May 01, 2024, 09:30:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 134819 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #840 on: July 13, 2010, 10:29:15 AM »

I'm thinking Judge Perry is not razzled dazzled by the fancy footwork of the Defense-especially during his vacation.  Can you imagine being disturbed by a 'non emergency' procedure blip while on vacation? 

I hope he rips into Bozo.   
Can't wait until court.

ditto -
again, thanks Trim for all the information you provide!   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: July 13, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »

All I can say about this 'dream team' is they are going to be bitterly disappointed when they meet Baez and find out what a moron he is..     can you just imagine him trying to handle questioning on these complex forensic tests-  it's going to be laughable.

- it sure is!  and just what he deserves.   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »

I'm thinking Judge Perry is not razzled dazzled by the fancy footwork of the Defense-especially during his vacation.  Can you imagine being disturbed by a 'non emergency' procedure blip while on vacation? 

I hope he rips into Bozo.   
Can't wait until court.

Me too-Looking forward to keen Monkey observations as it flows along as I will be out of pocket due to my grandson babysitting schedule-won't be able to enjoy viewing it live with y'all.  Keep it pithy-lol!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: July 13, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »

Good Morning Monks!  We are lookin GOOD this morning!  thanks trim......so today begins the examination by the 'experts.'  I hope each of them say....eerrrrr Mr. BOZO we agree with the State experts......
Me, too!  I just can't stand the fact that the defense is going to try to manipulate the evidence.  Thank God for videotape.  I think Senor Bozo thought he was going to be able to let Dr. Lee have free reign to "discover" new items that would exonerate Casey. 
 "Curses, Foiled Again!"

I was so happy when JP allowed video.....and then said he would review and redacted anything if need be. I think JP doesn't trust BOZO et al anymore than we or the State does!

Judge Perry is one sharp cookie.  Thank Goodness for video!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: July 13, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »

Casey Anthony defense team objects to release of evidence details

Casey Anthony's defense team has filed a motion in court today opposing the release of documents that would reveal what evidence the team and its experts are currently reviewing.

The objection, filed today, states Casey Anthony and her attorneys "object to any preliminary release to the news media, or other public, of the records relating to intended inspection of tangible evidence."

Today and tomorrow, Casey Anthony's defense team and a series of high-profile experts are reviewing evidence collected in the murder case and held by the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"This is a case of the state of Florida versus Casey Anthony, this is not a case of news media and John Q. Public," states the objection, filed by Casey attorneys Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.

"To allow the news media to continue to have what has turned out to be, in many instances, 'first look' at evidence, publicize otherwise uninformed speculation and conclusions about evidence, utilizing 'talking head' lawyers who have neither the experience, knowledge, or predicates for their public comments, promises to continue to infuse this case with public bias, prejudice, misunderstanding, and error," the objection says.

The attorneys conclude by saying that "a balancing act of the First Amendment Rights to report must be had against the eminently more important rights of the defense to effective assistance of counsel, due process, and equal protection."

The media, the argue, "will be able to observe all phases of the trial that are on the record and do their reporting from then."

Yesterday, Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry gave a 4 p.m. deadline today for the prosecution and the defense to file any formal opposition to the public release of property receipts or forms that would identify the pieces of evidence the team is inspecting.

Anthony, 24, is charged with murder in the death of her daughter. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was first reported missing.

Check back for more details.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-evidence-records-20100713,0,5819908.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: July 13, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »

Anthony Defense Evidence Review Under Way
Casey's Car, Duct Tape Amid Items To Be Examined

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Casey Anthony's defense team is getting a chance Tuesday to look over evidence in the murder case against their client.

The defense team are reviewing items of physical evidence including hairs collected from Casey's car and the duct tape found on her daughter Caylee's skull.

The car, the trunk, the duct tape, the items found with Caylee's remains which could tie them to her grandparents home. All are expected to be reviewed by Anthony's defense experts at the sheriff's office on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So far, the list of items submitted by the defense to Judge Belvin Perry has not been released.

"They want to know what evidence is relevent and which evidence is not going to be relevant," criminal defense attorney Tom Luka said.

Luka has been representing Casey's brother, Lee Anthony. According to Luka, these inspections give Casey's defense experts a chance to see much of the evidence for the first time and make sure there are no surprises.

"Basically the defense is saying you have to show us all the evidence nine months prior to the trial, so we can properly prepare the case," Luka said.

Because this case is so circumstantial, observers say it could come down to a battle of experts. So what these experts see and observe about the physical evidence is crucial.

"13It's going to ultimately come down to the experts," Luka said. "If that's the case, this case could turn on what these people say."

A spokeswoman for the ninth circuit said if no one objects, Perry will release it to the public.

On Thursday, Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, is expected to testify as the two sides contest admissibility of her 911 calls.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony. She is being held without bond in connection with the toddler's death and faces the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.wesh.com/health/24223811/detail.html
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: July 13, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »

Casey Anthony defense team objects to release of evidence details

Casey Anthony's defense team has filed a motion in court today opposing the release of documents that would reveal what evidence the team and its experts are currently reviewing.

The objection, filed today, states Casey Anthony and her attorneys "object to any preliminary release to the news media, or other public, of the records relating to intended inspection of tangible evidence."

Today and tomorrow, Casey Anthony's defense team and a series of high-profile experts are reviewing evidence collected in the murder case and held by the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"This is a case of the state of Florida versus Casey Anthony, this is not a case of news media and John Q. Public," states the objection, filed by Casey attorneys Cheney Mason and Jose Baez.

"To allow the news media to continue to have what has turned out to be, in many instances, 'first look' at evidence, publicize otherwise uninformed speculation and conclusions about evidence, utilizing 'talking head' lawyers who have neither the experience, knowledge, or predicates for their public comments, promises to continue to infuse this case with public bias, prejudice, misunderstanding, and error," the objection says.

The attorneys conclude by saying that "a balancing act of the First Amendment Rights to report must be had against the eminently more important rights of the defense to effective assistance of counsel, due process, and equal protection."

The media, the argue, "will be able to observe all phases of the trial that are on the record and do their reporting from then."

Yesterday, Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry gave a 4 p.m. deadline today for the prosecution and the defense to file any formal opposition to the public release of property receipts or forms that would identify the pieces of evidence the team is inspecting.

Anthony, 24, is charged with murder in the death of her daughter. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was first reported missing.

Check back for more details.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-evidence-records-20100713,0,5819908.story

Object all you want Bozo. In the end, you're still going to lose, and we're going to find out.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: July 13, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »

Ok, so where'd my avi go and how do I get it back?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!  Wow!  We've got Avis and monkey-smiley-thingies.  Nice to see us back in business. 
I'm a little worried about Ms. Eikelenboom.  Dr. G is widely respected, for someone to dispute her findings of homicide seems absurd.  How on earth are they going to explain away the duct tape?  Unless they are going with the nanny did it and the duct tape was a message to Casey to keep her own mouth shut.  This elaborate tale they are going to try to spin makes me sick. 

(snark alert) well of course there needs to be another coroner.  Ask sindy -- Caylee really isn't dead . . . they just spotted her . . . oh darn, I forgot where.
Precious child -- justice will prevail!

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: July 13, 2010, 01:05:49 PM »

Brooklyn and Manhattan is where Caylee was spotted. (yeah, right)
I switched to Firefox and I see my avi. In safari, I just see a ? Very strange.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/121474/Casey-Anthony:-Defense-wants-evidence-to-stay-private
Casey Anthony: Defense wants evidence to stay private
By Jacqueline Fell, News 13 Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:48 AM
ORLANDO --

A team of experts has begun reviewing dozens of pieces of evidence in the case against Casey Anthony.

The experts have gathered in Central Florida from all over the world to take a look at the evidence.

Should any of the experts want to test any evidence, lawyers said that will happen another time.

Cheney Mason, Casey Anthony’s death-qualified attorney, was the first to arrive at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, ready to inspect nearly 100 pieces of evidence.

He was soon followed by attorney Jose Baez, DNA experts Selma and Richard Eikelenboom, and renowned forensic scientist Dr. Henry Lee.

Assistant state attorneys Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick were also expected to take part in the review, which is being recorded on video.

The Eikelenbooms traveled to Orlando from the Netherlands for the case.

“We’re here just to get insight, just to look at some evidence,” Selma Eikelenboom said.

The defense has said it will concentrate on evidence collected from where the remains of Casey’s 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, were found.

Details on what that evidence is, however, were not immediately released.

The defense said it is trying to keep the list of evidence private, at least for now.

Anthony’s attorneys have filed an objection to the releasse of evidence, meeting a Tuesday deadline set by Judge Belvin Perry.

Officials said they expect Tuesday’s review to take all day, and the experts would be in Orlando Wednesday as well.

The review comes as Casey’s mother is expected to take the stand later in the week to answer questions about her daughter.

Prosecutors are expected to question Cindy Anthony Thursday about a 911 call she made in July 2008, when she learned her 2-year-old granddaughter, Caylee, had vanished.

Cindy Anthony told a 911 dispatcher that the trunk of her Casey’s car smelled like a dead body had been inside.

Casey’s lawyers have been trying to keep that call from being used against her at trial.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: July 13, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/07/anthony-attorneys-object-to-re.html
WDBO Local News      
Anthony attorneys object to release of evidence
By
Dave Wahl
@ July 13, 2010 11:43 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
Attorneys for Casey Anthony do not want the public, or the news media, to know what evidence they're looking at the Orange County Sheriff's office
J. Cheney Mason and Jose Baez sent a list of the evidence at the sheriff's office they want to look at last week to Orange County Circuit Court Judge Belvin Perry Jr., and he gave the defense until Tuesday afternoon to tell him what, if anything, they didn't want people to see.

In their motion filed Tuesday morning, Anthony's defense team says the new media has no right to review documents or tangible evidence.

The news media, the motion says, generally has spent nearly the past two years "reaping benefits of their own imagination and reporting matters both accurate and grossly inaccurate." It goes on to day that the news media can report on all evidence that occurs in court at the time of the trial but that the media has no right at "first look at evidence". In addition, the motion objects to allowing talking head lawyers to comment on the material, which the defense says, will just taint the jury pool and make it more difficult to get Casey a fair trial.

Since the media can not see any of the evidence to be inspected, learning of the list would only fuel 'Imaginative speculation."

Anthony is accused of killing her two year old daughter Caylee in 2008.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »

Saw this posted by Thinksalot over at  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=370103&page=19   
   MuzikMan got the amended deposition documents and will post them to his docstoc site today.
The depositions of the Oak Ridge Lab personnel was NOT postponed - only the "location" of the depositions was changed. So, LDBurdick and Ashton must be in Tennessee today and tomorrow, while the evidence inspection is taking place.

July 13, 2010 - Defense depositions in Tennessee - Oak Ridge Lab
State will be present also
Dr. Michael Burnett - 8:00am
Dr. Madhavi Martin - 10:00am
Dr. Mark Wise - 1:00
Dr. David Glasgow - 3:00pm
2 hours have been reserved for each deposition

July 14, 2010 - Defense depositions in Tennessee - Oak Ridge Lab
State will be present also
Dr. Arpad Vass - 8:00am
8 hours reserved for depo

July 13 - July 14 - Defense, State, Sherriff's Office will be present
Defense wants experts to view OCSO records/evidence

I went to docstoc and found this. 
6/25/2010 Defense Depo List  http://www.docstoc.com/docs/45754660/6252010-Defense-Depo-List
06/30/2010 Defense Amended Witness List  http://www.docstoc.com/docs/45751605/06302010-Defense-Amended-Witness-List
6/23/2010 State Depo List   http://www.docstoc.com/docs/45754440/6232010-State-Depo-List
06/30/2010 Amendment to State Witness List  http://www.docstoc.com/docs/45753750/06302010-Amendment-to-State-Witness-List

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: July 13, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »

When I see a update for Muziman I will post it.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: July 13, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »

Motion filed by Cheney Mason objecting to release of documents related to intended defense review of evidence.
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24241592/detail.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: July 13, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/24241957/detail.html
Casey's 'Dream Team' Examining Evidence
Posted: 11:51 am EDT July 13, 2010Updated: 1:06 pm EDT July 13, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s 'dream team' of experts started arriving in Orlando Tuesday to look over evidence, but it could be a long time before the public knows anything about the evidence being inspected.
Casey's attorneys are fighting to keep the list of evidence private. They turned over the list last week laying out what evidence they planned to inspect and a famous crime expert is looking over some of it Tuesday.

Both members of the defense and prosecutors were at the Orange County Sheriff’s Headquarters Tuesday. The defense team is there trying to keep the specific evidence they're looking at, which prosecutors already know about, secret from the public. Also, the sheriff's office is videotaping the evidence examination so there can be no question as to what happened there.

The defense team's experts showed up Tuesday morning for the first of two days scheduled for them to view key evidence, which was found with Caylee Anthony’s remains in the woods near her house. Taxpayers are paying for the experts and their travel from Connecticut, New York, and Nebraska, and possibly from the Netherlands, to go to the Orange County Sheriff's Headquarters to examine the evidence.

Dr. Henry Lee is among them. Lee caught fire from a California judge over the Phil Spector murder case. Lee was chastised by the judge over the disappearance of key prosecution evidence, the tip of the victim's fingernail, which could have proved that the victim had fought for her life.

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Lee about it Tuesday.
“Are you worried that that could cause problems in the case against Casey if it comes up?” Belich asked Lee.

“No, no. I've done many cases after that. In Washington DC nobody mentioned that,” Lee replied.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason became angry when WFTV asked about whether he's concerned that Lee's problems in the Spector case will adversely affect his work in the case against Casey Anthony.

“Are you worried Dr. Lee's problems in the Phil Spector case will cause problems for your case?” Belich asked Mason.

“I think you’re the problem,” Mason replied.

The defense filed a motion Tuesday (read it) slamming the media in its effort to keep the items of evidence it's examining this week sealed from the public. One of the arguments it makes is that the media will not get to see the defense inspection of the evidence, but that's not really true; it's being videotaped by the sheriff's office and the judge said WFTV will get a copy of the videotape.

Video    Experts Reviewing Evidence  http://www.wftv.com/video/24242779/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: July 13, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »

IMO, Colonel Sanders Cheney Mason needs an attitude adjustment. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: July 13, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »

Cheney Mason arrive to review evidence
http://www.wesh.com/video/24241085/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: July 13, 2010, 01:51:43 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/24241957/detail.html
Casey's 'Dream Team' Examining Evidence
Posted: 11:51 am EDT July 13, 2010Updated: 1:06 pm EDT July 13, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s 'dream team' of experts started arriving in Orlando Tuesday to look over evidence, but it could be a long time before the public knows anything about the evidence being inspected.
Casey's attorneys are fighting to keep the list of evidence private. They turned over the list last week laying out what evidence they planned to inspect and a famous crime expert is looking over some of it Tuesday.

Both members of the defense and prosecutors were at the Orange County Sheriff’s Headquarters Tuesday. The defense team is there trying to keep the specific evidence they're looking at, which prosecutors already know about, secret from the public. Also, the sheriff's office is videotaping the evidence examination so there can be no question as to what happened there.

The defense team's experts showed up Tuesday morning for the first of two days scheduled for them to view key evidence, which was found with Caylee Anthony’s remains in the woods near her house. Taxpayers are paying for the experts and their travel from Connecticut, New York, and Nebraska, and possibly from the Netherlands, to go to the Orange County Sheriff's Headquarters to examine the evidence.

Dr. Henry Lee is among them. Lee caught fire from a California judge over the Phil Spector murder case. Lee was chastised by the judge over the disappearance of key prosecution evidence, the tip of the victim's fingernail, which could have proved that the victim had fought for her life.

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Lee about it Tuesday.
“Are you worried that that could cause problems in the case against Casey if it comes up?” Belich asked Lee.

“No, no. I've done many cases after that. In Washington DC nobody mentioned that,” Lee replied.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason became angry when WFTV asked about whether he's concerned that Lee's problems in the Spector case will adversely affect his work in the case against Casey Anthony.

“Are you worried Dr. Lee's problems in the Phil Spector case will cause problems for your case?” Belich asked Mason.

“I think you’re the problem,” Mason replied.

The defense filed a motion Tuesday (read it) slamming the media in its effort to keep the items of evidence it's examining this week sealed from the public. One of the arguments it makes is that the media will not get to see the defense inspection of the evidence, but that's not really true; it's being videotaped by the sheriff's office and the judge said WFTV will get a copy of the videotape.

Video    Experts Reviewing Evidence  http://www.wftv.com/video/24242779/index.html

I think the TRUTH is the problem for Mason.

Is it Thursday yet? Wink

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »

IMO, Colonel Sanders Cheney Mason needs an attitude adjustment. 

I can't stand that pompous ass.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.