April 19, 2024, 02:22:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The...great lie of 'Europe'"  (Read 1589 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 23, 2010, 07:32:29 AM »

The euro crisis is a judgment on the great lie of 'Europe'

The EU is paying the price for its pursuit of 'integration' at any cost, says Christopher Booker

We have still scarcely begun to wake up to the gravity of the crisis now upon us, not just for the eurozone but also for us here in Britain and for the entire global economy. The measures so far taken to prop up the collapsing euro, such as that famous "$1 trillion package", are no more than gestures.

What we are witnessing here is a judgment on the entire deceitful and self-deceiving way in which the "European project" has been assembled over the past 53 years. One of the most important things to understand about that project is that it has only ever had one real agenda. Everything it has done has been directed to one ultimate goal, full political and economic integration. The headline labels put on the various stages of that process may have changed over the years, such as building first a "common market", then a "single market", finally a "constitution". But by far the most important project of all was locking the member states into a single currency.

...there was no way economic and monetary union could work unless it was run by a single all-powerful economic government, with the power to raise taxes.

As was advised by Sir Donald MacDougall's report to Brussels in 1978, it could only work if, following the US model, between 20 and 25 per cent of Europe's GDP was available to such a government, to enable a huge transfer of wealth from richer countries such as Germany to the poorer, more backward countries of southern Europe – and how ironically has that come about!

As alarming as anything, with this tsunami roaring down on us, has been the sight of our new leaders preening themselves with their list of irrelevant little "coalition policies" and babyish boasts about the "greatest democratic shake-up since the 1832 Reform Act", as if none of this was happening. As one analyst put it: "They are like children let loose in the sweet shop, seemingly oblivious to the horrendous reality unfolding before us."

A well-known economist said wryly to me last week: "Bring back the days of Alistair Darling and Gordon Brown. At least they had some grasp of what is going on. This lot are just totally out of their depth."

more here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/7754100/The-euro-crisis-is-a-judgment-on-the-great-lie-of-Europe.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »

from the comments -

I voted against the UK joining the EU, and still believe it was the wrong thing for us to do. We are now ruled by those we fought, twice, to keep out; we are invaded by immigrants, legal and illegal, who take work from the indiginous population (some of whome don't want to work anyway but are still prepared to accept the financial aid).

Was joining the EU the cause of us now having no industry? (I believe so).
We are up to our necks in debt and no means of ever paying it off.

Lionel B Martin
on May 23, 2010
at 11:34 AM

Folks are waking up to the redistribution of wealth aspect of what the eurozone leads into - and the federalisation-by-stealth agenda which would enable this with a lot less public fuss from those better-off states paying out others as clients.

The so-called global fiscal crisis is a nice train to hitch the European integration agenda wagons - any excuse for Brussels to to take more powers unto itself.

In national politics we see the nature of a client state strategy and that some parts of our country are always clients of others in terms of the flow of taxes in, and benefits and other payments out.

Europe is just the same thing - in spades - and between regions with no coherence, no affinity at all. This will go on until the clients devour the donors and somebody wakes up as the Ponzi scheme collapses.
simon coulter
on May 23, 2010
at 10:15 AM

Cabbage soup and a roll !
Anyone ?

Specky
on May 23, 2010
at 09:23 AM

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.