March 28, 2024, 10:59:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 568171 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »

I don't think this is a new revelation, but it was posted today. 

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-08-17/story/misty-croslin-heard-haleigh-being-attacked-5-year-old-vanished-her

Misty Croslin attorney: She heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished

Posted: August 17, 2010 - 10:26am

ST. AUGUSTINE — Misty Croslin cowered beneath a sheet and heard the screams of Haleigh Cummings being attacked the night the 5-year-old disappeared, Croslin's attorney said this morning.

Croslin has told investigators she was at the mobile home in Satsuma in Putnam County and heard the attack then heard a van door outside open and close, Robert Fields said following a hearing on a prescription drug charge Croslin faces in St. Johns County.

The five- to six-minute attack happened after a cousin of Croslin's came to the mobile home looking for a machine gun belonging to Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

The gun wasn't there, Fields said

"Haleigh was a substitute," he said.

He said Croslin hid beneath the sheet holding 3-year-old Ronald Cummings Jr..

Fields said Croslin, who is likely facing 25 years in prison on unrelated drug trafficking charges, has told invesigators the story.

This morning, she pleaded no contest to a charge of trafficking in oxycodone at a St. Johns County truck stop. Judge Wendy Berger set an Oct. 8 sentencing date. Monday, Croslin pleaded no contest to seven similar charges in Putnam County.

Previously, Croslin family members have said Joe Overstreet, a cousin in Tennessee, was at the mobile home the night Haleigh disappeared 18 months ago. Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., was also there at some point that night.

Fields said it is not clear if Croslin Jr. was at the mobile home when Haleigh was attacked. He had been there eralier in the night.

Croslin Jr. has said he was at the mobile home that night. He and his sister are telling investigators similar stories, Fields said.

Croslin Jr. has said he delayed telling his part of the story because he feared for the welfare of his family. He relented after he was jailed on the drug-trafficking charges and his family moved from Satsuma.

Investigators questioned Overstreet that February and again this year in Tennessee where he lives. But he has never been charged or named a suspect.

Today marks Haleigh's seventh birthday. A balloon release is scheduled for shortly after 2 p.m. at Memorial Bridge in Palatka.

I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2010, 12:03:59 PM »

Is it me or does he look like "Dopey" from the seven dwarfs?
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: August 17, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »

Happy Birthday sweet Haleigh. an angelic monkey

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #543 on: August 17, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »

I don't think this is a new revelation, but it was posted today. 

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-08-17/story/misty-croslin-heard-haleigh-being-attacked-5-year-old-vanished-her

Misty Croslin attorney: She heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished

Posted: August 17, 2010 - 10:26am

ST. AUGUSTINE — Misty Croslin cowered beneath a sheet and heard the screams of Haleigh Cummings being attacked the night the 5-year-old disappeared, Croslin's attorney said this morning.

Croslin has told investigators she was at the mobile home in Satsuma in Putnam County and heard the attack then heard a van door outside open and close, Robert Fields said following a hearing on a prescription drug charge Croslin faces in St. Johns County.

The five- to six-minute attack happened after a cousin of Croslin's came to the mobile home looking for a machine gun belonging to Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

The gun wasn't there, Fields said

"Haleigh was a substitute," he said.

He said Croslin hid beneath the sheet holding 3-year-old Ronald Cummings Jr..

Fields said Croslin, who is likely facing 25 years in prison on unrelated drug trafficking charges, has told invesigators the story.

This morning, she pleaded no contest to a charge of trafficking in oxycodone at a St. Johns County truck stop. Judge Wendy Berger set an Oct. 8 sentencing date. Monday, Croslin pleaded no contest to seven similar charges in Putnam County.

Previously, Croslin family members have said Joe Overstreet, a cousin in Tennessee, was at the mobile home the night Haleigh disappeared 18 months ago. Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., was also there at some point that night.

Fields said it is not clear if Croslin Jr. was at the mobile home when Haleigh was attacked. He had been there eralier in the night.

Croslin Jr. has said he was at the mobile home that night. He and his sister are telling investigators similar stories, Fields said.

Croslin Jr. has said he delayed telling his part of the story because he feared for the welfare of his family. He relented after he was jailed on the drug-trafficking charges and his family moved from Satsuma.

Investigators questioned Overstreet that February and again this year in Tennessee where he lives. But he has never been charged or named a suspect.

Today marks Haleigh's seventh birthday. A balloon release is scheduled for shortly after 2 p.m. at Memorial Bridge in Palatka.

B..CH!  How dare she?  There is NO FEAR when a child is being hurt...Hearing this story removes ANY AND ALL compassion I might have felt for Misty and her brother.  I am sorry, but this goes beyond evil, this is inhuman.  I no longer care what happens to them or to Ron.  If each and every one of them do not come forward and tell every detail I hope they stay in jail.  How dare anyone use this as means of making a deal with the court! That baby and the truth should not be allowed to be used as leverage.

I know, sometimes we have to do what it takes, and I am not blaming the courts. 

End of tirade.  For some reason I just lost it reading this.

Terri
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/08/17/haleigh-cummings-case-misty-croslin-confession-he-took-her-away-in-a-black-bag/

Haleigh Cummings Case: Misty Croslin Confession.. “He took her away in a Black Bag”
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: August 17, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »

OMG. I just read this in the Palm Beach Post online.. she saw her get stuffed into a garbage bag screaming and did NOTHING?? Don't know whether to disbelieve her or hopes she gets shanked in prison.....   Shocked

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »

Link...sorry
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/croslin-says-she-heard-haleigh-cummings-attack-864037.html
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. — The woman who was at home with Haleigh Cummings the night she disappeared told investigators she heard the girl being attacked, her attorney said Tuesday.

Attorney Robert Fields said 18-year-old Misty Croslin told investigators the attack came after her cousin arrived looking for a gun belonging to Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. Croslin was living in a Satsuma mobile home with Cummings at the time. The two later married but then broke up.

Croslin told investigators she saw her cousin Joe Overstreet put the screaming child in a black bag, and she heard a van door open and close outside.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2010, 02:37:43 PM »

Misty was sooooooo scared she hid with Jr. under the covers. Closed her eyes real tight, totally fearful for her life....but she was able to SEE Haliegh being stuffed into a bag?  BS

IF the child was screaming, she was most likely kicking and flailing her arms....wouldn't that tear most trash bags?  I doubt they bought the expensive brand  ( sorry for my judgemental statement ).

If it were not a trash bag, where did it come from?  What type can hold,( zip, or snap close,)  a screaming and flailing child? 

Now IF this child was sexually assaulted, I cannot IMAGINE the screaming from pain. That was a small trailer and no doubt the walls were flimsy.  I HAVE to stop thinking about this....I truly feel as if I could beat the truth out of her.

As for Tommy C.  if he had info to pass to LE then he was there at some point and observed the same.  He was scared too?  JO is
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »

Sorry I hit a wrong button.

JO is one person.  And a person from out of town at that.  Tommy is so dumb he didn't think LE could act on this quick, get the evidence, JO and allow time for them to relocate if they were so scared?  I can come to no other conclusion than Tommy is either the only culprit or in it up to his neck.  The two siblings banned together to scapegoat JO.  JO cannot say one word without implicating himself.

I have only been a member here for a short time and I would like to assure you I generally to not get worked into such a state. 

AND to think Ron had to have at least had images in his mind as he wondered about Haliegh's last hours.  If I can get this upset what about Ron?  How could he go one minute without smashing the truth out of the siblings.  I am officially done with all of the creeps.

Terri
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »

Misty was sooooooo scared she hid with Jr. under the covers. Closed her eyes real tight, totally fearful for her life....but she was able to SEE Haliegh being stuffed into a bag?  BS

IF the child was screaming, she was most likely kicking and flailing her arms....wouldn't that tear most trash bags?  I doubt they bought the expensive brand  ( sorry for my judgemental statement ).

If it were not a trash bag, where did it come from?  What type can hold,( zip, or snap close,)  a screaming and flailing child? 

Now IF this child was sexually assaulted, I cannot IMAGINE the screaming from pain. That was a small trailer and no doubt the walls were flimsy.  I HAVE to stop thinking about this....I truly feel as if I could beat the truth out of her.

As for Tommy C.  if he had info to pass to LE then he was there at some point and observed the same.  He was scared too?  JO is

Sorry but I don't believe a word these brain dead ,drugged out , ::MonkeyMad::lying scum of the earth say

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: August 17, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

Just the thought of how terrified Haleigh must have been is enough to hurt my heart..... I hope they all die in prison

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: August 17, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

www.bloggernews.net

Croslin Pleads No Contest in St Johns, Says She Heard Haleigh Cummings AttackPosted on August 17th, 2010 by Simon Barrett in Breaking News, crimeRead 78 times.This just in from our friend TJ Hart of The Sky 97.3 - Simon

The woman babysitting a Florida girl the night she went missing has reportedly told investigators she heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished.

Misty Croslin’s attorney Robert Fields said Tuesday that the18-year-old told investigators the attack came after a cousin came to the Satsuma mobile home looking for a gun belonging to Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings.

Fields said “Haleigh was a substitute” for the missing gun.

Neither Fields nor the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office immediately returned our phone messages or e-mails.

The sheriff’s office has questioned Croslin’s credibility, saying investigators don’t believe 5-year-old Haleigh was abductedby a stranger in February 2009.

Croslin was in court in St Johns County where pleaded no contest Tuesday to drug trafficking charges. Under normal circumstances, the charge carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years in prison. However, Fields said he will make the case for youthful offender status at her sentencing, which is set for Oct. 8.

In this case, investigators found she had 155 oxycodone pills, with a weight of 70.7 grams and a value of $800. The plea entered on one count in St. Augustine Tuesday morning mirrors the no contest pleas entered on several drug-trafficking charges in Putnam County on Monday.

This is the media release from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office:

Date: August 17, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for an official comment regarding a statement made earlier today by Attorney Robert Fields. For those outlets not aware, Attorney Fields is legal counsel for Misty Croslin.

Attorney Fields made a statement to media outlets that after Misty Croslin’s arrest, she informed investigators what happened the night Haleigh Cummings went missing, and what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding this morning’s events at this time. The main concern of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is finding Haleigh Cummings and returning her home to her family. 

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

TJ Hart
Director of News and Programming
News/Talk 97.3 The SKY WSKY HD1

Simon Says - Having spent many, many months following this case, I have to admit that I always read the PSCO statements very carefully. They often contain a ‘zinger’ but they are oh so good at hiding it in plain sight. Is this what we have here?

Let Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.

Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »

I don't believe a word that comes out of that girls mouth.

That is just Misty's last ditch effort to place blame on someone else.  That being said, I don't like or trust JO, and I do believe he could be involved,  but the truth and the responsibility for what happened to that innocent little girl rests with Misty, always has, always will. MOO

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

I hope no one thought I believed that monster.  I am saying, her version could not be true. But there may be kernels of truth in the story, ex. the stories always end at the St. John's River.

If she is tried as a youthful offender that is an insult to Haliegh.  Of course, I think Ron is an insult to Haliegh.
MOO
Terri
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »

Sorry but I don't believe a word these brain dead ,drugged out , ::MonkeyMad::lying scum of the earth say

My Opinion ... Misty has been set up as the scapegoat by Ron and possibly TN.  Could they have brainwashed Misty into believing that this was how the night went down.  Could they have totally convinced Misty that she is the ONE and JO and TOMMY are responsible for HaLeigh's death ... or disappearance or abduction???

This whole damn bunch are nothing but LIARS.  I would not put anything past them to save their own hides.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Ron is caught in many of the lies and inconsistencies that he has told and that PCSO have him under the scope.  He is wanting a plea deal ... so he must tell the truth.  Does PCSO know his actual WERK hours ... can they throw that back in Ron's face .... my fingers are crossed. 

For those of you that believe Ron is innocent ... sorry for the post, but this is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #555 on: August 17, 2010, 04:10:44 PM »

He said Croslin hid beneath the sheet holding 3-year-old Ronald Cummings Jr..    I thought the beds were not unmade, could have sworn that is what Ron said. Are we too believe Misty got out of the bed and then made the bed up? There isn't one word that comes out of any of them that I believe. Nothing but drug infested minds saying whatever will help them and that's it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/08/17/haleigh-cummings-case-misty-croslin-confession-he-took-her-away-in-a-black-bag/

Haleigh Cummings Case: Misty Croslin Confession.. “He took her away in a Black Bag”

Thank-you, very interesting comments by Blink.
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2010, 04:24:38 PM »

I believe that Misty knows exactly how unbelievable her story about what happened is. I believe her when she said that she wished she had never stayed with Ron or met him, whichever is correct. I'm not sure what it is exactly that holds this girl back from telling the truth except that I believe that she is potentially protecting someone else, either herself or someone in her family from being held accountable to an unrelated crime.

Unbelievable and incredible = uncredible.

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »

PS Timmy and Chelsea moving away so quickly and so far still puzzles me. I wonder how they can afford putting $$ on either Tommy or Misty's books, phone call allowance or if they are still doing that?
I do recall reading somewhere that Chelsea allegedly was trying to sell her/their interview story in order to get travel monies ???

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:45 PM »

OMG. I just read this in the Palm Beach Post online.. she saw her get stuffed into a garbage bag screaming and did NOTHING?? Don't know whether to disbelieve her or hopes she gets shanked in prison.....   Shocked
I vote for shanked.  WTH?  Why didn't she call 911?  Not buying any of it but the scary thing is there is always a hint of truth in those who lie.  The only thing I am convinced of is Misty knows exactly what happened to Haleigh and she should be hung for what they are trying to pull now.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.