June 15, 2024, 12:56:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX Mom Debra Jeter Gets Prison for Killing 12-Year-Old Daughter  (Read 6676 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 27, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/052610-Texas-Mom-Gets-Prison-for-Killing-12-Year-Old-Daughter
(Audio of 911 call)
Texas Mom Gets Prison for Killing 12-Year-Old Daughter
Debra Janelle Jeter Will Serve Life in Prison

May 26, 2010

HILLSBORO, Texas - A plea agreement means life in prison without parole for a 33-year-old central Texas woman over the slashing death of one of her daughters and the wounding of the other.

Debra Janelle Jeter of Hillsboro pleaded guilty Tuesday to capital murder and attempted capital murder. Investigators say she and her husband were divorcing and it was her first time with the two girls under a custody agreement.

* Hear the Shocking 911 Call. (WARNING GRAPHIC LANGUAGE AND CONTENT.) Link in article

Jeter's 12-year-old daughter, Kelsey, died in last June's attack. Her now-14-year-old daughter, Kiersten, was critically hurt.

The mother, in her 911 call, is heard saying "I just killed my children." She then tells the dispatcher that "one of them is still alive, hurry" and "get an ambulance out here to save the one that didn't die."

Jeter said she had a knife and gave her location at an abandoned house.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:47:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/21/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE

911 Calls Caught on Tape

Aired September 21, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, shocking 911 calls caught on tape. They are made in the heat of the moment. A crime just takes place, a child discovered missing. But 911 calls serve another purpose other than just alerting authorities. The 911 calls themselves turn out to be critical investigative tools in solving crimes. Tonight, chilling 911 calls from all across the country.

::snipping2::

GRACE: "I just killed my children." She says it to a 911 dispatch like she`s ordering fries at a McDonald`s drive-through, words that send a chill down your spine, calmly, intentionally spoken words by a mom of two. As police race to one of the most disturbing scenes they ever have encountered, one child still alive, hanging onto life by a thread, Debra Janel (ph) Jeter stays on the line with 911.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

911 OPERATOR: Hill County 911. What`s your emergency?

DEBRA JETER, ADMITTED TO CAPITAL MURDER: I just killed my children.

911 OPERATOR: Excuse me?

JETER: I just killed my children.

911 OPERATOR: Where are you?

JETER: I`m in the abandoned house on highway 77, right after you go underneath the highway. One of them`s still alive. Hurry.

911 OPERATOR: How -- under what highway? You`re on highway 77 where?

JETER: I`m on highway 77, right after you go under 35 going towards Milford. Get an ambulance out here to save the one that didn`t die. Come on.

911 OPERATOR: What`s your name?

JETER: Call them! Have you already called them?

911 OPERATOR: Yes, ma`am, I have.

JETER: OK.

911 OPERATOR: I need your name.

JETER: I won`t say my name.

911 OPERATOR: Hello?

JETER: Hello?

911 OPERATOR: Are you still there?

JETER: Yes, I`m still here.

911 OPERATOR: 77 toward Milford, right after you cross under the bridge. She`s telling me she`s killed her children.

911 OPERATOR: Are you in your car?

JETER: No, I`m not in my car. I`m in the house, walking around. And one of them`s still alive for real. She`s asking to be saved, and I couldn`t handle that. And so (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: She thinks she`s in an abandoned house (INAUDIBLE)

JETER: It`s been a long time. She might already die because she`s bled out a lot and -- hold on. What, baby?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (INAUDIBLE)

JETER: (INAUDIBLE) She said please tell you to hurry.

911 OPERATOR: OK. We`ve got people en route. Get an ambulance because one of them`s still alive, she said.

911 OPERATOR: Can you tell me what happened? Ma`am? Hello? Ma`am? Can you tell me what happened?

JETER: I can`t get the door open!

911 OPERATOR: You can`t get what door open, darling?

JETER: The front door, so y`all can come in when y`all get here. Why won`t it open?

911 OPERATOR: I don`t know.

JETER: Hold on.

911 OPERATOR: Are you on the right-hand side of the road or the left- hand side of the road, sweetie?

JETER: (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: They`re coming. They`re coming. I just -- I just want to try to clarify -- clarify exactly where they are.

Can you tell me what happened?

JETER: I don`t want to say. I don`t see any lights. They`re not coming.

911 OPERATOR: Well, they`re on their way. My partner`s getting -- getting them to you just as quickly as she can.

911 OPERATOR: How many children do you have?

JETER: Two.

911 OPERATOR: Huh?

JETER: Two.

911 OPERATOR: Two?

JETER: One of them`s dead. One of them is dead. She`s dead, dead. But the other one, she wants to be saved. And I -- she needs to be saved and I don`t (INAUDIBLE) Tell them to get out here.

911 OPERATOR: Honey, they`re coming. They`re coming. Do you have any weapons?

JETER: I do. I have a knife.

911 OPERATOR: She has a knife.

JETER: Should I throw it away?

911 OPERATOR: No, ma`am. Just put it -- she`s got a knife.

JETER: Please hurry.

911 OPERATOR: OK. Tell her we`re on our way. Can you not tell me what your name is?

911 OPERATOR: Huh?

911 OPERATOR: What`s your name, darling?

JETER: I`m not telling you my name. And I`m not your darling.

911 OPERATOR: How old are your children?

JETER: Hold on. Hurry up!

911 OPERATOR: Honey, they are coming. They`re on their way. You should be hearing lights and sirens -- seeing lights and hearing sirens.

You said you just -- you cross under the bridge that goes on 77 toward Milford. You cross under the bridge to 35, and you`re in an abandoned house. Is that right?

JETER: Yes, under 35.

911 OPERATOR: Cross under 35.

JETER: ... (INAUDIBLE) on 77, the abandoned house up on the hill on the left. Hurry the (EXPLETIVE DELETED) up!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: She says she`s in there. She`s in the abandoned house. (INAUDIBLE)

JETER: Hold on (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: Sweetie, do you hear them now? Do you hear those sirens and stuff? Are you there?

JETER: Yes.

911 OPERATOR: Are you still with me?

JETER: I`m still with you.

911 OPERATOR: Hello?

JETER: I`m here. They`re not here yet.

911 OPERATOR: They`re on their way, sweetheart. They had to come from different parts of the county.

JETER: Hold on (INAUDIBLE) They`re coming! Tell them not to shoot me. I don`t have a gun.

911 OPERATOR: OK. She doesn`t want to get shot because she doesn`t have a gun.

911 OPERATOR: OK. When they get there, I want you to lay the knife down. When you get the door open, I want to you lay the knife down so they can see that you don`t have any weapons.

JETER: OK. They`re not coming (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: They`re hurrying, honey. They`re hurrying.

JETER: OK. Oh, my God. She`s dead. Oh, my God!

911 OPERATOR: How old are the children?

JETER: I won`t tell you. (INAUDIBLE) want you to hurry! She wants...

911 OPERATOR: Honey, they are coming! They`re coming as fast as they can. They`re trying to be sure...

911 OPERATOR: Do you see them?

JETER: They`re coming.

911 OPERATOR: Do you see them? Do you see them?

911 OPERATOR: Can you see the lights?

JETER: I see something (INAUDIBLE) car lights, but not -- not (INAUDIBLE) lights, not police lights.

(CROSSTALK)

911 OPERATOR: She says there -- she can...

JETER: I hear sirens! I hear them!

911 OPERATOR: OK. Do you see them?

JETER: No, I don`t see them. They`re here.

911 OPERATOR: OK. You need to...

JETER: They`re coming up the drive!

911 OPERATOR: I know. I understand that. I...

911 OPERATOR: She`s suspicious. She`s got her hands up except for the (INAUDIBLE) the one that she`s on the phone with. She`s out in the yard. She says she`s out in the yard beside the house.

JETER: OK. Good-bye. I see them. They`re out here. Good-bye.

911 OPERATOR: All right. Bye.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: Michael, the 911 call is so disturbing, so upsetting, the way she tosses off the words "I killed my children." She`s perfectly, completely in control, and I understand her attack on her two girls, she was angry because the husband filed for divorce?

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Nancy, what`s amazing about this case is this is a woman with borderline personality disorder. She`s been diagnosed...

GRACE: Did you say borderline?

BOARD: Borderline personality disorder. Plus, she has...

GRACE: Don`t start with me about borderline personality, OK? Hold on!

BOARD: She`s not been...

GRACE: Bethany Marshall...

BOARD: She`s not been clinically diagnosed.

GRACE: Bethany Marshall, borderline, not clinically diagnosed. She isn`t crazy! She is angry over a divorce, and she killed one of her children, tried to kill the other one.

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST: This is not just about borderline personality disorder! This is a mother who hate, hate, hated her two children! Why? Because they`re cute, because they`re little, because they`re darling, because they had her ex-husband`s attention.

(END VIDEOTAPE)
 ::snipping2::

GRACE: We`ve heard shocking 911 calls caught on tape. But as we have learned, those 911 calls serve another purpose, other than just alerting authorities. The calls themselves can be a critical investigative tool in solving the crime.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:04:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.