April 19, 2024, 07:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debra Rixey 54, Fairfield, CA Last Seen 5/20/10(Car / body found)  (Read 5973 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 24, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »

http://**/ci_15149771?source=most_viewed
Fairfield police seek help in locating missing woman
May 24, 2010

A 54-year-old Fairfield woman is missing, and police are asking for the public's help in finding her.

Debra Rixey's disappearance was reported on Friday. She was last seen at a gas station in Nevada County on Thursday, police said, and had reportedly been en route back to Fairfield after visiting a friend.

Rixey never made it home.

Family members said the woman may be suicidal, though no specific threats were made before her disappearance.

She is considered to be at risk.

Rixey was driving a Silver 2001 Honda Civic bearing the license plate 4TYP129.

She is described as white, 5 foot 2, 150 pounds, with black hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at 428-7300 or Solano Crime Stoppers at 644-STOP.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:39:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

I had just made the thread Debra Rixey was missing and went to do research on her case.  Her car has been found with a body inside.  No identification on the body yet.
http://**/breaking-news/ci_15151012?nclick_check=1
Body found inside car belonging to missing woman
May 24, 2010

A body has been found inside a car belonging to a Fairfield woman who went missing late last week, Fairfield police said this morning.

Debra Rixey, 54, was last seen in Nevada County on Thursday and was reported missing Friday. She had been visiting a friend and was believed to be on her way back home but never arrived in Fairfield.

At about 2 p.m. Sunday, a California State Parks ranger located Rixey's 2001 Honda Civic in a remote area of Nevada County. The Nevada County Sheriff's Office responded and discovered a body inside the car.

Authorities have not confirmed the body is that of Rixey. Fairfield police said it does not appear any foul play was involved in the death.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »

This may be Debra Rixey, but I will wait for confirmation/identification of the body before moving or considering her to be found.

http://cbs13.com/local/missing.fairfield.woman.2.1711530.html
Missing Woman's Car Found With Body Inside
May 24, 2010

NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) ―

The Nevada County Sheriff's Department believes the body of a missing Fairfield woman has been found.

Debra Rixey, 54, was last seen Thursday in Nevada County.

A state park ranger found Rixey's car in a remote area of Nevada County.

A woman's body was found in the trunk of the car, and deputies believe it is Rixey. An autopsy will be conducted to confirm the identity and exact cause of death.

However, deputies do not believe foul play was involved.  They had been reports that Rixey was suicidal and a suicide note was found.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »

This may be Debra Rixey, but I will wait for confirmation/identification of the body before moving or considering her to be found.

May 24, 2010

NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) ―

The Nevada County Sheriff's Department believes the body of a missing Fairfield woman has been found.

A woman's body was found in the trunk of the car, and deputies believe it is Rixey. An autopsy will be conducted to confirm the identity and exact cause of death.

However, deputies do not believe foul play was involved.  They had been reports that Rixey was suicidal and a suicide note was found.

So are they saying she committed suicide by putting the car in gear, jumping in the trunk and shutting the trunk door?  Sounds far fetched to me suicide note or not. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:11:55 PM »

May 24, 2010

NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) ―

So are they saying she committed suicide by putting the car in gear, jumping in the trunk and shutting the trunk door?  Sounds far fetched to me suicide note or not. 

Really -- shutting the trunk on yourself WTH -- I know it's not impossible, but really. . .

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:52:32 PM »

A state park ranger found the body of a missing Fairfield woman above Bridgeport in what is believed to have been a suicide.

Debra Marlene Rixey, 54, was last seen at a gas station in Nevada County on Thursday and was reported missing Friday. It is believed she was on her way back to Fairfield after visiting a friend, but she never returned to Fairfield.

A park ranger found Rixey's silver 2001 Honda Civic at about 2 p.m. Sunday, parked in a dirt turnout on Pleasant Valley Road north of Bridgeport, said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.

Rixey's body was found in the trunk, initially leading law enforcement to suspect a homicide, Royal said.

“It was very unusual,” he said. “But there were no signs of injury or trauma. There was nothing suspicious, no evidence of foul play.”

Rixey allegedly got into the trunk with a pillow and left notes to loved ones, Royal said. A number of pill bottles were found in the trunk, with most of the pills gone, he added.

Family members had said that the woman might be suicidal, although no specific threats were made before she disappeared, police said.

An autopsy was performed Monday morning, but the cause of death remains undetermined pending toxicology results, Royal said.

“It's very tragic,” he said. “Clearly, she did not want to be found until after she was deceased.”

To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, e-mail lkellar@theunion.com or call (530) 477-4229.

http://www.theunion.com/article/20100524/NEWS/100529877/1007&parentprofile=1053

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »

For some reason I had assumed the car had been pulled from the water, I don't know why.

Now I see it was found in a remote area so I can see how she would put herself in the trunk.  Very sad.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15:05 PM »

very sad

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.