March 28, 2024, 03:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arianna “Peaches” Davis, 20yrs old, missing 4/30/10 Henrico VA  (Read 9111 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« on: June 01, 2010, 12:41:06 PM »

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/MOMM01_20100531-220404/348108/

Arianna “Peaches” Davis was last seen on April 30.

By Luz Lazo
Published: June 1, 2010
Updated: June 1, 2010 8:16 AM
It has been a month since Zandra Shearin saw her youngest daughter.

On April 30, a Friday, Arianna "Peaches" Davis and her mother had spent a few minutes at their dining room table talking about school.

Davis, a 20-year-old eastern Henrico County woman who police say may be the victim of foul play, was eight weeks short of graduating from Fortis College, where she has been studying massage therapy, her family said.

Since the disappearance, Shearin and her family have been knocking on doors, putting up posters in the neighborhood and passing out fliers in hopes of finding Davis. They raised about $1,000 during a church fundraiser to offer as a reward to anyone who can provide information about her whereabouts.

Last Tuesday, Shearin's desperation took her before the Henrico Board of Supervisors; she asked officials for help finding her daughter.

"I still feel that my child's case has not been given the exposure that it needs, and I feel that her missing was not taken seriously at the beginning," Shearin, a mother of six, told the board during the public-comment period.

A police investigator was assigned to the case May 4, three days after Davis was reported missing, police said. Shearin and her family said police told them they were handling many missing-persons cases, and because Davis is an adult, they needed to wait 48 to 72 hours to do anything about the case.

"Yes, she is a 20-year-old adult, but my child is not a child who goes and jumps in cars; she is not a child that goes and just runs off," the tearful mother said at last Tuesday's meeting.

Henrico police Lt. Eric Owens, a department spokesman, said police have received numerous tips through Crime Stoppers about the circumstances surrounding Davis' disappearance. He said that based on tips, information and interviews, investigators believe foul play may be involved. Owens declined to say why.

Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, who was moved by Shearin's speech last Tuesday, has been in communication with Davis' family for several days and made several calls to the police department to inquire about the case.

"She expressed the frustration of a traumatized mother and she also expressed to me that she felt that [the investigation] was not done in a timely fashion," Thornton said. The police, he told her, are doing what they can.

The disappearance is disconcerting, said next-door neighbor Tiffany Baynes, who is two years older than Davis.

"It is sad. It is very disturbing that something like that could happen right here," she said. "I am very worried, and I just hope they can find her. I hope she's fine."

Thousands of people are reported missing each year, according to statistics by the FBI's National Crime Information Center. Last year, 719,558 records were entered nationwide into the Missing Person File, and 778,161 records were entered in 2008.

As of Dec. 31, the Missing Person File had 96,192 active records. About 46 percent of the missing were younger than 18, and about 13 percent were ages 18 to 20.

Shearin said she is hopeful Davis will be found. She said she hopes someone who knows about what happened that Friday will speak up.

"We believe and we trust in God that she will be returned to us," Shearin said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Luz Lazo at (804) 649-6058 or llazo@timesdispatch.com.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:10:42 PM by klaasend » Logged

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »

Related Info

Missing woman
Arianna “Peaches” Davis, 20, is 5-foot-5 and about 200 pounds. She last was seen in the area of Masonic Lane and Nine Mile Road in Henrico County on Friday, April 30, about 1:15 p.m.
Description: She was wearing rolled-up cut-off jeans, a pink shirt and multicolored flip-flops. Her hair was pulled back in a wrap with a pink and white hair clip.
Have a tip? Anyone with information about Davis’ whereabouts can call Henrico police at (804) 501-5000 and ask for Investigator K.S. Howdyshell, or call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:13:05 PM »

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/MOMM01_20100531-220404/348108/

Missing woman’s mother seeks help

By Luz Lazo
Published: June 1, 2010
Updated: June 1, 2010 12:54 PM

On April 30, a Friday, Arianna "Peaches" Davis and her mother had spent a few minutes at their dining room table talking about school.

Davis, a 20-year-old eastern Henrico County woman who police say may be the victim of foul play, was eight weeks short of graduating from Fortis College, where she has been studying massage therapy, her family said.

Since the disappearance, Shearin and her family have been knocking on doors, putting up posters in the neighborhood and passing out fliers in hopes of finding Davis. They raised about $1,000 during a church fundraiser to offer as a reward to anyone who can provide information about her whereabouts.

Last Tuesday, Shearin's desperation took her before the Henrico Board of Supervisors; she asked officials for help finding her daughter.

"I still feel that my child's case has not been given the exposure that it needs, and I feel that her missing was not taken seriously at the beginning," Shearin, a mother of six, told the board during the public-comment period.

A police investigator was assigned to the case May 4, three days after Davis was reported missing, police said. Shearin and her family said police told them they were handling many missing-persons cases, and because Davis is an adult, they needed to wait 48 to 72 hours to do anything about the case.

"Yes, she is a 20-year-old adult, but my child is not a child who goes and jumps in cars; she is not a child that goes and just runs off," the tearful mother said at last Tuesday's meeting.

Henrico police Lt. Eric Owens, a department spokesman, said police have received numerous tips through Crime Stoppers about the circumstances surrounding Davis' disappearance. He said that based on tips, information and interviews, investigators believe foul play may be involved. Owens declined to say why.

Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, who was moved by Shearin's speech last Tuesday, has been in communication with Davis' family for several days and made several calls to the police department to inquire about the case.

"She expressed the frustration of a traumatized mother and she also expressed to me that she felt that [the investigation] was not done in a timely fashion," Thornton said. The police, he told her, are doing what they can.

The disappearance is disconcerting, said next-door neighbor Tiffany Baynes, who is two years older than Davis.

"It is sad. It is very disturbing that something like that could happen right here," she said. "I am very worried, and I just hope they can find her. I hope she's fine."

Thousands of people are reported missing each year, according to statistics by the FBI's National Crime Information Center. Last year, 719,558 records were entered nationwide into the Missing Person File, and 778,161 records were entered in 2008.

As of Dec. 31, the Missing Person File had 96,192 active records. About 46 percent of the missing were younger than 18, and about 13 percent were ages 18 to 20.

Shearin said she is hopeful Davis will be found. She said she hopes someone who knows about what happened that Friday will speak up.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »

I think this is her myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/ecstasy_101

#
Peaches DAvis
# 20 / Female
# RICHMOND, Virginia, US
# Last Login: 4/18/2010

Caption on this undated photo is:  Club Hoppin

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-missing-henrico-woman-update-100510,0,7549515.story

UPDATE: Missing Henrico Women
Police suspect foul play

Jon Burkett Staff reporter

May 10, 2010

HENRICO COUNTY - The disappearance of Arianna "Peaches" Davis has baffled family and friends. They say the 20-year-old would never run off without telling anyone.

Now, police she may have been the victim of a crime.

Peaches was last seen at an East End Convenience store where she bought a Black and Mild cigar, then started walking back to her 3rd street home according to witnesses, but she never made it there.

Police now saying they suspect foul play, her parents say that has to be the case because Peaches would never just not come home.

Her father, Lawrence Ford says, "I feel like someone is holding her in a basement or attic against her will. She can't get out. I don't feel she's dead."

Sources tell CBS 6 that folks from a tire shop next door saw her walking back up Koch Road after that purchase, but her mother says her daughter would never disappear or miss the most important day of the year. Zandra Shearin says, "I miss my daughter. I know she would've called me on Mother's Day if she could but she's not able to get to me."

Davis was enrolled at Fortress College, studying to be a massage therapist.

One thing that Davis' mother told CBS 6 was that she wanted to address rumors flying around the neighborhood that her own son may be involved with her daughter's disappearance. Shearin says, "He has not done anything with her he was protective of her."

Police say there's been no activity on her cell phone and as the days she's been missing add up to more than a week, her parents refuse to give up hope.

They says, "Just let my daughter go. Let her come back home."

If you know where Arianna "Peaches" Davis is, call Henrico Police at 501-5000. The family is offering a $1000 reward.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

Missing woman’s mother seeks help
June 1, 2010

Related Info

Missing woman
Arianna “Peaches” Davis, 20, is 5-foot-5 and about 200 pounds. She last was seen in the area of Masonic Lane and Nine Mile Road in Henrico County on Friday, April 30, about 1:15 p.m.
Description: She was wearing rolled-up cut-off jeans, a pink shirt and multicolored flip-flops. Her hair was pulled back in a wrap with a pink and white hair clip.
Have a tip? Anyone with information about Davis’ whereabouts can call Henrico police at (804) 501-5000 and ask for Investigator K.S. Howdyshell, or call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_arianna.html

This says her hair was 'in a wrap'  at the time she went missing. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is that?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_arianna.html

This says her hair was 'in a wrap'  at the time she went missing. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is that?

http://www.prettywrap.com/information.php?info_id=4

OR

http://www.ehow.com/how_2225142_wrap-your-hair.html
How to Wrap Your Hair

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

ahhhhh.....ty

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »

http://haveyouseenpeaches.weebly.com/
FIND PEACHES

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:20 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2012/05/13/grandmother-peaches-last-seen-with-man-now-in-prison-for-stabbing/
Grandmother: “Peaches” last seen with man now in prison for stabbing
May 13, 2012

HENRICO, Va. (WTVR)–Every day is a struggle for Zandra Ford and family.
Her daughter Arianna “Peaches” Davis vanished just over two years ago
In an East End store parking lot this afternoon, about a third of a mile from where Davis disappeared, family and neighbors gathered for a pink pledge-to never give up.
Pink represented Davis’ favorite color, so her family blew up pink balloons,  saying resembles their continuous and growing love for their missing loved one
 ::snipping2::
Two years ago Henrico police wasted no time saying they suspected foul play.
Yet no arrests have been made and her mom fears the case has gone cold.
Peaches grandmother says her granddaughter was last seen off Nine Mile Road, just three blocks from her home with a man she knew well.
That man is now in prison for stabbing another woman, she said.

::snipping2::
The reward for information to “Peaches” whereabouts has grown to $3300 dollars.
Her family is hoping money will be incentive for someone to come forward.
Video at link

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.