March 28, 2024, 08:27:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Calderon and Holder Agree: US Gun Control Is the Answer"  (Read 1456 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 24, 2010, 03:53:22 PM »

Mexican President Felipe Calderon continues to weigh in on US laws. After siding with Obama against the laws and citizens of Arizona he is moving on to new topics. It seems that Calderon and Attorney General Eric Holder agree that Assault Weapons should be banned in the US. Obama and the Democrats are now blaming Mexican violence on US gun laws. Witness Dick Durbin the Senator from Illinois saying that we should "look at US policy on guns and drugs" before making judgements on immigration.Calderon now blames Mexican violence on Second Amendment rights.

Calderon and the Democrats have no argument for blaming Mexico's violence on US guns. Fist of all the US has not experienced an increase in gun crime due to the expiration of the assault weapons ban years ago. Yet gun violence in Mexico has escalated. There are many, many countries with rampant guns and violence that are nowhere near the US border. Can you say Zaire, Burma and Columbia? This whole argument makes no sense-and it's just another example of Calderon regurgitating Obama talking points. However US Citizens should listen carefully to Calderon. He gives not so subtle clues on where Obama wants to take the country.

more here - http://beforeitsnews.com/news/47/444/Calderon_and_Holder_Agree:_US_Gun_Control_Is_the_Answer.html

How many articles suggest that the drug problem is the US's?  If we just stopped the buyers, there would be no violence/drug gangs/drug problems.

Why not STOP the BUYERS in Mexico of all these guns?  Where are they getting the money?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:28 AM »

The guns are not coming from North America for the most part. Most of the weapons we see today in Mexico are coming from South America and central America supplied by countries like Cuba and Russia imports to Venezuela working thee way up to our borders..

The BIG lie .. Is when political leaders fail to discuss the real issues.

American citizen gun rights are not the REAL issue ..Just a convenient one.

Did you know that Mexican citizens have no rights to own a weapon ?

Have you noticed how many atrocities have happened over the last 5 years in Mexico to average every day citizens ?

I used to Like Calderon... Looks like just another lost in space puppet now.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »

Who protects Mexican families from gangs? 

Is every family part of the extended gang?

How much less violence would there be in Mexico if every man, woman, and child knew how to use a gun?

If every Mexican could legally own a gun?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »

I think gun ownership is a state of mind that Americans are generationed into..
We do not go around shooting each other for the most part. It does happen but when you consider 350 million people inside the united states it is still rare unless you live in a gang "criminal" enviorment.
 We have a constitution that gives us this RIGHT to bear arms and I believe most people respect that right even if they themselves do not own a weapon.

Mexico ..The weapon of choice is a knife and a machete as well as sticks and rocks. All of which are lethal if used for that purpose.
I would be afraid to allow the population of Mexico to own weapons without proper education before such ownership. The nation is already in turmoil and it would launch into civil war. They do not own the mindset that we own from history and birth in my humble opinion.
The people of Mexico..
Many of them already possess illegal arms for self protection of there homes and families.
It is a big secret and rarely used because they would be guilty of a crime as they do not have the right to defend themselves with a gun.
Only the criminals Military and police own guns openly in Mexico.. and all 3 are corrupted What does that tell you 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.