May 01, 2024, 12:20:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 134842 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »

Wow!    Lyon is out?

Good evening Monkey Friends.    Thanks to all who post links and keep us updated.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »

I just posted the State's Witness List and will ask Klaas to make it a sticky so we can add to it.

Thanks!
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »

It was only a matter of time before Lyons jumped ship. I wonder how that makes Casey feel though? Wonder if she's accepting that she will face the death penalty yet?
Sure hope this trial is televised.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24112886/detail.html

Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense
Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense

POSTED: 4:09 pm EDT July 1, 2010
UPDATED: 4:40 pm EDT July 1, 2010
[
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony filed a new list of witnesses on Thursday who will testify on behalf of her defense.

Four of the eight names on the list are expert witnesses. The defense team wanted to include more experts, but Judge Belvin Perry denied the use of more tax money to pay for them.

<<Snipped>>

"If you're only going to have one testify, why do I have to pay for two?" Perry asked.

"Once you declare indigency, you're not entitled to an extravagant defense -- just a reasonable defense," Hornsby said.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »

Thanks for the updates!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24113796/detail.html
Anthony To Appear At Friday Hearing
Defense Wants Expert Witnesses To Inspect Evidence

POSTED: Thursday, July 1, 2010
UPDATED: 5:37 pm EDT July 1, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team wants the judge to appoint a magistrate to oversee expert witness inspection of evidence in the case.
The defense filed the emergency motion Thursday and Judge Belvin Perry scheduled a hearing for 1:30 p.m. Friday.

The defense said it is flying in a team from across the county to inspect documents and evidence in the murder case which are in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"Counsel believes that allowing the officials from the Sheriff's Office to be present while counsel and expert witnesses inspect the items of evidence would unfairly subject statements made between counsel and the expert witnesses to discovery, creating an unfair prejudice against the defendant in her preparation for trial," the motion said.

The defense wants the inspection to take place on July 13 and 14.

A courthouse official said Anthony will be present for the hearing. She has not appeared in court since falling and injuring herself in a courthouse elevator in June.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in June 2008. Her remains were found in a wooded area near the Anthony family's east Orange County home.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »

I am curious to see if George attends court tomorrow. It's been a while for him.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »

I am curious to see if George attends court tomorrow. It's been a while for him.

I'm betting no. He's pissed about the molestation allegations, he's not going to support her in court if it's the last thing he does...... but if Cindy say so.... OK.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: July 02, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Cindy Anthony’s Letters to Casey Reveal Her Focus on Casey’s “Beauty” And Possible Manipulative Passive- Agressive “Mind Games”
July 2nd, 2010

Reading Cindy’s letters to her daughter  Casey were very disturbing . My first question was a. ) why is  she writing diatribes about how Caylee will be found and how there were sightings as recent as January 2010 when we all know the remains were already found?

b) Why is she so concerned about  her daughter’s looks- her “beauty” a theme also common to George who also seems  overly concerned with his daughter’s looks and  weight gain  when she may be facing a lethal injection c)  why is she sending Casey photos of  Caylee and writing how much Caylee loved her mommy. Was it done to passive aggressively keep reminding  Casey what she did to Caylee?

In George’s words  WHY?WHY? WHY is she doing this?

More at the link.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/070210-Casey-Anthony-emergency-hearing
Casey Anthony to appear at emergency hearing today

Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 7:40 AM EDT

By NICK FOKIANOS | FOX 35 News
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion to appoint a Special Magistrate during the inspection of evidence with expert witnesses later this month. The defense is asking that the Special Magistrate oversee the witnesses as they look over discovery items, currently in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

An emergency hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Friday before Orange County Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. to address the motion.
Prosecutors with the State Attorney's Office have found it sufficient enough to have representatives from the Sheriff's Office present during these inspections. However, defense lawyers contend that, during the inspections, certain communication might occur with the witnesses which should remain confidential and exclusive to the defense team. They are alleging that questioning or any other conversation between attorneys and expert witnesses would constitute "real time work product," and therefore suggest that this is protected under what is known as the "work product doctrine."

In the motion submitted on Thursday, Jose Baez writes that, "the State has an obligation to permit the defendant to inspect, copy, test, and photograph" material within the State's possession or control.
Watch the hearing live on MyFoxOrlando.com>>> http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/our_programs/live

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2010, 08:32:20 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/116464/Casey-Anthony:-Emergency-hearing-scheduled
Casey Anthony: Emergency hearing scheduled
By Jacqueline Fell, News 13 Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, July 02, 2010 8:01 AM
ORLANDO --

News 13 has confirmed there will be an emergency hearing will held at 1:30 p.m. Friday in the Case Against Casey.

Anthony will be present.

Here's what the hearing will cover: Anthony’s defense team wants to be able to inspect evidence in the case that's being held at the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

In court papers just filed, Anthony's attorneys want Judge Belvin Perry to appoint what’s called a "special master," which is an objective ******* -- a lawyer or retired judge -- who will impartially oversee the defense's request to view this evidence.

Prosecutors and law enforcement officials wouldn't be allowed to participate.

The defense team wants to view the evidence over two days -- July 14 and July 15 -- and several top defense experts are planning to attend.

News 13 has also learned who those experts are.

The defense recently filed its amended witness list that has new experts.

Unarguably, Anthony's murder trial will come down to circumstantial evidence, which means experts hired to analyze dirt, dust, remains and other evidence hold her fate in their hands.

The latest hired experts for the defense are no strangers to the courtroom.

Dr. Jane Bock has analyzed plants and other evidence for criminal investigations for years. According to her web page, for nearly 30 years she has worked on developing the use of plant cells in the gastrointestinal tract to aid in homicide investigations.

Dr. Timothy Huntington has consulted on more than 50 death investigations. The forensic entomologist was one of the experts waiting to get access to where Caylee's remains were found in December 2008. He studies insects to help establish a time of death.

Dr. Scott Fairgrieve is a forensic anthropologist. He's expertise is the use of cadaver dogs. He's likely consulted with the search, recovery and analysis of Caylee's skeletal remains.

Dr. Kenneth Furton, the only Florida expert listed, will likely testify in the areas of drug analysis and dogs detecting chemicals.

The state is also relying on several experts to make their case. A billing expense was recently released for their forensic entomologist, Dr. Neal Haskell.

News 13 was the first to report the expert is expected to earn $20,000 for his analysis of insects.   

In the case notes, Dr. Haskell wrote "in more than 800 cases over a 25 year period, this case has generated the highest number of samples I have ever had to analyze."

Other expert witnesses include Dr. Henry Lee, a forensic expert who has worked on many high profile cases.

Also, one of the nation’s most renowned DNA experts, Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, is working with the defense.

News 13 will be in court for the hearing Friday and we'll continue to be out front in developments on this case.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »

I'm betting no. He's pissed about the molestation allegations, he's not going to support her in court if it's the last thing he does...... but if Cindy say so.... OK.

I am betting no also.  Smile

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »

Wow!    Lyon is out?

Good evening Monkey Friends.    Thanks to all who post links and keep us updated.

Hi Sassy!!  Yep she is gone.....and Chaney has also taken on another client that will consume lots of his time...so it's BOZO standing alone....LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

me too Brandi! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »

hi Boo,....those were kinda my thoughts too!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Cindy Anthony’s Letters to Casey Reveal Her Focus on Casey’s “Beauty” And Possible Manipulative Passive- Agressive “Mind Games”
July 2nd, 2010

Reading Cindy’s letters to her daughter  Casey were very disturbing . My first question was a. ) why is  she writing diatribes about how Caylee will be found and how there were sightings as recent as January 2010 when we all know the remains were already found?

b) Why is she so concerned about  her daughter’s looks- her “beauty” a theme also common to George who also seems  overly concerned with his daughter’s looks and  weight gain  when she may be facing a lethal injection c)  why is she sending Casey photos of  Caylee and writing how much Caylee loved her mommy. Was it done to passive aggressively keep reminding  Casey what she did to Caylee?

In George’s words  WHY?WHY? WHY is she doing this?

More at the link.

thanks for the link......i am right in line with her on this point for sure

As of 2010, everyone knows it was little Caylee’s skull that was found with the duct tape over the mouth and nose area. They know that Casey’s remains were found. So, for Cindy to refer to Caylee sightings as late as January 2010, it seems to me that  possibly Cindy

is  a) so in denial because the truth is too difficult for her to bear,

b) so out of it on medication that her memory is affected

c) is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s or

d)is writing these letters and reference to Caylee, as a form of manipulation in creating ” reasonable doubt”

I choose (d).Cindy is no dummy. Just as she knows all the videos will be seen,  she knows that all the letters  she writes to Casey will be seen and read/ Therefore , she knows that by writing about a Caylee  sighting,  if those letters become pieces of evidence they will be  used by the defense as a possible way to establish reasonable doubt.

Cindy is clearly being manipulative in my opinion and knows exactly what she is doing here. She even mentions  Zani’s half brother Hector as you see in her letter above, when she very well knows that there is no  Zani the nanny and definitely no Hector, which she wrote in parenthesis.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »

via email

Casey Anthony: What does defense-witness list reveal about case?

Posted: 01 Jul 2010 03:59 PM PDT

What does a new list of defense witnesses in Casey Anthony’s case mean?

“That list is pretty brief,” WESH-Ch. 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said tonight.

WESH’s Bob Kealing agreed, noting that four of the eight names were expert witnesses. “The list would have been longer but Judge Belvin Perry denied the use of more tax money to pay for them,” Kealing added.

Kealing listed the experts: a Colorado plant expert, a Nebraska insect expert, a Canadian forensic anthropologist and a Florida International University professor.

“The case has always been kind of simple, and their witness list reflects that,” Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby told Kealing.

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich also listed the experts and speculated that the defense will rely on the insect expert  to “refute … damning evidence” that Anthony put daughter Caylee’s body in her car trunk. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee’s death. 

“The forensic evidence in this case will come down to a battle of experts,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told Belich. He added that juries are usually tougher on defense experts, who are paid for their work.

Another defense witness is the ex-wife of meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee’s remains. Kealing speculated that the ex-wife will be part of defense’s efforts to raise reasonable doubt about who placed the toddler in the woods.

In other Anthony news, Judge Perry has ordered a hearing for 1:30 p.m. Friday about a defense motion to have a special magistrate present when defense experts review evidence. Anthony is expected to be at the hearing.

“Casey’s defense team wants to be able to inspect evidence in the case that’s being held at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office,” said Jacqueline Fell of Central Florida News 13. “Anthony’s attorneys want Judge Belvin Perry to appoint what’s called a special master. That’s an objective *******, that’s either a lawyer or a retired judge, who will impartially oversee the defense’s request to view this evidence.” The defense wants to view the evidence July 14 and 15, Fell added.

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »

NOTICE

The server may be down tonight from approximately 11pm CST and may be down for several hours up to all day Saturday.  This is NOT the server upgrade but is needed maintenance.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »

NOTICE

The server may be down tonight from approximately 11pm CST and may be down for several hours up to all day Saturday.  This is NOT the server upgrade but is needed maintenance.

thanks Klaas....let's hope this HELPS a LOT!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »

Thanks for the updates, my vote, no George in the courtroom. I found it very strange that not only Cindy and George mentioned Casey's beauty over and over, but Mallory did also. Maybe that is what is demanded from Casey, you need to talk about her beauty.  LOL   She is no beauty, but I can't say she isn't attractive. Those letters were all just plain creepy. I was especially bothered by Cindy saying I love you mommy, and it was signed with Caylee's name, who in the he!! does that?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »

WDBO Local News   

Casey Anthony faces judge in emergency hearing

Casey Anthony heads to court Friday for an emergency hearing.

The accused child killer's attorneys will be arguing over how they'll be allowed to review evidence.

They're asking Judge Belvin Perry to allow them and their expert witnesses to examine evidence being held at the Orange County Sheriff's Office without anyone from the state or the sheriff's office present. They want Perry to appoint a special magistrate to be there when they look over the evidence in about two weeks.

The state has asked for deputies to oversee Casey's legal team during this time. But Attorney Jose Baez argues it's critical that the defense be able to consult with their expert witnesses without anyone from the sheriff's office looking over their shoulder.

Perry will be hearing the defense's motion this afternoon at 1:30. You can watch the proceedings live at wdbo.com.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/07/casey-anthony-faces-judge-in-e.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.