April 26, 2024, 05:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geithner - "carefully designed global approach" to financial reform  (Read 1080 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 26, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »

LONDON/ROME - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, in an apparent criticism of Germany, called for a "carefully designed global approach" to financial reform on Wednesday as he arrived in Europe for talks on a euro zone debt crisis that is shaking world markets.

"I'm going to meet the new UK government to prepare for the next stage of global financial reform -- on the heels of what we expect to be a quick passage of U.S. reforms -- to emphasize the importance of a carefully designed global approach, and to discuss developments in Europe," Geithner told reporters aboard an overnight flight from China.

A senior U.S. Treasury official said Washington was unhappy with Berlin's "counter-productive" decision to go it alone in banning naked shorting of shares in top financial companies and sovereign euro bonds and related transactions in sovereign credit default swaps.

Geithner has also criticized European Union proposals to regulate hedge funds and private equity, warning that they could discriminate against non-European funds.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Geithner+calls+carefully+designed+global+approach+financial+reform/3072500/story.html#ixzz0p2csg06r

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.