March 28, 2024, 03:41:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From LCD Natalee Holloway - Political debate  (Read 15572 times)
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

Quote from: "WidgetTheMidget"
Quote from: "dkpen"
People like to dump it on Bush as if it's his fault. Sorry to say, but it wasn't. No one could of been prepared for this type of disaster, no one. (ie Katrina)Bush called New Orleans Governor and asked if they needed assistant and she said, "no, we have it under controll". He told her if she finds they do need help to let him know, they would be on stand by. So let's dump the fault where it is due.

Mayor of New Orleans: The Mayor chose to leave school buses in the low lands while his city flooded.
Americans poured out their hearts and souls to help the people of New Orleans after Katrina. The US government has thrown all sorts of money at this city in efforts to not only rebuild but also rejuvenate a city that still has time and money for Mardi Gras. While those of New Orleans scammed their way through FEMA to make out with a LOT of money for those who truly need it.
Any sense of justice would question decisions made by the Governor on down to Mayor Nagin - decisions that turned away an Amtrak train that could hold up to 1,000 people for evacuation. A City who was offered help by President Bush before Katrina struck and New Orleans Governor assured people they didn't need it. A City that couldn't articulate what they needed after Katrina struck. Police officers who instead of stopping looters, joined them. A City out of control who still hasn't learned.

So let's dump the fault where it is due.

Get Real Dude ..............

He Told AirForce Ones Pilot To Go Low & Slow Over The Zone Days After

The Hurricane ( Thats A Real Hands On President ).........On His Way To

Washington....

Federal Response In This Zone Was A Joke ..........And Still Is Today...

You Must Not Watch Television When They Take You Through The War

Zone Known As Katrina Fallout Victims.

1 1/2 Years Later Still Looks Like Katrina Went Through Yesterday.

Bush Is A LOOSE CANNON ..........

I Would Love To See Him Make A Speech About Iraq When He Is'nt

Surrounded By Men & Women In The Armed Services. ( Chicken Shit )

Remember They Work For Him...................

Vote For Bush

Kiss My Tush

Cool

First off widget, I'm not a DUDE, I'm all women.  Wink

Bush called into the Governor of LA to send in help. The Governor of LA said NO they can handle it. I don't care what anyone feels or thinks the President should of or could of done, without the Governor of LA specifically asking for help the President will not go in. He asked and was told NO. What of that you don't understand?

People were warned days before the hurricane hit to get out. They did not heed the warnings. They thought they could ride it out like they did hurricane Camelle from back in the 60s. They thought wrong. It's their own fault. Not the President. They were warned they may pay the consequences if they remain. They did not heed the warnings.  I don't care if they didn't have a car or are old, they could of walked across that bridge to the other side within that 3 or more days time to get out. I would of carried my sick grandmother on my back to get out or in a kids wagon if it meant to save my life or her life. The city should have emergency plans set in these type of emergencies. It's their responsibility not the Presidents. They should of known how to get hospital patients shuttled out, not leave their constituates behind while their electives took off without making sure all were out. Their own electives failed them, not the President.

After the hurricane, rescue mission began. Coast Guard was sent in. This is a military team, not a civilian team. It takes a few days to organize a rescue mission. It's not an overnight mission. Obviously you have no experiance with the military or you might not feel the same. If you do, then you are misquided in your thoughts on the Presidents responsibilities.

I don't know what you people think but after many hurricanes have come through Pensacola FL we didn't yell for a President to send in troops to help us. And trust me, hurricane Ivan and Dennis wiped Pensacola FL out. Not as bad as Katrina but it looked like a bomb went off here. Many of us could not even return to our homes or many still to this day do not have their homes. Many in tents or moved to another city or state. It took over a year for my house repairs to be finished. For a month we were living out of a hotel in another city. Upon our return we had my mother, sister and nieces and nephews here with us until they could return home.  

It's not the Presidents responsibility to rescue us or give us back what we lose in natural disasters. That is what insurance is for and what your elected State Governors, Mayors, Representatives are for. Maybe you should put the blame where it is due. Back onto LA elected officials and Representatives.

And just because the President flew over LA doesn't make him a bad person. You people need to come off your band wagon and get a real clue. LA electives are to blame for the lack of help. They didn't know who to contact obviously. They failed their own people, not the President. The President called in advance, 2 days prior, to send in help. He was told no. Not maybe, not I will think about it, not let me get back with you, not no but maybe later, but "No".  Then the electives try to put the blame on the President to cover their own asses. Sad but true.

As I wrote before...

Mayor of New Orleans: The Mayor chose to leave school buses in the low lands while his city flooded.
Americans poured out their hearts and souls to help the people of New Orleans after Katrina. The US government has thrown all sorts of money at this city in efforts to not only rebuild but also rejuvenate a city that still has time and money for Mardi Gras. While those of New Orleans scammed their way through FEMA to make out with a LOT of money for those who truly need it.
Any sense of justice would question decisions made by the Governor on down to Mayor Nagin - decisions that turned away an Amtrak train that could hold up to 1,000 people for evacuation. A City who was offered help by President Bush before Katrina struck and New Orleans Governor assured people they didn't need it. A City that couldn't articulate what they needed after Katrina struck. Police officers who instead of stopping looters, joined them. A City out of control who still hasn't learned.

WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

People like to dump it on Bush as if it's his fault. Sorry to say, but it wasn't. No one could of been prepared for this type of disaster, no one. (ie Katrina)Bush called New Orleans Governor and asked if they needed assistant and she said, "no, we have it under controll". He told her if she finds they do need help to let him know, they would be on stand by. So let's dump the fault where it is due.

Washington....

Vote For Bush

Kiss My Tush

Cool

Bush called into the Governor of LA to send in help. The Governor of LA said NO they can handle it. I don't care what anyone feels or thinks the President should of or could of done, without the Governor of LA specifically asking for help the President will not go in. He asked and was told NO. What of that you don't understand?

People were warned days before the hurricane hit to get out. They did not heed the warnings. They thought they could ride it out like they did hurricane Camelle from back in the 60s. They thought wrong. It's their own fault. Not the President. They were warned they may pay the consequences if they remain. They did not heed the warnings.  I don't care if they didn't have a car or are old, they could of walked across that bridge to the other side within that 3 or more days time to get out. I would of carried my sick grandmother on my back to get out or in a kids wagon if it meant to save my life or her life. The city should have emergency plans set in these type of emergencies. It's their responsibility not the Presidents. They should of known how to get hospital patients shuttled out, not leave their constituates behind while their electives took off without making sure all were out. Their own electives failed them, not the President.

After the hurricane, rescue mission began. Coast Guard was sent in. This is a military team, not a civilian team. It takes a few days to organize a rescue mission. It's not an overnight mission. Obviously you have no experiance with the military or you might not feel the same. If you do, then you are misquided in your thoughts on the Presidents responsibilities.

I don't know what you people think but after many hurricanes have come through Pensacola FL we didn't yell for a President to send in troops to help us. And trust me, hurricane Ivan and Dennis wiped Pensacola FL out. Not as bad as Katrina but it looked like a bomb went off here. Many of us could not even return to our homes or many still to this day do not have their homes. Many in tents or moved to another city or state. It took over a year for my house repairs to be finished. For a month we were living out of a hotel in another city. Upon our return we had my mother, sister and nieces and nephews here with us until they could return home.  

It's not the Presidents responsibility to rescue us or give us back what we lose in natural disasters. That is what insurance is for and what your elected State Governors, Mayors, Representatives are for. Maybe you should put the blame where it is due. Back onto LA elected officials and Representatives.

And just because the President flew over LA doesn't make him a bad person. You people need to come off your band wagon and get a real clue. LA electives are to blame for the lack of help. They didn't know who to contact obviously. They failed their own people, not the President. The President called in advance, 2 days prior, to send in help. He was told no. Not maybe, not I will think about it, not let me get back with you, not no but maybe later, but "No".  Then the electives try to put the blame on the President to cover their own asses. Sad but true.

As I wrote before...

Sorry dkpen .........I Should Have Said Dudette ...............

All Elected Officials Are At Fault During This Fiasco .............

I Think There Is A Big Difference Betwen Pensacola & New Orleans ..........

Jeb Bushs State Received Fed Funds Faster Than A Speeding Bullet .....

What Was Bush Thinking For Those 7 Minnutes After Told 9/11 Happened

Heres My Chance  To Get Sadaam ..........

He Sure Was'nt Thinking Of Making Stink ON The Saudis Who Could

Sell The Good OLE USA SHORT .........

Why Was Bin Ladins Family Allowed To Leave On A Private Jet Ordered

By BUSH..........

Somethings Wrong Here.............

I Wish My Dad Could Have Got Me Into The Air National Guard During

Viet-Nam...........

Now He Is The War President .............

Whats Wrong With This Scene ???????

THe USA Is Hated By Almost Every Country On The Globe.

Costa Rica Included... Bushs Coalition Country That Does'nt Even Have

An Army. He Is'nt Stopping In Costa Rica ON His Latin American Swing.

Maybe Cause We Dropped Out Of HIS Coalition.. His Handlers Told

Him To Stay Away. Why Would You Want A Country WITHOUT An Army

To Be In A Coalition ( I Guess The More The Merrier ). WE Had To Be

In The Coalition Or Be Sanctioned By The Big Brother Of THe World.

And The USA Is Trying To Pass A Free Trade Agreement With Costa Rica

Good Diplomacy George, Par For The Course .................

Cool

We Did'nt Land On Plymouth Rock........Plymouth Rock Landed On Us .......
Malcolm X ..........
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »

Washington....

Vote For Bush

Kiss My Tush

Cool

As I wrote before...

By BUSH..........

Viet-Nam...........

Cool

The reason why Florida got Fed Funds quickly is because Florida has dealt with hurricanes for many years in our paths. Not because of the President being his kin. And Jeb Bush knows his job and responsibilities unlike those in LA. Clearly that makes a big difference too. Jeb Bush and our elected Representitives, for our Florida Sunshine State, have emergency plans already set incase of emergencies and drastic times.

From closely watching tv during Katrina, it was made clear LA Governor, Mayor and Representivies didn't. Now they are playing the blame game unto others instead of themselves.

Like any human being, I'm sure President Bush was in shock over 9/11.
I could go into why ex-Pres. Clinton could be held partially accountable for 9/11 happening but it would cause an out right war here.

Remember during Clintons term, secret ops were in place to take Osama out, they were waiting on command by Madam Albrieght(sp) and such and were told to abort because they were unsure if civillians were inside the building where Osama Bin Laudin was. Because of this one action, Clintons own advisors, 9/11 took place. Clintons informants were even told in advance about 9/11 but did not act on it. Sadly Pres. Bush knew nothing of it. And sadly everyone wants to point the finger at Pres. Bush as if it's his fault. All I can do is shake my head at those who clearly don't look at the truth.

I pray Hillary Clinton never holds Pres. office.  Mrs. ex-Pres. Clinton and Mr. Clinton already ruined our Health Care. They held more scandels than any other Pres. in office in record history.

WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »

Washington....

Vote For Bush

Kiss My Tush

Cool

As I wrote before...

By BUSH..........

Viet-Nam...........

Cool

The reason why Florida got Fed Funds quickly is because Florida has dealt with hurricanes for many years in our paths. Not because of the President being his kin. And Jeb Bush knows his job and responsibilities unlike those in LA. Clearly that makes a big difference too. Jeb Bush and our elected Representitives, for our Florida Sunshine State, have emergency plans already set incase of emergencies and drastic times.

From closely watching tv during Katrina, it was made clear LA Governor, Mayor and Representivies didn't. Now they are playing the blame game unto others instead of themselves.

Like any human being, I'm sure President Bush was in shock over 9/11.
I could go into why ex-Pres. Clinton could be held partially accountable for 9/11 happening but it would cause an out right war here.

Remember during Clintons term, secret ops were in place to take Osama out, they were waiting on command by Madam Albrieght(sp) and such and were told to abort because they were unsure if civillians were inside the building where Osama Bin Laudin was. Because of this one action, Clintons own advisors, 9/11 took place. Clintons informants were even told in advance about 9/11 but did not act on it. Sadly Pres. Bush knew nothing of it. And sadly everyone wants to point the finger at Pres. Bush as if it's his fault. All I can do is shake my head at those who clearly don't look at the truth.

I pray Hillary Clinton never holds Pres. office.  Mrs. ex-Pres. Clinton and Mr. Clinton already ruined our Health Care. They held more scandels than any other Pres. in office in record history.

I Liked Bill Clintons Theory Much More .............

Make Love Not War .............

Under The Desk In The Oval Office ...............

JUst Like All My Predecessors Have Before ...........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »

THE ONLY PRESIDENT WORSE THAN BILL CLINTON WAS "LUST IN HIS HEART" STUPID COMMUINIST ASS JIMMY CARTER...

HE IS THE REASON WHY THEY CREATED THE MISERY INDEX...

i DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IF WE ARE LIKED OR NOT BY THE WORLD...THEY HATE WHAT THEY DO NOT HAVE....

see, I can yell  and be rude to... and yes, those thougths are mine.  Cool

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2007, 08:23:52 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
THE ONLY PRESIDENT WORSE THAN BILL CLINTON WAS "LUST IN HIS HEART" STUPID COMMUINIST ASS JIMMY CARTER...

HE IS THE REASON WHY THEY CREATED THE MISERY INDEX...

i DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS IF WE ARE LIKED OR NOT BY THE WORLD...THEY HATE WHAT THEY DO NOT HAVE....

see, I can yell  and be rude to... and yes, those thougths are mine.  Cool

God Bless You Mrs  Red ....................

You Really Should Join The Army And See The World .................

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »

"you really should join the army and see the world"

THIS is what I'm posting about widget, it's absurd for you to make comments like that and also the ultimate in patronization to a female.

You have two daughters now, this isn't the 70's anymore when that type of ignorant comment will fly at least around some of us early feminists.

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

THIS is what I'm posting about widget, it's absurd for you to make comments like that and also the ultimate in patronization to a female.

You have two daughters now, this isn't the 70's anymore when that type of ignorant comment will fly at least around some of us early feminists.

Actually, I find it utterly fascinating that Widget thinks I have only been in Maine.... he has no knowledge of where I have and have not traveled.... and he just makes that judgment call, it's almost as interesting as someone that was 39 years old last year or so,( he said this in relation to  his adopting two little girls) having served in Vietnam....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »

Yes,I know.I think we have many Presidents worse than Pres.Carter,but I didnät vote for him anyway.Ladies and gentlemen,lets agree to disagree.I hate all politicos.cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »

Actually, I find it utterly fascinating that Widget thinks I have only been in Maine.... he has no knowledge of where I have and have not traveled.... and he just makes that judgment call, it's almost as interesting as someone that was 39 years old last year or so,( he said this in relation to  his adopting two little girls) having served in Vietnam....

I Have A Pair Of Combat Boots That Are Celebrating Their 39th Birthday ........

And My Two Little Girls Are Doing Just Fine.........Thank You Very Much ...

And They Also Think Bush Is A Shithead .............

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2007, 03:35:47 PM »

Cool

isn't it interesting when someone remembers what has been said?   Rolling Eyes   I completely think it's wonderful that you adopted, but you DID say you were 39 - not that your boots were... get off it Widget, you know damn well you either lied about being 39 or about being in Vietnam....  

I am beginning to wonder if John Kerry or is it Al Gore that posts here????

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

Mrs sure makes one wonder doesn't it?

I wanted to post this because it's written by an a journalist who obviously does not support Bush or the war, but what's more important is that despite that, he sees the dangers of what Pelosi is proposing.

I think this should be required reading for every voting american with their corn flakes, he tells it exactly like it is, every single crack in Pelosi's 'mad' strategy  Rolling Eyes and he doesn't drag it out, he's short and to the point which is something hard for me and I admire in others.

I don't have to agree with all that he says but I cannot deny he's dead-on regarding the consequences, which is WHY it's so important that we all think critically and not just TOE THE PARTY LINE. If you don't see what's happening in Washington, if you don't see that this is a clear partisan effort on the part of Pelosi to have the Dems capitalize on the anti-war sentiment to gain control in the next elections, you probably didn't learn what you should have in high school which is where critical thinking process should emerge and take hold in your life. We are one of if not the most educated populations/countries in this world, we should know better than to let this debacle happen in Washington. The decision regarding Iraq should rise and fall upon the large umbrella of potential consequences and not elections at home.

War deadline is worst strategy
By Michael Goodwin

Saturday, March 17, 2007

With their plan to set a deadline for pulling our troops out of Iraq, Democrats in Congress are proving the wisdom of an old maxim: Nothing is so bad that it can’t be made worse.

The war is a disaster and President Bush has been a lousy commander in chief, with the disgraceful treatment of wounded warriors the latest proof. The public is sick of the mess and wants the war to end yesterday.

Voter disgust gave Democrats their midterm election victories. But now that they have power, Dems are stumped about how to turn anti-Bush slogans into policy. After weeks of fiddling around with various pieces of legislation and resolutions, their leaders have hit on something the party is rallying around.

Unfortunately, the solution they’ve settled on — binding legislation to pull all combat troops from Iraq by March 31, 2008 — is the worst one possible.

Think of the impact around the world. If you’re the enemy, you know you’ve won — all you have to do is wait for us to ship out. If you’re one of our G.I.s, you’re being told to keep risking your life, but however it turns out, we’re bringing you home on an arbitrary schedule. If you’re an Iraqi civilian friendly to us, we’re leaving you to the wolves.

If you’re the nut job president of Iran, whoopee, you’ve driven the Great Satan off the battlefield. If you’re Osama bin Laden, you raise a glass of camel pee to toast a victory over the infidels. And if you’re one of our allies in Europe or Asia, you wonder what the hell is going on in America.

Like I said, this “solution” takes a bad situation and makes it worse.

Ultimately, the legislation would come to nothing because Bush has promised to veto it. No doubt that’s partially why some Dems are hedging their bets. Sen. Hillary Clinton, who had advocated a cap on troops and opposed a deadline, says now she supports the new plan but insists it really isn’t a deadline, despite what Majority Leader Harry Reid says.

“It’s a goal, it’s not a hard deadline, it’s a goal,” Clinton told The New York Times. “We’re just trying to create some pressure on the president. That’s the whole point here.”

She better tell that to Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who wants to pull the troops out by the end of this year. If Clinton votes for any deadline when the Senate bill comes up next week, she’ll be for it, no matter how she tortures the meaning of “is.” Surely she doesn’t want to go down the road of “I voted for it, but I was really against it.” A similar whopper about her 2002 vote supporting the invasion isn’t exactly a best seller on the campaign trail.

Therein lies the Dems’ dilemma, especially those with White House ambitions. The war is off the tracks and Bush won’t listen to reason. Troop requirements for his surge are growing beyond the promised 21,500, and our new commander says even more may be needed, and for a long time. Even then there is no guarantee Iraqis will choose reconciliation over slaughter, or that their government will be more than a front for warlords.

All of which means there are no good answers in Iraq or at home. There are only bad ones, and worse ones. Then there is the worst of all — a fixed deadline for withdrawal.

— Michael Goodwin is a columnist for the New York Daily News.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/mar/17/war_deadline_worst_strategy/

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 04:36:56 AM »

The first lottery after the reinstitution of the draft lottery was held on December 1, 1969, at Selective Service National Headquarters in Washington, D.C. This event determined the order of call for induction during calendar year 1970.

That would have been for induction 37 yrs ago.

Most folks in theater in 1970 and later were wearing Jungle Boots.
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 09:22:38 AM »

Cool

isn't it interesting when someone remembers what has been said?   Rolling Eyes   I completely think it's wonderful that you adopted, but you DID say you were 39 - not that your boots were... get off it Widget, you know damn well you either lied about being 39 or about being in Vietnam....  

I am beginning to wonder if John Kerry or is it Al Gore that posts here????

I Wish I Never Went To Viet Nam ..............

I Wish I Were 39 Again ...........

I Never Said My Age Was 39 ...........

You Say You Remember What I Said ...............PROVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show Me The Post .......

To Carnut ....... That Is Absolutely Correct ........

Received My Induction To Report To Fort Hamilton In Brooklyn

In February 1970 But Opted Out For The US Marines....

The Boots Are 37 Years Old ......And I Still Have Them ........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 09:25:44 AM »

I wanted to post this because it's written by an a journalist who obviously does not support Bush or the war, but what's more important is that despite that, he sees the dangers of what Pelosi is proposing.

I think this should be required reading for every voting american with their corn flakes, he tells it exactly like it is, every single crack in Pelosi's 'mad' strategy  Rolling Eyes and he doesn't drag it out, he's short and to the point which is something hard for me and I admire in others.

I don't have to agree with all that he says but I cannot deny he's dead-on regarding the consequences, which is WHY it's so important that we all think critically and not just TOE THE PARTY LINE. If you don't see what's happening in Washington, if you don't see that this is a clear partisan effort on the part of Pelosi to have the Dems capitalize on the anti-war sentiment to gain control in the next elections, you probably didn't learn what you should have in high school which is where critical thinking process should emerge and take hold in your life. We are one of if not the most educated populations/countries in this world, we should know better than to let this debacle happen in Washington. The decision regarding Iraq should rise and fall upon the large umbrella of potential consequences and not elections at home.

By Michael Goodwin

Saturday, March 17, 2007

With their plan to set a deadline for pulling our troops out of Iraq, Democrats in Congress are proving the wisdom of an old maxim: Nothing is so bad that it can’t be made worse.

The war is a disaster and President Bush has been a lousy commander in chief, with the disgraceful treatment of wounded warriors the latest proof. The public is sick of the mess and wants the war to end yesterday.

Voter disgust gave Democrats their midterm election victories. But now that they have power, Dems are stumped about how to turn anti-Bush slogans into policy. After weeks of fiddling around with various pieces of legislation and resolutions, their leaders have hit on something the party is rallying around.

Unfortunately, the solution they’ve settled on — binding legislation to pull all combat troops from Iraq by March 31, 2008 — is the worst one possible.

Think of the impact around the world. If you’re the enemy, you know you’ve won — all you have to do is wait for us to ship out. If you’re one of our G.I.s, you’re being told to keep risking your life, but however it turns out, we’re bringing you home on an arbitrary schedule. If you’re an Iraqi civilian friendly to us, we’re leaving you to the wolves.

If you’re the nut job president of Iran, whoopee, you’ve driven the Great Satan off the battlefield. If you’re Osama bin Laden, you raise a glass of camel pee to toast a victory over the infidels. And if you’re one of our allies in Europe or Asia, you wonder what the hell is going on in America.

Ultimately, the legislation would come to nothing because Bush has promised to veto it. No doubt that’s partially why some Dems are hedging their bets. Sen. Hillary Clinton, who had advocated a cap on troops and opposed a deadline, says now she supports the new plan but insists it really isn’t a deadline, despite what Majority Leader Harry Reid says.

“It’s a goal, it’s not a hard deadline, it’s a goal,” Clinton told The New York Times. “We’re just trying to create some pressure on the president. That’s the whole point here.”

She better tell that to Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who wants to pull the troops out by the end of this year. If Clinton votes for any deadline when the Senate bill comes up next week, she’ll be for it, no matter how she tortures the meaning of “is.” Surely she doesn’t want to go down the road of “I voted for it, but I was really against it.” A similar whopper about her 2002 vote supporting the invasion isn’t exactly a best seller on the campaign trail.

Therein lies the Dems’ dilemma, especially those with White House ambitions. The war is off the tracks and Bush won’t listen to reason. Troop requirements for his surge are growing beyond the promised 21,500, and our new commander says even more may be needed, and for a long time. Even then there is no guarantee Iraqis will choose reconciliation over slaughter, or that their government will be more than a front for warlords.

All of which means there are no good answers in Iraq or at home. There are only bad ones, and worse ones. Then there is the worst of all — a fixed deadline for withdrawal.

ALL POLITICIANS SUCK ........... ITS JUST THAT

BUSH SUCKS THE MOST ..........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »

well Widget, after watching a podcast of Wolf Blitzer interviewing Donald Trump, you and he completely agree - have to wonder what that implies?

hey he says folks want him to run for pres too, maybe you could be his VP running mate ?  Laughing

WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »

By Michael Goodwin

Saturday, March 17, 2007

We Should Have Never Been In IRAQ In The First Place .....................

Of Course The Can Of Worms Is Open & Bush Is Looking For

Someone In The Future To TRY To Close It .......

The Day Bush Took Office As The So Called Winner Of The Election ...

His Plan Was To Go After Hussein .......The Day Of 9/11 Rumsfeld

States That OK Lets Go After IRAQ Now .........After Knowing It Was

Bin-Ladins Group Who Were Responsible .......This Was A Set-up From

Day ONE .........Now One Has To Wonder Was The Bushs Government

Responsible For 9/11...Did They Know What Was Coming.......

They SURE Looked Like It Before & After .........

Why The LACK-LUSTER Effort To Find Bin-Ladin ........

Bush Stated That He Does'nt Think Much Of Bin-Ladin In His Thoughts

And This Was Soon After 9/11 When Stated .........

And 5 Years Later He Still Has Those Same Thoughts ........

IRAQ DID NOT ATTACK THE U.S.

AL-QAEDA ATTACKED THE U.S.

IMAGINE IF AFTER PEARL HARBOR THE U.S WENT OUT AND ATTACKED

KOREA INSTEAD OF JAPAN..........

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

well Widget, after watching a podcast of Wolf Blitzer interviewing Donald Trump, you and he completely agree - have to wonder what that implies?

hey he says folks want him to run for pres too, maybe you could be his VP running mate ?  Laughing

I Remember In 1960 Putting Bumper Stickers On Cars For ...........

Kennedy/Johnson & Getting Wooooed Away By The Nixon/Lodge

Group Because They Gave Better PERKS To Their Workers ......

Bribery Really Works ...........

Or Were They Trying To BUY My Future VOTE .............

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »

you know Widget, I am not one that needs to resort to emotion or lies to prove my points.  I don't have the posts or emails where you said you were 39, but I guarantee that there are other people that remember you saying that.

Here is what I would like to see though.... why is it that you simply can not  come into this thread and talk like everyone else?  It is your way or the damn highway... and if I don't have that luxury why should you?

You are blantantly disrespectful and quite frankly an assbite in how you speak to people.....

everyone I have ever met that lives in Costa Rica is nothing more than a blowhard trustfund baby that can't even begin to think or survive in any surrounding other than the cocoon of trustfund living which quite frankly isn't the reality for most people --

it is completely funny to me that those that don't have to , or know how to work love to tell others how to do so....

so see, Widget, it's very easy to draw conclusions based on emperical evidence isn't it?

WidgetTheMidget
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2007, 10:14:56 PM »

you know Widget, I am not one that needs to resort to emotion or lies to prove my points.  I don't have the posts or emails where you said you were 39, but I guarantee that there are other people that remember you saying that.

Here is what I would like to see though.... why is it that you simply can not  come into this thread and talk like everyone else?  It is your way or the damn highway... and if I don't have that luxury why should you?

You are blantantly disrespectful and quite frankly an assbite in how you speak to people.....

everyone I have ever met that lives in Costa Rica is nothing more than a blowhard trustfund baby that can't even begin to think or survive in any surrounding other than the cocoon of trustfund living which quite frankly isn't the reality for most people --

it is completely funny to me that those that don't have to , or know how to work love to tell others how to do so....

so see, Widget, it's very easy to draw conclusions based on emperical evidence isn't it?

Sorry Mrs Red For The Bite On Your Ass .........

I Have Never Posted My Age Or Birthday On This Forum ..........

If You Think I'm Disrespectful Than You Dont Appreciate FREE Speech..

Yes It Is Wonderful That I Made My Fortune In The Good Ole USA

And Am Spending It Here In Paradise But Trustfund Baby Is Really

Stretching It Mrs Red .......And Yes My Two Little Angels Will Be

Educated In The Best Schools Money Can Buy ..........

And Yes It Is Wonderful That I Can Earn Up To 80 Thousand Dollars

And Not Pay A Nickel To Bushs War Plan ....

The Worst President In The History Of The United States I Heard Spoken

Today On Wolffy's Show .........

The Whole Thing Is A Lie .........WOW ..........

Yes Your Great Deceiver Still Has Not Accounted For 15 Minutes Of

Lost In Space Time During The 9/11 Fiasco Along With His Other Stooge

Cheney.....I Guess They Were Waiting For The Last Plane To Strike

Before Coming Out Of Their Communications Breakdown ...........

So Mrs Red....Pura Vida De Costa Rica .............

Cool

Malcolm X ..........
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.