March 18, 2024, 08:49:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 567605 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »

Neves, who is Cummings' mother, said there is still no evidence to show Haleigh is dead, as investigators have concluded. She has not been found.

"We are very frustrated," Neves said. "It has been a very long time."

Neves said she talked with Cummings, who is jailed in Putnam County and is expected to be sentenced to 15 years in prison on the drug charges. Neves said her son is heartbroken and saddened he could not be at the balloon release.

"He just wants to be left alone and be with [thoughts of] Haleigh," she said.

http://jacksonville.com/dana-treen/2010-08-17/story/accusation-misty-croslin-has-said-cousin-abducted-haleigh-2009

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »

Croslin family members have said Overstreet, who returned to Tennessee the day after Haleigh vanished, was at the mobile home the night she disappeared 18 months ago. Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., was also there at some point that night.

Fields said it is not clear if Croslin Jr. was at the mobile home when Haleigh was attacked.

Croslin Jr., 24, has said he was there earlier that night. He and his sister are telling investigators similar stories, Fields said, but said some inconsistencies have surfaced.

Croslin Jr. has said he delayed telling his part of the story because he feared for the welfare of his family. He relented after his family moved from Satsuma when he, too, was jailed in the same drug-trafficking operation as his sister, Cummings and two others.
http://jacksonville.com/dana-treen/2010-08-17/story/accusation-misty-croslin-has-said-cousin-abducted-haleigh-2009

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »

Investigators questioned Overstreet, now 21, that February and again this year in Tennessee where he lives.

But he has never been charged or named a suspect.

Shawn Sirgo, his attorney in Tennessee, said Overstreet was nowhere near the mobile home and was with another relative when they learned Haleigh was gone.

"I don't know how many times Misty has changed, modified the story," he said. "I don't believe anything she said."

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:21 AM »

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Grandma Flo, welcome back. You have told us that you got calls a while back from Misty and Tommy, who were both in prison -- and they still are -- and they told you over the phone the real story of what happened that night.

HOLLARS (via phone): Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, you`ve heard this new story, Flo. Right? You heard me outline it in the intro. Do you believe that this story dovetails and goes along with what they told you? Or is it something different?

HOLLARS:
No, ma`am. It`s what she told me on the telephone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, tell me again what she told you, and then we can see if it`s the same thing.

HOLLARS: She told me, she says, "Nanny, Joe came in at" -- well, Tommy was there, too, at the time. And she said Joe came in looking for the machine gun that Ron had, because he was going to steal it. And it wasn`t there. And he started swinging his knife and telling everybody that he would kill them if they said anything.

And Misty said that he started towards her with the knife, and she went and grabbed Junior and jumped in the bed and covered up her head, and that she heard Haleigh cry in the living room. And then they was out of there. She also said they tied her up with a yellow rope, and they put the cinderblocks and dropped her in the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Misty`s attorney says it`s not clear if Misty`s brother Tommy was there during this alleged attack. But you`re saying that Tommy was there and that, in fact, Tommy and Joe went down to the river and dumped the child`s body?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am. That`s exactly what I`m saying. Because Misty stated that Tommy had went home at one time, but then he came back again. And I`m thinking he came back to help Joe get rid of the body.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now back to Flora Hollars. Grandma Flo is how we know her.

How would Misty know about what happened down by the river if she was cowering under a sheet and only heard the van door slam and drive off? She -- the cops took her down to the river, and you see her right there talking to investigators on that shot. Now, if she was cowering under a sheet, she wouldn`t know what happened down by the river?

HOLLARS: No. I`m sure she was carried down there to be shown.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Say that again.

HOLLARS: I`m sure she was carried down there and shown where it was at.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: By who?

HOLLARS: By Tommy and Joe.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well...

HOLLARS: Y`all just really don`t know what kind of a child Joe is. Joe didn`t pass his lie detector test, just like none of the rest of them did.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you know, he has not been named a suspect. Cops have interviewed him twice, and they elected not to name him a suspect or a person of interest.

So -- and by the way, if he wants to come on and tell his story tomorrow he`s invited along with his attorney.

But what do you make of the fact that people are saying the story doesn`t really completely add up. Like why would he hurt the child because he couldn`t find a machine gun, Grandma Flo?

HOLLARS:
Because he was wanting that machine gun.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What?

HOLLARS: He was wanting that machine gun. He had already stole the pistol, and they had to get it back from him because Ron was fixed to beat him up.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Grandma Flo, are you scared for your granddaughter to go to prison for the rest of her life?

HOLLARS: Yes, I am. I`ve also stated that I wish they`d send me down there and lock me in the jail -- in the cell with her for about a week, and I`d get it out of her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Grandma Flo, thank you for joining us.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/17/ijvm.01.html

Heart
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »

I wish Joe would come on the show and tell his side of story. "If" he is innocent then I for one would like to see him come on the show and put an end to the rumors.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: August 18, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »

I wish Joe would come on the show and tell his side of story. "If" he is innocent then I for one would like to see him come on the show and put an end to the rumors.
Sorry Izzy58, don't think that your wish will come true any time soon.  It is sad that this case has gone on for so long with so many characters involved.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: August 18, 2010, 01:06:11 AM »

Croslin faces 25 years after trafficking plea

Posted: August 18, 2010 - 12:10am

Croslin, 19, was charged with trafficking between 28 grams and 30 kilograms of Oxycodone after selling 155 Endocet tablets to an undercover officer on Jan. 8.

The tablets, which totaled 70.7 grams, sold for $800, Assistant State Attorney Jason Lewis said Tuesday during Croslin's court appearance before St. Johns Circuit Judge Wendy W. Berger.

more...
http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-08-18/croslin-faces-25-years-after-trafficking-plea

Heart
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:35 AM »

Sorry Izzy58, don't think that your wish will come true any time soon.  It is sad that this case has gone on for so long with so many characters involved.

I know...just wishful thinking.....well it's late so I'm off to bed. Nite everyone!
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #608 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »

From the moment I saw the photos of Joe O.  I have had a sinking feeling in my stomach.  I realize I am projecting but...

I have a 31 year old nephew that I love like a son.  He has a heart of gold and is just an injured little boy inside a awkward man's body.  That is what I see.

What everyone else sees is a mean, cold, liar, who would allow a long time family friend be stabbed in the leg while he hid from drug dealers in another room.   He is a serious crack user but will use anything else if crack is not available to him.  He cannot be trusted with family heirlooms or even his own treasured items.

Everytime I see Joe and his reaction during the interview I see my nephew.  The sad, pitiful, small in stature, person who is being scapegoated by the entire world.   Poor, poor, pitiful him.

As I said, I love my nephew and support him in any efforts to be drug free, so I am not trying to be mean and nasty towards Joe.  It is just the sinking feeling I have always had when I saw him.

My opinion only.

Terri
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »

I woke up this morning with Haleigh on my mind.  I had dreamed that someone I know was on a team looking for her, but was digging into a cliff, not anywhere near a pond.  Don't know why I dreamed that.....anyway, was a black bag mentioned before, a long time ago, and in relation to Haleigh and the pond area where there was supposedly a party??  I am thinking maybe Nay Nay had said something about it?  Probably doesn't mean anything and if Misty's story is fabricated(may very well be) it might be where she got the bag part of it.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »

I woke up this morning with Haleigh on my mind.  I had dreamed that someone I know was on a team looking for her, but was digging into a cliff, not anywhere near a pond.  Don't know why I dreamed that.....anyway, was a black bag mentioned before, a long time ago, and in relation to Haleigh and the pond area where there was supposedly a party??  I am thinking maybe Nay Nay had said something about it?  Probably doesn't mean anything and if Misty's story is fabricated(may very well be) it might be where she got the bag part of it.

I think you are right akmom. Wasn't it said that WBG put her in a black plastic bag and threw her into that lake or whatever that L shaped body of water was.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »

I think you are right akmom. Wasn't it said that WBG put her in a black plastic bag and threw her into that lake or whatever that L shaped body of water was.

http://itsamysterytome.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/is-this-what-really-happened-to-haleigh-cummings/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

Report: Misty Croslin is lying about abduction, grandma says

2:09 p.m. EDT, August 18, 2010

Haleigh Cummings' grandmother says she doesn't believe what Misty Croslin has told investigators about the night the Putnam County girl vanished in February 2009, news4jax.com is reporting.

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Croslin's allegation that her cousin, Joe Overstreet, put the screaming girl in a bag and took her away, sounds like a lie.

Overstreet's attorney has denied his client had anything to do with the girl's disappearance.

"How could a 5-year-old scream like that and neighbors not hear? It just doesn't add up," Neves said today, according to news4jax.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-misty-croslin-haleigh-grandma-20100818,0,7785996.story

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »

Haleigh's Grandma: Misty Is Lying

Shadow Of Doubt Has Been Cast Over Misty Cummings Since Girl Disappeared

POSTED: Wednesday, August 18, 2010
UPDATED: 1:40 pm EDT August 18, 2010

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Less than 24 hours after learning Misty Cummings claimed to know what happened to missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, the girl's family has spoken out.

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, told Channel 4 Wednesday morning that she does not know what to believe.

On Tuesday, Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said Haleigh's former stepmother has told investigators that her cousin, Joe Overstreet, put Haleigh in a black bag and took her away. Fields said Overstreet took Haleigh while Misty was lying in bed and covered herself up with a blanket. He said Misty heard Haleigh scream.

"How could a 5-year-old scream like that and neighbors not hear? It just doesn't add up," Neves said.

Neves said she thinks Misty is lying.

"I still believe she's alive," Neves said of Haleigh. "I don't believe anything Misty says until somebody can prove it. The thing doesn't even make sense. How can you be under the covers and also see her in the bag? None of it makes sense.

"She's told so many stories, and to just pick and choose which one you want to believe, I don't believe it's right," Neves said. "Whatever it is, it needs to be proven."

Neves said if this version of Misty's story is true, "they should hang her in a public square, like an old-fashioned hanging kind of thing."

There's always been a shadow of doubt over Misty Cummings' account of what happened to Haleigh the night she vanished in February 2009.

"I didn't do anything," Misty said while crying the day after Haleigh disappeared. "If I knew what happened, I would tell you and we wouldn't be sitting here today."

From the start, Misty claimed she knew nothing, a story that changed over time.

When asked on NBC's "Today" show why her story keeps changing, Misty, after a long silence, replied, "I don't know."

It wasn't until she ended up in the Putnam County Jail on drug charges that she started talking to family members, who would later be incarcerated, too.

"Do you think she'll ever be found?" Misty's father, Hank Croslin Sr., asked her in a jailhouse call.

"I don't know for sure. God hasn't given me a sign, but I think," Misty said.

"I think she's come to realize she's in trouble," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said of Misty in April after investigators searched the St. Johns River for Haleigh. "People are starting to cooperate. It's just a matter of time. People are starting to talk."

Haleigh's family said they only want the truth.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24674646/detail.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

Attorney: Haleigh was carried away in a bag

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:51 AM EDT

ST. AUGUSTINE - Misty Croslin hid beneath a sheet holding onto Haleigh's younger brother as she listened to the now 7-year-old missing girl being attacked before she disappeared, her attorney said Tuesday.

Attorney Robert Fields said Croslin's cousin, Joe Overstreet, showed up at the Satsuma trailer looking for a gun that belonged to Haleigh's father. When he couldn't find it, he took Haleigh instead.

"The gun wasn't there so he basically went towards Misty and may have wrestled with her and then he turned and grabbed Haleigh," Fields said. "At that point, Misty hid under the covers with Junior, Joe did something for a few minutes and Misty didn't hear Haleigh make any more noises, and she saw Joe take Haleigh out of the house in a black bag."

She then listened as a van door opened and closed outside, with Haleigh never to be seen again.

"She did say it appeared he was under the influence," Fields said.

Fields offered this scenario to reporters after Misty Croslin pleased no contest Tuesday to drug trafficking charges in St. Johns County.

Croslin's family has said Overstreet was at the Satsuma mobile home the night Haleigh disappeared in February 2009. He was arrested on drug charges last week in Tennessee, but he has never been charged or named as a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance.

His attorney, Shawn P. Sirgo of Nashville, Tenn., said Overstreet had nothing to do with the child's disappearance and dismissed Croslin's account.

"I don't believe anything she said," he said.

Fields said 18-year-old Croslin described the events to investigators following her drug arrest for trafficking in hydrocodone in January. He said her brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 24, has told investigators a similar story.

Tuesday morning, Croslin pleaded no contest to one remaining drug trafficking charge in St. Johns County, for which she will receive a minimum of 25 years.

The charge originated from a deal made with undercover officers on Jan. 8 at the Flying J in north St. Augustine, in which Croslin was said to have sold 155 oxycodone pills worth $800.

She pleaded no contest to seven other drug trafficking charges in Putnam County on Monday, which she faces up to 240 years.

Croslin will be sentenced in both St. Johns and Putnam counties in October.

Others arrested in the month-long undercover investigation in January include her brother, Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 26, his cousin, Hope Sykes, 18, and a former Equusearch volunteer, Donna Brock.

A pre-sentence investigation has been ordered for Croslin, and Fields is preparing a push to have sentenced as a youthful offender.

In response to Fields' comments on Tuesday morning, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the department would not release any information about the case.

"The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information," Lt. Johnny Greenwood said.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, was present for Croslin's hearing in St. Augustine.

"I just wanted her to see my face," Sheffield told the Daily News afterward. "I wanted her to look me in my eyes and see how I hurt because I don't have my baby."

Sheffield said that it was Croslin's fault that Haleigh was missing.

"I think she should rot in jail," Sheffield said.

As she wept for Haleigh outside the courthouse, Sheffield said she was upset that other members of the family were acting as if they had a deep connection with her daughter.

"They don't have the connection like I have. I carried her for nine months and gave birth to her - not them," Sheffield said.

Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother, said it was time for others to come forward with information.

"There's a lot of people in jail that knows what happened to Haleigh, but there's also a lot of people that know elsewhere that is not in jail, and they need to come forward," Griffis said. "They need to close this case so we can find our baby."

Authorities have declared the Haleigh case a homicide investigation, but the child's relatives say they continue to hope she will be found alive.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/08/18/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »

Offender Name: HANK T CROSLIN
Offender ID:
V35906
Date of Birth:
08/02/1986
Custody Status: In Custody
Scheduled Release Date: 01/17/2025
Location of Offender: Franklin C.I.
Race: White

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=10000&agency=900&id=V35906&searchType=offender

Franklin Correctional Institution

County: Franklin

Offender Search for this Facility:
Queries may take a long time for facilities with large populations.

* Browse current population
    * Browse releases
    * Browse escapes (outstanding escape warrants)

Directions: From East Florida & Tallahassee: In Tallahassee, exit I-10 and take US-319 South to US-98. Follow US-98 south to Carrabelle Fl. Turn north on CR-67 and drive two miles. The institution will be located on the right. From Marianna and West Florida: Go East on I-10. Take Exit 142 and turn south on SR-12. Turn south SR-379. Go two miles and turn south on CR-67 and drive 25 miles. The institution will be on the left. From South Florida: Go north on I-75 and exit at Ocala on Exit 354. Take US-27 Alt North to Chiefland. Turn on US-19 North and follow to Perry. Turn west on US-98 and follow to Carrabelle. Turn north on CR-67 and drive two miles. The institution will be located on the right.

Historical Information: This facility was established in 2005 and houses adult male inmates. Bay City Work Camp is under the supervision of Franklin C.I.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region1/113.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #616 on: August 18, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »

KSH352  says:

The inmate for whom you registered, HANK CROSLIN with offender number V35906, has been transferred from the Reception and Medical Center - Main Unit to the custody of Franklin C.I. as of 8/18/2010.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111146&page=15

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »

Sheriff mum on new missing girl claim

PALATKA --

Putnam County Jeff Hardy will not comment on a new claim made by the woman who last saw Haleigh Cummings alive.

A lawyer for Misty Croslin says his client was attacked by people who came to her Satsuma mobile home looking for a gun.

Croslin claims she heard Haleigh scream, and says the people who attacked her took Haleigh because they couldn't find the gun.

The five-year-old was reported missing last February, and sheriff's investigators believe the child was murdered.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/august/138956/Sheriff-mum-on-new-missing-girl-claim

Heart
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #619 on: August 18, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »

The five- to six-minute attack happened after Overstreet, who was visiting from Tennessee, came to the mobile home looking for a machine gun belonging to Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

The gun wasn't there, Fields said.

"Haleigh was a substitute, apparently," he said.

He said Croslin hid beneath the sheet holding 3-year-old Ronald Cummings Jr.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, nor that it really matters, but I did not even recognize her on t.v., her hair is shorter and she's gained so much weight. Guess that's what happens, when you are off the drugs for awhile, when you have a weight problem.

If her story is tue, then why didn't she mention this a long time ago?  The story makes her "sound" innocent, she should have told 911 that night, immedetialy, if that is the truth.   

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.