April 19, 2024, 04:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nonnie Dotson 33, Air Force Nurse Missing , Littleton CO  (Read 15818 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 29, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »

Family pleads for missing nurse
By Felisa Cardona
Article Last Updated: 01/29/2007 01:42:37 PM MST

Nonnie Dotson, an Air Force nurse who has been missing from her brother's home in Littleton since November. Her family went on national television to plead for information about her. (Jefferson County Sheriff's office.)

The family of missing Air Force nurse Nonnie Dotson appeared on the CBS Early Show today to plead for information about her disappearance.

Dotson, 33, of San Antonio, Texas, was visiting her brother in Littleton on Nov. 19 when she walked from his home to get a smoothie and never returned.

She left her toddler daughter Savannah behind.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is out of leads in the case, the family said. Authorities have also ruled out Savannah's biological father, Edward Vehle, as a suspect.

But her mother, Candice Dotson, told the Early Show that there is no way she would have left her little girl behind.

"Not a chance. She would not leave her daughter," Candice Dotson said. "She had bought a house, she had settled, she was getting out of the military in March, there is no way. If there was something bad, there is no way she would leave Savannah."

The family says Savannah still cries for her mother and has figured out that something is wrong.

"I think somebody has taken her," Candice Dotson said of her daughter. "I know somebody has taken her. She didn't just go off by herself. Someone has taken her and is holding her against her will. We know that."

Staff writer Felisa Cardona can be reached at 303-954-1219 or at fcardona@denverpost.com.

http://test.denverpost.com/news/ci_5111768

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=4948960&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Created: Thursday, 15 Nov 2007, 9:50 PM MST
Answer Still Sought In Air Force Nurse Disappearance

Nearly one year has passed since the disappearance of Air Force nurse Nonnie Ann Dotson, with a solution to the mystery seemingly no closer.
However, the case has recently been re-assigned to Jefferson County Sheriff's investigator Kate Battan, and she says there is clearly work that can be done toward finding an answer behind the 33-year-old San Antonio woman's vanishing.

"When it was reassigned to me, and I started reviewing the case, as soon as I saw that there were questions, in my mind, that have not been answered, then I am actively working this case," said Battan.

"I actually have a list of people that I would like to interview again."

Dotson, who was based at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Air Force Base outside San Antonio, came to the Denver area with her then 1-year-old daughter, Savannah, to visit her brother Tony Dotson, who lives in Ken Karyl Ranch.

She left his home the afternoon of Nov. 19, with apparent plans to do a few errands. She never returned, and it's not even certain that errands were her actual reason for leaving that day, with her daughter in her brother's care.

Her passport was left behind at her home in San Antonio, she left many other personal effects at her brother's home including medicine required as follow-up to recent eye surgery and none of her credit cards or bank accounts have shown activity since she went missing.

"I don't believe she's still with us," said her mother, Candice Doyle, who now lives in Nonnie Dotson's north San Antonio home and cares for Savannah. "In my heart, I think she's gone.

"I'm not ready to do any kind of a memorial. I still am not there. I can't accept that, yet. But in my heart, I believe she's gone."

However, there will be a remembrance of Nonnie Dotson in San Antonio and Littleton on Sunday.

Friends will gather in Colorado near Johnson Reservoir in Clement Park, and at a 9/11 memorial near Lackland A.F.B. in Texas, to release balloons and celebrate Dotson's life.

Doyle said that Savannah, now talking, frequently asks about her mother.

"She asks, 'Where is my mama?' And we tell her that we don't know, that we're looking for her, at that we'll never stop looking for her. We tell her that her mama got lost, and she can't find her way back home."

Also, Doyle said, "We take her to a psychologist to make sure we're doing all the right things."

Savannah's father is San Antonio resident Edward Vehle, who never married Nonnie Dotson, and broke up with her prior to Savannah's birth.

A Bexar (Texas) County judge ruled little more than a month before Dotson vanished that Vehle must pay her $10,000 in back child support, plus another $900 per month until the girl turned 18.

Vehle initially balked at talking with investigators, but was eventually interviewed by Bexar County Sheriff's detectives, at the request of their Jefferson County counterparts.

Vehle and Nonnie's mother and step-father will square off in a Bexar County courtroom Nov. 26 in a trial to determine custody of Savannah.

Jefferson County Sheriff's investigator Battan said she'll follow its with interest.

"It is still information that might shed some light that we didn't know before, so all information is information that I want," said Battan. "We always look at the people who know her, the people closest to her, the people that she associates with, whether it's on the Internet or whether it's people in her life."

Police have named no suspects in the case, in part because there is still no certainty even that a crime has been committed. Still, Battan admits that in 2007 it is harder for people to vanish completely than it used to be.

"In some ways I think it's really, really hard to just disappear without a trace," said Battan. "I think it's very hard to do that. There are so many ways that we can find people."

However, she added, "In the advent of identity theft, if you have a very, very smart, smart person, it's really easy to find a new identity.

But I think that would be the exception not the rule, because you would have to be very savvy about ID theft."

Battan said she has developed a gut feeling about the answer to whether Dotson disappeared against her will or voluntarily, but wouldn't share it for publication.

"The information is pointing me in a direction that I'm not sure this investigation went in before," she said.

Dotson danced and spoke with several men the night before she disappeared, at the Grizzly Rose, near Interstate 25 and 58th Avenue. But Battan said all her contacts that night have been interviewed, and that for her, they did not raise "red flags."

"We always look at where was she last seen who last saw her. Where do we go from there" Battan said.

"I know she was on the Internet (logged into an undisclosed Web site) at 2:07 p.m. on November 19th, so that's where I start," she said. "What happened at 2:08?"

Ken Murray, a San Antonio dance instructor whose country dancing class is where Dotson and Vehle originally met, fears the worse.

"She's not alive," Murray said. "She couldn't be alive, and be away from her child this long."

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:22:39 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »

WOW....what a beautiful photograph !! WOW....
 Sad

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »

Fears grow about fate of missing AF nurse

Investigators at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Colorado have a saying when it comes to cracking the stubborn case of Nonnie Dotson.
Let the story tell itself.

Problem is, Dotson, a former Air Force nurse at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, disappeared in Littleton, Colo., her hometown, a year ago this week.

And her story has yet to be heard.

"The case has become really cold," said Jacki Kelley, a Jefferson County sheriff's spokeswoman. "We have no crime. We have no suspects."

Meanwhile, the missing mom's 2-year-old daughter has learned to talk. And Savannah Marie, the object of a rancorous custody battle between her mom's parents and her father that could go to trial here Monday, is asking questions.

"She'll ask, 'Where's my mommy?'" said Candice Doyle, 53, Nonnie Dotson's mother, who currently has custody of Savannah. "We don't hide anything from her. We basically tell her her mom got lost. And we can't find her. And she can't find her way home."

The grandmother sat with her husband, Kevin Doyle, 56, inside the living room of their daughter's North Bexar County home this week as Savannah napped in another room. Hundreds of photographs chronicling 33 years of Nonnie Dotson's life lay scattered across a nearby table.

The Doyles upended their lives when their daughter disappeared, leaving jobs and a home in California to move here and care for Savannah, they said. This week, the anguish of not knowing his daughter's fate surfaced in Kevin Doyle's face and in his clipped responses to a reporter's questions.

"We don't know," he said. "We don't know what happened to our daughter."

Last year, Nonnie Dotson went to visit her brother in Littleton. One night, she left her then-16-month-old daughter in the care of her sister-in-law and went out dancing at The Grizzly Rose, a western-themed nightclub in Denver, where she met a man, according to a sheriff's report.

The next day, on Nov. 19, 2006, Nonnie Dotson left her brother's house around 3 p.m. to "go out to dinner, shopping and dancing," the report stated. She left with "an unknown female in an unknown vehicle — unusual behavior for Nonnie," her sister-in-law told authorities.

Her relatives haven't seen her since.

The next day, authorities contacted the man she'd met at The Grizzly Rose. The man said Nonnie Dotson told him at the nightclub that she "hates the military" and was due back at her base in a few days, the report stated. (Nonnie Dotson had about five months left to serve in the military when she disappeared, according to court records.)

The man told authorities he hadn't seen her since.

A year later, investigators have unearthed nothing new. The mystery was reassigned this month to a homicide investigator in Jefferson County who routinely handles missing person cases that have gone cold. But nothing indicates Nonnie Dotson suffered foul play, Kelley said.

Investigators, though, have a hunch.

"The passage of time is an indicator to us that there may have been foul play," Kelley said.

The Doyles fear the worst.

"She loved (her daughter). There was no way she would ever leave her," Candice Doyle said, holding up photographs of Savannah that Nonnie Dotson had taken professionally every month of her daughter's first year of life.

At first, investigators focused their attention on Edward Vehle, Savannah's father, who initially refused to speak to authorities about his former lover's disappearance.

The unmarried couple's relationship had been stormy and brief.

Two months after their daughter was born, Nonnie Dotson filed a paternity suit against Vehle.

Nonnie Dotson testified two months before she vanished that Vehle harbored "anger" and "resentment" about Savannah's birth, and Vehle acknowledged that an announcement of Savannah's birth sent to his Hollywood Park home was torn in half and returned with the words, "It's a Bastard," according to court records.

Vehle didn't return phone messages for this report. His attorney, James Bass, declined to comment regarding the birth announcement.

One month before Nonnie Dotson disappeared, a judge awarded her primary joint managing conservatorship of Savannah. Vehle also has been ordered to pay more than $10,000 in back child support.

At his final court appearance, Vehle "was so extremely angry and out of control that the bailiff insisted that he accompany (Nonnie Dotson) and her attorney to their vehicle," according to an affidavit given by Candice Doyle.

Before she left for Colorado, Nonnie Dotson told her mother that "she was being followed and had her car broken into in San Antonio," and she feared that Vehle was responsible, the affidavit stated.

A former attorney for Vehle said that Vehle was clearing land in the Texas Hill Country with relatives the day before Nonnie Dotson disappeared, and that he returned that night to San Antonio to attend a dance class.

Vehle finally agreed in December to speak with investigators, but the interview yielded no new clues about the disappearance, authorities said.

The same month, Vehle filed a lawsuit requesting he be appointed sole managing conservator of Savannah, a prospect that appalls the Doyles.

"If Savannah grows up in a home where she thinks, as (Vehle) has testified, that her mother was an abusive, crazy woman who abused him and abandoned her, that, I believe, will do major psychological damage to Savannah as she's growing up," Candice Doyle has testified.

Vehle disagrees, according to his attorney.

"He thinks it would be best if she's with him," Bass said. "I mean, he's the father."

The case is scheduled to be heard Monday morning in the 288th District Court.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA112307.01A.dotson_case.282c35e.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »

Homicide Detective Assigned to Nonnie Dotson Case

December 5, 2007
LITTLETON, Colo.(Crime Library) — It has been over a year since Air Force nurse Nonnie Dotson, 33, vanished and authorities are still no closer to solving the mystery of her disappearance.

Nonnie was reported missing on November 19, 2007, just three days after arriving in Littleton from her home in San Antonio, Texas. According to her brother, Tony Dotson, she had spent the previous night out with friends at the Grizzly Rose Saloon and Dance Emporium where she stayed at least until midnight.

Nonnie spent the following morning surfing the Internet and then later in the afternoon she told Tony she was going to the Jefferson Village shopping center, which is just a few minutes away from Tony's home, to catch up with old friends. Nonnie left her 16-month-old toddler, Savannah, with Tony and walked out the door at 2:00 p.m. That was the last time anyone saw her.

On November 24, 2006, CNN News' Nancy Grace interviewed Jefferson County Sheriff's Department media spokesperson Jim Shires about Nonnie's disappearance. During the interview, Shires discussed the search for Nonnie's missing cell phone, which he said police had been able to trace to a field by C-470 and South Kipling Parkway. The location is not far from Nonnie's brother's house and is en route to the shopping center where she was supposed to meet her friends.

"We tried three or four times to, as they say, 'triangulate' where that cell phone was and we came up to the same location each time we did that," he said.""That field, that area where that phone was supposedly located at, and had not moved for three days until, we believe, (the) battery went dead, has been walked by our K-9 units, many of our employees here, investigators here (and) sheriff's deputies."

>>>>the complete article

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1207/0501_nonnie_dotson1.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

Father Granted Custody Of Missing Mom's Daughter

POSTED: 6:07 pm CST January 17, 2008
UPDATED: 6:37 pm CST January 17, 2008
SAN ANTONIO -- A Bexar County jury granted custody of the 2-year-old daughter of a mother missing since 2006 to her father.

The jury returned its verdict shortly after 6 p.m., granting custody of Savannah Dotson to her father, Edward Vehle.

The toddler had been living with her maternal grandparents since her mother, Nonnie Dotson, went missing on a trip to Denver in November 2006.

Her parents moved to San Antonio from California to care for their grandchild when they said living with her father would be too traumatic.

Vehle said he had a right to raise his daughter.

http://www.ksat.com/news/15079319/detail.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »

Father Granted Custody Of Missing Mom's Daughter

POSTED: 6:07 pm CST January 17, 2008
UPDATED: 6:37 pm CST January 17, 2008
SAN ANTONIO -- A Bexar County jury granted custody of the 2-year-old daughter of a mother missing since 2006 to her father.

The jury returned its verdict shortly after 6 p.m., granting custody of Savannah Dotson to her father, Edward Vehle.

The toddler had been living with her maternal grandparents since her mother, Nonnie Dotson, went missing on a trip to Denver in November 2006.

Her parents moved to San Antonio from California to care for their grandchild when they said living with her father would be too traumatic.

Vehle said he had a right to raise his daughter.

http://www.ksat.com/news/15079319/detail.html

Thanks for the update, BB.  This must be very, very difficult for Nonnie's parents, and I pray the little one will be safe from harm.  I hope Vehle is being watched very, very CLOSELY. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »

http://www.nonnie-dotson.com/2.html

Help find Nonnie Dotson

Posted by Beau Dotson 6/14/2008

Sorry I haven’t been able to post as often as I would like. I’m currently deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan and the military has since blocked this site due to blog related material. Now the only way I can update the site is when websense is down, which doesn’t happen that often.

On a positive note the judge dropped the child support case against us.
We still have to pay Mr. Vehle court costs but I doubt he will ever get the full amount considering his age.

It seems Savannah is adjusting to the change better then expected.  She's always a delight when she's around her grandparents.  Usually puts up a fuss when she has to return to kids exchange for Mr. Vehle pickup.  Mr. Vehle doesn't want to interact with the Dotson family so Savannah has to be dropped off at an exchange thirty minutes prior to his arrival. 

There haven't been any new leads in the case.  To be honest at this point I just want to find her so that we can give her a proper burial.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.

Posted by Beau Dotson 3/14/2008

I’ve tried to keep all posting impersonal as possible but I am at the point where I can’t.
The latest decision from the judge has made me extremely angry.
Peter Sakai of the 225th District Court decided to give Edward Vehle primary care of Savannah.  Which means Ed will benefit from my sister death.

When the Air Force decides to classify my sister as deceased he will gain access to her life insurance, social security, bank accounts, and any property she currently has. Not only that but he will receive 50 % of her pay from the Air Force until Savannah turns 18.
Peter Sakai also decided our family should pay all of Edward Vehle lawyer fees which total $175,000.00. On top of this ridiculous decision my mother will have to pay 20% child support to Edward.  We did receive 42% grandparents rights but why would grandparents have to pay child support when he's the executive to Nonnie estate?!?
Our family is planning on appealing but when will it ever end!

From day one Edward hasn’t wanted Savannah and everything he has done has been out of spite because of our actions when Nonnie went missing.  The best interest for Savannah should be the number one priority and it's unfortunate Edward doesn't think the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help find Nonnie Dotson
HomeLatest newsContactPicturesGuest BookPosted by Beau Dotson 6/14/2008

Sorry I haven’t been able to post as often as I would like. I’m currently deployed to Kabul, Afghanistan and the military has since blocked this site due to blog related material. Now the only way I can update the site is when websense is down, which doesn’t happen that often.

On a positive note the judge dropped the child support case against us.
We still have to pay Mr. Vehle court costs but I doubt he will ever get the full amount considering his age.

It seems Savannah is adjusting to the change better then expected.  She's always a delight when she's around her grandparents.  Usually puts up a fuss when she has to return to kids exchange for Mr. Vehle pickup.  Mr. Vehle doesn't want to interact with the Dotson family so Savannah has to be dropped off at an exchange thirty minutes prior to his arrival. 

There haven't been any new leads in the case.  To be honest at this point I just want to find her so that we can give her a proper burial.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 03:21:49 PM »

This case is very upsetting to me.  There has been nothing new in such a long time.  While looking for something new I came across an old website that was at least interesting, if nothing else.  I only hope the psychic is right and the perp does confess.  Here is the link.

http://www.briansprediction.com/warnings234.htm
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

Posted by Beau Dotson 4/4/2011

Marc Klaas discusses the disappearance of Nonnie Dotson

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgyncr_marc-klaas-discusses-the-disappearance-of-nonnie-dotson_news

Posted by Beau Dotson 3/7/2011

Last month Nancy Grace aired a clip on '50 people in 50 days'.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/08/50-people-in-50-days-air-force-nurse-vanished-while-on-leave/

Posted by Beau Dotson 10/27/2010

The judge has granted visitation rights to the Dotson family AGAIN and Ed continues to fight the decision. We will never give up on our request for grandparent’s rights so he might as well just give up and accept it.

Edward Vehle apparently wants to change Savannah name to Sarah, her backpack has the name Sarah and Savannah.  He needs help, you can't just change a child name and think it's not going to affect her.  My mother offered to go to counseling with Ed to work out whatever issues he has with her but he declined the offer

I did speak with the homicide detective last week.  Nothing new regarding Nonnie disappearance.

Posted by Beau Dotson 8/2/2010

Our lawyer was forced to re-file the petition, so, we won’t have a court date for at least two weeks.

Posted by Beau Dotson 7/20/2010

The Dotson family lost custody of Savannah back in March.  We have not seen Savannah since then.  The judge gave us grandparents rights last month allowing us to see Savannah once a month.  The ruling should have gone into effect in July but Edward Vehle lawyer appealed the ruling on a Friday afternoon.  Their request was denied by the judge but Edward kept Savannah anyways.  Another court date has been established for July 27th.  Ed continues to think about himself and could care less about how he is affecting Savannah in all this.

My mother was forced to move out of Nonnie house.  She offered the house to Edward but he never responded to the offer.  The house has since went into foreclosure.

The date of Nonnie funeral will be posted as soon as I know.

Posted by Beau Dotson 2/2/2010

The United States Air Force of Special Investigations has changed the status of the case from missing person to deceased.  The Air Force will hold a military funeral, date yet to be determined by family, at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery.  Jefferson and Bexar County will keep the case open until evidence is found otherwise.

Edward Vehle is doing anything he can to prevent the Dotson family from seeing Savannah.  Three weeks in a row he has failed to follow court orders to drop Savannah off at Kids Exchange for our weekly visit.  We have submitted the required paperwork to take him back to court to resolve the issue.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »

Oh Nonnie, where are you?    I often look through UID's for her in my searches for matches for the missing

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »

Edward Vehle legally changed Savannah name to Sarah Vehle.

What an evil @#$%^^^&*.     He wants to erase all of Nonnie from Savannah's life. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »

http://www.militarycorruption.com/dotson2.htm

FEARS MOUNT ON FATE OF MISSING AIR FORCE
NURSE - BLOODHOUNDS LOSE SCENT NEAR
ENTRANCE RAMP TO PARKWAY - CELL PHONE
WAS ON FOR 90 HOURS BEFORE BATTERY
WENT DEAD - ESTRANGED FATHER OF LT NONNIE
DOTSON'S 16-MONTH OLD DAUGHTER NOW
TALKING TO COPS - WAS ATTRACTIVE OFFICER
ABDUCTED OR DID SHE MEET WITH TWO MEN
SHE SAW AT LOCAL BAR NIGHT BEFORE?

You know, I've never understood how, with all the resources at the military's disposal, they couldn't help find one of their own. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.