March 28, 2024, 02:13:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 568195 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »

Caption: --DON BURK/The Times-Union--08/06/10--Lisa Croslin, mother of Hank Croslin Jr., was at her son's drug trafficking sentencing. She herself is in jail for drug charges, and was in the courtroom incase she was called as a witness in the sentencing phase. Hank Croslin Jr., Tommy Croslin, was sentenced to 15 years for drug trafficking charges by Putnam County Judge Terry LaRue in Palatka, Florida, on Friday, August 6, 2010. The court heard from witnesses including his father, Hank Croslin Sr. who is himself facing drug charges, and his ex-wife Lindsy Collins, along with others. His mother, Lisa Croslin, also in jail for drug charges was also present, although not called as a witness. In Palatka, Florida, on Friday, August 6, 2010. (The Florida Times-Union, Don Burk)

Heart
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »

why is she crying (lisa in pic above)????
jail is where probably all of her kids belong... they will be safer in there and if tommy has 10 years probation.. he will be back in in less than 2 years after he gets out... they are such losers all of them and an apple might not fall far from the tree but an apple can roll away once it has landed... no excuse for these losers i know plenty of people who have druggie parents and are not druggies... no frigin excuses
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »

Tommy Croslin Slapped with 15 years!

Prosecutors had asked for 30 years in prison, but he could have received a total of 35 years, said James Werter, his attorney.

Werter tells me he aims to appeal and bring in more evidence to mitigate the sentence. He called Croslin’s soon to be ex wife, Lindsay, to testify he was a good father.

Werter stressed Croslin had cooperated with police in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, and even offered to become a confidential informant to go undercover and bust other drug dealers.

more...

http://www.artharris.com/2010/08/06/tommy-croslin-slapped-with-15-years/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

Flora Hollars on JVM:  Maybe since Tommy got all this time he may broke hisself.

Flo said that she told LE what Chelsea told her. To go down 309 to Magnolia, she thought 310 and work their way from the back down to the river and that is where they would find HaLeigh.

Is Flo on medication tonight?

Heart
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »

Tommy Croslin Slapped with 15 years!

Prosecutors had asked for 30 years in prison, but he could have received a total of 35 years, said James Werter, his attorney.

Werter tells me he aims to appeal and bring in more evidence to mitigate the sentence. He called Croslin’s soon to be ex wife, Lindsay, to testify he was a good father.

Werter stressed Croslin had cooperated with police in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, and even offered to become a confidential informant to go undercover and bust other drug dealers.

more...

http://www.artharris.com/2010/08/06/tommy-croslin-slapped-with-15-years/

what is the attorney trying to do?  Get Tommy killed in prison?  He KNOWS anyone even suspected of being an informer has a target on them.  This is crazy.

As for Flo, I cannot even listen to her.  If someone knows something just take LE out there and show them.  Stop hinting and keeping the drama going. at the expense of Haleigh.

I think Lisa was crying because she is facing the reality that she as well as her children are facing some long prison time.  IMO, she is crying or herself. 

Terri
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »

Greetings Monkey's,

We still do not know where Haleigh is or what exactly happened.
God Bless Haleigh.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »

Flora Hollars on JVM:  Maybe since Tommy got all this time he may broke hisself.

Flo said that she told LE what Chelsea told her. To go down 309 to Magnolia, she thought 310 and work their way from the back down to the river and that is where they would find HaLeigh.

Flo looked very bad....she was grumbling her words...the whole family is pitiful to me. Drugs have taken a toll on all of them.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: August 06, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »

Flo looked very bad....she was grumbling her words...the whole family is pitiful to me. Drugs have taken a toll on all of them.
Per Art H on Levi Page's show tonight Flora H told AH that she had suffered a stroke this past weekend.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »

Looks as if poster J was in the courtroom today.

J said,

in August 6th, 2010 at 3:42 pm

robin said,
in August 6th, 2010 at 3:28 pm

J–Brown is trying to claim the reward money? Hmmmm..very interesting to me and I hope he does not receive a dime until he shows proof that he did in fact solve this case. And - think he will have a fight on his hands with Flo Hollars. Its seems like everyone has a fame or money agenda in their minds instead of actually finding Haleigh. I wonder if Brown does get to claim this money, if he will split it with Werter? JMO
+++++++

He sure is. He testified to that under oath today. He said that he has leukemia, no insurance, has worked on this case for over a year and has never been compensated. He provided LE with Tommy Croslin (whom he thinks is a “good guy”) who had information, and he deserves the reward which he can use to pay his medical bills.

The SA asked Brown about his health. Werter objected. LaRue asked why it was relevant, the SA said it was and he would show why. The Judge allowed it, and that is where they went with it.

Personally, NO ONE deserves the reward. Where is HALEIGH??!?! The SA said today there is NO TRACE of her. The reward is to help find HaLeigh! If they can’t find her, how in the world does ANYONE deserve any reward? IMO, they don’t! Find HaLeigh, then talk reward. I can’t believe anyone had the NERVE to put in for it when our girl is still out there MISSING!
http://www.bloggernews.net/125026

Heart
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #389 on: August 06, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »

15 years, wow!  His kids will be all grown by the time he gets out.  Prayers for them all.

And we are still no closer to finding Haleigh than we were last year.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2010, 12:07:48 AM »

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL Transcript

Tommy Croslin Sentenced to 15 Years on Drug Charges

HOLLARS: I don`t really think they should have charged -- give him that much time for the two charges that he had. But maybe since he got all this time, he may break himself.

more...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/06/ijvm.01.html

Heart
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:31 AM »

In looking at all the pictures today, some I couldn't copy, it looks like Hank Sr. has a different arm band on. Almost looks like a hospital arm band. IMO

2 4 1
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2010, 12:45:52 AM »

J said,
in August 6th, 2010 at 9:07 pm

chakra7 said,
in August 6th, 2010 at 8:44 pm

++++++++++

You are very welcome!

I am praying that someone gets a transcript and it shows up online! Wink

I am FLOORED that no media outlet has reported that Tommy is now a suspect (officially). How in the world are that not reporting that HUGE nugget of info!??! That, IMO, is the biggest thing to come out of today’s hearing!

As far as Werter objecting to anything, he had no room. He opened the door to anything and everything HaLeigh-related when he tried to show how cooperative Tommy was in the investigation to reduce Tommy’s sentence. LOL.. backfire! It came out that Tommy has changed his story several times, recanted his stories, and now Tommy and Misty’s stories do not match. Sure wish we knew what Misty is now saying. Given that at last release, it was mainly Tommy-tapes, I do wonder if Misty has finally talked. And by that, I mean really talked. IIRC, Fields told Baldy that she “put it all there”. And I believe that Jan said a day or so ago that there are now NO tapes available. Well, Misty is still at St. Johns. Why wouldn’t there be any of her tapes available? I do wonder if Misty did come clean regarding whatever she knows regarding the night HaLeigh disappeared? That might explain the lack of her tapes. Did she spill on Tommy? Sure wish we knew something. HaLeigh deserves her justice after all this time and her family deserve answers! I cannot imagine not seeing that beautiful smile of HaLeigh’s for all this time, and just not knowing. So, so sad. Sad

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2010, 01:00:13 AM »

J said,
in August 6th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

One interesting thing to come out of today’s hearing is the fact that Tommy has been named a SUSPECT in HaLeigh’s case.

His and Misty’s “stories” do not match. Tommy has given NOTHING to LE that has helped in HaLeigh’s case, despite Werter calling Tommy a “hero”. The SA does not feel a hero waits until he is in trouble to come forward with info. Although Tommy’s info has not led to anything of help.

Another interesting thing to come out today is PI Brown has filed for the reward. He stated that he was diagnosed with Leukemia. He has lots of medical bills and has worked on this case over a year with NO compensation. He feels that he gave LE Tommy, who gave them info to help. He deserves the reward in his opinion. (IMO, the Sheffields should have compensated him the 10 months or so out of the Foundation money. And then he should NEVER have worked for Tommy. Unethical).

Werter testified that Tommy is a “good guy”.

Sure would love a transcript of today’s hearing. Would be eye opening.

Peggy Cone was not there. Subpoena must have been quashed.

Capt. Piscatello was there.

Johnny and Connie were there.

Marie was there with friends (I won’t name them)

Teresa and Annette were there.

Hank and Lisa were there in jail clothes.

Hank and Tommy were allowed to sit together and during break were taken to the same room together. (I don’t like that)

I am glad that HaLeigh’s family showed up to support her.

Heart
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »

I cannot promise to be here every day.  I cannot promise that anything I say or do will make a difference.....but despite this circus, I will not forget you Haleigh

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »

Well, Tommy got many more years than he was expecting.  I'm surprised he handled himself as well as he did; maybe his attorney had prepared him to expect 15 years. 

Wonder what Misty's thinking now that she's heard about Tommy's sentencing.  And...she doesn't have Mom and Dad to talk to these days.  She should be feeling really lonely and scared right now.

I have one big concern.  We all know your brain gets fried on drugs.  "What if" Misty just doesn't have the brain cells to "remember" what happened that night?  Her story has changed and it seems to me like it's changed to fit any scenario she can come up with as a possibility.

Nothing structures together cohesively.

Flo...saw her...looks bad and obviously upset (said the sentencing broke her).  I'm sure.  No matter what, she's his grandmother and it had to be emotional for her for him to get sentenced to 15 years.  And, her daughter in jail AGAIN.  Does anyone recall how long of a probation time she has to serve? 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/08/07/news/news01.txt
15 Years for Hank

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, August 7, 2010 12:48 AM EDT
Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., a key player in the Haleigh Cummings case, was sentenced to 15 years behind bars Friday morning on drug trafficking charges.

Croslin, who turned 24 this week, was deemed guilty by Circuit Judge Terry LaRue for two counts of trafficking in prescription pills.

Croslin will also serve an additional five years for a possession case, and will undergo 10 years of drug offender probation following his release.

In the two-hour hearing, Assistant State Attorney Jason Lewis called a Florida Department of Law Enforcement supervisor to the stand, where a description of the drug transaction was relayed.

While being secretly video-recorded on Dec. 22, an undercover police officer, Croslin and his sister, 18-year-old Misty Croslin, drove to a location in Satsuma to find narcotics pills.

After a few unsuccessful attempts, Croslin parked at the McDonald's in Palatka and purchased 45 oxycodone pills, valued at $650, from a vehicle across the street, Travis Smith, a supervisor with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, said.

Following Smith's testimony, Lewis described Croslin as a "typical drug trafficker" due to his behavior, number of sources and knowledge of the drug.
With his parents looking on in handcuffs following their own recent arrests on drug charges, Croslin admitted that he started smoking pot at 12 and became addicted to narcotic pills when he moved to Palatka two years ago.

His father, Hank Croslin Sr., testified that his son grew up in the drug environment.

"We always thought best of him - he's the one who we thought would make it," Croslin said.

Though he said he has been offered drugs while in jail, he said has been drug free since the time of his arrest on Jan. 21.

Defense Attorney James Werter said Croslin was fueled by his addiction and deserves no more than three to five years.

"Tommy's problem is that he's addicted to pills," Werter said. "If it wasn't for the trafficking charge he would be in drug court today."

The state argued that Croslin deserved the maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

"These are the kind of drugs that kill people, and they are dangerous, and he puts them on the streets," Lewis said. "He is not only a danger to his family, but the community at large."

LaRue leaned toward the state, adding that Croslin continued drug trafficking after being allowed to bond out of jail three times last year.

"Not only is Hank Croslin Jr. a user of drugs and addicted to drugs, but he is a drug dealer, pure and simple," LaRue said.
LaRue added, "it is almost unbelievable" that Croslin would commit the crime with disregard for his association in the public eye.

With little emotion on his face, Croslin simply stated, "God is with me" as he was led through the hall outside the courtroom.

His mother cried as she sat guarded by a bailiff while Croslin's ex-wife, Lindsy Collins, wept for her children's father.

The Haleigh Cummings case was brought up several times during the hearing, including the fact that Croslin has come forward with information several times, but has not led law enforcement to any evidence.

"The whole meat and potatoes on the Haleigh Cummings investigation is what happened that night," Smith said. "We have yet to have heard what truthfully happened ... With Misty and Tommy, every time we interview them it's a different story. We don't know what the true story is because we can't tell who's lying."

Lewis said Croslin is still a suspect in the Haleigh case and that the state does not consider him as being cooperative.

Later outside, Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said she believes he knows more than he is revealing about what happened the night of Feb. 10, 2009, when Haleigh was reported missing.

"I believe that he does, I don't know why he won't tell it, I really don't know, I believe that both he and Misty know - I don't have a doubt in my mind," Sykes said.

Haleigh was reported missing by Misty Croslin 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10, 2009.

No trace of the blond-haired 5-year-old has been found, despite massive searches by law enforcement officers and volunteers on land and water.

Haleigh's disappearance initially was described by authorities as a child-abduction case. At the conclusion of the three-day April search, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy officially labeled it a homicide.

In January, Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, Misty Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr., Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes and a former search volunteer Donna Brock of Orlando were arrested following a month-long narcotics investigation into the trafficking of prescription pills.

Cummings is working out a plea agreement with his attorney to drop two of five drug trafficking charges, and is scheduled for a hearing on Aug. 20.

Sykes, 19, was sentenced to 15 years in prison in April, while Misty Croslin faces seven counts of trafficking in Putnam. Her last chance to make a plea deal is Aug. 16.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »

Croslin Jr. given 15 years for trafficking
Posted: August 7, 2010 - 12:03amPhotos
Hank Croslin Sr., left, and his son Hank 'Tommy ' Croslin Jr. wait in court for the sentencing of the younger on drug trafficking charges. By DON BURK, Morris News Service

Advertisement
 By Dana Treen
PALATKA -- As an undercover operation with ties to the case of missing HaLeigh Cummings winds through the courts, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. became the second person to get a 15-year sentence for trafficking in prescription drugs.

In April, another defendant in the case, 19-year-old Hope Sykes, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by Circuit Judge Terry LaRue in Palatka.

Sentencing in the three remaining cases could follow within a month.

Croslin's parents, jailed on separate drug charges and dressed in county inmate uniforms, were in the courtroom Friday morning as witnesses. His ex-wife, who said she was pressed by family to divorce him, also was there.

She and his father testified for him during the two-hour hearing before LaRue.

The family has been enmeshed in the 18-month-old case of HaLeigh's disappearance, but LaRue said Croslin's offer to help detectives solve the mystery carried little weight in his decision.

The judge said the only distinction that struck him was that Croslin continued to deal drugs as an intense investigation was taking place to find the girl who authorities now believe is dead.

"Mr. Croslin is a drug dealer, pure and simple," LaRue said before imposing the sentence.

He also sentenced Croslin to a concurrent five years in prison in a possession case. The trafficking sentence included 10 years' probation following prison and a $50,000 fine.

Croslin's attorney, James Werter, was seeking a three- to five-year prison term. Jason Lewis of the prosecution asked for 30 years.

Werter said he has 30 days to appeal the sentence or ask that mitigating circumstances be considered to shorten it but has not made a decision to do so.

He said Croslin no longer has an incentive to help investigators in Haleigh's disappearance, as he has been doing.

Lewis said Croslin only came forward when he faced a lengthy prison sentence. He said he did not consider that Croslin cooperated because investigators still do not have a full picture of what happened the night Haleigh vanished.

"He is still a suspect in that case," Lewis said.

Hank Croslin Sr., who admitted to a long history of drug abuse, said, when he would bring drugs home, a young Tommy would throw them away.

"He's the one who we thought would make it," he said.

Croslin showed little emotion at the end of the hearing, saying simply, "God is with me," as they took him down the hall from the courtroom.

Croslin, who turned 24 this week, told the judge he has been involved with drugs since he was 12 and became addicted to pills after moving to Putnam County. He said since being jailed in January he has turned down several offers of drugs.

He lived with his wife and three children in Satsuma and was a block away from the mobile home where HaLeigh was living before she vanished Feb. 10, 2009.

Croslin was no novice in the drug-trafficking arena, said Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent Travis Smith, who led the monthlong undercover operation late last year that ended with the five arrests in January.

He escaped an earlier trafficking charge when he was arrested in November, but investigators missed finding a stash of pills.

Croslin was with his sister, Misty Croslin, in December when they went with an undercover narcotics agent to buy drugs.

On Dec. 22, the siblings met the undercover detective in Satsuma and drove north, making a couple of stops, including a pool hall in Palatka where Croslin made several phone calls to make a drug connection, according to Smith and a Putnam County Sheriff's Office report.

Then they drove to a McDonald's restaurant and parked while he crossed the street and met someone in a black pickup. He returned with 45 Roxicodone pills the detective bought for $650. The agent tipped Croslin $100 at the end of the deal, Smith said. The pills weighed 5.1 grams.

Investigators have not disclosed who else was involved with the drug supply network.

The undercover operation in Putnam and St. Johns counties ended nearly a month later when the Croslins were arrested along with HaLeigh's father, Ronald Cummings, his cousin Sykes and Misty's friend Donna Brock.

Sykes was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Misty Croslin faces seven counts of trafficking in Putnam and has her last chance to make a plea deal in those cases Aug. 16. She faces trial in the eighth case in St. Johns and has an Aug. 23 court date there.

Brock, her co-defendant in the St. Johns case, pleaded guilty and is scheduled for sentencing Sept. 1.

Cummings is negotiating a deal to drop two of five trafficking charges against him and will likely get 15 years. His next court date is Aug. 20, three days after Haleigh's seventh birthday.

Following Croslin's sentencing Friday, HaLeigh's great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, said a vigil is planned for Tuesday at First Baptist Church in Welaka to recognize the 18-month mark of the youngster's disappearance.

A balloon release is scheduled for the foot of Memorial Bridge in Palatka for Aug. 17, to coincide with her birthday.

Sykes said she believes Croslin knows more than he is telling.

"I don't know why he won't tell us," she said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-08-07/croslin-jr-given-15-years-trafficking
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »

My No. 1 goal in life is to be back in society and be able to raise my children better than I was raised," Croslin said, adding that his parents used drugs that included cocaine since he was a youngster.

Also testifying on his behalf were his ex-wife, Lindsy Collins, and his father, Hank Croslin Sr.

Collins and Tommy Croslin have children ages 6, 4 and 2. Collins said she still loves him and divorced him because her family threatened to disown her if she did not.

Hank Croslin Sr. said he has been a longtime drug user and always believed Tommy Croslin would break the cycle of drug use.

This is page 2 of the article..
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100807/ARTICLES/8071006/1002?p=2&tc=pg
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »

I cannot promise to be here every day.  I cannot promise that anything I say or do will make a difference.....but despite this circus, I will not forget you Haleigh

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.