April 26, 2024, 11:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Census Takers: A Government Against the People"  (Read 1897 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 24, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »

In Virginia, a male Census Bureau worker, in clear violation of the Fourth Amendment guarantee against unreasonable searches and seizures, reportedly forced his way into a home after being informed by a 19-year-old boy that his mother was asleep and unavailable to answer his questions at that time. Having gained entry to the house, the Census Bureau worker then began to vigorously question the boy, who is half Chinese, about his ethnic heritage, remarking that the son looked Hispanic or Latino. The worker repeatedly asked whether any persons of Hispanic, Latino or Mexican descent lived in the house. Despite being informed that only two persons lived in the house, neither of whom were Hispanic or Latino, the Census Bureau worker continued to question the young man concerning the presence of any Hispanic or Latino persons in the house. This included inquiries as to the presence of any Latino, Hispanic or Mexican babies in the house over the age of one.

This incident is just the "tip of the iceberg." Published and privately reported accounts of similar encounters between American citizens and government enumerators suggest that some Census workers are adopting an aggressive and harassing modus operandi in an attempt to obtain information that goes beyond the head count authorized by the Constitution. For example, a New Jersey resident recently sounded off on Twitter after a Census worker actually rifled through his mail to determine the number of individuals living at his home.

I wonder if these investigative techniques are the written rules, or rules from the Obama White House?

Unfortunately, there's no way to calculate the amount of money being siphoned off the hard-working taxpayer through graft and corruption. Yet the following web account is telling from an anonymous census worker who recounts how enumerators were encouraged to be less efficient in going door-to-door: "In an average suburban neighborhood where the houses are somewhat close to each other, it was no problem to do about 35 to 40 addresses per hour once you learned how to quickly enter data into the computer. The census said that I should be doing about 12 to 15 per hour. My direct bosses told me that I should NOT be doing 35 to 40, because it was making them and other people look bad. So instead of walking at a snail's pace, I just did my 35 to 40/hour and doubled my time when I submitted my hours. Again, sorry for the tax dollar grab, but I was told not to be so darned efficient or else I'd be cut!"

In Wisconsin, the census forms are paper and filled out with pencil.  What is to stop someone in the office/pipeline from changing the forms once they are turned in?

What is to stop aggressive management form using internet searches to fill in the missing pieces like ethnic origin, race, or sex? 

Where is the quality control over the paper forms?

...This isn't a government by the people, for the people and of the people—it's a government that is poorly run, criminally wasteful and which doesn't give a damn about the people. In other words, it's a government against the people.

http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/commentary.asp?record_id=655

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.