March 29, 2024, 06:49:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 568344 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2010, 12:56:45 AM »

He was too high to see anything 

Every time I see his photo, Dueling Banjos starts playing in my head.

I always picture Mr. Stress:

Poor kid, it would not have taken much to have his ears fixed.  He probably got a lot of teasing about it in school.  Instead his parents put all of that money into drugs.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #701 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:46 AM »

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

Misty Croslin’s Body Language Reveals She’s Not Doing Very Well In Jail As Shock of Reality Sets In

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/20/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Tommy Croslin Attorney Says Haleigh Was Strangled

Aired August 20, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: August 21, 2010, 06:24:13 AM »

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/20/ijvm.01.html

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Ron Cummings Agrees to Plea Deal 

Aired August 20, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2010, 06:26:33 AM »

Bearly -            Mr. Stress....   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/24701339/detail.html
Croslin Says He Saw Haleigh Cummings Taken In Bag
POSTED: 12:17 pm EDT August 20, 2010
UPDATED: 12:51 am EDT August 21, 2010
Video at link

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- An attorney said his client saw 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings taken from her home in a bag.

Since Haleigh disappeared, investigators have been prying Misty Croslin for information about what happened that night.

As recently as March, she told her mother while in jail that she didn't know anything. Now, according to her attorney, she has changed her story.

Attorney James Werter said Hank Croslin Jr. and his cousin, Joe Overstreet, drove the girl to a Putnam County boat ramp, where she was dumped into the St. Johns River.

Werter said Croslin and Overstreet went to the Satsuma mobile home where Haleigh was being watched by Croslin's sister.

He said Overstreet went to the home looking for a hunting rifle.

"The gun wasn't there, Joe Overstreet lost his temper and took or did something to Haleigh that evening," Werter said.

He said Croslin described the girl as limp and quiet as the men drove to the dock.

Werter said there are similar stories coming from both Misty and Hank Croslin Jr. in jail.
"The two of these people have not been in contact with each other while in jail, so it was not like they are collaborating on stories," Werter said.

He said he maintains that his client didn't hurt Haleigh.

"Tommy rode with him where Joe Overstreet disposed of the body off that dock, which was the subject of search in April," Werter said.

Haleigh's family believes both Croslins and their cousin have all been lying since the 5-year-old vanished. Haleigh's mother does, too.

"I want (Misty) to look me in my eyes and see the hurt because I don't have my baby," Crystal Sheffield said. "She had her. She could have done something."

Overstreet's attorney has said he had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance in February 2009. WESH 2 called Overstreet's attorney Friday night, but the calls weren't returned.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office officials said it is a homicide investigation, but they won't reveal many details about what they know.

Neither Croslin nor Overstreet have been charged in the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:11 AM »

Hey Sassy!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »

Will jail time unlock secrets to Haleigh?
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100821/ARTICLES/8211010/1002?tc=ar

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:39 AM »

Ronald Cummings pleads guilty

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:03 AM EDT

Ronald Cummings, father of Haleigh Cummings, pleaded guilty Friday to three of five drug trafficking charges he faces in exchange for his testimony and cooperation involving the case of his missing daughter.

He has also agreed to provide the state with "substantial assistance" in the drug case, which led to his arrest along with four others last January following a month-long undercover narcotics bust.

"I don't think there is anything else he could give them," defense attorney Terry Shoemaker said.

"We have met with them numerous times and answered all their questions, but you never know," Shoemaker said. "If there ever was a trial in Haleigh's disappearance then they could ask him to come back and testify for that."

Walking into the courtroom, Cummings smiled as he glanced at his family sitting in the front row.

His mother, Teresa Neves, wiped her eyes as he pleaded to the three charges, which will give him a minimum mandatory of 15 years.

The charges stem from three transactions in which he sold 39.7 grams of hydrocodone worth $465 to undercover officers.

Circuit Judge Terry LaRue set Cummings' sentencing for Sept. 24.

Others arrested in the undercover operation include his cousin, Hope Sykes, 18; his ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18; and her brother, Hank Croslin Jr, 24.

Videos secretly recorded during the transactions serve as the state's key evidence.

"It's not like there is a lot they could argue or fight in trial, so the evidence against them is what made everybody plea," Shoemaker said.

Misty Croslin was the last person to see Haleigh before the 5-year-old disappeared the night of Feb. 10, 2009.

Cummings was working a night shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka when Croslin reported Haleigh missing to police at 3:27 a.m.

Croslin married and later divorced Cummings, and was later caught on camera dealing drugs with him after they split.

She has also been called "the key to the investigation" several times by law enforcement due to her inconsistence accounts of what happened that night.

No suspects have been named in the case.

On Monday, accusations from Misty Croslin's attorney came out that her Tennessee cousin, Joe Overstreet, took Haleigh when he couldn't find a gun that belonged to Cummings.

Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, said Croslin fought with Overstreet at the Satsuma trailer and then hid under the covers as she heard Haleigh struggle before the 5-year-old was stashed in a black bag and taken away in a van.

Fields said Croslin Jr. gave investigators a similar story to investigators last spring, which triggered a three-day search of the St. Johns River near the Shell Harbour boat ramp.

Nothing was found.

Shoemaker said his client is skeptical of the story.

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."

When asked about Cummings' relationship with Overstreet, Shoemaker said the two did not get along.

"He said it was just one of those where he didn't know him but didn't have good feelings about him," Shoemaker said.

Overstreet was arrested in Tennessee on drug charges last week.

Authorities have questioned Overstreet on several occasions following Haleigh's disappearance. His attorney said Overstreet had no role in the disappearance.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, was also present at Friday's court hearing, and said afterward that it's time that someone talks.

"I don't care if they are in prison or not, they just need to tell what happened," Sheffield said. "The truth needs to come out so my baby can come home."

Putnam County authorities said what began as a child abduction case is now a homicide investigation, but several of Haleigh's family members insist they believe the child is alive.

Both Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield have been ruled out as suspects, authorities said.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/08/21/news/news01.txt

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »

Walking into the courtroom, Cummings smiled as he glanced at his family sitting in the front row.

His mother, Teresa Neves, wiped her eyes as he pleaded to the three charges, which will give him a minimum mandatory of 15 years.

The charges stem from three transactions in which he sold 39.7 grams of hydrocodone worth $465 to undercover officers.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2010, 10:39:17 AM »

Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, said Croslin fought with Overstreet at the Satsuma trailer and then hid under the covers as she heard Haleigh struggle before the 5-year-old was stashed in a black bag and taken away in a van.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »

Shoemaker said his client is skeptical of the story.

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why someone would go to steal a gun and steal a child instead," Shoemaker said. "I think he has a feeling that there's still more that needs to come out."

The above reminds me of when RC stated that HaLeigh was not property.  It sounds to me that RC at this time was aware that JO had done something to HaLeigh.  Could RC have told LE early on in the investigation and they have just been looking for HaLeigh's where abouts (a live child at first, but then her body)?

Could that account for all the weirdness in this case?

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »

Croslins' stories add to clue count in Haleigh's case

Pair, Haleigh's dad key in case

Posted: August 21, 2010 - 1:21am

By Dana Treen

PALATKA - Investigators may be inching closer to discovering what happened to missing Haleigh Cummings because of her father's cooperation in the investigation and bits of information that have surfaced in recent months, his attorney said Friday.

Ronald Cummings' help and sensitivity to the fact he is Haleigh's father may have been factors in an agreement that will likely get him a 15-year prison sentence on three charges of trafficking in hydrocodone, said Terry Shoemaker, his attorney.

Photo Gallery: View images from the court

Cummings was charged in five cases but two were dropped. He pleaded guilty Friday in Palatka and will be sentenced Sept. 24.

His mother, grandmother and other family members sat in the courtroom but did not want to comment afterward. Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, who has long been estranged from Cummings, said later his prison sentence would hurt their son.

Shoemaker said Cummings has answered any questions detectives asked him about the drug deals or events leading up to when Haleigh vanished.

"I think he gave some things that linked up their theories," Shoemaker said after the hearing. Of five people arrested in January in the undercover drug operation, Cummings so far is the only one to have a deal.

"I would say some of that is based on our conversations and some of that is based on the situation," he said. "I represented the father of a missing girl."

Shoemaker called Cummings "collateral damage" and not the target in the trafficking case that also ended with the arrests of Cummings' ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18, and her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 24, who was sentenced to 15 years after selling prescription drugs to an undercover officer. In all, five people were arrested.

Misty Croslin is scheduled to be sentenced in October.

Their mother, Lisa Croslin, was in court to hear Cummings' plea. She was released from jail this week after a charge of buying crack cocaine in Palatka was dropped.

In Feb. 10, 2009, Misty Croslin reported Haleigh missing from the Satsuma mobile home. Her brother was there when the 5-year-old vanished, his attorney, James Werter, said Thursday.

Attorneys for the siblings released details this week about what their clients have been telling investigators since their January arrests in the trafficking case. The Croslins told detectives a cousin from Tennessee came to the mobile home and took the kindergartner.

Croslin Jr. said Haleigh was thrown into the St. Johns River north of Welaka that night, Werter said.

Authorities are not commenting on where the case stands.

"These attorneys are trying to force our hand," said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "Since day one we have really kept it close to the vest."

Spokesman Chris Kelly of the State Attorney's Office said prosecutors do not talk about plea decisions in open cases.

Shoemaker said he has not spoken to investigators for a couple of weeks but believes they are nearer to determining what happened.

"I think they are closer; I think so," he said. "I think they are able to use a lot of information from Misty and Tommy and piece it together."

He would not describe what Cummings told investigators.

The Croslins told authorities their cousin Joe Overstreet was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Overstreet has been interviewed at least twice by detectives since the disappearance but has not been charged or named a suspect.

They said Overstreet was at the mobile home with them the night Haleigh disappeared and that he put her in a bag and dumped her in the St. Johns River after a machine gun he wanted was not at Cummings' Satsuma mobile home.

Shoemaker said Cummings is skeptical of parts of that account.

"Ronald has a hard time understanding why a person who wanted to steal a gun would steal a child instead," he said Friday

In the pleading, Cummings agreed to cooperate with any future trials or investigations.

A pre-sentence investigation will be conducted but Shoemaker said part of the reason sentencing is in late September is "in case something comes up they want to know."

"If there ever was a trial in Haleigh's disappearance, yes, they could ask him to come back and testify," he said.

Cummings' most valuable testimony may be in the form of a timeline concerning the days and weeks leading up to Haleigh's disappearance. Law enforcement officials have said Cummings is not a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance.

She has not been found.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-08-21/story/croslins-stories-add-clue-count-haleighs-case

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

Shoemaker called Cummings "collateral damage" and not the target in the trafficking case that also ended with the arrests of Cummings' ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18, and her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 24, who was sentenced to 15 years after selling prescription drugs to an undercover officer. In all, five people were arrested.
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-08-21/story/croslins-stories-add-clue-count-haleighs-case

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »

vaquera said:

in August 20th, 2010 at 11:50 pm
“And I know it’s not being talked about here but they do read here and Crystal Cummmings wears those wigs because of a medical condition. Not everyone has the money to buy the expensive ones that you can’t tell are wigs..”

http://www.bloggernews.net/125102

Heart
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

In Haleigh case, prison might jog some memories
Putnam sheriff's strategy for answers might be some time behind bars.

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 7:59 a.m.
( page of 4 )

Soon, most of the key figures in the February 2009 disappearance of Haleigh Cummings will be in prison doing time on unrelated drug convictions.

Locked away with them will be whatever secrets they still might hold that could solve the case.

But legal experts say unraveling the mystery could hinge on classic legal tactics in which key figures already in prison feed investigators more information in the hope that a judge might be willing to lighten their sentence.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100821/articles/100829956&tc=yahoo
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »

Hey Sassy!

Hey Trimm!   

Thanks for all the updates.   And thanks to Heart and other Monks providing links and updates, too.    an angelic monkey

Justice for Haleigh!   
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »

1947 Sierra NG  8/20/2010 part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPSbkX72IqU
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #718 on: August 21, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »

I do so want to thank Heart, trimm, and others for keeping us updated with all the information.  It is wonderful that Haleigh has people like you fighting to keep her front and center in all of this mess.

I was not aware Crystal was wearing a wig... she looks really good.  I hope whatever her medical condition, she is doing well.

The photo of her being restrained from confronting Lisa sums up the entire case for me..it didn't look like self centered anger, but pure intent of fighting for her child...shouldn't that have been Ron and his family from day one?

I pray Crystal is given the truth and can rest knowing all those at fault are paying dearly for the pain her daughter endured.  Crystal deserves nothing less.

MOO

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #719 on: August 21, 2010, 12:36:59 PM »

I believe collateral damage is reserved for innocent victims.  Ron may not have been the target of the drug sting, but was an active participant.   In any other scenerio wouldn't LE and society be happy when an extra dealer is caught?  I would think that is "killing two birds with one stone"...Ron is just another dealer off the streets.  MOO

Terri
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.