April 20, 2024, 10:13:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 134534 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: July 14, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »

Anthony Defense Team Finishes Survey Of Evidence
Baez: Experts Give Insight Into Evidence In Casey Anthony Case

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Defense attorneys and their experts looked at more evidence in the case against Casey Anthony.

Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said the team finished looking over evidence just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.

"Without giving away details there are plenty of things that you see in person that you can't see in a photograph," Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez said.

On Tuesday, the team looked at dozens of items from the evidence sheet at the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Baez and Mason, along with insect expert Tim Huntington and forensics expert Henry Lee, were on hand again Wednesday to look through more evidence.

“We'll all be together looking at it, so it's all going to be done controlled and orderly,” Mason said.

Baez said the process has gone well so far.

"Any time you get a chance to inspect something you have never seen before, obviously, only in photos, it's a completely different way of looking at things," Baez said.

Baez said that having their experts on hand also gives the defense team crucial insight into the evidence of the case.

"Under the rules of criminal procedure, we are allowed to test items so in all likelihood that is what's going to happen in this case."

The defense team had to wear gowns and gloves for the review.

On Thursday, Judge Belvin Perry will hear an objection by the defense to keep sealed any details about the items they looked at.

http://www.wesh.com/news/24257059/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

Casey Anthony: Cindy is ready to testify, attorney tells WESH

What can we expect at a Thursday hearing in the Casey Anthony case?

Cindy Anthony will testify about her 911 calls at the hearing, and her son, Lee, will testify, too. Casey Anthony, Cindy’s daughter and Lee’s sister, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

On the noon news today, WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing said he had talked to Cindy’s attorney, Brad Conway. “He tells me ‘Cindy is doing well and she is ready to testify,’ ” Kealing said.

Casey Anthony’s defense team continued to inspect evidence today at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. The defense team’s scientific and forensic experts began their examination yesterday.

“Their focus was firmly on one thing — Casey’s car,” WKMG-Ch. 6 anchor Erick Weber said.

“Any time you get a chance to inspect something you’ve never seen before … only in photographs, it’s a completely different way of looking at things,” defense attorney Jose Baez told reporters.

Baez’s comment that he wants a number of items tested grabbed the attention of WESH’s Kealing. “It certainly makes you wonder … how much material we’re talking about and could that further delay Casey Anthony’s trial,” Kealing said. The murder trial is scheduled for May.

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich said the defense wouldn’t say if it found “a significant amount of new evidence” in its examination. “They don’t want us to know exactly what they’re looking at even though the sheriff’s office is videotaping their examination of this evidence and we will see that videotape,” Belich said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-cindy-is-ready-to-testify-attorney-tells-wesh.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: July 14, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »

Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Updated: 1:51 pm EDT July 14, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense team was back at the Orange County Sheriff's Office Wednesday continuing to examine evidence. Defense experts started looking over the evidence on Tuesday and Casey’s lawyer said the experts found things investigators missed.
The defense team claims it made some new discoveries and they want more testing.

“I'll answer your questions. Let them go in and check in,” defense attorney Jose Baez said.

Baez ran interference Wednesday for other members of his team after WFTV asked them some tough questions a day earlier about defense expert Dr. Henry Lee; a California judge criticized Lee for mishandling key prosecution evidence in the Phil Spector murder case, which resulted in evidence disappearing.

The evidence they've chosen to look at in the Casey Anthony case was divided into three bays at the Orange County sheriff's headquarters, including evidence from Casey’s car, which her own parents described as smelling like a dead body and where investigators found one of Caylee Anthony’s hairs they say came from her dead body.

Another bay holds the evidence investigators found in the Anthonys' home, including duct tape and heart stickers that matched evidence found in the nearby woods where Caylee's remains were found. A third bay holds evidence found at the scene where Caylee's remains were discovered.

The defense claims they've made some discoveries.

“There's things you see that you can't see in pictures, that you can’t see in pictures that you see in person,” Baez said.

The defense won't tell WFTV what they've found that they didn't know before or the extent of their discoveries. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

At a hearing Thursday, the defense will try to convince Chief Judge Belvin Perry to seal the evidence they are looking at from the public. Prosecutors already know what the evidence includes, and so do sheriff's investigators.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24253362/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: July 14, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »

Raw Video:  Jose Baez Talks to WFTV on evidence

http://www.wftv.com/video/24257896/index.html
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: July 14, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »

Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Updated: 1:51 pm EDT July 14, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense team was back at the Orange County Sheriff's Office Wednesday continuing to examine evidence. Defense experts started looking over the evidence on Tuesday and Casey’s lawyer said the experts found things investigators missed.
The defense team claims it made some new discoveries and they want more testing.

“I'll answer your questions. Let them go in and check in,” defense attorney Jose Baez said.

Baez ran interference Wednesday for other members of his team after WFTV asked them some tough questions a day earlier about defense expert Dr. Henry Lee; a California judge criticized Lee for mishandling key prosecution evidence in the Phil Spector murder case, which resulted in evidence disappearing.

The evidence they've chosen to look at in the Casey Anthony case was divided into three bays at the Orange County sheriff's headquarters, including evidence from Casey’s car, which her own parents described as smelling like a dead body and where investigators found one of Caylee Anthony’s hairs they say came from her dead body.

Another bay holds the evidence investigators found in the Anthonys' home, including duct tape and heart stickers that matched evidence found in the nearby woods where Caylee's remains were found. A third bay holds evidence found at the scene where Caylee's remains were discovered.

The defense claims they've made some discoveries.

“There's things you see that you can't see in pictures, that you can’t see in pictures that you see in person,” Baez said.

The defense won't tell WFTV what they've found that they didn't know before or the extent of their discoveries. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

At a hearing Thursday, the defense will try to convince Chief Judge Belvin Perry to seal the evidence they are looking at from the public. Prosecutors already know what the evidence includes, and so do sheriff's investigators.

http://www.wftv.com/news/24253362/detail.html

Of course they do. So predictable.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: July 14, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »

Hi No Rose! 

I just hate the thought of what the defense is going to try to do in this case! LKB, and Lee are going to try to build a wall of confusion and I hope the State just keeps it simple.

Hey CBB!
Can't wait until tomorrow.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: July 14, 2010, 02:26:42 PM »

Thanks for the updates NorthernRose.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: July 14, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

Raw Video:  Jose Baez Talks to WFTV on evidence

http://www.wftv.com/video/24257896/index.html

Sorry, got kicked out and not sure what happened but what I wanted to add was that at the end of this video Kathi asks Bobo if taxpayers are paying for the two Dutch touch DNA experts to fly in for this.  He has a bit of a Bobo moment with her and then says "you and your taxpayer nonsense.  You would be amazed, actually the taxpayers are not paying for the Holland trip.  They are opening up a lab in the United States which is why they were here today."

There you have it residents of Florida, you the taxpayer, are nonsense to Bobo. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: July 14, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
07/15/2010           Hearing  (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Perry, Belvin, JR)

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #969 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

Just letting you all know I'll switch threads at 50 ... carry on

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #970 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:49 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and guest!

Can't wait til tomorrow. It should be entertaining at least.

I think Kathi should be nominated for reporter of the year. It does my heart good to see her in action. She sure can set Bozo and Cheney off. lol Monkey Devil!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #971 on: July 14, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

I think Kathi should be nominated for reporter of the year. It does my heart good to see her in action. She sure can set Bozo and Cheney off. lol Monkey Devil!

What I put in BOLD above...I have often thought that. Aren't there Awards for news people? Anyone know what they are called? She deserves to win, IMO.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #972 on: July 14, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »

What I put in BOLD above...I have often thought that. Aren't there Awards for news people? Anyone know what they are called? She deserves to win, IMO.

I know they have awards, but don't know what they are called. But if anyone ever deserved it she does. She has been like a dog on a bone with this case. God Bless her...she asks the hard questions and doesn't back off.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: July 14, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/14/casey-anthony-911-calls-could-be-admitted-into-murder-trial/
July 14, 2010
911 calls could be admitted into Casey Anthony murder trial
Posted: 11:12 AM ET

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: July 14, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/july/122014/Anthony-evidence-inspection-day-2
Casey evidence inspection wraps up
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:08 PM
ORLANDO --

The team of experts brought in to defend Casey Anthony is done reviewing evidence in the case after an all day meet-up Tuesday.

Cheney Mason, one of Casey Anthony's attorneys walked around right after lunch time and said they were calling it a day. They had been inside for just more than 3 hours.

After a defense team huddle attorneys and experts called it "quitting time". Just 3 hours at the sheriff's office, attorney Cheney Mason said they were done.

This ends a two day inspection of evidence being held by the orange county sheriff's office.

Lead attorney Jose Baez says they found things other investigators missed.

"Without giving away any details, they are obviously plenty of things that you can see that you can't see in a photograph," Baez said.

The defense is allowed to test the evidence they've inspected, Baez said that is most likely what will happen.

The defense is fighting to keep the evidence list private. They will argue why in court Thursday.

“When we got all of the evidence sheets and property sheets we anticipated everything we thought might be relevant, what was important,” Baez said.
Baez did say Wednesday morning the team would take another look at evidence from Casey Anthony’s white Pontiac Sunfire. Her mother, Cindy Anthony, made a statement during a 911 call that the car smelled like a dead body had been in there back in 2008.

That's yet another topic that will be argued in court Thursday.

Anthony’s team of experts consists of forensic expert Dr. Henry Lee, DNA experts Selma and Richard Eikelenboom of Holland and forensic entomologist Dr. Timothy Huntington.

The evidence was scattered throughout three rooms where the experts wore lab coats, gloves, and hair nets to preserve the evidence.

For the second day in a row all we got was a wave from the defense team as they left the sheriff's office.

Some of the experts will be back for evidence testing.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: July 14, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »

I know they have awards, but don't know what they are called. But if anyone ever deserved it she does. She has been like a dog on a bone with this case. God Bless her...she asks the hard questions and doesn't back off.

I hope she gets a chance to speak to Cindy tomorrow.   

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »

just a few more.......come on guys....we can do it 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: July 14, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

thanks Triiimmyyyyyy

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: July 14, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »

1 more

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.