April 26, 2024, 12:40:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just save "NO" to human trafficking...  (Read 1143 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 25, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »

"Rep. Kennedy Likens AZ Law to Slave Trade"

Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D.-R.I.) said last week that Mexican President Felipe Calderon had been “right on” in criticizing Arizona’s new immigration enforcement law.

CNSNews.com asked Kennedy (D-R.I.), a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on national security and foreign affairs, for his thoughts on the criticisms Calderon made of the Arizona law while in Washington, D.C. last week.

“Well, he’s right on,” Kennedy told CNSNews.com. “I mean, it violates the spirit of our own Constitution.

"So, you know, we had a tragic history in this country," said Kennedy. "The most shameful parts of our history were when we had our slave trade, when we, when we, the Trail of Tears--what we did to our Native Americans.  And, you know, the proudest moments in our history are when we had the Civil Rights Act, when we moved forward on integration and expanding the opportunities for all of our citizens.

How many people are trafficked from Mexico to the US? 

http://www.thefoxnation.com/international/2010/05/24/rep-kennedy-likens-az-law-slave-trade

How many people are sold in modern day slavery?  Into prostitution?

At some point, you have to leave yesterday's pain in the past.  "We" are not responsible for the "Trail of Tears".  The folks that did that, those that suffered are long dead.

What of today's tragedy?  All those folks victimized along the border?

What of today's debt slavery, fueled by Obama and Congress?

What of the big banks, liar loans, and other mortage/deregulation schemes enabled by Congress and past presidents?  The Fed and all it's secret dealings?

Generations of Americans will be paying for Obama's debts.  Obama's bailout bonanza, and Obama's reparations for people long dead.

just my opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.