March 19, 2024, 04:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 567656 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »

PALATKA - Ronald Cummings, the father of a 5-year-old girl who was reported missing from her Satsuma home in February 2009, has tentatively reached a plea agreement with the state in connection with unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

Cummings' attorney later said that as part of the deal, his client was hoping to serve no more than 15 years in prison.

Cummings' trial on the charges was scheduled to start in court here today, but his attorney and the prosecutor told Circuit Court Judge Terry LaRue they needed a month to work out the plea.

His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said that as part of the deal two of the five charges against his client would be dropped and that he hoped with the dropped charges, his client would be sentenced to no more than 15 years in prison.

Meanwhile, Cummings' daughter, Haleigh, who would turn 7 next month, has not been found. Police now have ruled the case a homicide.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100719/ARTICLES/100719755/1001/news01?Title=Tentative-plea-deal-struck-in-Cummings-drug-case#

Thanks for posting the articles

I thought this is telling..

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-07-19/story/haleigh-cummings-father-reaches-tentative-plea-drug-cases

Misty Croslin, who was married to Cummings for a brief time after the disappearance and who was watching Haleigh the night she vanished, is one of those arrested in the drug case.

Her attorney, Robert Fields, said Cummings' agreement will not change how Croslin's case is handled.

"Ronald's obviously cutting a deal to testify against her," he said.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100719/ARTICLES/100719755/1001/news01?Title=Tentative-plea-deal-struck-in-Cummings-drug-case#

has tentatively reached a plea agreement with the state in connection with unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

Cummings' mother, grandmother and sister were among those in the courtroom.

After the hearing, his grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family was hoping for the best.

"We want what's best for Ronald," she said.
And this is disgusting, what about HaLeigh??????????????

IMO DA says all or nothing, at least I hope so.

OS

Hi gang Thanks for all the links and pictures, apart from what OS highlighted (which totally pizzes me off like the Anthony's) how could he testify against Misty in regards to HaLeigh if he didn't know anything???? And, if he did WTF did he wait to use it as a get out of jail early card instead of giving the info to LE early one

I haven't given up on justice for HaLeigh, I just have been dealing with the media/ecological/economic disaster here so haven't been posting much and want to say a huge thank you to everyone who is  an angelic monkey

Hi IM,

Honestly I don't know what the heck is going on, I can't imagine that the DA would use RC to testify in Misty & TC's drug trafficking case. The DA has a solid case in both, no need for anyone to testify IMO, but who knows. The law is pretty clear as to what the min/man is for each charge.

The only thing I can come up with is the DA believes that RC knows something that he has not told them before regarding Misty and what happened to HaLeigh. OR he has the other charge not settled with that Charles guy, the road rage or whatever it is. I doubt that the DA would reduce 25 yrs. to get that info. though.

If it has to do with HaLeigh and he has sat on info. for all this time, then he is a bigger POS than I thought he was. Course Misty might have stuff on him too and he might be afraid she will talk. Who knows with this bunch.

Misty IMO is protecting herself and someone else, is it RC, is it Timmy, is it Tommy? dunno. It has to be someone close to her like one or more of the above.

Maybe one day we will find out. Poor Haleigh.

Nice to see you, know you have been busy.

OS

At this point we do not know what RC has told LE, what his thoughts are or what he knows regarding HaLeigh's case.  He may not have been sitting on anything. Its possible that he has told LE all that he does know, assume, thinks.

And I don't think that RC was ever charged with the Charles Jones road rage incident.  I think that the pending case 542009CF001430XXAXMX   08/06/2009 is the fist to cuffs case with TC that happened at Ma Sykes in Welaka that he was jailed for and posted bail.

Imho, I believe the plea agreement with the state in connection with unrelated drug-trafficking charges has more to do with HaLeigh's case.

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »

PALATKA - Ronald Cummings, the father of a 5-year-old girl who was reported missing from her Satsuma home in February 2009, has tentatively reached a plea agreement with the state in connection with unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

Cummings' attorney later said that as part of the deal, his client was hoping to serve no more than 15 years in prison.

Cummings' trial on the charges was scheduled to start in court here today, but his attorney and the prosecutor told Circuit Court Judge Terry LaRue they needed a month to work out the plea.

His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said that as part of the deal two of the five charges against his client would be dropped and that he hoped with the dropped charges, his client would be sentenced to no more than 15 years in prison.

Meanwhile, Cummings' daughter, Haleigh, who would turn 7 next month, has not been found. Police now have ruled the case a homicide.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-07-19/story/haleigh-cummings-father-reaches-tentative-plea-drug-cases

Misty Croslin, who was married to Cummings for a brief time after the disappearance and who was watching Haleigh the night she vanished, is one of those arrested in the drug case.

Her attorney, Robert Fields, said Cummings' agreement will not change how Croslin's case is handled.

has tentatively reached a plea agreement with the state in connection with unrelated drug-trafficking charges.

After the hearing, his grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family was hoping for the best.

OS

Hi gang Thanks for all the links and pictures, apart from what OS highlighted (which totally pizzes me off like the Anthony's) how could he testify against Misty in regards to HaLeigh if he didn't know anything???? And, if he did WTF did he wait to use it as a get out of jail early card instead of giving the info to LE early one

I haven't given up on justice for HaLeigh, I just have been dealing with the media/ecological/economic disaster here so haven't been posting much and want to say a huge thank you to everyone who is  an angelic monkey

Hi IM,

Honestly I don't know what the heck is going on, I can't imagine that the DA would use RC to testify in Misty & TC's drug trafficking case. The DA has a solid case in both, no need for anyone to testify IMO, but who knows. The law is pretty clear as to what the min/man is for each charge.

The only thing I can come up with is the DA believes that RC knows something that he has not told them before regarding Misty and what happened to HaLeigh. OR he has the other charge not settled with that Charles guy, the road rage or whatever it is. I doubt that the DA would reduce 25 yrs. to get that info. though.

If it has to do with HaLeigh and he has sat on info. for all this time, then he is a bigger POS than I thought he was. Course Misty might have stuff on him too and he might be afraid she will talk. Who knows with this bunch.

Misty IMO is protecting herself and someone else, is it RC, is it Timmy, is it Tommy? dunno. It has to be someone close to her like one or more of the above.

OS

Yes I have been OS~trying to learn anything and everything about oil wells, relief wells, leaks, dispersants etc., and talking to anyone who I can find Sometimes I almmost feel sorry for them when I launch into my series of questions LOL.

The part I bolded is what I have suspected all along, and it is maddening to think a father would sit on ANY info that might help LE find out what happened to his precious daughter, not to mention what the other side of the family who is out of the loop so to speak is having to live thru - being as clueless as we are about there child, grandchild etc., I just wanted to smack that smirk off his face when I saw the pictures JG posted.....I totally agree this has to be in regards to HaLeigh because all the evidence needed for the drug conviction is on tape, and that Misty is protecting herself and _______ fill in the blank with one of the above. I'm sick thinking she will never have justice nor be found

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

Trotlinedesigns says:

I wish I knew who it was that the Cummings had in their pockets. Tommy is going down because he has no power OTHER than maybe knowing where Haleigh is and what happened to her. Teresa N. knows someone high up and while I do love me some Putnam County (S.East Putnam) I know it is 100% good old boy system ran. We have old but rich drunks driving golf carts all over Welaka and when one is pulled over he is followed home by the cop (Charlie, usually) and never ticketed. Have to be honest here and say I am guilty of this offense more than once, not proud of it either and am very thankful that I was never ticketed but if that isn't good old boy at it's best I don't know what is

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/satsuma-fl/T52VIGA63OER7TOO7/post82122

Heart
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »

OS

Hi IM,

OS

Yes I have been OS~trying to learn anything and everything about oil wells, relief wells, leaks, dispersants etc., and talking to anyone who I can find Sometimes I almmost feel sorry for them when I launch into my series of questions LOL.

The part I bolded is what I have suspected all along, and it is maddening to think a father would sit on ANY info that might help LE find out what happened to his precious daughter, not to mention what the other side of the family who is out of the loop so to speak is having to live thru - being as clueless as we are about there child, grandchild etc., I just wanted to smack that smirk off his face when I saw the pictures JG posted.....I totally agree this has to be in regards to HaLeigh because all the evidence needed for the drug conviction is on tape, and that Misty is protecting herself and _______ fill in the blank with one of the above. I'm sick thinking she will never have justice nor be found

Listening to Levi show, Holly Hughes Pros. said it could be as simple as saving the state money going to trial, like $50,000.00.

Guess we will find out at some point. Fields seem to think Ronald is going to testify against Misty, think Shoemaker mentioned that earlier too.

Oh well 15 yrs. is a long time in a young person's life, (less time served I guess.) Still a long time.

I just wish they would find HaLeigh. Makes me sick to think about this case and how evil someone can be.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired July 19, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, is Ron Cummings about to put the squeeze on his ex-wife Misty? Ron, whose little daughter, Haleigh, has been missing for nearly a year and a half, was supposed to stand trial today on a slew of drug-trafficking charges, but in a head-spinning development, Ron`s attorney announced they are this close to a plea deal now.

So does this mean double trouble for Misty? Misty was baby-sitting Haleigh the night the 5-year-old vanished. Misty`s own lawyer says he believes Ron is cutting a deal in his drug case in exchange for testifying against Misty, who`s also facing drug charges that could land her in prison for decades.

Straight out to Art Harris, investigative journalist and founder of ArtHarris.com.

Art, is this really all about the drugs, or are prosecutors turning up the heat on Misty because they still think she could tell more about what happened to little Haleigh?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: They have squeezed this orange, and Misty says she`s been squeezed as far as it goes but that`s exactly what it is, Jane. They are trying to keep putting pressure on her.

Actually, they have tentatively agreed to a plea deal with Ronald, but they will not sentence him until after Misty`s trial. She`s scheduled to go on trial there in Putnam County August 22. He`ll be back in court August 20.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, what`s the significance of him having to wait? In other words, they waiting to see what he says about her on the stand?

HARRIS: Exactly. Part of this plea deal, pleading to three counts of 15 years versus a 25-year drug-trafficking charge, means that they want to wait and see how cooperative he is going to be in helping them in not just the drug case. They don`t need him for the drug case. They`ve got videotapes. They want him for Haleigh, anything he can do to help them there. They`re going to wait and see. And then they`ll sentence him after Misty goes on trial.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Back in April comes dragged Misty out of jail. They schlepped her down to the banks of the St. John`s River. Days later Misty`s grandma told me here on ISSUES what Misty had told her.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY`S GRANDMOTHER: She called me on Monday to let me know that Tommy and Joe had wrapped Misty -- I mean wrapped Haleigh in a yellow rope and tied a brick to it and throwed [SIC] her off a dock in the St. John`s River.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Tommy and Joe insist they did not do that, and neither of them have been charged with that. Nobody has been charged. Haleigh`s body hasn`t been found despite repeated searches. So Art Harris, was this all a big dead end? We were so hopeful when we saw this activity that we`d finally learn what happened in this mysterious case.

HARRIS: Well, at the time, Jane, Tommy told the cops that he was in the van with Joe when he took Haleigh, that he passed out, he was on drugs, taking Xanax, and he doesn`t know what Joe did with her but says he did dump her in the river.

Now, no body has been recovered. And I know that law enforcement is very frustrated with Tommy, because he basically pointed out where they should search the river, and they didn`t find a body there, Jane. Now, anything could have happened to that body. It`s got swift currents. It`s got alligators. And we don`t know. They have not found the yellow rope nor that cinderblock.

So this is something that is yet to be determined. They`re calling it a murder but don`t have a body.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s absolutely fascinating that this little -- little teenager has managed to really perplex and mystify all of these seasoned investigators and that we still do not have the straight story after more than a year and a half of what happened to this precious girl.

Thank you, Art Harris. Come back soon.

HARRIS: Thanks, Jane.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/19/ijvm.01.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »

KSH352 says:

Just to let you know so you don't worry HaLeigh's case is not a cold case. PCSO is still actively working the case.

With Lisa and Hank in the court room today
( they looked so sad ) and them knowing that part of the plea deal for Ronald will be to testify against their daughter my hope is that they get this information to Misty. I also pray that when Misty finds out the years she will be facing she will make a plea deal and finally tell the truth about what happened to precious little HaLeigh and let the chips fall where they may.

Guess we will find out in August.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425694&postcount=211

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »

Originally Posted by KSH352 
The state asked for the continuance. Not the defense. The State said that there were some things that needed to be worked out before the plea and they needed 30 days . The judge at that time asked if there IS going to be a plea. He asked Shoemaker and that state. They both said YES

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5424893&postcount=188

Heart
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2010, 12:43:19 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=167703838001#/Ronald+Cummings+Trial+Delayed+for+Possible+Plea+Deal/167703838001

Ronald Cummings Trial Delayed for Possible Plea Deal

07/19/10 5 p.m. Report

Video

OS

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2010, 12:48:29 AM »

It listed under latest videos

OS

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2010, 01:48:22 AM »

http://www.artharris.com/

Ronald Cummings’ Drug Sentence Delayed

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

Ronald Cummings, father of the still missing –and presumed murdered — five year old named Haleigh, Monday agreed to plead guilty to three of five lesser felony drug trafficking charges, if Florida prosecutors will drop two other counts requiring 25 year mandatory sentences.

It takes a couple of bullets out of the worst case outcome had we gone to trial on all five charges,” his attorney Terry Shoemaker told The Bald Truth shortly after he joined the state attorney Monday in asking a Putnam County Circuit Judge Terry LaRue for another month to work out details of the plea.

For Cummings, this means another 30 days in the Putnam County Jail. A hearing on the plea deal was set for Aug. 20, but any sentencing is expected to be postponed until his ex-wife, Misty Croslin, finishes her related drug trafficking trial, set to kick off Aug. 22.

(snipped)

OS

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »

Croslin's at today court room:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=167703838001#/Ronald%20Cummings%20Trial%20Delayed%20for%20Possible%20Plea%20Deal/167703838001
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 02:06:14 AM »

Cummings Family at today court:

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:18 AM »

http://writeintoaction.com/Teresa%20Neves%20and%20LE.html

It’s just not adding up

Teresa Neves’s strange relationship with Florida law enforcement

by Timothy Charles Holmseth

July 19, 2010

When Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings made the 3:27 a.m. emergency 911 call the night HaLeigh Cummings was reported missing, deputies arrived on the scene at 3:40 a.m.

Teresa Neves, Ronald Cummings’ mother, arrived at the same time as the deputies.

The police report clearly states that Neves told the officer she was telephoned by her son after he learned HaLeigh was missing. The report also says Ronald Cummings told Misty Croslin to call 911 immediately after he was told his daughter was missing.

That means Ronald Cummings had to call Teresa Neves between 3:27 a.m. and 3:40 a.m. (law enforcement already has all the family cell phone records so they already know if that call took place).

The 911 call stayed active until the deputy arrived.

During the 911 call Ronald Cummings speaks intermittently to the operator. At other times he is heard ranting and raving in the background. Late into the call he announces he cannot find his phone.

When exactly did he call Neves?

There are serious problems with Neves’ explanation for how fast she arrived (almost immediately) at the so-called crime-scene that night.

Neves has stated she was at home sleeping when she was notified. This meant she had to get out of bed, get dressed, find a photograph of HaLeigh for the missing person report, and drive the 10-plus miles to the location. She explained her miraculous appearance by saying she drove 90 mph.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office told the media that the biggest hindrance to the HaLeigh Cummings investigation is Misty Croslin’s sketchy timeline.

Neves’ timeline is equally as sketchy, if not worse, and has received absolutely no attention from the PCSO or FDLE in any of their media releases.

Neves’ timeline has become the pink elephant in the corner that law enforcement tries to pretend is not there.

Write Into Action has concerns about the relationship between Neves and certain members of Florida law enforcement.

The dynamics of the relationship between Neves and members of the PCSO and FDLE are not normal by any ethical standards amidst an investigation into the disappearance of a five year-old.

The following concerns are derived from investigative work product Write Into Action can produce at any time.

CONCERN: Teresa Neves claims to have reported to law enforcement that someone broke into her house and stole a box of HaLeigh’s clothes. She claims that she reported it to Special Agent Jason Jolicuer, FDLE, and he never investigated it.

CONCERN: Teresa Neves claims to have reported that someone got on her computer and stole photos. She claimed further that photos that belonged to Marie Griffis were placed onto the computer. Again, Neves claims that SA Jolicuer did not even investigate this after it was reported to him. 

CONCERN: Ranking members of the PCSO warned Neves during a private meeting to be quiet about things. They said, “Shut your f***ing mouth.” She was threatened with arrest. Why is law enforcement warning a missing child’s grandmother to shut up? What is she supposed to shut up about?

CONCERN: Investigators warned Teresa Neves that her phone was tapped and they were reading all of her text messages. PCSO officials told Neves they knew who she was talking to and provided her actual names of people she was not supposed to communicate with. One of those people is Timothy Charles Holmseth, owner/publisher, Write Into Action. Why are law enforcement personnel warning Neves that they are watching her? Why not simply watch and listen as in accordance with the law and possibly gather valuable information from the clandestine tactic. Why do they warn her about their vast surveillance abilities (and tell her to shut up)? It is an oxy-moron in logic.

CONCERN: PCSO Major Gary Bowling raised his voice so loud while on the phone with Teresa Neves it was considered shouting. He was very angry at her. Why would Major Bowling be angry at Teresa Neves?

CONCERN: Every time Teresa Neves met with law enforcement she was told to not talk about it.

CONCERN: SA Jolicuer (according to Neves) told Teresa Nevss he believes the PCSO is very dirty and he does not trust them.

CONCERN: SA Jolicuer is aware that Neves had established a network of people who were sending her cash (she would claim she needed money for her phone bills etc.) and the funds were used by Neves to support a prescription drug habit. Jolicuer directly advised Neves’ contacts they should stop sending her money. Jolicuer said the FDLE had the names of all the people Neves was receiving money from. If the FDLE and PSCO are aware that Neves is engaging in illegal activities involving prescription drugs – why don’t they arrest her?

ME: ugggg, I hope the bolded part is not true, I sent her money for her phone bill..I was never contacted by anyone about it though.

OS

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 03:19:50 AM »

Teresa Neves has resided in/around Lake County for the past nine years. Her residence of record was Fruitland Park on Feb9, 2009. This trailer on Rita Lane has been listed in AS's name, Crystal (rc's sister) and rc's name. It has never been listed in TN's name.

It has been reported that she officially put Rita Lane as her addy in March of this year. Better late than never. She never listed it before as her place of residence.

The trailer must be owned by AS or another family member and sitting there on an illegal piece of land as the addy has no parcel. Check it out! you won't find one. TN had been living with her boyfriend jeff h. for years. Weren't they finally evicted in January this year? On Feb 9, 2009, the rita lane addy was listed in AS and CC's name. There is something shady about that place.

When you think about it, why didn't TN go over to check on the kids on that fateful night? She got a call and sent "A family member" over to check on the kids....hmmm. My guess is she wasn't living on Rita Lane and was traveling back to Putnam after getting a call. She lied to the LE on report about her addy and her job as she wasn't working for Gainsville (Alachua County Dispatch).

She recently settled a car accident with a business man near Lake County.(.I think the car wreck was in 2008) close to where the incident occurred. If you check out the papers, you will see that all her doctors and Lawyers were not in Putnam County which also leads credence to her living in Fruitland  Park.I am sorry to hear that anyone sent her money, but worse, I am sorry she accepted it.
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »

Thanks everyone for all the links and updates and photos.

I really wanted to see the video, but the site said it wasn't found.

There was a pic of GGM leaving the courthouse with a few young [they looked young to me] girls. Does anyone know who they might be?

Yes, NoRose...Ron's smirking is unappropriate and disrespectful. I wonder if that is his defense mechanism when he is nervous?
My middle son has a bad habit of giggling when he is nervous or uncomfortable. I know in school a few of his teachers commented on it and thought he was being disrespectful. Just made me wonder if thats whats going on with Ron.

Afraid I do not know who they are. The caption did not identify anyone but Annette Sykes. I did notice the flip flops and thought they were not quite the appropriate attire for court.

TY Brandi,  that is the one I was talking about. Yes, flip-flops...not appropriate. 

I was watching some old videos of the Ants yesterday and there was one of George wearing them into the courthouse. I thought to myself it seemed unusual for court. I also think shorts are not appropriate either...JMO

NCSunny

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 08:28:59 AM »

# Art Harris Says:
July 19th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Spiked–
Updated the story, so hopefully the answer is there…possibly 15 years, or less, depending on how much he cooperates. Won’t figure his sentence until AFTER Misty’s trial is done and she is sentenced. That’s when Ronald and his attorney, Terry Shoemaker, a former Navy veteran just returned from a 25 year reunion in Italy with shipmates on an old sub tender, the U.S.S Orion, will waltz into court and make a case for Ronald’s cooperation and lobby for as little time as possible. It will likely be 10-14 years, with the criminal serving about 85 per cent of mandatory sentences. Art
http://www.artharris.com/2010/07/19/ronald-cummings-drug-sentence-delayed/#comment-48817

# Art Harris Says:
July 19th, 2010 at 10:19 pm

spiked — more on misty coming. i spoke with her parents today. Art
http://www.artharris.com/2010/07/19/ronald-cummings-drug-sentence-delayed/#comment-48819

# beautiful*adams {cent} Says:

July 20th, 2010 at 12:38 am

Hey Art,

What is your take on Merchant being in the court room?!
http://www.artharris.com/2010/07/19/ronald-cummings-drug-sentence-delayed/#comment-48823

# Art Harris Says:

July 20th, 2010 at 12:47 am

BA–He’s one of lead investigators, and has been pretty close to Ron, so natural he’d be there as PC liaison and investigator into drugs and Haleigh…Art
http://www.artharris.com/2010/07/19/ronald-cummings-drug-sentence-delayed/#comment-48825

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »

Cummings likely to testify against ex-wife

Posted: July 20, 2010 - 7:39am
By Dana Treen, MORRIS NEWS SERVICE

PALATKA — A plea in the prescription drug-trafficking case of Ronald Cummings, who gained national attention with the story of his daughter's disappearance more than a year ago, would be squarely aimed at co-defendant Misty Croslin, her attorney said following a court hearing for Cummings Monday.

Robert Fields said Cummings’ offer to make a plea in three of five drug charges in exchange for dropping the other two meant he will likely testify against Croslin, who was also arrested in the undercover drug bust. Croslin, 18, was watching Haleigh Cummings when the 5-year-old disappeared.

“Ronald’s obviously cutting a deal to testify against her,” Fields said.

In a seven-minute court appearance Monday, Cummings’ attorney and prosecutor Jason Lewis asked Circuit Judge Terry LaRue for a month to work out details.

Cummings’ attorney, Terry Shoemaker, who was not available after Monday’s hearing, did not say whether testifying in Croslin’s case would be part of the deal. Cummings, 26, is scheduled to return to court Aug. 20.

In May, Shoemaker said he was pursuing a deal that would drop the two most serious charges so a sentence would reflect only the three less serious cases. Sentences are guided by the weight of the drugs sold.

Two of the charges are for amounts of prescription drugs that carry a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years. Two others mandate 15-year sentences and one requires a three-year sentence.

Three other people, including a brother of Croslin and a cousin of Cummings, were arrested in the drug operation that ended in January. The fifth person was a friend of Croslin’s. They were arrested selling pills to an undercover officer during a monthlong investigation.

Detectives with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office have used the arrests in the drug cases to ask questions about the missing girl.

Haleigh has not been found, and Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy has said he believes she is dead.

Fields said the questioning of co-defendants and the threat of them testifying against his client puts more pressure on Croslin but won’t have an impact on the defense. He said Croslin has told detectives what she knows about Haleigh’s disappearance.

“If they don’t want to act on that, that’s their decision,” he said.

Haleigh disappeared in February 2009. Croslin, who was at the mobile home and initially told investigators she woke up to find the kindergartner gone, later was married to Cummings for a brief time in the summer but the two divorced.

Cummings’ mother, grandmother and sister were among those in the courtroom Monday.

After the hearing his grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family was hoping for the best. She said she was not aware of any plea details.

“We want what’s best for Ronald,” she said.

http://staugustine.com/news/2010-07-20/cummings-likely-testify-against-ex-wife

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »

Cummings plea deal takes shape

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:28 AM EDT

Ronald Cummings sat silently Monday morning in a Putnam County courtroom as his attorney discussed a potential plea bargain in the drug case that landed the Satsuma man in jail months ago.

Cummings is widely known as the father of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who vanished in February 2009.

Although not considered a suspect in his daughter's disappearance, Cummings and four others were arrested in January on charges of trafficking in prescription drugs. Authorities released videos of several undercover transactions.

On Monday, officials discussed a plea agreement to drop two of the five trafficking charges faced by the 26-year-old.

Cummings will plead guilty to three other drug trafficking charges, his attorney said.

"He would plead to the three lesser charges," defense Terry Shoemaker said after Monday's hearing in Palatka. "And part of the plea agreement is that he would plead guilty."

Shoemaker is hoping Cummings will only receive 15 years after the plea deal is made with the state, with the two higher charges - which would mandate a 25-year minimum sentence - dropped.

That would happen Shoemaker said, in exchange "for giving all information he has regarding everything and anything they ask him."

Shoemaker could not specify what that would entail, but he said that it would encompass, "everything that is pending throughout the whole year and a half."

Cummings would also give "substantial assistance" in the narcotics case, and depending on the state's needs, testify against 18-year-old Misty Croslin if she goes to trial on the drug charges.

Croslin was babysitting Haleigh when the child disappeared from her Satsuma home. No sign of the blonde-haired kindergartner has been located despite massive searches on land and water.

The case remains an on-going investigation since it was deemed a homicide in April, with investigators repeating that Croslin is the key to the solving the case.

Croslin faces eight counts of trafficking following the narcotics investigation, with the last chance to take a negotiated plea Aug. 16.

Her brother Hank Croslin Jr., 23, pleaded no contest to two counts of trafficking and faces up to 30 years, while 18-year-old Hope Sykes, Cummings' cousin, has received 15-years for one count of trafficking in hydrocodone.

Despite the case being labeled a homicide, the Cummings family still holds hope that Haleigh is alive.

"If you don't have some sort of proof to show me that my great-granddaughter is no longer alive, then don't expect me to just take your word for it," Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said Monday following the hearing. "We are looking for a live little girl."

Sykes also believes Croslin has information to Haleigh's whereabouts.

"I'm sure she knows something.There has been so many lies told one after another and you don't know what to believe anymore - it is just unreal," Sykes said.

Shoemaker alluded that Cummings may hold similar feelings about the case.

"I think that he believes that law enforcement is heading down the right track," Shoemaker said. "Who all is involved, he doesn't know."

Cummings' family and the mother and father of Croslin were in attendance Monday at the hearing conducted by Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.

LaRue set the plea date for Cummings for Aug. 20 at 11 a.m.

"We would just like to get it settled but we want what's best for Ronald," Sykes said. "I hope they get something worked out."

Teresa Neves, Cummings' mother, added that "he's doing the best he can."

"He doesn't know where Haleigh is and that's the number one thing on his mind," she said.

Neves said she is taking events one day at a time.

"This is a very hard thing," she said. "It's hard to lose your granddaughter and then to look at this for your son."

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/07/20/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

Cummings will plead guilty to three other drug trafficking charges, his attorney said.

"He would plead to the three lesser charges," defense Terry Shoemaker said after Monday's hearing in Palatka. "And part of the plea agreement is that he would plead guilty."

Shoemaker is hoping Cummings will only receive 15 years after the plea deal is made with the state, with the two higher charges - which would mandate a 25-year minimum sentence - dropped.

That would happen Shoemaker said, in exchange "for giving all information he has regarding everything and anything they ask him."

Shoemaker could not specify what that would entail, but he said that it would encompass, "everything that is pending throughout the whole year and a half."

Cummings would also give "substantial assistance" in the narcotics case, and depending on the state's needs, testify against 18-year-old Misty Croslin if she goes to trial on the drug charges.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »

Despite the case being labeled a homicide, the Cummings family still holds hope that Haleigh is alive.

"If you don't have some sort of proof to show me that my great-granddaughter is no longer alive, then don't expect me to just take your word for it," Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said Monday following the hearing. "We are looking for a live little girl."

Sykes also believes Croslin has information to Haleigh's whereabouts.

"I'm sure she knows something.There has been so many lies told one after another and you don't know what to believe anymore - it is just unreal," Sykes said.

Shoemaker alluded that Cummings may hold similar feelings about the case.

"I think that he believes that law enforcement is heading down the right track," Shoemaker said. "Who all is involved, he doesn't know."

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.