April 24, 2024, 11:45:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners Recall  (Read 5444 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 30, 2010, 07:54:36 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/community/blogs/smart-money/108000-Bagless-vacuums-recalled-95113404.html
108,000 Bagless vacuums recalled
May 28, 2010

The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Hoover are recalling 108,000 Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners because of a possible burn hazard.

The vacuums were sold between August 2009 and May 2010 both online and in stores.

The power cord has a rewind feature which may not secure the cord correctly allowing it to pull loose. One person suffered burns to their hand and there are three other reports of burns to carpet and furniture.

Below are the model numbers involved.

Model Numbers

Manufacturing code
ends with...

UH70110  UH70120
UH70200  UH70205
UH70210

H09A I09A
J09A K09A

Vacuums with the manufacturing code K09A followed by a green dot are not included in this recall. Vacuum cleaners with the cord rewind feature sold after November 2009 and with any other manufacturing code are not included in this recall. The model number and manufacturing code can be found on a label on the lower rear part of the vacuum cleaner.

If you have one of these vacuums you should stop using it and contact Hoover for a free repair.

For more information, call Hoover at (888) 891-2054 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit thecompany's Web site. http://www.hoover.com/customerservice/tseriesrewindrecall.aspx

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:33:09 PM »

We just returned a Hoover Windtunnel VAC that we purchased from Amazon.  We returned it not because of a faulty cord or burns, but because it kept plugging up.  We could only get about a 3ft square area done before the filter would plug up.  We called Hoover - no help - we called a local Hoover repair guy and took it down to him.  His answer was the WindTunnel is a piece of sh** and the only way to fix it was to get a different vacuum, WHICH WE DID.  We actually got another Hoover but one with a bag and it works great.

In the mean time, we got Amazon to refund us on the WindTunnel.  They suck, but not for long, lol.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »

We just returned a Hoover Windtunnel VAC that we purchased from Amazon.  We returned it not because of a faulty cord or burns, but because it kept plugging up.  We could only get about a 3ft square area done before the filter would plug up.  We called Hoover - no help - we called a local Hoover repair guy and took it down to him.  His answer was the WindTunnel is a piece of sh** and the only way to fix it was to get a different vacuum, WHICH WE DID.  We actually got another Hoover but one with a bag and it works great.

In the mean time, we got Amazon to refund us on the WindTunnel.  They suck, but not for long, lol.

(Bolded by me)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »

Sounds like a bad relationship 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »

Sounds like a bad relationship 

Monkey Devil!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.