April 23, 2024, 06:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obamacare's "minimum coverage provision" v. $130 WI Badgercare  (Read 4256 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 25, 2010, 07:39:46 AM »

"A state cannot ... manufacture its own standing to challenge a federal law by simple expedient of passing a statute purporting to nullify it," read the motion. "Otherwise, a state could import almost any political or policy dispute into federal court by enacting its side of the argument into state law."

Sebelius also contends that the new law, passed solely by the ruling Democrats in Congress and signed by a Democratic president, is constitutional.

"Even if Virginia could surmount this jurisdictional barrier, its claim still would fail because Congress, in adopting the minimum coverage provision, acted well within its authority under the Commerce Clause," the motion says.

The mandate for most U.S. residents to carry health insurance starting in 2014 is at the heart of the federal law's goal of medical coverage for all. Without it, the Justice Department explains in the filing, the new law -- and its efforts to contain costs -- becomes moot.

"When accidents or illnesses inevitably occur, the uninsured still receive medical assistance, even if they cannot pay. As Congress documented, such uncompensated health care costs -- $43 billion in 2008 -- are passed on to the other participants in the health care market: the federal government, state and local governments, health care providers, insurers, and the insured population," the motion says.

But the "minimum coverage provision," more than any other act of Obama and the Democratic Congress, has stoked the angriest reactions, particularly by conservative tea party groups across the nation. For the federal government to tell individuals and families
what they must purchase tramples a basic liberty, they argue.

more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/25/feds-ask-va-health-reform-lawsuit-dismissed/

Isn't any state's first job to look out for it's citizens?

Why aren't providers just saying no to those who choose not to buy insurance?  Those, especially repeat offenders, who are here illegally?

Why should Americans be forced to continue paying for medical tourists? 

How much have Americans paid for Obama's aunt?  Other that have contributed nothing?

At some point taxation and Obamacare become theft.

Where in Obamacare does it address the collection problem?  Illegal alien medical tourism?

Who's looking out for Main Street?

In Wisconsin, he legislature passed a minimal coverage program, a Medicaid buy in for $130 a month.  Bare bones, no state mandates...

How much does Obamacare cost?  Using the Romneycare example, like $2,000 or more a month?

Under Obamacare, responsible folks are still paying the $43 billion dollar bill.  And, they get to pay more.  How much will 100 million illegal aliens cost? 

Why aren't illegal alien medical tourists ont he fast track to deportation when they use medical services and don't pay?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:48:58 AM »

What does Obamacare do to control costs?

Does it require EVERYONE to contribute?  If it costs $2,000 a  month, is everyone paying their own bill? 

Does it control the cost of uncompensated care in the ER?  Does it arrest those that try to rip off the system?  Those that use care and do not contribute? 

Does the Obamacare tax put America at a disadvantage in our global economy?

Somehow, I don't think every Mexican or Chinese has to pay for a minimal Obamacare/Romneycare policy. 

Instead of just confiscating everything American's own outright, Washington and the White House want to legislate and confuse the taxation, fees, and issues.

Instead of encouraging prosperity and policies that worked for generations, Washington and the White House continue those policies that failed.

Why hasn't Glass-Steagal been reinstated?

Why aren't our borders, especially the one with Mexico, protected?

Why aren't criminal aliens deported in a timely manner?

Why aren't there regular, robust, and comprehensive audits of the Federal Reserve?

I listened to Geithner talk about managing the global debt crisis.  Why does Obama dig America's debt hole bigger by his massive spending and borrowing?

Nothing for Main Street.  Just unending bailouts for special interests including Wall Street, big banks, unions, and foreigners.

No jobs for Main Street, no opportunities, no prosperity.

It's the anti-American gang in Washington and the White House sticking it to the common man.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.