was no longer going to allow me to control their lives and 'they' thought it best if the baby has no contact with me.  I haven't seen her since March.  I contacted my lawyer and he told me that as long as both parents are together, I cannot enforce my grandparents rights.  Mother's day is coming up and It is going to be the worst ever.
Again I want to thank all you monkeys for your support.  You guys really did help me when I needed it and you will never know how much I appreciate you.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »

Oh, katysmom, how heart broken you must feel, and after all of that worry about your grandchild, that, too, I'm positive has been a knife in your heart.   How very sad & frustrating for you.  I hope the come around...

My SIL's son & DIL have pulled this more than once.  She leaves, comes back, he leaves, goes back...in between there have been times she & MIL have not seen the 2 granddaughters per the DIL's manic decisions.  MIL has told me that nutrition is a concern for the 7 year old has said there is no milk in the fridge, etc.  They just do not take the time to cook balanced meals for the kids.  None of us were not raised that way, and it's baffling how they end up behaving as such.  I pray for them, and will keep you and yours in my prayers, as well.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »

Katysmom - I am so sorry that things worked out this way. I will have you, your son and daughter-in-law, and that precious baby in my prayers.
I don't think it will last, but just maybe these two young people can work things out, become a stable family, and be better parents together. One day, your son will realize that the baby needs her grandparents too. I really believe that you will be reunited.
 It sounds like your daughter-in-law is  in the throes of addiction, and wants to isolate your son so she can still drink. He'll see it soon enough if that's the case. Maybe he can persuade her to get help. But he will realize he needs you, because unless they get counseling, nothing will work out for the future.
My heart aches for you. Please keep us posted. We are here for you, anytime you need a place to receive support and prayers.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2007, 08:35:54 AM »

Katysmom

I too am sorry to hear of your heartbreak.  It is sad that these young parents do this.  I feel for your grandbaby being stuck in the middle.

I surely hope your Son and his wife get their lives in perspective soon.

I'll be saying prayers.

Ms.DV

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.