March 29, 2024, 09:03:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #38 7/15/10 - 9/24/10  (Read 568377 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2010, 01:14:35 AM »

Croslins’ stories add to clue count in Haleigh’s case

By DANA TREEN - The Florida Times-Union

PALATKA — Investigators may be inching closer to discovering what happened to missing Haleigh Cummings because of her father’s cooperation in the investigation and bits of information that have surfaced in recent months, his attorney said Friday.

Ronald Cummings’ help and sensitivity to the fact he is Haleigh’s father may have been factors in an agreement that will likely get him a 15-year prison sentence on three charges of trafficking in hydrocodone, said Terry Shoemaker, his attorney.

Cummings was charged in five cases but two were dropped. He pleaded guilty Friday in Palatka and will be sentenced Sept. 24.
ASSOCiATED PRESS Ronald Cummings, center, turns to his attorney Terry Shoemaker, right, while being led out of the courtroom Friday at the Putnam County Courthouse in Palatka.

His mother, grandmother and other family members sat in the courtroom but did not want to comment afterward. Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, who has long been estranged from Cummings, said later his prison sentence would hurt their son.

Shoemaker said Cummings has answered any questions detectives asked him about the drug deals or events leading up to when Haleigh vanished.

“I think he gave some things that linked up their theories,” Shoemaker said after the hearing. Of five people arrested in January in the undercover drug operation, Cummings so far is the only one to have a deal.

“I would say some of that is based on our conversations and some of that is based on the situation,” he said. “I represented the father of a missing girl.”

Shoemaker called Cummings “collateral damage” and not the target in the trafficking case that also ended with the arrests of Cummings’ ex-wife, Misty Croslin, 18, and her brother Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., 24, who was sentenced to 15 years after selling prescription drugs to an undercover officer. In all, five people were arrested.

Their mother, Lisa Croslin, was in court to hear Cummings’ plea. She was released from jail this week after a charge of buying crack cocaine in Palatka was dropped.

In Feb. 10, 2009, Misty Croslin reported Haleigh missing from the Satsuma mobile home. Her brother was there when the 5-year-old vanished, his attorney, James Werter, said Thursday.

Attorneys for the siblings released details this week about what their clients have been telling investigators since their January arrests in the trafficking case. The Croslins told detectives a cousin from Tennessee came to the mobile home and took the kindergartner.

Croslin Jr. said Haleigh was thrown into the St. Johns River north of Welaka that night, Werter said.

Authorities are not commenting on where the case stands.

“These attorneys are trying to force our hand,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. “Since day one we have really kept it close to the vest.”

Spokesman Chris Kelly of the State Attorney’s Office said prosecutors do not talk about plea decisions in open cases. Shoemaker said he has not spoken to investigators for a couple of weeks but believes they are nearer to determining what happened.

He would not describe what Cummings told investigators.

The Croslins told authorities their cousin Joe Overstreet was responsible for Haleigh’s disappearance. Overstreet has been interviewed at least twice by detectives since the disappearance but has not been charged or named a suspect.

They said Overstreet was at the mobile home with them the night Haleigh disappeared and that he put her in a bag and dumped her in the St. Johns River after a machine gun he wanted was not at Cummings’ Satsuma mobile home.

Shoemaker said Cummings is skeptical of parts of that account.

“Ronald has a hard time understanding why a person who wanted to steal a gun would steal a child instead,” he said Friday

In the pleading, Cummings agreed to cooperate with any future trials or investigations.

A pre-sentence investigation will be conducted but Shoemaker said part of the reason sentencing is in late September is “in case something comes up they want to know.”

“If there ever was a trial in Haleigh’s disappearance, yes, they could ask him to come back and testify,” he said.

Cummings’ most valuable testimony may be in the form of a timeline concerning the days and weeks leading up to Haleigh’s disappearance. Law enforcement officials have said Cummings is not a suspect in Haleigh’s disappearance.

She has not been found.

Read more: http://www.bradenton.com/2010/08/22/2520895_p2/croslins-stories-add-to-clue-count.html#ixzz0xJCpmU9d

Heart
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2010, 06:17:09 AM »

What has Jr. had to say....he would know if Haleigh was taken and he and Misty was under the covers....I recall early on Jr. saying 'per 'Crystal that he was afraid of the man in black  coming out of the wall....does anyone else recall that statement...it  on the show  that Crystal and Jr. were together and Jr. was eating chips...I think it was "Greta" on fox news...

Heart....do you recall that show?

Heart thank you for your dedication to Haleigh!! 

If it was dark in the bedroom when Jr. opened his eyes, and there was a male dressed in black in the room that he didn't see, when that male moved, he probably appeared to come right out of the wall.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #742 on: August 22, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »

Good morning Monkey's,

We will find out what really happened at the Trailer.  It is my hope, once these Stinkpot's are ALL sentenced, then
the truth will come out.  Mr. Werner was Crystal's investigator, he may have spoken to Butterbean to find out about
the mysterious man dressed in black. 

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

Haleigh Update: Former FBI Agent Makes Claim, Croslin Cousin Questioned AgainPosted on April 14th, 2010 by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crimeRead 5,126 times.This just in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

More information, credible and otherwise, is swirling this morning in the investigation into the disappearance of 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings who vanished from her Satsuma home in February 2009.

A former FBI agent working for the family of Crystal Sheffield claims to have solve the Haleigh Cummings case.

Steve Brown appeared Wednesday morning on WJXT TV in Jacksonville, FL to explain some of his murky findings.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 22, 2010, 07:55:37 AM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/08/lying-about-haleigh-cummings.html
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Haleigh Cummings: Spreading a Lie On TV

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: August 22, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »

Thanks Heart.Happy Sunday!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: August 22, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »

Horrific, but probably the most believable scenario that I have heard.  It would also explain (to me anyway) Tommy's change in appearance.  I feel like he has been so drugged up that he has not faced what likely happened that night and now that he had no choice.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: August 22, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »

Horrific, but probably the most believable scenario that I have heard.  It would also explain (to me anyway) Tommy's change in appearance.  I feel like he has been so drugged up that he has not faced what likely happened that night and now that he had no choice.

sigh..... I mean now he has no choice.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: August 22, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Thanks Heart.Happy Sunday!   

Good morning trim  and hope you have a beautiful Sunday as well!

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: August 22, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »

Haleigh Cummings – Caylee Anthony And Others – BNN On The Radio

In the Haleigh Cummings case it has been another busy week. Ronald Cummings has accepted a plea deal, part of which is his commitment to testify for the prosecution if required.

more...
http://www.bloggernews.net/125118

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: August 22, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »

I wonder why Leonard Padilla is so sure that JO was not involved with HaLeigh's disappearance 

Leonard Padilla Bombshell - Was it Cousin Joe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MhChz9OqLg

GRACE: It makes absolutely no sense. I`m going to go to that man that promised to bail her out if she would help find little Haleigh, who is now offering to bail out Ronald Cummings if he promises not to go on a vendetta regarding the death of his daughter. To Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter, joining us from Sacramento, California.

You know what, Leonard? I do not believe one thing that Misty Croslin says. Notice that she is blaming Joe and Tommy Croslin -- Tommy -- Joe Overstreet, Tommy Croslin. Tommy Croslin is blaming Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet`s saying, I wasn`t there. All three are pointing the finger at each other.

And listen, Padilla, no offense, but if this were the truth that Misty`s telling now, she would have told you this to get out of jail a while back. Something has changed.

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: No. The truth is still within Misty. She has not told the truth. I do believe that she contacted either Timmy or Tommy or Overstreet, the cousin. And I do believe that the van was driven to her house. I do believe that Tommy, who has told law enforcement that he was there and took them out to where they put the body in the river -- in other words, I have a lot of belief in that, but I believe the body was already -- the child was already deceased.

The only person at this stage of the game that knows what caused the demise of the child, obviously, is Misty. And Misty is being very coy about answering the questions, other than trying to blame Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet did not harm that child. He did not kill that child. He probably wasn`t even where the -- there when the body was dumped in the river.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ng.01.html

Heart
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »

Some of this sounds very likely to me except the questions I posted to him under "anonymous" about Haleigh being drugged during this time period.   

I am still holding out hope that we are getting a little closer everyday to justice for Haleigh.   

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: August 22, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »

I wonder why Leonard Padilla is so sure that JO was not involved with HaLeigh's disappearance 

Leonard Padilla Bombshell - Was it Cousin Joe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MhChz9OqLg

GRACE: It makes absolutely no sense. I`m going to go to that man that promised to bail her out if she would help find little Haleigh, who is now offering to bail out Ronald Cummings if he promises not to go on a vendetta regarding the death of his daughter. To Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter, joining us from Sacramento, California.

You know what, Leonard? I do not believe one thing that Misty Croslin says. Notice that she is blaming Joe and Tommy Croslin -- Tommy -- Joe Overstreet, Tommy Croslin. Tommy Croslin is blaming Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet`s saying, I wasn`t there. All three are pointing the finger at each other.

And listen, Padilla, no offense, but if this were the truth that Misty`s telling now, she would have told you this to get out of jail a while back. Something has changed.

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: No. The truth is still within Misty. She has not told the truth. I do believe that she contacted either Timmy or Tommy or Overstreet, the cousin. And I do believe that the van was driven to her house. I do believe that Tommy, who has told law enforcement that he was there and took them out to where they put the body in the river -- in other words, I have a lot of belief in that, but I believe the body was already -- the child was already deceased.

The only person at this stage of the game that knows what caused the demise of the child, obviously, is Misty. And Misty is being very coy about answering the questions, other than trying to blame Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet did not harm that child. He did not kill that child. He probably wasn`t even where the -- there when the body was dumped in the river.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ng.01.html

Here is my totally uneducated guess:  Leonard has stated that he has had repeated conversations with the young woman who accompanied Joe back to Tennessee.  He said there were no signs in Joe's behavior that anything of this kind happened.  I believe also that there was mention of clothing thrown away at a service station and I believe he said these were recovered by LE.  NOW, take it for what it is worth, as I can never find the links to the things I remember hearing....

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »

This just made my day.  I finally received a link to a video that I had been looking for ... a long time.  Many of you here also helped to try to locate it.

I'll refresh your memory .. it is the video where Ron is asked if he knows who took HaLeigh ( or similar question) and he replies to ask the police.  Well everyone here it is.

Boy this puts a few more years onto my life, now I know I am not crazy. 

HERE IS THE VIDEO ... WHERE RON SAID ABOUT TO ASK THE POLICE.  About 3:05 into the video .. now the video is only 3:20 long.......

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid40190701001?bctid=10721544001

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2010, 10:22:55 PM »

Sea...I do hope that ret. det. does know the truth and one day soon lets us know!  Wouldn't that be wonderful.  I could believe: 1.  RC drugged HC and left her with MC and she od
                                     2.  Misty drugged her on her own not wanting to be bothered
                                     3.  #2 and ToC abused her
                                     4.  other scenarios similar to above
But.......if RC and MC are innocent then why was TN almost on scene from beginning carrying a pic of HC, why did MC have to turn and look at RC to try to figure out what to say when questioned about that night, why can't she come up with a viable story?  Please God, let us know what has happened to HaLeigh and out little friend kryon and all our other little babies here at SM.

an angelic monkey
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »

This just made my day.  I finally received a link to a video that I had been looking for ... a long time.  Many of you here also helped to try to locate it.

I'll refresh your memory .. it is the video where Ron is asked if he knows who took HaLeigh ( or similar question) and he replies to ask the police.  Well everyone here it is.

Boy this puts a few more years onto my life, now I know I am not crazy. 

HERE IS THE VIDEO ... WHERE RON SAID ABOUT TO ASK THE POLICE.  About 3:05 into the video .. now the video is only 3:20 long.......

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid40190701001?bctid=10721544001

I am glad you found that. 

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »

I always thought someone drowned Haleigh.  I got an image one time of hands holding Haleigh underwater as if I was looking through the killer's eyes.  She kept struggling to get above water to breathe. 

I wondered why someone would drown Haleigh.  Then I remembered the sheet she had wet on.  Maybe someone was so angry that they put her in the bathtub to bathe her, because she wet the sheet.  Someone might have let their anger get away with them and held her underwater.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: August 23, 2010, 02:06:47 AM »

It's a wonder that the people close to this case have not been arrested for anything major until the drug sting had ocurred. I know that some arrests had ocurred prior but nothing that brought on a lengthy sentence anyway.

All those guns and drugs and drug use and possibly drug trafficking and theft and no other arrests prior? It's a dang wonder to me that's for sure.

How did they skip by with all that going on back then?

Even Tommy mentioned in a taped video at the jail while speaking to his Father that he had been doing pills and seemed angry that because Haleigh was missing that it had brought attention on them, thus leading to their current state of incarceration I assumed.

Misty calling 911 over her stolen purse was odd too. Was there ever an arrest made due to that incident I wonder?
Was it a failed drug buy?

Had that ever happened before?

It does make me wonder what other potential incidents may have happened with this bunch prior to Haleigh's disappearance?

Could it be that other possible incidences might be the reason for the silence amongst all of them?

Who could have done what, where, when, how and why?

Another thing...Why hasn't Timmy spoken publicly in defense of his family members? Ever?

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #757 on: August 23, 2010, 02:17:16 AM »

The Gainesville Sun

Crystal Sheffield, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, is restrained by her mother Marie Griffis and her brother Johnny Sheffield Jr., from going over to Lisa Croslin, the mother of Misty Croslin, while Croslin does an interview with the media in the parking lot of the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, August 20, 2010. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

What a nightmare, I can just imagine how Crystal wants to go attack, but then she would end up in jail, and she can't have that happen.

Yeah, I hear ya.  Still and all tho, it would have taken someone bigger n stronger than that to have held me back and sat on me.   

Just as with Jessica Lunsford's dad, I kept waiting for him to go over that railing, and much to his credit, never did. 

I dunno how these parents of loved ones have the strength they do.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

vaquera said:

in August 20th, 2010 at 11:50 pm
“And I know it’s not being talked about here but they do read here and Crystal Cummmings wears those wigs because of a medical condition. Not everyone has the money to buy the expensive ones that you can’t tell are wigs..”

http://www.bloggernews.net/125102

Yeah, and I do feel for her for having that condition but she doesn't have to pick out the Shanaynay wig!

<snort>      Monkey Devil! 

OMG isn't that the truth! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #759 on: August 23, 2010, 02:52:37 AM »

What has Jr. had to say....he would know if Haleigh was taken and he and Misty was under the covers....I recall early on Jr. saying 'per 'Crystal that he was afraid of the man in black  coming out of the wall....does anyone else recall that statement...it  on the show  that Crystal and Jr. were together and Jr. was eating chips...I think it was "Greta" on fox news...

Heart....do you recall that show?

Heart thank you for your dedication to Haleigh!! 

Yep, I remember seeing that show, and that statement Jr. supposedly said.  Geraldo I think.  Cuz I remember a discussion back then as to what Jr possibly could have been referring to.  My fav theory on that is he had seen someone like that climbing thru a window in the dark, which to a lil one could have seemed like someone coming out of the wall.  Who knows for sure.  Still and all tho, I think it's important to listen to what young children say, not lead them of course, just listen.  I also think his supposed statement about the 'couch bouncing', was Misty/Tommy trying to revive HaLeigh.  Those clowns likely didn't know you don't try doing CPR on a soft surface like a bed or couch.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.