March 28, 2024, 07:57:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From LCD NH Thread - more Political Debate  (Read 3262 times)
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« on: January 29, 2007, 11:14:33 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Somehow my spelling of potatoe does not look right  Laughing  Laughing

Isn't that how Al Gore spells it too?   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Or was that Dan Quayle?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:18:28 PM »

Or was that Dan Quayle?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
That's where I got that from, Dan Quayle.....(hiding under my computer now) Embarassed  Laughing
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:16:11 AM »

Could we keep the U.S. political discussions out of the Natalee Holloway discussion please?  I believe there is a forum for that elsewhere.   If not, I might be tempted to state an opinion that some may think is inflammatory.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Could we keep the U.S. political discussions out of the Natalee Holloway discussion please?  I believe there is a forum for that elsewhere.   If not, I might be tempted to state an opinion that some may think is inflammatory.

Leslie, My thoughts exactly. Most of our OTs here do not hold a potential for contention, as politics does. I would like to for us to keep Natalee's threads free of any OT subject with the high potential of contention. Our support of Natalee, her family and the pursuit of truth and justice for them are our purpose, not what our political beliefs are. We can do do the latter in the political threads. Just my 10 cents.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 08:41:36 AM »

Geesh, I keep doubling doubling words!  Very Happy Justin's school is on a 2 hour delay. Puts me further behind at work...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »

JustinsMama,
If you truly want to keep politics out of the Natalee forum, posting links to anti-war You Tube or in your case, commenting on the face of the poor baby in there, etc. is highly political.

Do you also equally wonder about the faces of the babies in the buses Saddam buried whole families in in the desert?  How about the 100,000 Kurds documented as killed by his regime, there were babies in those as well.  Do you worry about how their faces looked as well?

Why mention it unless you are prepared for the reaction it is sure to evoke?  

Leslie,
You have also posted political things like saying President Bush couldn't drink a toast one time.  He certainly can.  He chose to stop drinking as a part of religious conversion.  I think if Laura had told him he had to also quit breathing he would have given it a try so smitten was he with her.  

But you were implying the old tired DNC smear that he is an alcoholic as though drinking a toast would send him on some binge.  I have it on pretty good information that he does drink a beer once in a while and nothing happens so you can relax about that.  Even Laura Bush has set the record straight on his not being an alcoholic and is on the record on that one.  She is known for being rather truthful.

You also defended Katie Couric for that shameful piece she did on military families with the cheap trick voice over so they couldn't hear how they were being used.  That's pretty political from where I stand.

So it is not right for liberals to post these kinds of things and expect no reaction from those of us who do not share your opinions and that is all this is.  Opinions, political ones at that.  I think we conservatives have been extremely tolerant in that we seldom react to these things.

I have opinions too, and while not saying anything most of the time when you do these things, it doesn't make it right for you to do them.

This just sounds like you want to have your political say and a free ride for doing it and just don't want anybody else to express theirs or reply.  But the subtle political comments like both of you make are every bit as political as the more blatant ones from Widget.

We conservatives are not stupid, believe it or not.  Your thinking we won't notice your politics because it is semi-concealed just won't work, sorry.  If you get to state your opinion, we should be allowed to ours as well.  

Either we all get to or none of us do.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 08:22:39 AM »

Anna
Quote from: "Anna"

Leslie,
You have also posted political things like saying President Bush couldn't drink a toast one time.  He certainly can.  He chose to stop drinking as a part of religious conversion.  I think if Laura had told him he had to also quit breathing he would have given it a try so smitten was he with her.  
But you were implying the old tired DNC smear that he is an alcoholic as though drinking a toast would send him on some binge.  I have it on pretty good information that he does drink a beer once in a while and nothing happens so you can relax about that.  Even Laura Bush has set the record straight on his not being an alcoholic and is on the record on that one.  She is known for being rather truthful.
--
Evidence: I wrote, Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 pm    

"I thought Dubya doesn't drink anymore - he had a little problem in that area."

People Magazine - December 15, 2006
Interview with George and Laura Bush

THE PRESIDENT: "... I don't drink alcohol. I can remember when I used to drink, I had trouble sleeping at night."

NOT MY OPINION - A FACT

--
You also defended Katie Couric for that shameful piece she did on military families with the cheap trick voice over so they couldn't hear how they were being used.  That's pretty political from where I stand.
--
Evidence: I wrote, Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:22 pm    

To set the record straight, the question Katie Couric asked the military wives was "A lot of people are against the war now, how do you guys handle that?"
The words of the voice over was "And despite the fact that the majority of Americans oppose the war, they firmly believe in what their husbands are fighting for. "

NOT MY OPINION - A FACT

--
So it is not right for liberals to post these kinds of things and expect no reaction from those of us who do not share your opinions and that is all this is.  
-
PLEASE, DO NOT PRESUME TO PUT ANY LABELS ON ME.   I AM A CANADIAN AND WILL NOT GET INVOLVED IN U.S POLITICS, AS I WOULD HOPE YOU WOULD NOT VOICE AN OPINION ON ANYTHING CANADIAN.  
--  
Opinions, political ones at that.  I think we conservatives have been extremely tolerant in that we seldom react to these things.
--
YOU ARE NOT TOLERENT AND USUALLY REACT TO THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION - REAL OR IMAGINARY (SEE ABOVE EXAMPLES)
--
I have opinions too, and while not saying anything most of the time when you do these things, it doesn't make it right for you to do them.
--
REALLY?
--
this just sounds like you want to have your political say and a free ride for doing it and just don't want anybody else to express theirs or reply.  But the subtle political comments like both of you make <justinsmama and Leslie> are every bit as political as the more blatant ones from Widget.
--
A RIDICULOUS CONCLUSION EVEN THOUGH I RESPECT WIDGET'S RIGHT TO SPEAK HIS MIND AND FOR JUSTINSMAMA TO COMMENT ON
ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO.

--
We conservatives are not stupid, believe it or not.  Your thinking we won't notice your politics because it is semi-concealed just won't work, sorry.  If you get to state your opinion, we should be allowed to ours as well.  Either we all get to or none of us do.
--
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND ENJOY READING  INTELLIGENT OPINIONS.  I HAVE NEVER BEEN AFRAID TO VOICE MY OPINION BUT SOMETIMES I CHOOSE TO KEEP QUIET.   I DISLIKE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SILENCE ALL DISSENTING VOICES AND RIDICULE THE OPPOSITON WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS.  JUST BECAUSE YOU TALK LONGER AND STRONGER DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT(ER), SMARTER OR MORE PATRIOTIC.  

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »

Leslie, well said, IMO.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.