May 01, 2024, 10:21:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 134823 times)
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2010, 04:21:47 AM »

Ok Monks this is just plain silly...Found Annie Downings letters to Casey and guess what she got a tattoo of Caylee as well..Ok call me strange but I do have a tat but I wouldn't put any name but family if that is what I was going to do.  Annie is no relation to them so what gives..to read her letter it starts at page 654 through 655.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24039449/detail.html
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2010, 06:00:12 AM »

Havent been in for a bit nor read here as its been busy for me but have been following the case...ding dong the witch is gone!    Not shocking at all, Lyon only took this case for the public platform  & to spread her word lashing that the DP should be abolished, whateva buh-bye.  Lyon gave up on this case when she lost every motion she filed to date (worthy of note not being as impressive as she would have one believe as we've witnessed).   She's getting out of dodge because this defendant will not give her the case out of her practicing district to advance her agenda, it is just that simple.    If Bozo thinks for one hot sec the public by and large believes she left for fiscal reasons, he is spending too much time partying in Miami buried in a keg.  If Lyon felt strongly about the merits of this case, she would get the funding & spend it gladly...seriously, I cant get over how some people actually believe the majority of the public will buy that happy horsesnit.

Mason & her were bound to clash, but that may not be the half of it.  Whether she believes in Casey or not is also irrelevant as she has defended the worse of the worse knowing of their guilt but this defendant & her family makes it totally impossible to sell a fabricated story evidenced by George's letter after Casey's writings to her inmate friend.   Interesting, the defense is spending an enormous amount of man hours painting a pathetic tale of Casey's life & here her own father confronts her as to why she is destroying her family, including her brother.   Nothing Casey claims can be taken as the truth after all her lies, cover ups & bad deeds leading up to Caylee's murder, or after.   IMHO, couple that with Cindy lying now about her daughter's character & actions as opposed to what she said about her being a liar, thief & sociopath to others prior to July 15th...that's all the jury will have to see & hear, not soon enough.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2010, 06:17:52 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24101457/detail.html
Andrea Lyon Leaving Casey Anthony Defense Team
Travel Expense Cited For Departure

POSTED: 6:30 pm EDT June 30, 2010
UPDATED: 5:46 am EDT July 1, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A source close to the Casey Anthony investigation tells WESH 2 News that death penalty defense attorney Andrea Lyon is leaving Anthony’s defense team. The source said Lyon made her intentions known more than a week ago.

Casey Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, said travel expenses from Chicago to Orlando are taking their toll on Lyon.
Lyon has only been a part of the defense team for a little over a year. She filed paperwork in June of 2009 asking for permission to enter the case.

Lyon originally said she said she would prove the Anthony case does not qualify for the death penalty because the state did not have sufficient evidence.
In recent weeks, Judge Belvin Perry has struck down numerous motions by the defense hoping to take the death penalty off the table.

Lyon has been successful in getting prosecutors to reveal their list of five aggravating factors they may use to pursue capitol punishment.

Anthony has successfully petitioned to the court to be declared indigent, meaning her defense is paid by taxpayers. However, the Justice Administrative Commission does not pay for travel for privately retained, out-of-state attorneys like Lyon, who is from Chicago.
Video - Lyon Leaving Anthony Defense Team http://www.wesh.com/video/24104269/index.html
Lyon’s participation started to come into question earlier this year with the addition of well-known Orlando criminal defense attorney J. Cheney Mason. He, too, was qualified to try death penalty cases.

According to Lyon’s website, she has defended more than 30 potential capital cases.

Baez said believes losing Lyon will not impact Casey's case. He said the team will continue to fight the death penalty.

Casey Anthony will be back in court on July 15.

SURVEY
Do you think Andrea Lyon's departure from Casey Anthony's defense will hurt Anthony's chances at trial?
Vote at link http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24101457/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2010, 06:21:50 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/june/115783/One-of-Casey%E2%80%99s-lawyers-quits-case
By Adam Longo, News 13 Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:44 AM
ORLANDO --

One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys is quitting the case.

Andrea Lyon is the second lawyer to depart from the case in less than six months.

In court papers, Lyon said she had "no choice" but to withdraw from the case.

“It’s strictly a fiscal issue,” said Jose Baez, Anthony’s lead attorney.

Baez heaped praise on Lyon, saying she's done a phenomenal job for the defense.

“We're all sad to see her step down but she'll remain and consult with us,” Baez said. “But it’ll be in the background and not in the forefront.”

It came down to money for Lyon.

She was paid $22,500 in the 13 months she worked as one of Anthony's lawyers.

But in court papers, Lyon revealed the money did not cover one-third of what she spent in just 10 months working for the defense.

“Everyone on the team is making financial sacrifices,” Baez said. “Everyone believes in Casey’s cause for justice and we're all fighting for her.”
The death blow to Lyon's representation came when Judge Belvin Perry denied a request for taxpayers to foot the bill for her travel expenses.

She works full-time as a law professor at DePaul University in Chicago.

Lyon was also a highly visible member of Anthony's inner circle.

She made multiple national TV appearances on Anthony's behalf, and even compared the case to the Salem Witch Trials.   

“I don't see much change in perspective. Maybe a small change in style,” Baez said.

The case will continue at full speed ahead. The trial is schedule to being May 9, 2011.

Baez said lawyer Cheney Mason will take over the death penalty component of the case.
Casey's attorney steps down Watch Video http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/0630CaseyAttorneyOS_063020101122.flv

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:32 AM »

WTH took her so long?? I wonder if she made a final visit to Casey's cell? I have searched for the visitor's log and can't find a link...anyone have it??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »

OMG     Andrea Lyon, one of Casey Anthony’s lawyers, is quitting the case.

Tune to Central Florida News 13 or log on to www.cfnews13.com for
more information.

I have been waiting for this.  Smile

Lol-me too... maybe she's the mystery woman delivering canned goods to Joran..lol
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2010, 07:50:30 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/06/report-death-penalty-expert-le.html
WDBO Local News      
Report: Death penalty expert leaves Casey Anthony defense team
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ June 30, 2010 7:17 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony's death penalty expert attorney Dr. Andrea Lyon has left the defense team, according to Orlandosentiel.com.  Dr.  Lyon, a professor at DePaul University in Chicago, joined the defense team last year.
According to the article, defense attorney Jose Baez cited " a fiscal problem" as the reason for Dr. Lyon's departure.

During her time with the defense, Dr. Lyon authored complex legal challenges to Florida's use of the death penalty.

Baez said there will be no visible changes to the defense team, the article said.

Read the full story http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-andrea-lyon-20100630,0,2682343.story

Baez said there will be no visible changes to the defense team, the article said.

So does this mean Bobo will go in drag to look like Lyon behind the table?

LOLOL
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »

Good morning, monkeys!  Wowzers!  The Lyon is gone.  I guess she really wasn't a "True Believer" in Casey's innocence!  (Not that anyone ever really thought that!)  I wonder if this will have any effect on the date of the trial?  The whole reason for pushing back the date was to accomodate her going to her daughter's graduation.  I'd love, love, love to see it moved up a bit. 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:08 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/06/report-death-penalty-expert-le.html
WDBO Local News      
Report: Death penalty expert leaves Casey Anthony defense team
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ June 30, 2010 7:17 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony's death penalty expert attorney Dr. Andrea Lyon has left the defense team, according to Orlandosentiel.com.  Dr.  Lyon, a professor at DePaul University in Chicago, joined the defense team last year.
According to the article, defense attorney Jose Baez cited " a fiscal problem" as the reason for Dr. Lyon's departure.

During her time with the defense, Dr. Lyon authored complex legal challenges to Florida's use of the death penalty.

Read the full story http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-andrea-lyon-20100630,0,2682343.story

So does this mean Bobo will go in drag to look like Lyon behind the table?

Maybe he is one of those people who can ignore the 500 pound gorilla in the room.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:35 AM »

Well ... so much for A.L.'s version of "pro bono" ...lol
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/june/115783/One-of-Casey%E2%80%99s-lawyers-quits-case
By Adam Longo, News 13 Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:44 AM
ORLANDO --

One of Casey Anthony’s attorneys is quitting the case.

Andrea Lyon is the second lawyer to depart from the case in less than six months.

In court papers, Lyon said she had "no choice" but to withdraw from the case.

“It’s strictly a fiscal issue,” said Jose Baez, Anthony’s lead attorney.

Baez heaped praise on Lyon, saying she's done a phenomenal job for the defense.

“We're all sad to see her step down but she'll remain and consult with us,” Baez said. “But it’ll be in the background and not in the forefront.”

It came down to money for Lyon.

She was paid $22,500 in the 13 months she worked as one of Anthony's lawyers.

But in court papers, Lyon revealed the money did not cover one-third of what she spent in just 10 months working for the defense.

“Everyone on the team is making financial sacrifices,” Baez said. “Everyone believes in Casey’s cause for justice and we're all fighting for her.”
The death blow to Lyon's representation came when Judge Belvin Perry denied a request for taxpayers to foot the bill for her travel expenses.

She works full-time as a law professor at DePaul University in Chicago.

Lyon was also a highly visible member of Anthony's inner circle.

She made multiple national TV appearances on Anthony's behalf, and even compared the case to the Salem Witch Trials.   

“I don't see much change in perspective. Maybe a small change in style,” Baez said.

The case will continue at full speed ahead. The trial is schedule to being May 9, 2011.

Baez said lawyer Cheney Mason will take over the death penalty component of the case.
Casey's attorney steps down Watch Video http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/0630CaseyAttorneyOS_063020101122.flv

Didn't she also donate $70,000 to her defense?  Then, it would not appear that money is the true issue here.

It is interesting that what Baez seems to allude to is that with Mason and Lyon in the room, one of them had to go.  I can see that.  Their styles are completely different.  Add Baez and you have a recipe for disaster, imo.

How can you defend a client that is so obviously lying to you?  If Baez had to ask George if the allogations are true, Baez does not believe her either.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »

Another thing with Casey lying about George and/or Lee in her letters to her jail friend, if neither one of the men did anything to her, that may negate the letters and/or testimony of her alleged friend/s, if she lied once to her friend, she can then be thought of as lying the whole time.  This would be a plus for the defense if they could negate her friend's whole testimony.

I believe in miracles!
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2010, 09:10:34 AM »

According to the http://www.myorangeclerk.com/ Kathi Belich just got something...

07/01/2010     Transaction Assessment      12.99
07/01/2010     Counter Payment  Receipt # CR-2010-41993  KATHY BELICH  (12.99)

Wonder what it is?  Were there more letters we've not seen?  It seems to me that some Media Outlet said that they were not confirming that all the letters were released.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:59 AM »

According to the http://www.myorangeclerk.com/ Kathi Belich just got something...

07/01/2010     Transaction Assessment      12.99
07/01/2010     Counter Payment  Receipt # CR-2010-41993  KATHY BELICH  (12.99)

Wonder what it is?  Were there more letters we've not seen?  It seems to me that some Media Outlet said that they were not confirming that all the letters were released.

Oh,I don't know........interesting.  Smile

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/death-penalty-expert-exits-casey-anthony-defense-team
Death penalty expert exits Casey Anthony defense team
Posted: 7:23 AM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 27 minutes ago

* Contributor: Cary Williams

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - A high-profile death penalty expert is parting ways with Casey Anthony's defense team.

Lead attorney Jose Baez informed Orlando media outlets on Wednesday that Chicago attorney Andrea Lyon is departing for "financial reasons."

Lyon joined Anthony's defense team with much media fanfare more than a year ago.

The move is not expected to have a significant impact on the infamous murder case.

Legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told Orlando station WFTV that well-known central Florida attorney J. Cheney Mason is alreay involved and that most of the death penalty-related motions have been filed.

Lyon received roughly $20,000 in legal fees before Anthony was declared indigent.

Still, said Sheaffer, Lyon could have remained a contributor if she really believed in Casey Anthony.

“Those who have professed to be true believers in this case have fallen by the wayside mainly because of financial reasons,” Sheaffer told WFTV.
Baez countered that Lyon does believe in the case and has made her own financial sacrifices,  including out-of-pocket travel money,  Baez said Lyon  needs to focus on her responsibilities at the DePaul law school Center for Justice.

Anthony is accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony in the summer of 2008. The toddler's remains were found in a wooded area near her home late same year.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder. She claims a babysitter took Caylee.

Her trial is scheduled to begin in May 2011.

Information from: wftv.com

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:29 AM »

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/andrea-lyon%E2%80%99s-body-language-indicated-she-may-not-have-believed-casey-anthony-so-it-comes-as-no-surprise-she-is-no-longer-on-casey%E2%80%99s-team-are-there-more-reasons-for-her-departure/

Andrea Lyon’s Body Language Indicated She May Not Have Believed Casey Anthony, So It Comes As No Surprise She Is No Longer on Casey’s Team. Are There More Reasons for Her Departure?
07/01/10

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
06/30/2010           Correspondence
06/30/2010           Amended State Witness List

thanks trim....does anyone know where I might find the latest  state and duhfense witness list ??

I don't think it's been released yet....hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

Monkalicious,maybe this is part of  what Kathi B. picked up.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »

06/28/2010           Notice of Taking Deposition
06/28/2010           Correspondence
Re: Jury
06/30/2010           Motion to Withdraw
as Counsel: Andrea Lyon
06/30/2010           Amended Defense Witness List

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »

thanks trim....does anyone know where I might find the latest  state and duhfense witness list ??

thanks trim.....how about the list before this amended one?  Good Morning trim and all Monks!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »

thanks trim.....how about the list before this amended one?  Good Morning trim and all Monks!

We are on the same wavelength.Also,maybe Lyons application for withdrawal....I hope we know by the time I get back home this evening.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.