March 29, 2024, 02:25:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The pigtails are gone: Willie Nelson cuts his hair  (Read 2102 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 26, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/music/entries/2010/05/26/the_pigtails_are_gone_willie_n.html
The pigtails are gone: Willie Nelson cuts his hair
May 26, 2010
Country music fans have come to expect a little eccentricity from legendary crooner Willie Nelson, but he pulled off a real shocker this time.

He cut his hair.

“Oh Noooooo!,” wrote one fan who saw a picture of Willie’s new-do on the website of Nashville TV and radio personality Jimmy Carter. Another fan expressed the tongue-in-cheek hope that Willie had taken his freshly shorn hair and “donated it to the oil spill.”

Nelson’s waist-deep, reddish pigtails have long been one of the singer-songwriter’s signature features. But spokeswoman Elaine Schock said Nelson, who’s been hanging loose in Hawaii, got his hair cut in the last couple of weeks. She said the Texas-born performer didn’t make a big fuss about the makeover, but she theorized Willie might have grown tired of dealing with the long locks.

“There’s a lot of maintenance,” she said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

http://blogs.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2010/05/redheaded_stranger_willie_nels_1.html
Red-headed stranger Willie Nelson has a lot less red hair
May 27, 2010

Jessica Pearl: AP
No word yet on whether the missing locks will be sold for charity.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »

Let's hope he donated the hair to Locks of Love or something similar or if auctioned the money goes to a worthy cause.      I can't imagine bidding on his locks, but I'm sure someone out there would!! 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.