May 01, 2024, 08:03:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 134806 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: July 12, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-experts-20100712,0,4716386.story
Casey Anthony case: Dream Team of experts head to Orlando to inspect evidence
 By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

12:12 p.m. EDT, July 12, 2010
 os-casey-anthony-experts-20100712

Casey Anthony's criminal defense team announced a veritable "dream team" of forensic and science experts headed to town this week to inspect evidence compiled by authorities in the murder case.

First up is Dr. Henry Lee, the well-known criminologist and pathologist often associated with the O.J. Simpson case, according to Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez.

Also headed to town this week, he said, is Nicholas Petraco, an associate professor of chemistry and forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City.

Likewise, Dr. Tim Huntington, an assistant professor at Concordia University, Nebraska, and a board-certified entomologist, will be here for the inspections, Baez said. Forensic entomology applies the study of insects to a legal context to help establish times of death and post-mortem movement of bodies, Huntington has said, according to the Concordia University website.
"I am one of only 15 board-certified forensic entomologists, so we are a small pool of experts to draw from," Huntington said on the Concordia site.

He has consulted on more than 50 death investigations in seven states and four countries. He belongs to the American Board of Forensic Entomology; American Academy of Forensic Sciences; Entomological Society of America; North American Forensic Entomology Association; and Nebraska Chapter of the International Association for Identification, according to the site.

At Concordia, Huntington teaches biology, anatomy and entomology courses.

Also scheduled to appear are Dutch forensic scientists Richard and Selma Eikelenboom, pioneers in the field of "Touch DNA." Richard Eikelenboom's work helped get the murder conviction of Tim Masters in Colorado thrown out, after DNA testing.

The inspection of items in the Casey Anthony case is supposed to run Tuesday and Wednesday.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry has not yet decided whether to release a series of Sheriff's Office property forms or receipts identifying the items the defense wants to inspect this week. But Baez has said the primary items requested by the defense center around the recovery scene where 2-year-old Caylee Marie's body was found in late 2008.

Both the prosecution and defense have until 4 p.m. Tuesday to file motions if they are opposed to the release of the receipts, a court spokeswoman said today.
Anthony, 24, is charged with murder in the death of her daughter. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008. She was reported missing months earlier.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: July 12, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/24223811/detail.html
Anthony Defense To Review Evidence In Murder Case
Evidence May Be Made Public

POSTED: 11:54 am EDT July 12, 2010
UPDATED: 1:43 pm EDT July 12, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Beginning Tuesday, Casey Anthony's defense team will have a chance to look over evidence in the murder case against their client.

The defense team will review items of physical evidence including hairs collected from Casey's car and the duct tape found on her daughter Caylee's skull.

So far, the list of items submitted by the defense to Judge Belvin Perry has not been released.

A spokeswoman for the ninth circuit said if no one objects, Perry will release it to the public.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony. She is being held without bond in connection with the toddler's death and faces the death penalty if convicted.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #822 on: July 12, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »

I just checked on the civil case and saw this.  Does anyone know if Morgan et al has deposed Casey?  Does anyone have a copy of the most recent jail visitor's log?

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1450829
06/15/2010     Letter
06/15/2010     Order on Motion
to take Deposition of Prisioner

Hello everyone, I think this is that Robin that had the contact with BHW in jail, but, just a guess...SmileSmile

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: July 12, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »

I just checked on the civil case and saw this.  Does anyone know if Morgan et al has deposed Casey?  Does anyone have a copy of the most recent jail visitor's log?

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1450829
06/15/2010     Letter
06/15/2010     Order on Motion
to take Deposition of Prisioner

Hello everyone, I think this is that Robin that had the contact with BHW in jail, but, just a guess...SmileSmile

I never thought of that.  You might be right! 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »

http://humbleopinionforum.net/2010/07/12/casey-anthony-update-12-july-2010-judge-gives-a-deadline/
Written on 12 July 2010 at 15:00 by humbleopinion
Casey Anthony update 12 July 2010, Judge gives a deadline

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/07/casey-anthony-dream-team-of-experts-to-inspect-evidence/
Casey Anthony:Dream Team of Experts To Inspect Evidence
07/12/10

~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: July 12, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »

All I can say about this 'dream team' is they are going to be bitterly disappointed when they meet Baez and find out what a moron he is..     can you just imagine him trying to handle questioning on these complex forensic tests-  it's going to be laughable.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: July 12, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »

WARNING******WARNING******WARNING

10:30PM CST - DOWNTIME - APPROX 1HR

TONIGHT AT APPROX 10:30PM CENTRAL TIME THE FORUM AND FRONT PAGE WILL BE DOWN. WE WILL BE COMPLETING STEP 1 OF A TWO STEP PROCESS.  WE SHOULDN'T BE DOWN MORE THAN AN HOUR OR SO TONIGHT.

WE WILL BE MOVING TO A NEW SERVER! 

TOMORROW NIGHT WE UPGRADING SOME THINGS AND MAY BE DOWN FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME.  NOT SURE ON THAT YET.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: July 13, 2010, 04:37:34 AM »

All I can say about this 'dream team' is they are going to be bitterly disappointed when they meet Baez and find out what a moron he is..     can you just imagine him trying to handle questioning on these complex forensic tests-  it's going to be laughable.

Lol-I guess this will be where Mrs. Baden will come into play, assuming she is still in the game.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: July 13, 2010, 04:46:12 AM »

I'm thinking Judge Perry is not razzled dazzled by the fancy footwork of the Defense-especially during his vacation.  Can you imagine being disturbed by a 'non emergency' procedure blip while on vacation? 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: July 13, 2010, 05:40:31 AM »

I'm thinking Judge Perry is not razzled dazzled by the fancy footwork of the Defense-especially during his vacation.  Can you imagine being disturbed by a 'non emergency' procedure blip while on vacation? 

I hope he rips into Bozo.   
Can't wait until court.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: July 13, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/web_links/071210-Anthony-defense-brings-in-the-all-stars
Anthony defense brings in the all stars

Updated: Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A line of all star defense experts will be rolling into the Orange County Sheriffs Office along with Casey Anthony's defense team Tuesday morning. Diana tennis is a local criminal defense attorney. She explains what their main mission is over the next two days.

"I think the defense is smart in that they are not taking any piece of evidence that the state has put forward for granted. They're here to find reasonable doubt in the science," said Tennis.

Trace evidence expert Dr. Richard Eikelenboom from Holland is know for his expertise in touch DNA.
What this means is that instead of needing a big old drop of blood to test, when you get trace DNA you're getting down to as little as six cells of skin which is a microscopic amount of material. Usually when your crime scene people go through they test a lot of things that you can see with the naked eye. These kinds of experts can go beyond that and test very small amounts of material," said Tennis.

Dr. Nick Petraco is a criminalist who specializes in hair banding. Tennis says he'll likely be concentrating on a hair that investigators found in Casey Anthony's trunk. Discovery released by the state attorney's office says that hair had a death band around the root, saying it came from a dead body.

Dr. Timothy Huntington is an Entomologist. Potential evidence released through the discovery process has through the prosecutors office has said that investigators found coffin flies in Casey Anthony's car.

Crime scene expert Dr. Henry Lee already looked at Casey Anthony's car. You may remember his name from the O.J. Simpson and Jean Benet Ramsey cases. Casey Anthony's defense team pointed out in court that Dr. Lee found several hairs in Casey's trunk that the Orange County Sheriffs Office overlooked.
"When you have somebody who is that world renowned in their filed if you get into a credibility contest between local crime scene folks versus somebody like Dr. Henry Lee who we all know and at one point was like a household name I think that gives an advantage to the defense team. Depending on what his findings are, I think he's going to come with a lot of credibility to a jury, if there is a dispute about what that evidence means," said Tennis.

The fifth expert joining this defense team at the OCSO this week is Dr. Thelma Eikelenboom.
She's a coroner and evidence expert. Tennis tells believes that since the Orange County coroner ruled Caylee's death 'death homicide by undetermined means" Eilelenboom may try to come up with her own theory on cause of death based on the evidence at hand.

Anthony's murder trial is set to begin on May 9, 2011. She remains jailed on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter Caylee who was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home on December 11, 2008. Investigators say the toddler's body was found with duct tape over her mouth.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: July 13, 2010, 05:46:51 AM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/07/casey-anthony-defense-experts-examine.html
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Casey Anthony Defense Experts Examine Evidence Today

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: July 13, 2010, 07:39:25 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/24223811/detail.html
Anthony Defense To Review Evidence Today
Evidence May Be Made Public

POSTED: 11:54 am EDT July 12, 2010
UPDATED: 6:59 am EDT July 13, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Beginning Tuesday, Casey Anthony's defense team will have a chance to look over evidence in the murder case against their client. ( Video )

The defense team will review items of physical evidence including hairs collected from Casey's car and the duct tape found on her daughter Caylee's skull.

The car, the trunk, the duct tape, the items found with Caylee's remains which could tie them to her grandparents home. All are expected to be reviewed by Anthony's defense experts at the sheriff's office on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So far, the list of items submitted by the defense to Judge Belvin Perry has not been released.

"They want to know what evidence is relevent and which evidence is not going to be relevant," Criminal defense attorney Tom Luka said.
Luka has been representing Casey's brother, Lee Anthony. According to Luka, these inspections give Casey's defense experts a chance to see much of the evidence for the first time and make sure there are no surprises.

"Basically the defense is saying you have to show us all the evidence nine months prior to the trial, so we can properly prepare the case," Luka said.

Because this case is so circumstantial, observers say it could come down to a battle of experts. So what these experts see and observe about the physical evidence is crucial.

"13It's going to ultimately come down to the experts," Luka said. "If that's the case, this case could turn on what these people say."

A spokeswoman for the ninth circuit said if no one objects, Perry will release it to the public.

On Thursday, Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, is expected to testify as the two sides contest admissibility of her 911 calls.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony. She is being held without bond in connection with the toddler's death and faces the death penalty if convicted.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: July 13, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »

Anthony Defense To Review Evidence
http://www.wesh.com/video/24228623/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: July 13, 2010, 08:21:43 AM »

Thank you, Trimm, for all the updates! 

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: July 13, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!  Wow!  We've got Avis and monkey-smiley-thingies.  Nice to see us back in business. 
I'm a little worried about Ms. Eikelenboom.  Dr. G is widely respected, for someone to dispute her findings of homicide seems absurd.  How on earth are they going to explain away the duct tape?  Unless they are going with the nanny did it and the duct tape was a message to Casey to keep her own mouth shut.  This elaborate tale they are going to try to spin makes me sick. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »

Good Morning Monks!  We are lookin GOOD this morning!  thanks trim......so today begins the examination by the 'experts.'  I hope each of them say....eerrrrr Mr. BOZO we agree with the State experts......

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: July 13, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »

Good Morning Monks!  We are lookin GOOD this morning!  thanks trim......so today begins the examination by the 'experts.'  I hope each of them say....eerrrrr Mr. BOZO we agree with the State experts......
Me, too!  I just can't stand the fact that the defense is going to try to manipulate the evidence.  Thank God for videotape.  I think Senor Bozo thought he was going to be able to let Dr. Lee have free reign to "discover" new items that would exonerate Casey. 
 "Curses, Foiled Again!"

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: July 13, 2010, 10:05:18 AM »

I still can not fathom why all of these experts are flocking to help free an obvious child killer...blood money is what they will be earning from doing this imo....they are attention seekers and just wanting to butter their own toast with notoriety for working on this case..wouldn't it be funny if these experts came back and said that it was obvious that Casey did kill Caylee and therefore could not in good consciousness help the defense?  but that won't happen..sigh...

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: July 13, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

Me, too!  I just can't stand the fact that the defense is going to try to manipulate the evidence.  Thank God for videotape.  I think Senor Bozo thought he was going to be able to let Dr. Lee have free reign to "discover" new items that would exonerate Casey. 
 "Curses, Foiled Again!"

I was so happy when JP allowed video.....and then said he would review and redacted anything if need be. I think JP doesn't trust BOZO et al anymore than we or the State does!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.